Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
Hey 👋🏼 I’m sorry to read that you’ve suffered with your ex, although glad to hear that you’re out of it and in a healthy relationship now 😊

You have absolutely no reason to feel like a fraud or feel guilty, everyone is welcome here, whether you have kids already or not the journey can be just as difficult 🤍 it sounds to me like you’re already a great, strong mum just by getting yourself and your son out of a horrendous situation. Please always feel free to let out your feelings here - it’s a great anonymous soundboard with people that get you 😊 xx
Thank you I didn’t really expect anybody to reply to it. Just need to get it out of my head. I don’t think it helps that after I found the courage to leave my ex. I carried on as normal and then everything hit me and I ended up with PTSD, anxiety and depression. I worry about a lot of things now when back then I ignored so much. Because there is no apparent medical reason why it won’t happen I get in my head it’s what I deserve for being so stupid to everything going on in my life.
Wishing luck to everyone trying 🙂

Motherofpugs

Chatty Member
Sorry if this is a stupid question but SMEP is just basically DTD around ovulation time yeah? I've Googled it and dunno why there is like a big name for it when it's just common sense no?
You’re supposed to start DTD CD8 and then every other day until you get your positive OPK. Then that day and the next two, then day off and one more for good luck 😂 I’m giving it a go this month for the first time but my husband doesn’t have a clue what he’s in for.

Lola UK

VIP Member
I like when people are (early) pregnant and have no symptoms! It makes me less crazy symptom spotting 🤣

I started using opks on my day of predicted ovulation (why that day I don’t know🙄) and it’s been low low low for 6 days! I either ovulated early, not at all, or it’s a week late! I’ve had more cm the last couple of days so I have no idea. I was going off premom and DTD a few days before predicted ovu and day of ovu but I don’t even know if I did ovulate 🤦🏼‍♀️

No reason for this ramble! AF due 2nd Jan, that’ll be a lovely start to 2022 🤦🏼‍♀️🙈

Motherofpugs

Chatty Member
I saw an advert the other day for new Clearblue Digital ‘Early’ tests, don’t know if anyone has tried or seen these? They say they can be used before your period is late.

PunkRocker

VIP Member
I recently attended Gynae after 1 year TTC, I came off the pill (Yasmin) in 2020 & he told me to take 6 months off my “trying time” as it messes with your cycle so much. I don’t know if that helps any but I wish someone had told me that before I went back on it after I had my first baby as I would’ve chose a diff contraceptive hd I known. Sending hugs as it’s a difficult and frustrating time. ❤
That's interesting, thank you. I was most recently on Triregol but I think I've taken every pill in existence at some point or another, my doctor seemed to be constantly changing my prescription!
I originally stopped taking my pill in June 2021 as that's when we legally got married with a blessing and reception planned for September. So I stopped taking it to get a headstart on getting it out of my system. But my cycle ended up being all over the place and I didn't want to risk having a period during the wedding or honeymoon so I went back on it for a couple of months. I suppose that faff wasn't advisable. But strangely enough, my cycles have been pretty regular since stopping the second time ❤

JLXRD

VIP Member
Hi, just popping my head in to let some of the neuroticism out if that’s ok 😂

Growing up I always knew I wanted kids and ideally wanted them by the time I was 28 - well I’m a few years past that now and only just married so have let go of the ideas of being in my late 40s when the kids pack off for uni etc. 😂

OH and I have booked a honeymoon for early spring to a place that has active Zika cases and I have a major event in early June that is not pregnancy compatible (due to the training, effort of the event itself, and selfishly due to my goals for it). So we’re thinking let’s start trying around July time (as this would be outside of the window for Zika to be a risk I believe) but my concerns are that it would then take some time to conceive at this point.

I am not going to lie, sex isn’t high on my priority list and I struggle with my drive so I feel like I need to be aware of what other things I can do to maximise our chances - nothing to do with my husband, just never really been into it 😐 (I think I’m probably asexual tbh). Other than stopping contraception, do you do anything else?! I feel like a kid asking but honestly, when you’re not that fussed with getting it on you tend not to read into these things 😂
Welcome 👋

I am also (most of the time) not that fussed and the best thing to do if you want the highest chance of conceiving with the least amount of actual sex (sounds awful to say but sometimes we all cba so let’s say it like it is!) is to get ovulation tests. They will help you pin point when you ovulate, they turn positive 48-12 hours before you ovulate and you can only get pregnant on the 5 days and day of ovulation so sex outside of these days is pretty pointless for baby making.

Alternatively if (like me) your ovulation moves around, I would recommend looking up Sperm meets egg plan and following that.

Wait until you feel ready and good luck! But I would stop taking your pill and use condoms for a bit before you want to try properly, as can take a while for your hormones to settle.

