TTC #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hi everyone,

As expected my period is starting. I saw a little bit when I last went to the toilet. So I know what I'll see when I next go obviously. Ridiculously I have been holding it in as I just don't want to see it. I don't know why, I knew it would come, I had no doubt, but i know how I'm going to feel still and I'm on the verge of tears already.
Anyone else do silly things like this? I've literally seen a bit of blood, I don't know why Im still hiding from it.
I guess the awful fact that it really isn't happening, so much so I can't even imagine it anymore.
So very soon I know I'll officially be cycle 20.

Never had a hint of anything in those 20 long cycles. Will I ever get to see two lines? My heart is hurting that it could mean i actually may not. All this joy I see other people experience at falling pregnant, an amazing surprise, it happening exactly as planned. There is no joy in TTC. All I know from wanting to be a mum so much is the pain now.

My heart is hurting. This journey is so very hard.

Sorry for bringing the thread down ❤
I echo that you are not alone at all ❤ I felt my period coming yesterday on a long drive home from a weekend away. I was dreading going to the toilet as I knew the outcome 😔 it’s a pain that is so unbelievably real but one that is so hard to explain to someone who is not going through or has never been through this.💕x

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Hi everyone,

As expected my period is starting. I saw a little bit when I last went to the toilet. So I know what I'll see when I next go obviously. Ridiculously I have been holding it in as I just don't want to see it. I don't know why, I knew it would come, I had no doubt, but i know how I'm going to feel still and I'm on the verge of tears already.
Anyone else do silly things like this? I've literally seen a bit of blood, I don't know why Im still hiding from it.
I guess the awful fact that it really isn't happening, so much so I can't even imagine it anymore.
So very soon I know I'll officially be cycle 20.

Never had a hint of anything in those 20 long cycles. Will I ever get to see two lines? My heart is hurting that it could mean i actually may not. All this joy I see other people experience at falling pregnant, an amazing surprise, it happening exactly as planned. There is no joy in TTC. All I know from wanting to be a mum so much is the pain now.

My heart is hurting. This journey is so very hard.

Sorry for bringing the thread down ❤
Please don’t apologise, you are not bringing the thread down. Ttc is full of ups and downs and you can say what you like in here, it’s a safe space xx

I’ve had a rough couple of days. I thought I was pregnant, for the first time in 13 months thought I could actually be pregnant. I got a solid peak 9 days ago, had some slight spotting at 5dpo, nausea kicked in, increase in ew/creamy cm, did an opk due to the ewcm and I had raised LH. Flipped between accepting this as a second attempt at ovulation then to pregnancy due to raised LH levels and how nauseous I was feeling. But then of course, opks turned to low to confirm it was infact a failed attempt the first time and now my body is trying again.
I know this is common and I’ve had false surges before, but never have I reached a peak reading that didn’t amount to anything.
It was a real kick in the teeth. My heart hurts. Never have I felt so close. To the point I laid awake thinking how I’d tell me partner the next day.

Even more frustrating, I was so happy to be ovulating at a reasonable time, I thought my body was finally getting somewhere and regulating. The long cycles are making the whole ttc so much more painful. So I’m now starting the tww all over again.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
Thanks for all your kind messages. This thread is just amazing for me, everyone is so understanding and gets it.

I haven't told my other half yet. I don't know why but I hate telling him. It's like admitting it's a failure again. And when I'm not telling him it keeps the hope alive a bit. Weird I know.
He has children already so I think this makes me feel even more of a failure.

It is definately period. I feel like giving up? It's like your putting yourself through all this pain for nothing. I want a baby so bad so I keep going but doing this for nothing is soul destroying. Especially having had no hope at all in all that time. And what makes is worse is having nobody who truly understands and gets it. TTC is lonely and people just don't understand it unless they have been there.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 8
Well AF has decided to visit me too - the witch 😢 this must be the bad news page. Absolutely no idea why I got those false positives 🤷‍♀️ and a tiny bit more hope than normal. At least I have a stash of the good pregnancy tests, Action do OPKs and I will still be able to go home in August.

Our choices are now to do IUI (we don't want to do IVF)....... Or I may have googled ttc and gone down a rabbit hole........

I'm just sharing this idea and maybe asking, has anyone tried it?

Warning, I think it's a bit 🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢

Anyhoo, I watched some lady on the internet who will get a 90 year old elephant pregnant for the bargain price of $45, she suggested :

Cut out chemicals ✅
Drink raspberry leaf tea ✅
Take Chinese herbs - wondered if it was worth paying $45 to find out which?

