TTC #10 “1DPO pregnancy symptoms”

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hey ladies. I’m jumping back into these threads after a bit of a break. Had an early loss last November and afterwards I was just so obsessed with getting pregnant again. It completely fucked my MH and when my period arrived in January and February i was just in a pit of depression for weeks. I was dreaming about being pregnant and babies and really was just going off my head. I decided that was plenty and took a couple of months out of TTC and just take care of me. After a bit of a heart to heart last week me and my partner decided it was time to get to it again. Will try to take it slow but we all know I’ll be pissing on every test going before too long😂😂baby dust ✨ to you all.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
AF arrived yesterday :( had all that sex for nothing! 😭 anyway has anyone tried preseed or conceive plus lube? Did it work? I don’t know where I can buy preseed from!

AF arrived yesterday :( had all that sex for nothing! 😭 anyway has anyone tried preseed or conceive plus lube? Did it work? I don’t know where I can buy preseed from!
I have no feedback yet, but we’ve just tried preseed this month, I’ve heard good things though. I thought there’s no harm in trying it! I ordered it from Amazon, but I think you can get conceive plus in boots stores! I will report back when AF no doubtably arrives next week 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Ordered from Amazon. Was using it when I conceived but I didn’t do the thing of syringing a certain amount in 15 mins before or whatever it says.

Reactions: 1
Very early doors for me TTC but genuinely worried about how we will survive on maternity pay?!

ETA: should we be lucky enough to fall pregnant of course :)

Very early doors for me TTC but genuinely worried about how we will survive on maternity pay?!

ETA: should we be lucky enough to fall pregnant of course :)
Does your company offer any enhanced pay?
We are already starting to assess our outgoings and save up as much as possible in preparation for hopefully going on maternity leave in the next year or two 🤞
I’m the breadwinner in our relationship so I’m a bit concerned about the last three months being completely unpaid

Bit of advice please ladies. Cycle generally runs 28-30 days. Ovulated on day 14/15 did the do with hubby (not just once lol) period was predicted 4 days ago, negative on tests…I have had a heavy cold around the time of ovulation and did feel ovulation pain on day 14/15 but then also felt it again on day 30…..any ideas?
would the cold have delayed ovulation?

Bit of advice please ladies. Cycle generally runs 28-30 days. Ovulated on day 14/15 did the do with hubby (not just once lol) period was predicted 4 days ago, negative on tests…I have had a heavy cold around the time of ovulation and did feel ovulation pain on day 14/15 but then also felt it again on day 30…..any ideas?
would the cold have delayed ovulation?
Yes it could have done. Are you using ovulation tests?

I went to a bachelorette party last weekend, it was 10 of us girls (all around 32) and only two of us were childless. We were sitting by the pool and got talking and all 8 of them conceived super fast, many in the first month or at least in the first three. No MCs, no TTC basically. And it just really got me thinking how different experiences they must have, just the TTC lingo, knowing what MC and DTD and DPO and BFN and rainbow baby, sticky baby etc. expressions all mean. I told them about my MC and they were all so supportive but shocked, I told them about ovulation tests and no one from those 8 girls knew they existed or what they looked like lol. I felt like such a unicorn. One of them did ONE digital pregnancy test and couldn't bother to do another when the + disappeared so she just drew it on with a sharpie to tell the parents. 😂 Can you imagine? My mind is blown lol.

Anyways I'm 4DPO today and I'm not too bothered this cycle anymore. I calculated if I get my period this month and I'd be successful in the next cycle I could do a test for my husbands birthday. So now I'm hoping for that timeline. 😂 Trying to lighten up a little and not get too obsessive again.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I went to a bachelorette party last weekend, it was 10 of us girls (all around 32) and only two of us were childless. We were sitting by the pool and got talking and all 8 of them conceived super fast, many in the first month or at least in the first three. No MCs, no TTC basically. And it just really got me thinking how different experiences they must have, just the TTC lingo, knowing what MC and DTD and DPO and BFN and rainbow baby, sticky baby etc. expressions all mean. I told them about my MC and they were all so supportive but shocked, I told them about ovulation tests and no one from those 8 girls knew they existed or what they looked like lol. I felt like such a unicorn. One of them did ONE digital pregnancy test and couldn't bother to do another when the + disappeared so she just drew it on with a sharpie to tell the parents. 😂 Can you imagine? My mind is blown lol.

Anyways I'm 4DPO today and I'm not too bothered this cycle anymore. I calculated if I get my period this month and I'd be successful in the next cycle I could do a test for my husbands birthday. So now I'm hoping for that timeline. 😂 Trying to lighten up a little and not get too obsessive again.
It’s crazy how easy it is for some people. Everyone and their mum seems to be pregnant right now, and it just makes it so much harder when no one else seems to be struggling.
My best friend is pregnant and she keeps saying how she wants me to have a baby and we can be mums together and I’m just like, tell that to my uterus 🙄
And my mum came to visit the other day and was telling me about all of my cousins who are currently pregnant, and it’s just so annoying

Reactions: 2

That’s annoying and must have been upsetting for you 😔 it’s funny though because in probably 75% of the people I’ve told or been around, they’ve all experienced loss in some shape or form. Including my own mum who said, “oh yeah that happened to me” (!) I think it is more common than some people like to admit.

