TTC #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thanks everyone for your replies! I got a digital test and it says pregnant 1-2 weeks although the date of my last period was beginning of June! I’m in shock to be honest! Thank you again💖
Congratulations 🎊 ooooh, I'm so excited!!! ❤

Hey everyone. Long time no speak. Hope you are all doing ok - I’m still here lurking a few months on 😬 I’m not sure if any of you have felt like this, but I’m struggling a bit with future planning.
Feel like I can’t make plans because if I plan something around potentially getting pregnant, I will jinx it and it won’t happen. Not sure if that even makes sense. I’m such a control freak - like my childless friends are talking about a booking piss-up holiday for next year - I’d rather be pregnant and miss it , but if it doesn’t happen for us by then, will I be kicking myself for not going? Or if I don’t go and then I’m still not pregnant is it because I jinxed myself by assuming I would be?

I think the way I’m feeling is also super selfish and shallow but I just can’t help it 😞 hoping someone will understand

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Hey everyone. Long time no speak. Hope you are all doing ok - I’m still here lurking a few months on 😬 I’m not sure if any of you have felt like this, but I’m struggling a bit with future planning.
Feel like I can’t make plans because if I plan something around potentially getting pregnant, I will jinx it and it won’t happen. Not sure if that even makes sense. I’m such a control freak - like my childless friends are talking about a booking piss-up holiday for next year - I’d rather be pregnant and miss it , but if it doesn’t happen for us by then, will I be kicking myself for not going? Or if I don’t go and then I’m still not pregnant is it because I jinxed myself by assuming I would be?

I think the way I’m feeling is also super selfish and shallow but I just can’t help it 😞 hoping someone will understand
I 100% understand, I have so many things I’m not sure if I should book or say yes to just in case.

But as of this cycle I’m trying to drop that and just say yes and book the things - I don’t want to feel like I’m making TTC my whole life even though I would rather be pregnant than do any of those things.

I think book it - you need to live your life in the meantime. You are more than just a lady trying to get pregnant and your happiness is important outside of that xxx

• Heart
Reactions: 5

Completely get where you’re coming from! We decided that once I got pregnant, I’d quit my job and work my 3 months notice. I feel like I completely jinxed it as by now I expected to have left. 🤦🏻‍♀️🥲.

• Heart
Reactions: 1

I'm even worse, I lost a job I absolutely loved and then refused to get a new one - I didn't want someone to hire me, only to turn around and quit a few months later. I have no family help, so would really struggle. So I spent 3 whole years doing crappy temping jobs that I hated 🤣🤣🤣 nearly didn't go to Australia "in case I might be pregnant by then" my dithering added another £100 to our tickers 🙈🙈🙈

I'm kinda grateful to corona this time around 🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 2
5dpo today and just feel like I know I’m not going to be pregnant this month. The way I have both previous cycles.

Do you guys get this? I’m only on cycle 3 ttc but I just keep having the feeling it’s not going to happen for us. I don’t know if I’m just not allowing myself hope because I don’t want to feel the disappointment, but then I also have a weird worry about pessimism affecting my chances due to stress or something.

Anyone else have a continuous sense of doom? Did anyone have it but go on to conceive? I know I’m not psychic haha, but also I just don’t feel it’s normal to be this pessimistic 🥺
I'm also now on cycle 3 and I feel the exact same. I was so naive and thought it would just happen and when it did I was so shocked... Then I miscarried at what would've been 5+4. I don't trust my body now. I feel like it's failed me.

Now I'm worried its just not going to happen on its on. Don't even think the sperm sniffed my egg this month let alone touch it.

Makes me feel a little better that someone feels the same! X

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 3
Thank you all so much for your replies! It really means a lot, I don’t feel stupid any more and it’s so so nice to know you all understand. My mind is blown that there are people who get pregnant quickly and never have to consider all these things 😆 so glad to have you all to talk to xx

• Heart
May be joining you ladies here soon. My son is almost 19 months so from next cycle we are supposed to be NTNP/TTC our second. I am so much more nervous and scared this time around. The world is crazy. I’m not sure how I’ll manage with two. My son will have to share me 😭 etc It took us 3 months of TTC to conceive our son and we are much more tired now then we were then 😂 so I’m not expecting it to happen straight away. We know that a 2.5-3 year age gap is our ideal so we need to bite the bullet and get on with it. Aaaaah

• Heart
Reactions: 4
CD14 and still no smiley faces on my OPKs. I convince myself everytime that a flashy smiley will come up and it’s just that annoying bloody circle. Previously had my peak by now so I don’t know what’s going on

hope you’re all okay! 🤍

• Heart
CD14 and still no smiley faces on my OPKs. I convince myself everytime that a flashy smiley will come up and it’s just that annoying bloody circle. Previously had my peak by now so I don’t know what’s going on

hope you’re all okay! 🤍
Hope you get a flashy face in the next few days, or you could go straight to a solid face, I know that happens for some people.