Then I went off piste

One lady wrote a blog post about using one of those period cups to get pregnant, it worked for her (I'm a bit 🤢 about emptying the thing). After sex, you can put the cup in to keep the sperm in place for longer. Her colleague even wore it all day at work because she couldn't have sex at the right time, she got pregnant twice, straight away! I have absolutely no idea if this is the truth or not. I almost bought one this month but chickened out at the last minute. Has anyone else tried it, or think it might be a good idea? Or is it terrible?

Reactions: 1
Well AF has decided to visit me too - the witch 😢 this must be the bad news page. Absolutely no idea why I got those false positives 🤷‍♀️ and a tiny bit more hope than normal. At least I have a stash of the good pregnancy tests, Action do OPKs and I will still be able to go home in August.

Our choices are now to do IUI (we don't want to do IVF)....... Or I may have googled ttc and gone down a rabbit hole........

Anyhoo, I watched some lady on the internet who will get a 90 year old elephant pregnant for the bargain price of $45, she suggested :

Cut out chemicals ✅

Then I went off piste

One lady wrote a blog post about using one of those period cups to get pregnant, it worked for her (I'm a bit 🤢 about emptying the thing). After sex, you can put the cup in to keep the sperm in place for longer. Her colleague even wore it all day at work because she couldn't have sex at the right time, she got pregnant twice, straight away! I have absolutely no idea if this is the truth or not. I almost bought one this month but chickened out at the last minute. Has anyone else tried it, or think it might be a good idea? Or is it terrible?
Hello, I think you may have been down several of the same rabbit holes as me 😂 🕳

I am drinking raspberry leaf tea and taking a bunch of vitamins at the moment as I figure neither can hurt right?

And I read the thing about the menstrual cup too, I already use one every month and actually only found it because I was Googling to check there weren’t any problems with using it and conception.

I won’t lie, it makes sense and they are very easy to use so I am potentially considering trying it if in a few months we still haven’t conceived 🙈 I don’t see how it can hurt even if it seems a bit grim.

I would definitely recommend practicing getting the cup in and out though before you do this because the first time I used one I got it stuck and spent the best part of an hour trying to get it out 😬

• Haha
Thanks for the advice, I was considering removing it in the shower and just not looking down. Can you imagine if it genuinely got really stuck and you had to go off to hospital and explain your awesome idea??? 😂 In my case, to Dutch people 🤣🤣🤣

Cut out chemicals ✅

Then I went off piste

I’ve read about using menstrual cups to and think we will be trying this once my partners back from his training course (side note- fuming at him being away this week whilst I’m ovulating)
I read that menstrual disks are a bit easier to begin with but I think it’s down to preference. The thing with the disks is that they aren’t as reusable as a cup as you only get a certain amount of uses from them.

Hey girls,
I’ve not posted on here in a while but I have been keeping up with you all and I’m sending you so much love!

my period is due on Thursday and this month leading up has been weird. For the last 3 months I’ve spotted 2-4 days before my period actually starts. This month nothing at all.
I had back pain Sunday all day woke up Monday absolutely fine, and I had what felt like a cold starting the same day, Monday nothing!
I’m probably reading into it too much, and my period will 1000% start on Thursday even after my vaccine it wasn’t late!
We Dtd all in the week leading up to ovulation and I got my highest peak this month, are these symptoms anything any of you realise to be something? Or am I reading too much 😂

I’ve read about using menstrual cups to and think we will be trying this once my partners back from his training course (side note- fuming at him being away this week whilst I’m ovulating)
I read that menstrual disks are a bit easier to begin with but I think it’s down to preference. The thing with the disks is that they aren’t as reusable as a cup as you only get a certain amount of uses from them.
Yeah, I think the blogger did use a disk, I'm going to have to look them up and judge if they could get stuck 🤣🤣🤣

Hey girls,
I’ve not posted on here in a while but I have been keeping up with you all and I’m sending you so much love!

my period is due on Thursday and this month leading up has been weird. For the last 3 months I’ve spotted 2-4 days before my period actually starts. This month nothing at all.
I had back pain Sunday all day woke up Monday absolutely fine, and I had what felt like a cold starting the same day, Monday nothing!
I’m probably reading into it too much, and my period will 1000% start on Thursday even after my vaccine it wasn’t late!
We Dtd all in the week leading up to ovulation and I got my highest peak this month, are these symptoms anything any of you realise to be something? Or am I reading too much 😂
It's been 5 years since I got pregnant, all I can remember is having NO symptoms! I had a slightly heavier discharge, that was all I noticed, then my boobs got bigger. I think at that time I was randomly bleeding a lot (probably had polyps back then) but when I was pregnant, there was no bleeding, nothing. It's like my cervix had shut up shop. But I was on holiday and probably less obsessed with "signs" as I am now. Seriously got my 🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞for you. Hopefully different = pregnant