Reactions: 2
That’s annoying and must have been upsetting for you 😔 it’s funny though because in probably 75% of the people I’ve told or been around, they’ve all experienced loss in some shape or form. Including my own mum who said, “oh yeah that happened to me” (!) I think it is more common than some people like to admit.
I think people who experience losses or take longer to conceive just don’t talk about it as much, or if they do manage to conceive they downplay how long it took

Reactions: 6
I think people who experience losses or take longer to conceive just don’t talk about it as much, or if they do manage to conceive they downplay how long it took
I agree, I also think once you have a successful pregnancy (fortunately or unfortunately) the memories of loss and how hard we all tried tend to fade away. My friend just had her third baby and has had losses too, and it’s funny how she talks about it in a much more casual way. Everything about pregnancy and birth becomes more chilled out the older I get, I’m finding. She only announced to us all that she was pregnant because we were attending a party together and when I asked the gender she said “oh, this is a girl”. I do think it becomes more of a occasional sad memory for those lucky enough to go on to conceive.

Reactions: 6
Someone my mum knows has announced she’s pregnant in the last couple of days. My mum was telling me and I was like oh lovely send my congratulations. Then I tried to change the subject as I do find it hard to hear about especially after the last few months but then my mum goes on to start showing me the video of her announcing it to her family. I burst into tears and had to tell her to stop. My mum obviously felt absolutely shocking but I just don’t want my face rubbed in it.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I just can’t get over how easy and pain free it is for some people, it really doesn’t feel fair at all

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I used to once think miscarriages were extremely rare, I had no idea they were as common as they unfortunately are. When it took us 4.5years to get pregnant the first time I really thought that was it for us and we were having a baby. Then barely 3 weeks later it was all over. When first ttcing you just don’t think it’s something that will happen to you do you!

And if only we could all live without knowing all this silly ttc lingo, taking ovulation tests and all other crazy means we’ve tried to get pregnant before. :(

I think I’m 11dpo today, not doing very good at switching off ttc brain this time round 😭😂 I highly doubt I’m pregnant, my body just doesn’t work as well as others. I just want my period to start and just start all over again really.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
It may be because my friends are pretty much all over 30 so age or years of birth control but I don’t know but anyone who fell quickly in my social circle. Well, one managed it in about 6 mths and had 3 kids already in their 20s. Two have been successful with IVF, one is currently unsuccessful but having a second round, another gave up trying, my bestie has been not preventing over a year and has now put it aside for the foreseeable. Even the ones with 2 or 3 kids now didn’t conceive quickly and had a stressful time of ovulation tests, doctors investigations etc.
Of course I only realised this once I started talking to them about it because it just wasn’t something we discussed.
The only people I know who fell quickly or accidentally are the young, not great lifestyle ones.

People thought I fell quickly because I’d not been with my partner long but the reality was trying almost half a decade with my ex and not so much as a scare before that.

Obviously loads of people do fall quickly but I think it just varies so much. From the outside you might think ‘oh a year and a half isn’t long’ but on the inside it feels like every day is a week and every month is a year and it’s just time slipping away rather tha getting closer 😥

Reactions: 8
Including my own mum who said, “oh yeah that happened to me” (!) I think it is more common than some people like to admit.
Yesss when I told my mum about my MC she also told me the same happened to her before she had me, at the exactly same time and in the exactly same way! And I found so much comfort in that, to know she also went through that and understands me but also that she had me not long after.

Yes it's probably not that talked about in general but I have to say in my group of friends the ones who are struggling a bit are all being extremely honest about it. And I feel like it makes it easier for everyone! You can just be honest and there's no unwanted questions and weird looks and stupid remarks about it. I know about my friend's chemicals, IVFs, uterine barrier operations and it makes it easier to me to process and get over my own loss too.

I hold no grudge against those friends mentioned above who all were very lucky, I'm glad I can talk to them too and if in the future anyone of them faces any challenges I can be of help.

From the outside you might think ‘oh a year and a half isn’t long’ but on the inside it feels like every day is a week and every month is a year and it’s just time slipping away rather tha getting closer 😥
Yes this is the worst - not knowing. If someone told you you will 100% have a baby in 2 years you would sign up for it without question. It's the constant hopes and disappointments every month that wears you down and it gets worse over time. When you go through the same cycle 24 or 48 times it's just completely soul crushing I imagine because there's no guarantee for anyone that it will eventually work out. For most people it does but as someone else wrote you just never imagine it will be you who will have to go through it. :(

Reactions: 4
14dpo still no Af but bfn . Out again, l tried not symptom spotting this month and not overthinking every little thing too much (impossible). Also been using the wild fertility vitamins, co q10 and preseed. Might add in maca root for next cycle

• Heart
Reactions: 3