TTC #5 peeing in pots and on hands

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Possible TMI talking about my sex life lol.

Is anyone else’s partner struggling when it comes to the fertile window? I’m in such a dilemma.. we are desperate for a baby and talk about it all the time but our sex lives have changed so much since ttc and especially since our miscarriages.. it feels like a task! My husband would always try and initiate things but in recent months there is none of that.. if I tell him I’m in my fertile window then he struggles to finish as he feels so under pressure.. but then if I don’t tell him, he’s not always keen to dtd! I feel like I cant win. Currently in bed feeling sorry for myself and he’s downstairs as we have had a little argument over it… 😫

• Heart
Reactions: 6

Is anyone else’s partner struggling when it comes to the fertile window? I’m in such a dilemma.. we are desperate for a baby and talk about it all the time but our sex lives have changed so much since ttc and especially since our miscarriages.. it feels like a task! My husband would always try and initiate things but in recent months there is none of that.. if I tell him I’m in my fertile window then he struggles to finish as he feels so under pressure.. but then if I don’t tell him, he’s not always keen to dtd! I feel like I cant win. Currently in bed feeling sorry for myself and he’s downstairs as we have had a little argument over it… 😫
My husband was feeling the pressure and last month took one of those little blue pills without telling me 🙈 took him forever and was actually our worst sex ever 😳 this month we talked about it and decided to try and be more romantic and take our time to enjoy the sex rather than just seeing it as a means to an end. Not sure if that’s helpful or even more TMI 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 2

In recent months I've been initiating it just before my fertile window so he doesn't feel the pressure and then just go for it the next few days. Makes him feel a bit less pressured, although on the most important day I was talking to him and said his 78 year old dad was having a dirty weekend away which was just about the worst thing I could have said as he struggled after putting the image in his head 😂😂😂 he was so angry with me...lol!

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I’ve tested this morning at 8DPO and it was negative.
I promised I wouldn’t test so early but my health has took a turn and I’ve been given codeine and strong anti inflammatorys. The anti inflammatorys can effect fertility but what’s the point of not taking them when it meant I couldn’t move or walk yesterday.

Anyway, I tested this morning just to see if I was okay to take my tablets.

My MH has taken a beating this past week

• Heart
Reactions: 7
In recent months I've been initiating it just before my fertile window so he doesn't feel the pressure and then just go for it the next few days. Makes him feel a bit less pressured, although on the most important day I was talking to him and said his 78 year old dad was having a dirty weekend away which was just about the worst thing I could have said as he struggled after putting the image in his head 😂😂😂 he was so angry with me...lol!
I just don’t really mention it to him which might not be helpful for some but I don’t put the pressure on for sex when it’s time so it’s more natural.
To be honest, I don’t really get involved with chats with him about trying at all because I think it mostly goes over his head. Yesterday I got a bit teary and said I’m scared we might not get pregnant naturally but that’s the first time I’ve ever said something like that to him.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
8 months since my last miscarriage we seem to have got somewhere, its very faint at the moment but hopefully over next few days gets stronger. Hope it doesn't upset anyone. I just wanted to give a bit of hope to those who need it...I dont know that this one will stick. I pray it does,we're 20 months into ttc baby #2 with 2 miscarriages. Hopefully my body can do it this time. Sending you all lots of love xxx

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 29
8 months since my last miscarriage we seem to have got somewhere, its very faint at the moment but hopefully over next few days gets stronger. Hope it doesn't upset anyone. I just wanted to give a bit of hope to those who need it...I dont know that this one will stick. I pray it does,we're 20 months into ttc baby #2 with 2 miscarriages. Hopefully my body can do it this time. Sending you all lots of love xxx
Yay I’m so happy for you. Sending positive vibes your way that this is a sticky baby ❤

• Heart
I’m 2 days away from AF and today Im noticing very mild (period-like) cramps, lower back-ache and a few spots of old blood in my knickers and I just have a horrible feeling, that I’m now out for this month.

I’ve seen so many lovely positive comments on here lately but I’m struggling today not to feel disheartened. This will be my 7th cycle after my loss.

My patience with this TTC journey is draining me and I just feel like it’s never going to happen; along with the added pressures women face of getting older and ‘running out of time.’

