TTC #5 peeing in pots and on hands

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
When if at all do people start telling family/friends that you’re TTC or struggling to? We’ve chosen to keep everything quiet for the time being but our friends have been way more open, announcing they were TTC last July and they’re not pregnant yet. I’m not sure I could deal with that pressure of everyone knowing you’re trying especially when it takes longer than you anticipate.
This is a difficult one. I told a friend when she announced her unplanned pregnancy, I was honest and said I was happy for her but it was hard for me because I'd been trying for a year at that point. I kept it light and said hopefully it happens soon and we can have play dates in future. I didnt want to make it all about me do that was it. She just brushed it off with an "oh well" and it was never mentioned again. It's changed how close we are and how I view her.
I told another friend at the same time because I was upset and needed to talk to someone and she was lovely. So kind and understanding. 2 years in now and no one else knows.

Reactions: 3
Me too, I ended up getting my BFP on a month where I didn’t do anything differently. Didn’t cut anything out, just lived my life as normal. I’d had a few weeks off work so my diet was terrible, I’d been out a LOT and got so drunk at bottomless brunch I was sick. I got my positive test on the Monday after I’d been out at a friends 30th on the Saturday night and drank about 3 bottles of wine. I felt so guilty after that but it was all okay ❤
This happened to me!! After my mc, I cut out so many things inc alcohol, made sure I always took vitamins, took this that and the other. An early mc happened and I literally said 'fk it' I've had enough'.

I still took vits and included inositol, but we went to Oktoberfests, I got hideous drunk many times, didn't even have sex much and then boom, pregnant and a sticky bean. I think it was most likely the introduction of inositol as I've mentioned before, but, and I hate to be this person bcus I wanted to punch people in the face who said this to me, I think giving up in a sense helped and maybe relaxing..? Don't hate me for saying that pls. I completely understand why people get frustrated with that bcus I most definitely did. I wasn't expecting it, I didn't test for ovulation, I didn't restrict myself or anything.

Reactions: 11
This happened to me!! After my mc, I cut out so many things inc alcohol, made sure I always took vitamins, took this that and the other. An early mc happened and I literally said 'fk it' I've had enough'.

I still took vits and included inositol, but we went to Oktoberfests, I got hideous drunk many times, didn't even have sex much and then boom, pregnant and a sticky bean. I think it was most likely the introduction of inositol as I've mentioned before, but, and I hate to be this person bcus I wanted to punch people in the face who said this to me, I think giving up in a sense helped and maybe relaxing..? Don't hate me for saying that pls. I completely understand why people get frustrated with that bcus I most definitely did. I wasn't expecting it, I didn't test for ovulation, I didn't restrict myself or anything.
I know what you mean…and maybe something in it, who knows. My two mcs I wasn’t “trying” or tracking or doing anything healthy. Now on cycle 5 of actively trying and it’s not happening.

Reactions: 1
I know what you mean…and maybe something in it, who knows. My two mcs I wasn’t “trying” or tracking or doing anything healthy. Now on cycle 5 of actively trying and it’s not happening.
I mean everything about ttc is an unknown. I honestly hate myself for even saying 'give up' or 'relax'. Sorry to hear you had mcs. We were the same though. We caught on our first month ttc, we literally just enjoyed each other (vom in my mouth there soz) and didn't expect it to happen, but that ended in mc. Genuinely made me neurotic about ttc then which I wish it didn't.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Our donor is visiting this weekend and according to my app I'm due to ovulate on Sunday so keeping my fingers crossed it works.

I had a strange experience the other day where I was lying in bed tossing and turning and I had a very strong thought that told me I would have a New Years Day baby. It told me the baby would be born at 8:32am and weight 6lb 3oz and be a dark haired girl. It sounds so crazy but it felt completely real and I was most definitely not asleep. Trying not to read into this crazy thought too much. Please don't think I'm totally crazy hahaha.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Does anyone know if the clock ‘resets’ after having a miscarriage when ttc? We have been ttc for 8 months now and had 2 miscarriages in that time.. I’m planning on going to the dr to try and push for tests if nothing happens in the next 3 months but just wondering if because I’ve ‘managed’ to get pregnant before albeit not a successful one, will they turn my request down until I’ve had no positive pregnancy tests for a whole year?

