Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
I think clarity is missing from any of this TTC business because aside from the basics (which even then are disputed) everyone is different. Looking up symptoms doesn’t help much because they’re quite vague and a lot of symptoms can also be the same as if your period is coming on.

If all of these combined things are unusual for you I guess it could be a sign. But you may also be hyper alert for symptoms this month and recording every little thing whereas you haven’t other months. I’ve only felt ‘optimistic’ twice from symptoms and both times were BFNs. How many DPO are you now? Perhaps just test?
I would say this is unusual for me but sod’s law AF will drop on me and it’ll feel like I was just on hyper alert 🙃 I’m 12DPO now, AF is due on the weekend- I kinda want to test because at least then it’s not just me ‘feeling’ but not sure if it’s too early to get a clear indication if that makes sense?

Neo2021

VIP Member
I’m not sure if you can ovulate with low levels, but sometimes I think you can miss your peak as it may appear in the morning but be gone by late afternoon for example. I’d keep testing maybe your peak is yet to come?

Yep mine are all over the place every month. Last cycle I even got two peaks a few days apart so that was a head wreck.
Thank you. I’ll keep testing x

Motherofpugs

Chatty Member
*TW* (sorry new this and don’t know how to hide the image )
Further to my post earlier in the week, still not been feeling right (early MC on 9th Dec, no period yet but have tested negative since) . Tested this evening, what do you make of this result? Faint line or evap? Thank you x
That looks like a positive to me. Can you do a FRER? Should show up pretty clear on that.

Hi everyone, sorry I’ve tried to Google and I’m not getting much in the way of clarity 🤣 I decided not to use OPK this month or do any tracking - almost have a clean month - but I still had similar symptoms around ovulation. 9/10DPO I had light pink spotting, next day I had some brown spotting, and now today it’s been close to normal (just a slightly darker than any other time in my cycle, as if I’m dehydrated) when I wipe after having a wee. I feel so bloody tired lol but my sides were hurting 9/10DPO and I feel a little nauseous today too. Am I making it up or should I be hopeful??? I don’t want to test yet but I also don’t want to say ‘oh it could be’ when it doesn’t sound like it 😂😂 sorry I don’t mean to bother anyone

Neo2021

VIP Member
Hi Neo, I’ve thinking about you ever since I read your post on the pregnancy thread. I hope you are as okay as you can be and sending you lots of love 🤍

I believe they say to wait for a cycle before trying but I think that’s only to help with dates if you did fall pregnant again. We started trying again after my mc just as soon as I felt ready.
Thank you ❤ We’re okay. Just taking one day at a time. But I think my brain just needs to know what’s going on down there.

Can you get pregnant if you still are testing positive on a pregnancy test? (I don’t know if this is a stupid question) I’m not pregnant but I still have raised HCG.

Alexaj

VIP Member
Hi all, I am looking to start TTC journey aged 37. Had the implant since I was 16 y/o. Don't have any children although my OH has one from a previous relationship.

I know it is quite late compared to others but I have finally decided that I want and am in a position to have a child. I hope I am lucky enough one day to carry my own.

I had planned on getting the implant out in the new year and starting fresh but after reading difficulties on this thread I am wondering if I should bite the bullet and make a Dr's appointment ASAP?

My OH and I spoke about trying for a child in the next year or so but given my age, I want to be more realistic about how easy if at all I can have a successful pregnancy and I am worried about keeping the implant in too long and missing the opportunity.
My difficulty wasn't conceiving after having it taken out (it took about a month or so for my periods to get back to normal) it was getting the implant out to begin with. That took about 3 months because they jammed it so far into my arm they were having difficulty retrieving. I even had a private appointment who said I would need an op to remove (I didn't - just persisted with GPs/various walk in clinics until I struck lucky). But if it feels near the surface I'm sure it's fine!

Daisydunn15

VIP Member
5dpo today and finding this 2ww much easier. I'm still checking my app daily just to make sure the days are moving forwards 😂 but after last months chemical I've got much more of a 'what will be will be' mindset for now.