My dates move around loads so I know how you feel. I actually think waiting to ovulate when you have no idea when it will happen is harder than the 2ww, at least you know where you are in the 2ww!

• Heart
Reactions: 3

I've been lurking too! It's difficult, my cousin who was going through fertility treatment like me has fallen pregnant, I haven't.

I was in the exact same boat, i'm not too sure what happened but I suddenly realised I couldn't keep planning my life for something that *might* happen. When would it end? Could I say no to a wedding in 2 years time in case I might be pregnant/due? (it's abroad). I just decided to say yes to everything and if i'm lucky enough to be pregnant by then, I will deal with it then.

Hope you're ok x

• Heart
Well I'm out this time 😢 I'm allowing myself one day to sulk, then we move on to month 5.

I had considered missing this month, because if we're successful we could end up with 2 kids with birthdays in the same month, but if we don't try I'll always wonder if we would have managed it.

• Heart
  • Sad
I’m still here, still not pregnant!

im also just living my life, and not stopping plans. I can’t live like that! I say yes to everything now, hens/weddings etc

if I’m lucky enough to be pregnant then I will deal with it. I think it’s more depressing to say no, then the date comes around and still no pregnancy! Get in all the fun/ drunk/ crazy times before a baby 🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 12
6dpo and have started the symptom spotting , I swear up until about 6/7dpo I am chilled and then I suddenly go nuts and analysing every tiny thing.

The only difference I’m noticing this month is that my boobs are not hurting, which is nice because I seem to use this as the main thing to convince myself I might be pregnant the last 2 months. But now I’m like omg my boobs aren’t hurting …I must be pregnant.

Basically whatever happens, I will convince myself I might be pregnant whilst deep down knowing I’m not and thinking I never will be. All the emotions.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Basically whatever happens, I will convince myself I might be pregnant whilst deep down knowing I’m not and thinking I never will be. All the emotions.
Hang on in there it’s early days and you’re not out until AF shows her ugly head! 🤍 it’s so tiring wanting something so much that it consumes every thought isn’t it. One month it will be our month 🤞🏼 ✨

Having a down day today, premom reckons it’s ovulation day - I know the painful TWW is coming and I’m just tired 😔 x

• Heart
Reactions: 2
6dpo and have started the symptom spotting , I swear up until about 6/7dpo I am chilled and then I suddenly go nuts and analysing every tiny thing.

The only difference I’m noticing this month is that my boobs are not hurting, which is nice because I seem to use this as the main thing to convince myself I might be pregnant the last 2 months. But now I’m like omg my boobs aren’t hurting …I must be pregnant.

Today my husband was a major asshole who doesn't have the right to breathe (noisily) so I'm taking that as a sign I'm NOT pregnant 🤣🤣🤣

hope you’re all okay! 🤍
I'm day 15 and was shocked when I ovulated on day 8, the day I started testing!!! Hope you haven't missed out too! We only DTD once on day 8, hubby had an exam and I had a cough, so really no hope for us this month and I'm seriously considering giving up, I think I have one more month to go before I'm giving birth aged 43 😬😬😬🙈

I'm day 15 and was shocked when I ovulated on day 8, the day I started testing!!! Hope you haven't missed out too! We only DTD once on day 8, hubby had an exam and I had a cough, so really no hope for us this month and I'm seriously considering giving up, I think I have one more month to go before I'm giving birth aged 43 😬😬😬🙈
I got a flashy face today!!! Let’s go (looks like my thirst on the Mason Mount thread may come in useful after all)! 🤭🤭

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Hi everyone, just catching up on the thread as I’m new here 👋🏼

just wanted to get some advice if you don’t mind, can anyone see a second line here? I’ve just taken a test as I have no signs but I just don’t feel RIGHT. can’t put my finger on it but hoping you ladies will know what I mean!!

I don’t think there is a line but there more I stare the more I wonder if I can see one? I’m probably going mad. My partner is out, I did WhatsApp him but I’m getting impatient

EDIT: Okay the more I look there is clearly nothing there. Sorry I feel silly now

Attachments

just wanted to get some advice if you don’t mind, can anyone see a second line here? I’ve just taken a test as I have no signs but I just don’t feel RIGHT. can’t put my finger on it but hoping you ladies will know what I mean!!

I don’t think there is a line but there more I stare the more I wonder if I can see one? I’m probably going mad. My partner is out, I did WhatsApp him but I’m getting impatient

EDIT: Okay the more I look there is clearly nothing there. Sorry I feel silly now
I can’t see a line from the photos, how many days late are you? Is that with first morning urine? I’ve Never used boots test before so I don’t know how sensitive they are.

I'd say there might be something on the last photo. I think you'll have to try again in the morning or the following day to see if you get a clearer result.

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.