Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
Hi everyone

I’m not all that sure if this falls into this category or not but anyadvice would be really appreciated.
We’ve been ttc for 6 months. I stopped the pill but hadn’t tracked anything. Periods have been every 4/5 weeks.
I’ve felt quite unwell for a few weeks but had tested positive for Covid. So put it down to that.
I had a routine blood test on Monday which included HCG which has come back as positive. Obviously very shocked but happy.
Went for a scan today as my partner and I were just too excited. I expected to be around 5-6 weeks as my last period was lighter. I’m actually 26 weeks 🤦🏻‍♀️😭.
I’m a bit traumatised. Can’t really talk to the doctor as it’s bank holiday and I’m so worried that we’ve missed bloods/screening and we have not got much time to get used to it!
Has anyone else had anything like this????

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
So its 2.32am here and af arrived at 1.52, a week late. But I'm now going to assume I ovulated a week late. We are trying not to track and stress. My gyno told me to dtd every 2nd day.
I have endo and dp had testicular cancer 7 years ago. I really wish we could get pregnant. Mmc last may coming upto year anniversary next weekend. Never felt so lost

• Heart

Smallpotato

VIP Member
I’ve just come on my period so I am just going to have a little cry in the shower and dust myself off. I think this is my second period after coil removal.

• Heart

Neonmoon

I’m really struggling ...
there’s pregnancy everywhere and here I am sat in my bathroom on the floor at 2:55am because even after YEARS of trying we still haven’t managed, we’ve had now 5 miscarriages...
just feels like it’s not meant to be..

doesn’t help that every night this week I’ve had a dream that I’ve given birth to a small foetus you make out every little body part and I hold them close until I wake up... 💔

• Heart
  • Sad

Lola UK

VIP Member
Wouldn’t it be so nice and convenient if we could just press a button to get pregnant? 🤣 it would be a lot less stressful. I don’t even mind not having the sex 🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I’ve been trying to write something coherent for a little while this morning but all I can say is that if my AF turns up in the next few days it will be so shit. So so so shit. I’ve felt sad the past few months when it has but for some reason I’m really clinging onto it this month. I’m not even expecting to be pregnant as I think I ovulated seriously early and I don’t really want to test as the outcome will be the outcome if I test or not no matter how many millions I spend on tests. This will be our 5th cycle, 2 were “trying but not trying” and I know I’m in the luckiest luckiest position in comparison to some but somehow it still feels like the most crushing feeling. Anyhoo my heart goes out to everyone feeling it right now no matter what your circumstance, it’s alllll shit.

• Heart
Hey ladies, back on this thread after suffering a miscarriage at almost 10 weeks a fortnight ago! Had been TTC for four months for #2 and was thrilled but sadly despite seeing a heartbeat at 8 weeks the heartbeat stopped some time after. Anyway, not sure why I'm telling you all but I'm back on the journey. I did have my first vaccine last week as a kind of f you to the miscarriage. Has anyone else had it Nx trying to conceive still? Anyone waiting?

• Heart
  • Sad

Dove88

Hi everyone. I'm sorry for being negative but I just need to vent.

TTC since June 2020. My period is like clockwork. This month I was 3 days late and yesterday there was brownish blood then as the day progressed it was bright pink. I really thought it was an implantation bleed, until I woke up this morning and bam there was AF. I'm so disappointed. I really thought this was it. The lateness, the different consistency to the flow from normal, the 3 days of cramping and nausea prior. Everything was so different to my normal period.

It just fucking sucks.