I'm planning to start ovulation tests this month (have bought a pack of ClearBlue digital advanced ones to hopefully make things simple) but my cycles recently have been 36 days+, the last one 39 days, so what day should I start testing?! I bought a pack of 20 which I was hoping would last me two months but I'm thinking with my long cycle they might only last one.

Does anyone know if the clock ‘resets’ after having a miscarriage when ttc? We have been ttc for 8 months now and had 2 miscarriages in that time.. I’m planning on going to the dr to try and push for tests if nothing happens in the next 3 months but just wondering if because I’ve ‘managed’ to get pregnant before albeit not a successful one, will they turn my request down until I’ve had no positive pregnancy tests for a whole year?
My doctor agreed to start the process…I came off my pill in January 2021 and had miscarriages in July and October and went to see her in February 2022. She said that she’d refer me because I’ve technically been trying for over a year and not had a successful pregnancy. Good Luck. 💕

• Heart
Reactions: 5
10dpo and I think we’ve finally hit the jackpot 😭

I had blood tests done and was told I wasn’t ovulating and have been referred to the fertility clinic to be tested for PCOS.

But I think this month is our month! Albeit very faintly and i’m not getting my hopes up too much!

(I’m so sorry, I don’t know how to hide the picture 😓)

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 16
10dpo and I think we’ve finally hit the jackpot 😭

I had blood tests done and was told I wasn’t ovulating and have been referred to the fertility clinic to be tested for PCOS.

But I think this month is our month! Albeit very faintly and i’m not getting my hopes up too much!

(I’m so sorry, I don’t know how to hide the picture 😓)
Update! Lines are more noticeable at 12dpo but still very very faint. I’m hoping I’ve just caught it very early and it isn’t a sign of something bad. However, I did get “Pregnant” on a CB digital yesterday so I’m taking it and running!

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Literally could kick myself the last few days. I've been tracking my ovulation because our donor is coming today and tomorrow but I keep forgetting to not drink for a few hours before I do the tests and they keep coming out all diluted.

I’m getting really frustrated this month - had some spotting on CD42 and 43, but then the last two days basically nothing. Had a negative pregnancy test on the day I thought my period was due (CD37). I think I’ll wait and see if my period starts properly by tomorrow and then will do another test first thing tomorrow if not.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Got a negative this morning too, at 10dpo. Think I'm out! Temps are high still but I have no hope left. Sigh.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Update: The lines didn’t progress and I’ve started spotting today, period also due today. So I think it was a chemical 👎🏻 That teaches me for testing early

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 9
Our donor visited on Saturday and Sunday and for the last 2 days my LH levels have been high. Really hoping it works this month.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Hey! My partner and I have decided that we'd like to start trying for a baby towards the end of this year. I am currently taking the mini pill and wondered how quickly everyone fell pregnant when they stopped taking their contraception? *I know it's different for everyone, but just wondering what everyone's experiences were!

• Heart
Reactions: 2
9dpo and my boobs have been so sore for 2 days. Tempted to test tomorrow morning but scared it could be nothing...
Also has anyone been trying for a long time (2 years for me) and considered stopping trying? It's getting to the point where I think maybe I should just let it be and accept the life I have. I don't know how to explain it. It would be sad but I feel like I have to move on at some point.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 7
Hey! My partner and I have decided that we'd like to start trying for a baby towards the end of this year. I am currently taking the mini pill and wondered how quickly everyone fell pregnant when they stopped taking their contraception? *I know it's different for everyone, but just wondering what everyone's experiences were!
How exciting! I was on the mini pill for nearly 10 years. It can take a while for your cycles to become regular again.
I fell pregnant with my first pregnancy 6 months after stopping taking it 😊
Good luck x

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.