I feel alone in my friendship groups – all my friends have atleast 1 child and those with 1 are now talking about trying for their 2nd – I feel like I’m struggling to catch up. Why does everyone else make it look so easy?

Sorry for the slight rant, I just feel I needed to vent here and hope you dont mind 😔

I’m tired of all this peeing in pots and tracking ovulation and making sure we do the deed on the right days, obsessing if we’ve done enough and then analysing every symptom and waiting patiently for the 2 week window to end….

I’m so fricken tired of it all.... Love and Baby Dust to all of us.....♥

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I’m 2 days away from AF and today Im noticing very mild (period-like) cramps, lower back-ache and a few spots of old blood in my knickers and I just have a horrible feeling, that I’m now out for this month.

I’ve seen so many lovely positive comments on here lately but I’m struggling today not to feel disheartened. This will be my 7th cycle after my loss.

My patience with this TTC journey is draining me and I just feel like it’s never going to happen; along with the added pressures women face of getting older and ‘running out of time.’

I feel alone in my friendship groups – all my friends have atleast 1 child and those with 1 are now talking about trying for their 2nd – I feel like I’m struggling to catch up. Why does everyone else make it look so easy?

Sorry for the slight rant, I just feel I needed to vent here and hope you dont mind 😔

I’m tired of all this peeing in pots and tracking ovulation and making sure we do the deed on the right days, obsessing if we’ve done enough and then analysing every symptom and waiting patiently for the 2 week window to end….

I feel like I could have written this today. It’s so so lonely…sending so much love, strength and hope to you. ❤

Reactions: 6

I'm so over being told I'm running out of time. I'm 36, so yes not in prime baby making age but not menopausal yet!!! Plenty of women have babies in early 40s but everyone seems fixated me running out of time.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I'm so over being told I'm running out of time. I'm 36, so yes not in prime baby making age but not menopausal yet!!! Plenty of women have babies in early 40s but everyone seems fixated me running out of time.
My mum keeps saying this to me and I’ve only just turned 30🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️

What do we think the benefits/downfalls of OPKs are? We’re thinking of not using them this month - we have sex every day but my partner felt the pressure this month when he knew it was my fertile time. I like using them because it reassures me that my body is doing what it should be, but I don’t want to make him feel worse!

Currently on CD20, don’t think we’ve got caught this cycle.

AF showed up 2 days late, bled for a day and F’d off again. Thinking it’s maybe the Proceive, puts things out of whack for a bit like pregnacare.

What do we think the benefits/downfalls of OPKs are? We’re thinking of not using them this month - we have sex every day but my partner felt the pressure this month when he knew it was my fertile time. I like using them because it reassures me that my body is doing what it should be, but I don’t want to make him feel worse!

I think they have their benefits but they get a bit obsessive, I wish I never started with them tbh.

• Sad
Reactions: 1
I can’t believe it’s been nearly 12 weeks since I’ve come off contraception, AF hasn’t arrived and no BFP. Ive been told I can ring the doctors for a blood test to see if there’s any underlying conditions, so I think I’m going to do that next week. Just feel like my body is not doing what it’s supposed to and it’s my fault for being on contraception for so long. Sorry for the rant, just needed to get it out my system

• Heart
Reactions: 3

I found them way too stressful, I actually think that’s why my cycle was 5 days longer than usual as I was so stressed by using the OPKs. I’ve gone back to tracking CM and just dtd every 2 days and temping so I know when I’ve ovulated and it’s done my mental health wonders this month!

I can’t believe it’s been nearly 12 weeks since I’ve come off contraception, AF hasn’t arrived and no BFP. Ive been told I can ring the doctors for a blood test to see if there’s any underlying conditions, so I think I’m going to do that next week. Just feel like my body is not doing what it’s supposed to and it’s my fault for being on contraception for so long. Sorry for the rant, just needed to get it out my system
my gynae told me if it doesn’t come back in 6 weeks to see a dr and get it checked out so may be worth investigating a little! ❤

It’s not your fault at all my period didn’t come for just over 3 months after I came off. It was just over 14 weeks till I got my first one I remember it felt like forever. Quite a few of my friends this happened to as well who are all as really regular now. They say depending what type of contraception you were on they say it can take up to 6 months to return to normal. I did call my GP at 3 months but she told me to wait 6 months then she would happily refer me but I guess every doctor has a slightly different approach so worth a call

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.