TTC #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I feel I could of wrote this myself. I’m not at 20 cycles but feel everything you feel. I don’t have a lot to say as I’m still in that post af phase, but I just want to say WE understand. Xx
Thankyou. It's such a lonely thing and my heart is hurting. I don't know how to deal with feeling like this so I just keep busy and keep it to myself. It's just getting worse because it's obviously not happening and I feel like I need to let it out.... But to who? Nobody understands in real life.
Your post described everything I’ve been through. Infertility is so cruel. I won’t say too much on a TTC thread but after months and months of trying and a miscarriage, we finally conceived. There is always hope. Feel free to message me if you wanted to vent to someone who understands xxx
Thankyou. It is cruel. It is making me feel like a failure. I am trying so hard to keep positive and busy but inside my heart is just hurting and I just want it to stop.
Can I ask how long till you got your good news? X

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Hi guys!

Currently on month 4 of TTC number 2.

It took us a while to get pregnant the first time. Not sure how long exactly as we weren't really tracking anything, because we were still in that place where we thought getting pregnant was as easy as 123. At the end of 2014 we thought we'd managed it, but unfortunately it was a molar pregnancy. I wasn't allowed to try again until my hcg levels returned to, and stayed normal. I was discharged from the monitoring from that, and got pregnant with our son the second month of trying, which was a major shock because of how long it took the first time.

Now we're working on number 2. It's not been long, but I'm already a bit frustrated. We would have started last year, but between covid and job uncertainty, it just wasn't the right time. Now I feel like the age gap is going to be huge if we're not successful soon.

Anyway, I'm 11dpo and nothing on the tests yet, but also no AF symptoms, so it could still go either way 🤞🤞🤞

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Sorry if I am asking a really obvious question here, googled SMEP and is it basically just DTD on the few days before ovulation day and then on ovulation day?
I read this inside out and back to front

74C5F96C-CFB7-4CBB-A699-AA79734367CC.jpeg

Thankyou. It's such a lonely thing and my heart is hurting. I don't know how to deal with feeling like this so I just keep busy and keep it to myself. It's just getting worse because it's obviously not happening and I feel like I need to let it out.... But to who? Nobody understands in real life.

Thankyou. It is cruel. It is making me feel like a failure. I am trying so hard to keep positive and busy but inside my heart is just hurting and I just want it to stop.
Can I ask how long till you got your good news? X
It was a few years but I needed 4 operations to deal with severe endometriosis so that delayed things massively x

• Heart
Sorry if I am asking a really obvious question here, googled SMEP and is it basically just DTD on the few days before ovulation day and then on ovulation day?
The version of sme I am doing is:

DTD every other day until you get a positive OPK, then DTD that day and the next 2 (so 3 days in row). Then have 1 day off and DTD one more time for luck.

It is meant to guarantee there is always sperm waiting for the egg to be released but also concentrated DTD around ovulation.

I think it’s good if your ovulation isn’t consistent like mine isnt and every other day is way more manageable than every day which is what we were doing initially.

Reactions: 2
Hi everyone,

I usually appear around AF, when the heartache is bad and I need to talk to people that understand. Apart from then and obvious times like friends pregnancy announcements, I've kept myself okay.

But the last month I have struggled. I've disapeared off these threads a little as I'm really finding this hard. It's like the heartache I feel when AF comes is just there, lurking, at all times. I have to avoid and keep my self busy because I feel like I could cry all the time. My heart is hurting and nobody understands. I find the pain of AF hard enough, I don't know how to deal with this all the time.
The doctors have been tit and it's not been great, we are behind. I guess all that doesn't help.

What I need is if anyone at all, has positive stories. I am 18 months and half way through cycle 20 with no hint at all of a positive. Nothing. I need to hear this happened to others and it just happened for them. As time goes on this gets more and more unlikely and I think this is what is hard, the hope is going.

So if anybody with previous children, or knows of stories that can help a girl struggling, I'd love that 💖

Sending love to you all on this painful journey xxxx
I'm going to try to cheer you up.

There's nothing wrong with either my husband or myself, we started trying in 2013 (I was 34, so time wasn't on my side). All my - much younger - friends had babies in 2015... but....nothing!! ☹ In 2016 we went to a clinic for IVF, we were told they don't do anything in December and to come back in January. We went on holiday to visit family (they're really religious and prayed for me, or, we both relaxed in the sunshine 🤷‍♀️) I got home and had a smear test:

1 I was bleeding quite randomly and was terrified I had cancer, so that was a mental block
2 the nurse is really ham-fisted and just jabbed at my lady bits for AGES!! 😂 .

Hubby suggested we have sex that night, I literally couldn't face it, so we dtd the following night. Honestly, we probably did it 2-3 times that cycle because I'd given up hope and was waiting for the IVF.

PREGNANT 😁😁😁 37, on the verge of IVF and definitely not trying hard.
After having my kid, I've now discovered that the random bleeding is from uterine polyps, I've had 2 operations to remove them and I'm once again in the 3rd year of trying. We really don't want to do IVF and drive ourselves crazy when we have a wonderful child, but secretly, it's driving me crazy 😢that's why I'm here

So, apart from being pregnant and recovering from having my vag stitched up😬😬, I've basically been playing this almost hopeless game, in silence, since 2013. I can understand why you're not on here all the time and I can totally understand your pain, everyone's pain, that was me. It's really hard to believe there is a light at the end of the tunnel, but I really hope for you that there is ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 8
@Sunshinegal i don’t have any words to make you feel better but just know that your feelings are valid and you are not alone ❤
Thankyou ❤
This is the one place I know I can say I feel and I will be understood, and not judged or told what to do or feel x
It was a few years but I needed 4 operations to deal with severe endometriosis so that delayed things massively x
Well it sounds like you have really been through it.
You deserve that amazing news.
Stories like yours are what I want to hear, I am truly so happy for you.
I'm going to try to cheer you up.