Gossipgirl79

Hi all, I’ve had two losses last year and I was lucky enough both times I fell pregnant not be “trying.” Last month was my first month having a period after the last miscarriage and I naively thought it “might just happen” again. Got my period today so not pregnant and want to start tracking my ovulation properly. I’ve bought strip tests from Amazon. Are these accurate enough? Or should I go for the clearblue smiley face thingy too? Is there any difference? Thanks so much for any advice lovely ladies. 💕

GlennCoco

VIP Member
I have no idea what is happening this month. Last month I had my "peak" on CD16 so I started testing this month on CD11 but I've not really had anything that you could class as "peak" and I'm on CD22 🤷🏻‍♀️ I'm ill as well so I hope it doesn't come for a few more days yet coz there is no way we'll be DTD whilst I feel like this 😂

Ginge912

Evening, ❤
Currently 8DPO and dying to test even though I know it wouldn’t show anything yet!! What’s the earliest you guys test??

Feeling super bloated and a little bit crampy so far. Fingers crossed for us all this cycle with extra baby dust!!!

cecedoon1

Chatty Member
Yeah the pink one doesn't have the flashy face option it's either ovulating or not. But I'm baffled how i can be peak ovulation on one test and not on another 🙄
Oh this happened me I think. Is it the first time you tested with the pink reader? If so it comes up as low fertility cus it’s the first day. Messed me up on a whole cycle once.

cecedoon1

Chatty Member
I’m only 10DPO & Premom is not helping me!! I am convinced AF will come today though as I was yday. I’m like an antichrist. Can’t be distracted at all. Can’t handle the disappointment of another BFN. Had huge row with husband last night over sex as I was too anxious to even attempt it. He in turn is fed up only DTD at “ovulation time”. Feel so bad now as a result.
thinking of you all in the TWW, it really sucks.

Attachments

Shellym

Anyone in Ireland here that has a good or bad experience of a fertility clinic? I can't hack any more months of trying our hardest and nothing happening so going for IUI and just wondering if anyone has any recommendations in the Dublin or surrounding area?

Have done all my tests through first IVF in Clane, just found them a bit useless for following up so then went a got a second opinion in Waterstones in Dublin. Place is like a 5 star hotel, 200 odd euro for 10 mins to be told again its just unexplained infertility and a shrug of the shoulders.

Just want to go somewhere where I get treated like they actually care, health insurance doesn't cover any fertility treatment so lot of money and don't want to feel like I am handing over thousands to someone who doesn't give a shite whether its successful or not
Hi there,

We are going through Dr Mocanu who is based in the Rotunda private clinic - he refers to First IVF in Clane for egg collection and transplany, but does all his scan appointments etc in the Rotunda. We have found him very good, albeit forthright, but sometimes that is what you need in these situations.

I have been hearing that almost all clinics in Ireland are stretched due to the amount of people coming forward for treatment, and wait times are really really long.

ProphecyGirl

VIP Member
I'm,14 DPO. Two days late (according to Femometer , which is usually spot on)

How long would you guys normally wait to do a test?

justnosy

II'll be 9DPO tomorrow (based on ovulation the day after static smiley/peak). I'll be CD25 and AF is due on CD29. Would that realistically be too early to test?

I've got some ClearBlue Digital Ultra Early tests which say you can use them from 6 days before your missed period/5 days before expected period, but when I used the 'when can I test' calculator on the CB website and put in date of last AF, the fact that I usually have 29 day cycles and the date of my static smiley peak, for some reason it says that Wednesday (CD27) would be the earliest I could test.

I'm not sure how sensitive the CB digital ultra early are compared to FRER?

Trying to keep busy but this week seems to be going by so slowly!

JLXRD

VIP Member
Hello everyone, I have a question!

If you have an LH peak, does that mean you're guaranteed to ovulate or can you have an LH peak without ovulating??
Hey fish sticks, you can indeed peak without ovulating - the best way to confirm ovulation has happened is through temping as your temp rise confirms you have indeed ovulated.

Particularly with PCOS, some will see multiple peaks before they ovulate x

fluffybaffling

I’m on CD33 - not been temping as was giving myself a break from going mad, so I don’t know if I have ovulated or not this month so far. I have PCOS so periods are crazy irregular but never this long apart, usually 31 days max (I bleed too much with pcos rather than absent periods) BFN and no sign of AF! So bloody annoying!!!! 😡 I did have a colposcopy towards the end of November then a bleed after that as I had to take something to stop my 4 week long bleed! wonder if that’s connected. Who knows! But January is 12 months of TTC so doctors soon to hopefully get the ball rolling for clomid or whatever I need!