TTC #5 peeing in pots and on hands

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So period a day late, negative pregnancy test even on the early ones. Do I console myself with wine or not? So cruel this journey sometimes

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I have this thought. My partners family have a birthday mid November, 2 birthdays at the start of December & mine start of January so want to avoid it. Then some days I sit and think at this point I just want a baby. It can come on on Christmas Day right in the middle of my dinner if it wants to now 😂🤣
You know Jan-Feb is my preferred time for a baby because Aquarius is my favourite star sign and I would love an Aquarian girl or boy baby (sorry if anyone doesnt believe in astrology but I do so it means something to me) and I was scared of having a scorpio baby if it was a boy so perhaps that was my karma for this past cycle 👿

But other than that and not keen on having a Christmas baby I don’t care and I will take a Christmas baby if that’s my chance. Humble brag but we aren’t strapped for cash so that’s not an issue but I just think of it for the child it’s not ideal or always special for them. But as loving parents we will all do what we can to make it special won’t we x

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
Hey everyone!
Been lurking on here for a looong time but this is my first post. This is our first cycle trying and one thing I was worried about is my susceptibility to getting UTI’s. We have DTD 4 times this window and I’ve woken up today with the worst UTI.

We both clean before, I pee before and then because there was so much conflicting advice I just lay down for 15-30 mins after and I’m now being punished for it. Normally I’m straight up and peeing/cleaning to prevent.

Has anyone else struggled with this and found something that works? I’m downing pints of water, not wearing underwear and have taken a cystitis sachet and two ibuprofen until I can call the doc tomorrow. I think the lying down for any length of time after is out for me 😫

Reactions: 1
Hey everyone!
Been lurking on here for a looong time but this is my first post. This is our first cycle trying and one thing I was worried about is my susceptibility to getting UTI’s. We have DTD 4 times this window and I’ve woken up today with the worst UTI.

We both clean before, I pee before and then because there was so much conflicting advice I just lay down for 15-30 mins after and I’m now being punished for it. Normally I’m straight up and peeing/cleaning to prevent.

Has anyone else struggled with this and found something that works? I’m downing pints of water, not wearing underwear and have taken a cystitis sachet and two ibuprofen until I can call the doc tomorrow. I think the lying down for any length of time after is out for me 😫
poor you, they are the absolute worst!! Unfortunately the only thing that helps me is antiobiotics so may be worth making a gp appt. Also to avoid the risk of it again I usually just pee again a few minutes after DTD. There really is no evidence that laying down helps (even though we all think surely it would increase our chances!) I just find it’s not worth doing anymore as I don’t want another UTI 😂

Reactions: 5
CBE1718B-1A39-486B-9516-F5756EB5522C.jpeg

I’m in shock as I had BFNs yesterday at 9dpo morning and afternoon and then by the end of the day my usual preAF spotting started a bit so I was convinced my period was coming. My temp shot up overnight so I thought I’d test and I finally got my BFP 😭 Everything crossed this one sticks 🤞🏻

• Heart
Reactions: 27

I’m in shock as I had BFNs yesterday at 9dpo morning and afternoon and then by the end of the day my usual preAF spotting started a bit so I was convinced my period was coming. My temp shot up overnight so I thought I’d test and I finally got my BFP 😭 Everything crossed this one sticks 🤞🏻
So pleased for you ❤❤🥰🥰 my fingers are crossed it’s a sticky baby!! Xx

• Heart
Reactions: 2

Congratulations! ♥♥♥♥

• Heart
Hi everyone new here! Been with my partner 5 years, we have a LG who's 15 months and on 4th month of TTC! Currently 6dpo. We conceived my wee girl first time we tried so feel like i've been trying forever !! We had a chemical in Dec/Jan. Ive been peeing and eating non stop for 3 days which Is so unlike me !

Reactions: 3

So happy for you! 🥰💖

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Hey everyone!