• Heart
  • Sad
Had a little break but need to share with someone. Had our appointment with the fertility clinic this week and got told that our only hope of a pregnancy based on my age and my partners test results (which is ironic as he already two kids which were conceived naturally and quickly) is to have IVF. Was a bit of a blow to be honest, we knew it was a possibility but was quite hard to hear. Not sure it’s even an option for us, would be self funded and the chances of a successful pregnancy are under 10%, if we wait even longer that’ll drop even more. They also reckon we’ll possibly need 2-3 cycles, so need to have £15k available, not sure that’s an option for us
I just feel so sad. I’m an only child and I just always assumed I’d have a baby at some point, my Mum had me at 41 so I’ve always been quite blasé about it
My partner doesn’t seem to get why I’m so upset, he’s always been happy enough to have another child but he just doesn’t seem to get why I’m so bothered by it...we argued the other night and he suggested I’d best ‘go and find myself someone that isn’t a jaffa’ that’s not even a consideration for me but would just like him to realise how difficult I’m finding this

• Sad
  • Heart

Mel17

Hi everyone!
Update- AF is FINALLY here!! I’ve never been happier haha! So onto a new month! I think I may try tempting this month, how does this work?? When will I start temping when AF has finished??
Thanks for everyone’s support over the last few days of what had been an awful time in limbo! X

• Heart

Gizmo92

Sorry to be a downer but just wanted somewhere to vent. Another month down and more negative tests 😞 I can feel my period coming 🙄. I honestly cannot imagine the feeling of getting a BFP and each month that goes by it feels less and less likely. I’m losing motivation at work as I just want to be a mum so bad 😢 don’t know if I can keep feeling like this month after month☹ Sorry for the pity party guys but not sure who else would listen!

• Heart
  • Sad

Lola UK

VIP Member
DTD right at the end of my fertile week according to Flo but I don’t think I actually ovulated at all 🙄 no usual symptoms and hardly any CM. Ffs. This is so frustrating. I should have taken OPK so my own fault I suppose. Just wish it was as easy as having unprotected sex, that’s what they told us in school 😭 my partner works away most of spring/summer so really difficult to time it correctly.

loads of my friends are heavily pregnant or just given birth recently too. I thought (hoped) I would have caught before they would be born but isn’t looking likely ☹ I know you all will understand here.

• Heart
Reactions: 11

Pinkpenguinx

Chatty Member
Hi everyone
I've lurked here for a while , after having a miscarriage in February , unfortunately things didn't go well and I ended up having to have surgery in April.
Fort time ovulating last week , have been testing with cheap pregnancy tests ever since and today a line came up 😱 it's sooo faint , so of course peeing on stick addiction went into overdrive so I had to go out and get some digital tests and........
I can't tell anyone in real life atm 😳 but I hope this gives some hope to others struggling ❤

Hi everyone
I've lurked here for a while , after having a miscarriage in February , unfortunately things didn't go well and I ended up having to have surgery in April.
Fort time ovulating last week , have been testing with cheap pregnancy tests ever since and today a line came up 😱 it's sooo faint , so of course peeing on stick addiction went into overdrive so I had to go out and get some digital tests and........
I can't tell anyone in real life atm 😳 but I hope this gives some hope to others struggling ❤
I meant to add , this is only 9 days post ovulation 😱 I got a positive ovulation test on 28th April

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 11

DaisyDaisy87

VIP Member
Hi all,

For those that have just got their bfps or have other children did any of you have skin breakouts before you found out?

My skin was awful for a year after coming off the pill. The last 2 or 3 months it has got better which has made me feel so much better in myself.

I'm in the TWW 8dpo and the last few days my skin is breaking out. Its not major. I've got quite a few actual spots and then lots of those little 'bumps' that are apparently hormonal spots or something. I'm sure it means nothing and most likely just means my skin is going bad again (I am praying this doesn't happen, it killed my self esteem).

Thanks x x
I’ve just tested positive but I had literally no symptoms! My boobs felt fine and I’ve had no sickness or skin issues so it really is different for everyone! The only unusual thing was that I’ve been SUPER bloated the past week or so! Good luck ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 10

Smallpotato

VIP Member
Morning ladies. Just want to thank you all for keeping me sane this cycle. It’s nice to have someone to talk to!!!

• Heart
Reactions: 10