TTC #10 “1DPO pregnancy symptoms”

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I constantly feel like I’m wishing my life away with it. I’ve really been trying not to focus on it too much and have been more of a lurker here as to not hyperfocus, but I’m hating this month more because it means there’s no chance of a 2024 baby when what I originally imagined was a 2023 baby 😥

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Thanks for all the love on my post yesterday, I was in an awful headspace and just needed to rant…I feel my period approaching though, I’m 11 DPO and my temps have been dropping. Ah well, I just don’t know what else I can do! I might try and distract myself, until ovulation again lol.

does anyone else find themselves wishing for their periods to hurry up and a new cycle to begin, once they know they aren’t pregnant? 😅
YES! I hit 10 DPO, test negative and then I’m absolutely raging waiting for the next cycle 🫠
---
I constantly feel like I’m wishing my life away with it. I’ve really been trying not to focus on it too much and have been more of a lurker here as to not hyperfocus, but I’m hating this month more because it means there’s no chance of a 2024 baby when what I originally imagined was a 2023 baby 😥
I feel this! I found this cycle particularly hard as like you say it was the last chance for 2024 😢

• Heart
Reactions: 3
IMG_0484.JPG

I'm not just seeing things right? It's 12DPO today and this test is super sensitive. I'll keep testing. Freaking out a little but also don't want to get too excited.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
During the ovulation window is it best to have sex more than once each day? Or should once a day be enough? 🤷🏻‍♀️ I’ve been off the pill for over 1 year now and nothing!
We haven’t been tracking dates etc just doing it 4/5 times a week. But we’ve decided to start taking it a bit more seriously now 😂 and I don’t really know what’s best to do!
Any tips pleaseeee ❤

Reactions: 2
During the ovulation window is it best to have sex more than once each day? Or should once a day be enough? 🤷🏻‍♀️ I’ve been off the pill for over 1 year now and nothing!
We haven’t been tracking dates etc just doing it 4/5 times a week. But we’ve decided to start taking it a bit more seriously now 😂 and I don’t really know what’s best to do!
Any tips pleaseeee ❤
Every other day is plenty they say, so every day is more than enough. There is some research that says it’s best to give your man time to rest and replenish if you get me 😉 so you’re doing enough. If you’ve been trying a year it’s worth getting some tests from the GP.

Reactions: 1
I don’t know what to do and I don’t know who to ask. I am so sorry if this question upsets anyone. We’ve not told anyone yet but we got a positive test last Saturday and then on Thursday I started bleeding. I called early pregnancy unit and I was told to wait as could be normal bleeding as I’m 5 weeks but it’s continued for 2 days. Would you call again or go in face to face or just leave it and retest in a few days time? Google has been helpful but also made me more anxious…

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I don’t know what to do and I don’t know who to ask. I am so sorry if this question upsets anyone. We’ve not told anyone yet but we got a positive test last Saturday and then on Thursday I started bleeding. I called early pregnancy unit and I was told to wait as could be normal bleeding as I’m 5 weeks but it’s continued for 2 days. Would you call again or go in face to face or just leave it and retest in a few days time? Google has been helpful but also made me more anxious…
call again. If your unit allows you to turn up F2F then that’s an option also.
I don’t know where you are but I know my EPU is very clear they don’t scan on a weekend, but they may be able to get you on the list for Monday if they can’t see you?

Also lots of women have bleeding so early and it’s nothing so despite how worrying it is try and relax 💕 (I know that’s easier said than done!)

• Heart
Reactions: 1
You could call but I’d say they are unlikely to see you unless you were in great pain or had other symptoms like ectopic because at 5 weeks they can’t confirm anything either way, it’s too early. Testing in a few days can help but if it were a MC, you can show positive for quite a while after.
Your best indicator will be the severity and duration of the bleed really but unfortunately time will be the only thing conclusive. Sadly all you can do is wait, to be sure.
Wishing you the best outcome. Apparently about 20% of women bleed and have a healthy pregnancy x

• Heart
Your EPU may do bloods if you go in and tell them this. Ours does. It gives you answers rather than waiting in that anxiety.

• Heart
Your EPU may do bloods if you go in and tell them this. Ours does. It gives you answers rather than waiting in that anxiety.
I just couldn’t wait… I just booked a private reassurance scan for Friday evening as I’ll be 6 weeks and 1 day. We have a family holiday Saturday morning for 2 weeks and I don’t want anxiety over not knowing affecting me.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
it can be normal but I know the stress.
so sorry to ask details but it might just be normal bleeding or it could be a ‘chemical pregnancy’ which is a horrible name for an early loss and it’s not easy to tell without knowing more such as your HCG levels at this stage. Don’t google, it’ll drive you crackers and honestly it doesn’t help. Not sure where you are but private scans near me are like £100 and if they can’t see anything or it is sad news they will again send you to the NHS and not be able to fully confirm, so I would try and push EPU first. What is the bleeding like ie how much, is it just spotting, what colour is it? When it happened to me I couldn’t do anything til 6 weeks but I wish I’d known more and pushed for them to check my bloods earlier as it was a whole week and a half of worry

I would be tempted to go to EPU anyway and say how stressed you are and that you would just like bloods doing to check your levels. They’re so stubborn about doing scans before 6 weeks

Thursday was mild cramps and small clots for several hours in the evening but none since. Bleeding has pretty much been slow and steady, I’ve been changing my pad every couple of hours, it’s definitely more than spotting but not heavy bleeding. No back pain or pains anywhere else. I told the lady all this over the phone at early pregnancy but she didn’t really take my concerns seriously, told me just to wait and was adamant no scan before 6 weeks and mentioned bleeding is common at 5 weeks. And bright red.

