Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Greencatfysh

VIP Member
After my D&C my surgeon said I could start trying again immediately. Didn't tell me to wait for anything.
Crazy. I can’t actually recall them warning me against trying, it was more like wait for your period as a kind of “reset” to know you’re definitely ovulating the next month. I guess they have no real idea what will happen with your body. Ughhhh, it’s all such a mindf*ck.

nolongerlurking

VIP Member
Hi 👋🏻
We’ve been trying for a baby for nearly 9 months now, I know to most that’s not a very long time at all, however with our son and daughter I fell pregnant very quickly, which is now 11 and 8 years ago.. I decided to start using ovulation tests a few months ago to see if I’m missing the “fertile window”, the first time I used them for a few days and didn’t get a positive so December and January I used them every day for 14 days and I still didn’t get a positive.. which has now left me wondering whether I’m actually ovulating at all? Can anyone help if they’ve been in this situation and have ovulated, or even vice versa. Thanks. X

littlepup

VIP Member
I thought it might be pointless to call or go there but I’m thinking maybe I should so that this is documented somewhere 😫 this is my first loss and I just thought I should ride it out as I’m physically fine (apart from the obvious)
So sorry for your loss.
I would however call the doctor or midwife line to 1. Get it logged and 2. For advice on ensuring the MC is complete.
If the bleeding lasts over a certain time frame and the pregnancy tests don’t begin to fade out you may need some additional help.[SPOLIER]

countrybumpkin92

Postivies after time shouldn’t count but two doing it is unusual. I’d take a digital thats says either pregnant or not pregnant tomorrow or if they’re too pricy, leave it two more days and do more dye tests 🤞🏼
Ok good call, going to follow your advice and wait a couple of days! X

You ladies are blessed with resilience and patience that I just don’t have. I’m such newbie to this but I’m already fed up of not understanding my body. I caved and ordered the Hertility test. I just want to know what my body is doing. I guess I’m scared the test will tell me something I don’t want to know, but at the same time I can’t endlessly be dipping a stick in a pot of my piss and hoping for the best.

Last edited:

givemethegossx

So many, haha! There have been so many +ves on here lately that I hoped my luck was in, too, again and again and again! I have been doing an OPK and an HCG at the same time in the mornings for the past few days. Not even a whisper of an evap line on the HCG. And I’m definitely not mixing the tests up with each other either when I’m reading them, which would be totally on brand for me to do but the easy@home are colour coded 😊
ugh how annoying, when is your predicted period, have you gone past it yet?

leavemealone107

I know AF is on her way but I can’t help but Google every symptom in the hope it’s pregnancy (annoying that the symptoms for PMS and pregnancy are so similar)

Thank you so much for this it’s really helpful - I said to my husband last night that I don’t think I’m pregnant from last month so will see how we get on this month and if nothing then I’m going to do the hertility. I don’t want to waste money but I think for my peace of mind or knowledge of any issues will really help me.

Currently any hint of a symptom I get my hopes up but I also know that these are symptoms I get most months before AF anyway.

I’m 30 and hoping for my first baby ❤
This was basically me. Hadn’t been actively trying that long but did already know there might be some hurdles for me, my ovulation tests suggested I don’t ovulate every month and for me personally, knowledge is power. I am privileged enough that I could pay for the test so I did but I get not everyone is in that position, especially not right now when the cost of living is so fierce. There are sometimes some discount codes floating about so if you do go down that road then don’t forget to do a wee google! My buying the test coincided with my longest cycle ever, I don’t know if the NHS blood tests also want to test you on a specific day of your cycle but I would have struggled to make that happen, I think in the end I did my sample on a Sunday to be Day 3 of my cycle, which was about 2 weeks later than I had anticipated it would be if my cycle was normal. Yay me and my wonky body 🤣

leavemealone107

I had a talk with a friend at a party on friday and she mentioned mio-inositol. Did a little research and it’s supposed to be great for hormones, egg quality and conception in general. Anyways started taking it today and I’m interested in results. :)

Is this recommended if you don’t have PCOS diagnosis? I need something to extend my luteal phase as I tend to start spotting 5 days before AF is due (so around 7 days DPO for me)

Thank you so much ❤ yeah that is the thing it’s just a waiting game now which is hard. I’m sitting in work telling myself not to do another one until the morning as there is no point. Fingers crossed I see something more soon
---

thank you for your reply :) I am not 100% on ovulation as I don’t temp I base it off my positive opk test (not ideal I know) especially when testing so early. That’s the thing giving me the false hope that the top test doesn’t have an evap at all but then something starts to appear the bottom two. I know all I can do is wait until tomorrow it’s just so so hard!
Oh it’s sooooo hard not to test and re-test and test again. We’re all rational enough to know there isn’t any point but yet I think we all do it!

Even if you do a day 21 test and it comes back very low you’ll have an idea of your progesterone levels at that point in your cycle, they could even do one on day 26-27 to confirm what you’re thinking. If you have very low progesterone for a few months and they can repeat the tests, you could get some supplementary progesterone and it could help you fall pregnant that month. Either way, good to have as much data as possible I’d say.

The issue is the LH tests cannot actually tell you if you’re ovulating. I recommend doing BBT checking if you haven’t already, it’s really simple and gives you a better idea of what’s happening
BBT is simple when you don’t have the bladder of an absolute pea 🤣🤣 I’ve been through my struggles with BBT on here before.

littlepup

VIP Member
Thank you so much ❤ yeah that is the thing it’s just a waiting game now which is hard. I’m sitting in work telling myself not to do another one until the morning as there is no point. Fingers crossed I see something more soon
---

thank you for your reply :) I am not 100% on ovulation as I don’t temp I base it off my positive opk test (not ideal I know) especially when testing so early. That’s the thing giving me the false hope that the top test doesn’t have an evap at all but then something starts to appear the bottom two. I know all I can do is wait until tomorrow it’s just so so hard!
Were all the tests 10iu/l sensitivity though? or the digital different?

ggukxo

Chatty Member
Hi all, I had an early miscarriage at 6 weeks on the 30th November. I’ve still not come on my period. Is this normal?

CWA21

When do you all test? I'm 11 DPO, no signs to be honest, but I've tried my best not to test all weekend.