TTC #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Had my call from the gp yesterday. I have pcos and it does not appear I am ovulating. She is prescribing me some medication to bring on a ‘period’ and in 6 months I can check in again with her if we haven’t conceived to look into other methods. Very unhelpful phone call tbh. If I’m not ovulating how can we carry on trying, if I’m not having periods how can I track anything. Has anyone had any success stories with pcos and no periods?
We do already have a child and I know we are SO SO lucky and she reminded me of that but it still didn’t make this news any easier.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 4
Had my call from the gp yesterday. I have pcos and it does not appear I am ovulating. She is prescribing me some medication to bring on a ‘period’ and in 6 months I can check in again with her if we haven’t conceived to look into other methods. Very unhelpful phone call tbh. If I’m not ovulating how can we carry on trying, if I’m not having periods how can I track anything. Has anyone had any success stories with pcos and no periods?
We do already have a child and I know we are SO SO lucky and she reminded me of that but it still didn’t make this news any easier.
Hi lovely, I don’t have any experience to give but would like to ask a question if not too personal please.
Have you had no periods at all for a while and also were you doing ovulation tests and none were high/positive? I only ask because a while ago I had a scan (before TTC) which showed shadowing, so wondered if I may have pcos. I never followed it up because it was a few years ago.
Sending love xx

Hey lovely! I have PCOS and went 6 months without a period, so I know the frustration so well! So sending you love ♥ I felt hopeless but didn’t want to start using opks as I knew I’d be wasting money as I’d have to pee on a stick nearly every day hoping for something.

I don’t know if it was just a coincidence but I was recommended by someone on here (I’m so sorry I can’t remember who!) to try taking inositol. I started taking it on 30th May and I got my first period in 6 months on the 30th June.. so who knows if it is linked but maybe worth a shot?

I’m waiting for a fertility appointment currently so I don’t have a success story you were asking for but I’m hoping this is the start of things working ‘normally’ for me.

You may already have a child but it doesn’t make the heartache of TTC any less ♥

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I’ve read about using menstrual cups to and think we will be trying this once my partners back from his training course (side note- fuming at him being away this week whilst I’m ovulating)
I read that menstrual disks are a bit easier to begin with but I think it’s down to preference. The thing with the disks is that they aren’t as reusable as a cup as you only get a certain amount of uses from them.
Screenshot_20210714-233200.png

OK, so these are Dutch but they must sell something similar in the UK?? I don't know if the long tail will make it easier to remove or be fiddly? Don't know if it's worth buying a period cup so I could use it for it's intended purpose after. I've been doing a bit more reading on this, I'm not going to post it in case it's wrong but there seems to be quite a lot of stuff on the internet about using a cup.

I'm definitely going to do it. Question is when? My little boy wants to go home to see granny so badly, he's already packed his little suitcase with bear, his "dorybooks", and little cars 😢 granny literally gets back off her holiday right before I ovulate and hubby can't come home with us. It's been 3 years, what's one more month 🤷‍♀️, or time is running out, every month counts (I'm over 40 already)? Grrrr, I hate the pandemic

I do, I came off the pill in early 2020 and didn’t have a period for 6 months, then only had 2 periods in the 7 months after that (3 in 13 months). Went private and got a diagnosis of PCOS in February this year. I was devastated because we were trying for a baby, which was proving difficult with the irregular cycles.

I used ovulation sticks after one of my periods n got a smiley flashing face for over 30 days. I then tested one in tap water and it also gave a flashing smiley so I just chucked them in the bin.

After my diagnosis I read into reversing PCOS naturally and began taking inositol, cut out caffeine, cut down on sugar, started acupuncture and tried to improve my sleep. About 6 weeks later I got a period, and during that cycle I ovulated for the first time since I came off the pill I’m pretty sure. I’m now pregnant 😊 I’m not sure what exactly it was that made the difference or wether it was a combination of them all but something worked!

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 2
I have just popped back onto this thread for a random nosy and happened to see your comment. I have an almost three year old, once my periods came back after having her they only came every 8 weeks. I then missed one completely and that’s when I got diagnosed with PCOS, like you given the medication to kick start which it did do but only back to the 8 week cycle, not my pre pregnancy cycle of 35 days. They told me it was very unlikely I was ovulating on such a long cycle. We tried for a couple of cycles while waiting for my fertility referral, I was getting positive OPKs two weeks before each period. We then decided to stop and move house instead- I randomly ovulated a lot earlier the next cycle (day 30- something instead of 50) and fell pregnant. Basically the upshot is im pretty sure I had a ‘normal’ cycle in that I was ovulating etc on a regular basis it was just super long, so although for many people with PCOS opks won’t work, they can be a good indicator as if they ‘work’ for you i.e you get positives at one point in the cycle and not consistently then it’s a good sign you could be ovulating. They do work for some of us.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
Third cycle off the pill. First month I ovulated CD 32, second CD19. Now I’m CD20 and again no LH rise yet. I’m so frustrated as I really thought after last month I was going to regulate but nope 😩 it’s so annoying having no idea when it’s going to happen.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 3
Hi all, normally a stalker and now a poster. I’ve been off the pill since November / December 2020. Sporadic periods. Drs have done tests and all normal so far but one had low thyroid but then next one normal and keep saying hand on another 3 months. Is this normal? I feel like it’s not and that my concerns are being dismissed. I’m 27 and healthy enough I think. I’ve been trying to track ovulation and it’s happened a few times and others like I just gave up. I’ve also been having LOADS of hair loss and suggested maybe PCOS to the Drs but he just said you’re not the right weight for that. Okay 🥴? I’ve been thinking of asking to change drs cause I just don’t feel like anyone cares except me but dunno how to handle this on nhs