• Heart
I would definitely just go into your EPU and push for bloods. It’s a lot more factual than a scan where they may not see something yet.
It’s such a worrying time & don’t want you paying out for a scan where they may cause more anxiety than reassurance

• Heart
Thursday was mild cramps and small clots for several hours in the evening but none since. Bleeding has pretty much been slow and steady, I’ve been changing my pad every couple of hours, it’s definitely more than spotting but not heavy bleeding. No back pain or pains anywhere else. I told the lady all this over the phone at early pregnancy but she didn’t really take my concerns seriously, told me just to wait and was adamant no scan before 6 weeks and mentioned bleeding is common at 5 weeks. And bright red.
The problem is that you might not get a conclusion from a scan, that’s why they won’t do it so early. They may see a heartbeat and you’re ok. They may see no egg sack at all and it’s bad news. But they may see a sac with nothing in because it just hasn’t formed yet or because it’s not progressing and there’s no way to know which but wait.
Even with bloods, your levels can keep increasing while the egg is retained but the baby will never develop.
If you conceived just a couple of days later than you think, it’ll be even less conclusive.

I know how hard it is, I’ve been there, but unless it’s either of the first two options it’ll be a rescan in a week or two to know for certain.

• Heart
Thank you everyone ❤ I really appreciate you all taking the time to message me. I at least feel I’ve got to speak to someone now and I feel heard xx

• Heart
Anyone had trouble with the clear blue ovulation tests?! 4 day one, brand new testing stick. I think the universe saw me type the other day that all my ovulation tests always match up and said nah 😂 I do a shed load of tests at all the right times and throughout to try and understand my cycle/ be able to pass on the info when I’m seen by the fertility clinic. I normally get a couple of days of a flashing smiley at 12/13 and a peak at 13/14 (has differed and been later in my cycle before)

I’m cycle day 9 and my ovulation date is probably day 13. I did my usual ovulation tests this morning and all were low. I felt my hormones ‘shift’ tonight so did another test out of curiosity. My LH has risen on my standard strip tests and looks close to peak but isn’t there yet. However the clear blue has gone straight to a solid smiley already and I’m not sure what to believe!

now I’m wondering if it’s possible to see the LH peak after ovulation/ if I ovulate super quick or if it’s just another crazy cycle. I’m thrown because normally all my tests agree when my peak is. Only time I’ve known an issue same as what I’ve described when I’ve been pregnant (I’m not pregnant, I wish), then miscarried and I’ve been trying to see when I might ovulate again and oestrogen or HCG levels were probably the culprit. My over thinking brain is wondering if I never got pregnant before because I was waiting right for an LH rise to ‘save’ good quality sperm up, but it was actually already too late. The only times I got pregnant (and sadly miscarried) I did actually start having sex earlier in my cycle when I am still spotting after my period (but also around when I allegedly ovulated according to LH strips and apps) so I’d assumed the peak days were the reason for it working.

the more I try and understand the less I do 🫠

My over thinking brain is wondering if I never got pregnant before because I was waiting right for an LH rise to ‘save’ good quality sperm up, but it was actually already too late. The only times I got pregnant (and sadly miscarried) I did actually start having sex earlier in my cycle when I am still spotting after my period (but also around when I allegedly ovulated according to LH strips and apps) so I’d assumed the peak days were the reason for it working.

the more I try and understand the less I do 🫠
You can’t save up good quality sperm. There are animal studies that show older sperm can produce healthier babies but the challenge is getting that sperm to the egg, the studies are using IVF, not relying on the sperm getting itself there first.
This article is good https://www.theturekclinic.com/blog/is-saving-it-up-a-myth-male-infertility-timed-intercourse/ however it’s been disproved in some studies that sperm quality improves by doing it ever other day too so just go for it as often as you can when you’re coming up to ovulation. The more the better seems to be the overriding factor.

The month I got pregnant was by sex early in the cycle too. I’d been concentrating on trying to hit the peak for so long but the one that did it, I actually missed the peak but it must’ve been there to meet the egg from the previous days.

You can’t save up good quality sperm. There are animal studies that show older sperm can produce healthier babies but the challenge is getting that sperm to the egg, the studies are using IVF, not relying on the sperm getting itself there first.
This article is good https://www.theturekclinic.com/blog/is-saving-it-up-a-myth-male-infertility-timed-intercourse/ however it’s been disproved in some studies that sperm quality improves by doing it ever other day too so just go for it as often as you can when you’re coming up to ovulation. The more the better seems to be the overriding factor.

The month I got pregnant was by sex early in the cycle too. I’d been concentrating on trying to hit the peak for so long but the one that did it, I actually missed the peak but it must’ve been there to meet the egg from the previous days.
thank you! I thought that, but then our fertility clinic when doing the initial tests told us to do every few days 🫠 I’ve tried every method now and none have worked (apart from when we’ve not particularly been tracking) which is infuriating! Because the outcomes even then still weren’t good I just don’t know what to do haha. I have hit the peak every time as well. Next time I might just try literally every 2 days and see what happens then 😭

I’m due to start my period today, I had a BFN 2 days ago (12dpo), so I guess I’m officially out this cycle :( hope it’s going better for you ladies! No 2023 baby for me 🥲

• Heart
Reactions: 6