TTC #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Is this really a thing? I'm wanting to come home so I was thinking of having the Janssen vaccine this week, get it over and done with. If they ask me if I'm pregnant, I'll have to lie, there's no way they will give it to someone who answers "I don't know".
But at 42, I can't afford to wait 8 weeks between shots, I can't afford to have dodgy periods or a messed up cycle. I'm seriously running out of time.
I don't really want the vaccine, but my lungs are quite weak (nothing medical, I'm just a bit pathetic about fighting off a cold) so I really should have a vaccine because I'll be even weaker pregnant 😩😩😩😩
Honestly I’m not a medical professional or anything so I can’t tell you anything scientific sorry; most of my friends had heavier/more painful period after each vaccine, one friend had their period early after the first dose but was regular after the second and then I hadn’t had a period in 6 months but spotted between the vaccines and came on a proper period a few days after the second dose.

Did anybody else find that their period was slightly different after the vaccine?

Reactions: 1
I’m not TTC, and you girls may have looked into this, but I swear by the SMEP.
I’m on my second month of doing this plan (just finished the 3 days). Obviously didn’t work for us the first month but I’m hoping this month it will have 🤞🏻

• Heart
Reactions: 3
AF is here. CD1.. Let's do this.. Again. 😔 I was hopeful after reading positive stories about people getting pregnant the cycle after their chemical pregnancy. Maybe my body just wasn't ready. In my head I'm still grieving.

Naively went into ttc by thinking 'id love a march baby' and my husband always said he didn't want a child too late in the school year so July/August. Now we just don't care as long as we can conceive a happy and healthy baby. (although being heavily pregnant in summer doesn't sound too great. My friend is 8 months and she's struggling so bad with the heat!)

Hoping my cycle will be back to its normal 29 days this cycle. It's been a long 37 days this cycle after ovulating later than usual.

Plan of attack after AF. Test for ovulation. Don't Google anything until at least 12dpo. Don't test until 12dpo. Don't get my hopes. Have sex lots. Try and lose some more weight. No pressure. 🤣
Sorry af came hun xx

• Heart
Honestly I’m not a medical professional or anything so I can’t tell you anything scientific sorry; most of my friends had heavier/more painful period after each vaccine, one friend had their period early after the first dose but was regular after the second and then I hadn’t had a period in 6 months but spotted between the vaccines and came on a proper period a few days after the second dose.

Did anybody else find that their period was slightly different after the vaccine?
Yep. I’m normally as routine as anything but after first jab it was heavier, month inbetween it was late (that was hard negative because I’m never late so we had really got our hopes up) and then this month after vaccine it lasted a few days longer than normal so all over the place! Hoping now I’m fully vaxxed it will be back to normal next month 🤞🏼

Edit -Not looking to start a vaccine pro or con here while TTC.. there are other threads for that. I’m pro choice. My grandad is very poorly so need to ensure I’m protecting him to see him. Please don’t come at me 🙈

Last edited:

I’m waiting for my period after my first vaccine, it’s a day late and I know it’s just going to get my hopes up. 😔

• Sad
Reactions: 2
I don't live in England specifically, I live on a small island and my doctor actually advised me not to have the vaccine if ttc and that was around March time. They didn't specifically say why other than I'm not in a high risk age category.

They said my husband should so at least there's some protection in the household. Luckily we haven't had covid although it is on the rise here, but I found it interesting that I was advised against it.

I’m on my second month of doing this plan (just finished the 3 days). Obviously didn’t work for us the first month but I’m hoping this month it will have 🤞🏻
Not even heard of this before! Going to give it a go this month. Thanks!
Good luck to you all. Also, SMEP, preseed, legs up against a wall for 20 mins, pomegranate juice, warm feet. Oh and reflexology.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I don't live in England specifically, I live on a small island and my doctor actually advised me not to have the vaccine if ttc and that was around March time. They didn't specifically say why other than I'm not in a high risk age category.