• Heart
Hi all, normally a stalker and now a poster. I’ve been off the pill since November / December 2020. Sporadic periods. Drs have done tests and all normal so far but one had low thyroid but then next one normal and keep saying hand on another 3 months. Is this normal? I feel like it’s not and that my concerns are being dismissed. I’m 27 and healthy enough I think. I’ve been trying to track ovulation and it’s happened a few times and others like I just gave up. I’ve also been having LOADS of hair loss and suggested maybe PCOS to the Drs but he just said you’re not the right weight for that. Okay 🥴? I’ve been thinking of asking to change drs cause I just don’t feel like anyone cares except me but dunno how to handle this on nhs
My Mom's thyroid works sporadically. She had hair loss, weight gain, dizzy spells, tiredness, depression. Turns out she has hasimotos disease which is an autoimmune disease which targets the thyroid. She's on medication now but she basically self medicate because one day she will be hypo and another hyper, so she knows the difference between the two now.

You should try and see and endocrinologist if possible. Unfortunately it took almost 4 years for her diagnosis.

Definitely ask to change doctors, there is such a thing as lean PCOS where weight isn’t an issue! GPs can get a bad name when it comes to taking things like PCOS seriously and this is why. I went private with a gynaecologist to get a diagnosis which was covered under my health insurance.

This tww is paaaaainful. Think I'm 9dpo and the tests are calling my name 😭 trying to wait it out as I know I'll end up disappointed. Got enough going on with covid cases increasing horrendously here and failing an exam.

• Heart
I would definitely get a second opinion. I was lucky when I first went to my doctor that she recognised the signs regardless of my weight (I’m quite petite and have a very active lifestyle). I second what the previous poster said, there is such thing as lean PCOS. My doctor even said I would have probably been ignored had I gone somewhere else. I moved recently and registered at a new doctors and they wanted me to have all the tests done again as they didn’t believe it would be PCOS as I’m not “overweight or have acne” despite what it said in my notes. I agreed to have further blood test and refused all the scans and demanded they proceeded with what my previous doctor had started and they did, now I’m just awaiting my fertility appointment.
Hope things get sorted for you! Xx

Hi all. Always been a bit or a lurker on this thread but took a step back when ttc just got too hard :( I’ve been kind of giving up recently and not thinking about it, not even tracking my periods (which in hindsight was a bit silly) and today I randomly did a test. I then did three more and they all showed positive. I was in total shock and so did two more, however the final two (not pictured) showed as negative. Very dissapointed but then I did drink a LOT of water in between the tests - could this had affected the results? Not sure what to think now!

ETA to the positive lines showed extremely quickly , even before the control line which I’ve heard is a bad sign?

Attachments

• Heart
Hi all. Always been a bit or a lurker on this thread but took a step back when ttc just got too hard :( I’ve been kind of giving up recently and not thinking about it, not even tracking my periods (which in hindsight was a bit silly) and today I randomly did a test. I then did three more and they all showed positive. I was in total shock and so did two more, however the final two (not pictured) showed as negative. Very dissapointed but then I did drink a LOT of water in between the tests - could this had affected the results? Not sure what to think now!

ETA to the positive lines showed extremely quickly , even before the control line which I’ve heard is a bad sign?
❤❤ When was/is your period due lovely?

They look very strong on two separate tests to be false +

I’d test again with concentrated urine x

I would have said a quick positive was a good sign? Maybe try a digital test with tomorrow mornings first urine? 🤞🏻

Just had a telephone consultation with my doctor; I was really nervous as there's only 1 doctor at our practice and he's a bit... gruff... but he was really nice. Not entirely helpful however as he's said to just see how this cycle goes, if this one is as long as the last few he'll run some bloods but he did say he think the stress of the pandemic is probably to blame. Can't say I'm convinced but at least he didn't dismiss me entirely I guess.

I would have said a quick positive was a good sign? Maybe try a digital test with tomorrow mornings first urine? 🤞🏻
I agree! Fingers crossed ❤

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.