Poor you as well I used to suffer badly with this had a camera up to investigate why and they could never find anything. I actually became immune to antibiotics and now take a daily muscle relaxer for my bladder but I can tell you it does get better! the best advice I can give you is to wee after! Don’t worry about before just after honestly once I realised this changed my life (no exaggeration) to the point if I have just been to the toilet and my other half wants too I will them to wait (sorry if tmi) 🤣. But the best advice is cranberry tablets, can get these from Tesco, drink a lot especially when you think it might be the time but then after always and I mean always go the toilet after, within 10 minutes. If I go and can’t wee a lot then I will have a quick body shower. But I know now if I don’t go to the toilet immediately after I will get an infection! Touch wood I’ve gone from having one 3-4 times a month to once a year!

When does everyone start testing? I can normally hold out till 10dpo but might start at 8 this cycle ! Just because i havent stopped peeing, either that or I have a urine infection 😂😂😂

When does everyone start testing? I can normally hold out till 10dpo but might start at 8 this cycle ! Just because i havent stopped peeing, either that or I have a urine infection 😂😂😂
Do the cheap HCG strips pick anything up that early? Might work out quite expensive to use early detections (clearblue) from then?
I’m 7DPO today and going to wait until 12DPO, but as someone else said they didn’t get a positive until after their missed period!

Do the cheap HCG strips pick anything up that early? Might work out quite expensive to use early detections (clearblue) from then?
I’m 7DPO today and going to wait until 12DPO, but as someone else said they didn’t get a positive until after their missed period!
the times I have been pregnant ive got positive on cheapies 8dpo !

I hope you don't mind me asking but how long / how many cycles did it take to get your BFP?
I've lost track of how long it has been for me but its been definitely at least 6 months and I feel like its never going to happen so i get so fed up. but seeing BFP's on these threads gives me a slight bit of hope that maybe next time it willl be my turn

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Did anyone else get the symptom of constant trapped gas? Ive been like a yoyo today in the toilet. my stomach feels heavy and tingly down there if that makes any sense

Poor you as well I used to suffer badly with this had a camera up to investigate why and they could never find anything. I actually became immune to antibiotics and now take a daily muscle relaxer for my bladder but I can tell you it does get better! the best advice I can give you is to wee after! Don’t worry about before just after honestly once I realised this changed my life (no exaggeration) to the point if I have just been to the toilet and my other half wants too I will them to wait (sorry if tmi) 🤣. But the best advice is cranberry tablets, can get these from Tesco, drink a lot especially when you think it might be the time but then after always and I mean always go the toilet after, within 10 minutes. If I go and can’t wee a lot then I will have a quick body shower. But I know now if I don’t go to the toilet immediately after I will get an infection! Touch wood I’ve gone from having one 3-4 times a month to once a year!
Thanks so much for your advice although sorry you also have had to go through this! Pee straight after, cranberry tablets from Tesco and drink loads, I’m on it! Hopefully this works for me too as this could put a serious dampener on TTC!

I’ve been spotting for three days now, which feels like it’s probably too long for implantation bleeding. Just wish my period would hurry up and start properly if it’s going to come!

• Heart
I hope you don't mind me asking but how long / how many cycles did it take to get your BFP?
I've lost track of how long it has been for me but its been definitely at least 6 months and I feel like its never going to happen so i get so fed up. but seeing BFP's on these threads gives me a slight bit of hope that maybe next time it willl be my turn
6 cycles total with a miscarriage after conceiving on the 3rd cycle. I know the feeling, TTC is such a difficult and mentally draining journey. Don’t give up hope just yet, every cycle is a fresh chance and while it feels like such a long wait, 6 months is very much in normal range. I’m not a very patient person so I would aim to try something new each cycle which helped me feel like I was being as proactive as possible - this cycle I tried adding vitamin b6 and had two reflexology sessions which definitely made me feel less stressed. Sending you all the luck and baby dust.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
And AF has finally arrived, thank goodness for that. Weird long cycle in the end. Bodies are so confusing!

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.