They said my husband should so at least there's some protection in the household. Luckily we haven't had covid although it is on the rise here, but I found it interesting that I was advised against it.
I think only the pfizer is recommended for pregnancy. I don't even think you should have the Janssen one if ttc. I might ask my doc, he knows I'm struggling. I live in a small town in the Netherlands, I don't mind still leading a quiet life for another 9 months!! Kids are not allowed in school with snot, so hopefully it's low risk 🙏🙏

Does anyone have really short, light periods? Cycle 10 has just unfortunately ended, I had one episode of brown streaked CM on Thursday then nothing, then Friday I started spotting around 10am. It started off brown and turned into a ‘flow’ around 2pm ish. By Saturday teatime I was no longer requiring tampons or pantyliners, with just some spotting on wiping only (sorry tmi). So that’s 24 hours of actual bleeding although was not a lot. With just a tiny bit of spotting this morning. I’m not pregnant, this is ‘normal’ for me.

This concerns me that this doesn’t seem quite normal, along with having long and irregular cycles I just feel something isn’t quite right and wondering if this is the cause for not getting pregnant yet.

However, my hormonal panel came back normal. My day 4 and day 21 progesterone was normal. I had an ultrasound to rule out PCOS which was normal, and coincidentally had just/or about to ovulate during the scan which showed I had follicles there and my lining was good at 13mm. So there’s nothing obvious to suggest why I’m ovulating late and irregular, or why I bleed very little despite having a normal lining. It’s a mystery for sure.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Hi everyone,

I usually appear around AF, when the heartache is bad and I need to talk to people that understand. Apart from then and obvious times like friends pregnancy announcements, I've kept myself okay.

But the last month I have struggled. I've disapeared off these threads a little as I'm really finding this hard. It's like the heartache I feel when AF comes is just there, lurking, at all times. I have to avoid and keep my self busy because I feel like I could cry all the time. My heart is hurting and nobody understands. I find the pain of AF hard enough, I don't know how to deal with this all the time.
The doctors have been tit and it's not been great, we are behind. I guess all that doesn't help.

What I need is if anyone at all, has positive stories. I am 18 months and half way through cycle 20 with no hint at all of a positive. Nothing. I need to hear this happened to others and it just happened for them. As time goes on this gets more and more unlikely and I think this is what is hard, the hope is going.

So if anybody with previous children, or knows of stories that can help a girl struggling, I'd love that 💖

Sending love to you all on this painful journey xxxx

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Hi everyone,

I usually appear around AF, when the heartache is bad and I need to talk to people that understand. Apart from then and obvious times like friends pregnancy announcements, I've kept myself okay.

But the last month I have struggled. I've disapeared off these threads a little as I'm really finding this hard. It's like the heartache I feel when AF comes is just there, lurking, at all times. I have to avoid and keep my self busy because I feel like I could cry all the time. My heart is hurting and nobody understands. I find the pain of AF hard enough, I don't know how to deal with this all the time.
The doctors have been tit and it's not been great, we are behind. I guess all that doesn't help.

What I need is if anyone at all, has positive stories. I am 18 months and half way through cycle 20 with no hint at all of a positive. Nothing. I need to hear this happened to others and it just happened for them. As time goes on this gets more and more unlikely and I think this is what is hard, the hope is going.

So if anybody with previous children, or knows of stories that can help a girl struggling, I'd love that 💖

I feel I could of wrote this myself. I’m not at 20 cycles but feel everything you feel. I don’t have a lot to say as I’m still in that post af phase, but I just want to say WE understand. Xx

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Hi everyone,

Your post described everything I’ve been through. Infertility is so cruel. I won’t say too much on a TTC thread but after months and months of trying and a miscarriage, we finally conceived. There is always hope. Feel free to message me if you wanted to vent to someone who understands xxx

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I’m not TTC, and you girls may have looked into this, but I swear by the SMEP.
Sorry if I am asking a really obvious question here, googled SMEP and is it basically just DTD on the few days before ovulation day and then on ovulation day?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.