Vivian124

VIP Member
It’s so difficult isn’t it! You want to stay healthy and have the vaccines but you also want a family 🥺

false alarm guys! I got my peak this morning on my digital and my strips are getting darker 🥳 only 3 days later than normal but better late than never 🤣
Wouldn't you be withered from the opks!! They aren't cheap either!

roseP21

App can be good for tracking IF they are correct, but if you really want to to pinpoint your ovulation day it's better to use ovulations tests. I went by Flo for a a month or 2, but I actually ovulate 2 days later than the app was telling me
I just said to my other half we need to use ovulation sticks next month!!! Looking at the clear blue digital one! X

If you peaked Friday and DTD Friday and Saturday isn't that not slap bang the right time to conceive?

The easy at home opks......i still cannot get my head around that they will determine your highs or peaks based on a photo of a test, everyone has different phones, different lighting and so on, how accurate can it be? What's the best way to enter the test results? Do you take the photo automatically? Enter manually?
I get dark enough lines and the app says it's low, drives me bloody mad, i end up taking a photo of the test 4 different ways for the app to recognise it's not low!!?? Ive even stopped entering the results on the app and just judge the colour of the line myself but am i wrong??
I read that the best days are the two days prior to ovulation! Hence why we did on Friday and Saturday expecting to ovulate on Sunday. I guess it’s just a wait and see and see how my temperature goes over the coming days! X

Heyguysswipeup

VIP Member
I’m having a mind fart and need to ask a stupid question 😂
Is the 7th day classed as a new week in pregnancy? Like would you be 23+7 or would it be 24? Please don’t judge my maths and wonder if I have the skills to be a parent 😂😂😂

CNK

Hi there,

We are going through Dr Mocanu who is based in the Rotunda private clinic - he refers to First IVF in Clane for egg collection and transplany, but does all his scan appointments etc in the Rotunda. We have found him very good, albeit forthright, but sometimes that is what you need in these situations.

I have been hearing that almost all clinics in Ireland are stretched due to the amount of people coming forward for treatment, and wait times are really really long.
Thanks for that, will look them up x

Kaybethkay

VIP Member
Anyone know anything about bbt? I haven’t done it before so bought a OvuSense for this month which I’m still waiting to arrive. To confirm ovulation is it a dip and then 3 consecutive higher temps after?

Honeybeetea

Someone please remind me that 5PO is far too early to test or have symptoms? 🤣

not feeling overly hopeful this month, I didn’t track and just DTD as much as we could be bothered but I just don’t feel like this month is the month 😞

how’s everyone doing? x

Vivian124

VIP Member
I've been struggling with the pre-mom strips over the last month or so. Basically it says I haven't ovulated. Even though I can feel I have. Or my "peak" isn't high enough. Luckily we've decided to take a step back due to illness and Christmas just being generally crazy but it is starting to get me down that all of a sudden I'm not ovulating
How high does it have to be to get peak? I don't understand the numbers?

WeepingCassandra

VIP Member
Hi, just popping my head in to let some of the neuroticism out if that’s ok 😂

Growing up I always knew I wanted kids and ideally wanted them by the time I was 28 - well I’m a few years past that now and only just married so have let go of the ideas of being in my late 40s when the kids pack off for uni etc. 😂

OH and I have booked a honeymoon for early spring to a place that has active Zika cases and I have a major event in early June that is not pregnancy compatible (due to the training, effort of the event itself, and selfishly due to my goals for it). So we’re thinking let’s start trying around July time (as this would be outside of the window for Zika to be a risk I believe) but my concerns are that it would then take some time to conceive at this point.

I am not going to lie, sex isn’t high on my priority list and I struggle with my drive so I feel like I need to be aware of what other things I can do to maximise our chances - nothing to do with my husband, just never really been into it 😐 (I think I’m probably asexual tbh). Other than stopping contraception, do you do anything else?! I feel like a kid asking but honestly, when you’re not that fussed with getting it on you tend not to read into these things 😂

CinnamonBun

Chatty Member
Unfortunately OH has been told he has less than 1% healthy sperm. We are devastated. We don’t have any other details other than that at the moment but he will have an ultrasound to rule out blockage.
My period also came today. It felt like a big ‘fuck you’!
Sorry that it wasn’t better news for you lovely. Sending love ❤.