There's nothing wrong with either my husband or myself, we started trying in 2013 (I was 34, so time wasn't on my side). All my - much younger - friends had babies in 2015... but....nothing!! ☹ In 2016 we went to a clinic for IVF, we were told they don't do anything in December and to come back in January. We went on holiday to visit family (they're really religious and prayed for me, or, we both relaxed in the sunshine 🤷‍♀️) I got home and had a smear test:

1 I was bleeding quite randomly and was terrified I had cancer, so that was a mental block
2 the nurse is really ham-fisted and just jabbed at my lady bits for AGES!! 😂 .

Hubby suggested we have sex that night, I literally couldn't face it, so we dtd the following night. Honestly, we probably did it 2-3 times that cycle because I'd given up hope and was waiting for the IVF.

PREGNANT 😁😁😁 37, on the verge of IVF and definitely not trying hard.
After having my kid, I've now discovered that the random bleeding is from uterine polyps, I've had 2 operations to remove them and I'm once again in the 3rd year of trying. We really don't want to do IVF and drive ourselves crazy when we have a wonderful child, but secretly, it's driving me crazy 😢that's why I'm here

So, apart from being pregnant and recovering from having my vag stitched up😬😬, I've basically been playing this almost hopeless game, in silence, since 2013. I can understand why you're not on here all the time and I can totally understand your pain, everyone's pain, that was me. It's really hard to believe there is a light at the end of the tunnel, but I really hope for you that there is ❤
You have had such a journey and your pregnancy with your first sounds like a miracle, the exact thing that is great to hear💖
I really hope that happens for you again.

Your last couple of sentences have made me tearful. In a good way. They may be words on a screen but I can feel the warmth, kindness and understanding reading them.
Thankyou so much x

• Heart
Reactions: 5
This is what I love about Tattle, we're a bunch of anonymous strangers on the internet, but when you need some support and understanding, someone out there will be there for you ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Hello everyone, I’m wondering if you guys can help me?! I took a pregnancy test last night and got what I thought was a very faint line (blue one) so I thought I would do another using a pink dye test today after reading on here. Can you let me know if these are faint lines or not?! I’m new to all of this so not been in this situation before!

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 7
5dpo today and just feel like I know I’m not going to be pregnant this month. The way I have both previous cycles.

Do you guys get this? I’m only on cycle 3 ttc but I just keep having the feeling it’s not going to happen for us. I don’t know if I’m just not allowing myself hope because I don’t want to feel the disappointment, but then I also have a weird worry about pessimism affecting my chances due to stress or something.

Anyone else have a continuous sense of doom? Did anyone have it but go on to conceive? I know I’m not psychic haha, but also I just don’t feel it’s normal to be this pessimistic 🥺

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Hello everyone, I’m wondering if you guys can help me?! I took a pregnancy test last night and got what I thought was a very faint line (blue one) so I thought I would do another using a pink dye test today after reading on here. Can you let me know if these are faint lines or not?! I’m new to all of this so not been in this situation before!
I can definitely see lines! ❤ Get a digital if you can x

5dpo today and just feel like I know I’m not going to be pregnant this month. The way I have both previous cycles.

Do you guys get this? I’m only on cycle 3 ttc but I just keep having the feeling it’s not going to happen for us. I don’t know if I’m just not allowing myself hope because I don’t want to feel the disappointment, but then I also have a weird worry about pessimism affecting my chances due to stress or something.

Anyone else have a continuous sense of doom? Did anyone have it but go on to conceive? I know I’m not psychic haha, but also I just don’t feel it’s normal to be this pessimistic 🥺
I am exactly the same. You don’t want to feel hopeful because then the disappointment is even worse. I have all my fingers crossed for you ❤❤

• Heart

I know this feeling all too well 🥺 I think it’s just my defence mechanism to (try) and avoid the disappointment. Some days I feel so hopeful and then others it just feels so far away 😔
Not been on here in a while as I naively thought if I didn’t think so much about it it might happen…turns out it doesn’t work like that 🤣

Sending love, hope and strength to anyone that needs it this month🤍

• Heart
Thank you for your replies, I never realised how sad and lonely this journey would be, it helps to know others understand ❤

Keeping my fingers crossed for us all 🤞🏻✨

• Heart
Reactions: 4

100%! I’ve also read so many of the stories that say “the month I wasn’t even thinking about it” or “the month we didn’t even try” was the one they got pregnant. So I try and have a month like that but then end up stressing myself so much wondering if I’m stressing about it too much 😂

I see lines!!!! A bit stronger than mine were 🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞

Mine looked like this and next day got a strong positive 🤞🏻 I would say hold out and take another tomorrow morning with first urine 🙂

Thanks everyone for your replies! I got a digital test and it says pregnant 1-2 weeks although the date of my last period was beginning of June! I’m in shock to be honest! Thank you again💖

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.