Yeah, I think the blogger did use a disk, I'm going to have to look them up and judge if they could get stuck 🤣🤣🤣

It's been 5 years since I got pregnant, all I can remember is having NO symptoms! I had a slightly heavier discharge, that was all I noticed, then my boobs got bigger. I think at that time I was randomly bleeding a lot (probably had polyps back then) but when I was pregnant, there was no bleeding, nothing. It's like my cervix had shut up shop. But I was on holiday and probably less obsessed with "signs" as I am now. Seriously got my 🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞for you. Hopefully different = pregnant
Thank you for your response, my cervical mucus feels like it’s increased this last week as well tbh!
I’ve done a few random tests this week in the hope id get a bfp early but they’ve all been negative.
I’m trying not to get my hopes up I’ve got multiple weddings in the next month to attend so at least I could drink and not worry about making up excuses why I’m not!
The menstrual cup sounds like a good idea though, I bought one last month and it was so much nicer than the 7 daily tampons I get through, the messiness takes some getting used too 😂

So scratch my last message saying I was fuming at my partner being away this week as I should ovulate. AF is reappearing after 10 days 🙁
So as it stands I had no period for 6 months, then had the weirdest lightest period of my life for 10days and now 10 days later I’ve got brown af arrival

• Sad
Reactions: 3
I’ve had some period type aches start today so I think it’s coming. 5 weeks post mc. Just want it here and gone so I can move on now! Sending love to all who need it this week ❤❤

• Heart
Reactions: 7
CD498B46-7996-4938-8020-274F0AE34D47.jpeg
image.jpg

I took the above test this morning with second wee and felt like I saw a tiny line, so got a digital and it’s positive.
My first pregnancy and my boyfriend was so excited it doesn’t feel real I just want to pee on all the sticks to make sure!
What do you even do now 😂

I’m sending so much love, prayers and baby dust to you all! This thread really helps keep you sane and give clarity to each month 💕💕

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 14
I knew it.. period started about 10 mins after I posted that previous message 🤣 onto a new cycle let’s go then!

View attachment 662539View attachment 662663
I took the above test this morning with second wee and felt like I saw a tiny line, so got a digital and it’s positive.
My first pregnancy and my boyfriend was so excited it doesn’t feel real I just want to pee on all the sticks to make sure!

I’m sending so much love, prayers and baby dust to you all! This thread really helps keep you sane and give clarity to each month 💕💕
Congrats to you ❤❤ Amazing news xxx

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 8
So I've been dipping in and out of this thread because I find it really difficult to see the sad (and wonderful!) stories.... ostrich syndrome some might say!

I've been tracking my cycle for 2 years and this month my period came two weeks early, which i guess explains why the ovulation tests were all negative until I obviously bled and boy has it been a heavy period! I googled it and am now convinced I'm peri menopausal. Do I just give up hope now and enjoy a "normal" sex life with my partner again? rather than being so regimented and obsessed?

• Heart
So I've been dipping in and out of this thread because I find it really difficult to see the sad (and wonderful!) stories.... ostrich syndrome some might say!

I've been tracking my cycle for 2 years and this month my period came two weeks early, which i guess explains why the ovulation tests were all negative until I obviously bled and boy has it been a heavy period! I googled it and am now convinced I'm peri menopausal. Do I just give up hope now and enjoy a "normal" sex life with my partner again? rather than being so regimented and obsessed?
I think I read it’s not uncommon to have a random cycle where you don’t ovulate. Is that the only time it’s been early?

Have you spoken to a doctor at all and had any tests? I know Googling can make you think the absolute worst but there may be another explanation.

Totally know what you mean about the sex like though, I am only on cycle 3 of trying and have already started being really regimental and I think in the long run it would cause problems if I don’t chill out a bit at some point. (Much easier said than done though!)

It's only 1 weird cycle, but I bet if you just had "normal sex" you'd be pregnant straight away 😂😂 Sod's law!

View attachment 662539View attachment 662663

I remember going to my doctor and telling him like a naughty school girl 🤭 total waste of appointment. I think you just have to call the midwife and book an appointment (my first one was the 12 week appointment) the doctor's office should have the number if ur not sure. It used to be up on a board in the waiting room. Anyway, CONGRATULATIONS 🎊

I knew it.. period started about 10 mins after I posted that previous message 🤣 onto a new cycle let’s go then!
☹☹☹ Kinda sucks to be 4 weeks pregnant, then BAM! 0 (again) I was even wondering what colours to start knitting!!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.