True ghost stories đŸ‘»

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have nothing compared to the previous stories!

I used to live in a Victorian maisonette and there were lots of things that went on that were a bit odd.

Lights would switch themselves on and off, the kettle would switch itself on, we would hear footsteps or furniture moving upstairs when we knew nobody was up there, cupboard doors would open (or close) by themselves etc. Sometimes there would suddenly be a very strong smell of either lavender or cloves in the room.

Nothing really major but I never liked being alone in the place to be honest, gave me the creeps.

• Wow
Reactions: 21
I have nothing compared to the previous stories!

I used to live in a Victorian maisonette and there were lots of things that went on that were a bit odd.

Lights would switch themselves on and off, the kettle would switch itself on, we would hear footsteps or furniture moving upstairs when we knew nobody was up there, cupboard doors would open (or close) by themselves etc. Sometimes there would suddenly be a very strong smell of either lavender or cloves in the room.

Nothing really major but I never liked being alone in the place to be honest, gave me the creeps.
They sound major to me đŸ˜±

• Haha
Reactions: 9
They sound major to me đŸ˜±
I got used to it after a while as long as someone was with me. We could (sort of) joke about it "oh they're moving the beds again" kind of thing. Still freaky when you'd go into your bedroom and find the bed a couple of foot off the wall, despite knowing it wasn't like that when you left it that morning.

Things used to move around in the cupboards too. Items you knew were in one cupboard in the morning would be somewhere else when we'd get home in the evening. We had cctv over the front door and nobody was ever filmed coming in during the day when we were at work.

Maybe someone was living in the attic lol!

Moved out after a year.

• Wow
Reactions: 19
We used to rationalise a lot of it at the time. It was an old maisonette with creaky floorboards etc. so some of the noises we'd put down to expansion/contraction of the wooden floor. The floors were also on a bit of an angle and the cupboard latches were a bit ropey so we thought that might explain them opening by themselves. We even put the self-closing of them down to draughts as it was a very draughty place. The lights going on and off we put down to dodgy electrics. Stuff moving around in cupboards could have been us being absent minded and putting things back in the wrong place. Don't think we ever managed to explain the kettle switching itself on though, or the lavender/clove smells.

The maisonette had 2 large doubles and a much smaller bedroom that was just used for storage. The first time I found my bed moved I assumed it was my flatmate messing around. She used to get home from work before me and I was convinced she'd done it to freak me out even though she denied it. The second time it happened I knew it couldn't have been her as I'd been up in my room an hour earlier and after that we were both sat downstairs so I knew she hadn't been up there. That night I slept in her room with her, and the next day I moved into the small spare room instead. Bed didn't move again once I was in there.

Reactions: 6
I've had many experiences in childhood. Not so many now I am an adult - although I get a lot of Deja Vue at places even though I've never been (and I often dream things weeks/months before they happen).

I used to see ghosts a lot as a child when we lived in a haunted public house in Devon. I've seen grandparents who have passed and sensed them with me.

My Nan caught me levitating at about 14years old when I was staying in her bed (I'd gone to sleep angry after a row with my sister).

I saw a clairvoyant back in 2009 after suffering 2 miscarriages. She told me that I had lost 2 babies and she saw 2 more in my future (a girl and a boy). I went on to have a daughter in 2010 and a son in 2012.

I believe our eldest daughter is a reincarnation of my mother in law who I never met and passed away when my husband was 17. Our youngest looked like his great grandad when he was born. Son's middle name is his great grandfathers' first name and I was put in a ward opposite the intensive care ward where he passed - I swear he was there.

• Wow
Really enjoyed reading these, I love a good ghost story!

My own:

When I was about 13 my friends and I did a "seance" using a Ouija board in an abandoned part of our school (think "old wing that's not being used and you're not supposed to access").
It was all standard giggling tween BS until the board gave us 3 numbers, a name and "hello". I was 100% convinced that my friend who organised the whole thing was moving the arrow (what's that called?) to point at the letters and numbers.
It was fun, we had one whole beer between the 4 of us (the audacity :LOL:) so we were feeling grown up and cool, and we went home.

I was always one of those kids who shared with their mum, as my mum was very young when she had me so we had that kind of relationship. I told her the numbers and the name and she went extremely pale, sat down and after a long silence told me that she had two pregnancies before me, and that unfortunately neither of my baby siblings survived. The first one was a boy, who was born and died on the date the three numbers formed, whose name she had picked since she was a child...you guessed it, it was the name the Ouija board spelled out.

Since I didn't know anything about it, and my friends or their parents didn't know my mum before I started in that school (we even lived in a different neighbourhood when I was a child, in a major city, so there really was no crossover) I don't have an explanation for it.

• Wow
Reactions: 41
My partners parents live in a really old Victorian house with their younger children, it's massive with 7 bedrooms over 3 floors. We stayed there and house/dog sat while they were in Australia for 3 weeks. One evening I arrived there before my boyfriend, I popped some tea in the oven and went upstairs with the dog (top floor) to get changed (the house has always creeped me out so if I'm alone I make the dog stay with međŸ€Ł). I noticed that the outside light came on so assumed by boyfriend had parked at the top of the lane and walked down which is the norm to do.
The front door opened, I heard him walk up the stairs (big thumping footsteps, like he was dragging himself up the stairs) but he went into the master bedroom on the second floor which was weird. I called down to him but no answers. I stood at the top of the stairs and shouted down again but no answer. I walked down and pushed open the master bedroom door which was ajar and the room was empty. I stepped inside and it was ridiculously cold in there, like see your breath cold, despite being winter and the underfloor heating being on all afternoon.

I got seriously freaked out and buggered off downstairs into the kitchen with the dog. I sat on the sofa's at the front of the kitchen in front of the patio doors. It was really dark outside but I could just about make out the garden. I kept getting that horrible tingling feeling up my back so I had a look out the glass doors and a man walked across the garden (he seemed to drag himself across it rather than walk). It was the most horrific thing I had ever seen, he literally looked twisted. The dog went absolutely mental, barking/screaming and scratching at the door. I was in hysterics and hid behind the kitchen counter with the dog until my bf got home. I made him go out and search the garden and he insisted that there was nothing there, even watched the CCTV back and couldn't see anyone come in or out of any of the entrances. I am absolutely sure it was something supernatural and he was in the house before.

I have tried to find some history on the house, all I know is that it was owned by a man whose son was the manager(??) of a clay mining pit, his legs were crushed in a freak accident and he died a few days later!! Horrific and I still have nightmares about it, I refuse to stay at the house alone or with less than 2 people there! I'm also a big believer that dogs pick up on supernatural occurrences and she went absolutely nuts at those patio doors.
Omg 😰 that’s a scary story above đŸ‘†đŸŒđŸ˜« no way would I stay in that house. đŸ‘»
Yes it is 😳 I'm currently laid in bed in the dark reading these and definitely thinking I need to sleep with the bedside light on tonight 😂

Reactions: 12
I've spent the weekend reading the DS creepy thread 😳 thankyou for sharing that! So much more to read on there, will keep me entertained for probably months 😂

Reactions: 7
LOVE reading all these! Could someone please tell me how to find the thread on DS? I’ve tried looking on there and can’t find it!

Reactions: 3
Well I've come down with a well timed sickness so I'll be taking myself off to bed and reading mumsnet and DS now!! May not sleep tonight though 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Couple of years ago me, my boyfriend and another couple decided to rent a house together to save a bit of money. The house was in SW London, Edwardian style. Inside was beautiful , with modern furniture , plenty of sunshine coming in.. Anyway, during our first viewing it felt like a great & warm place.
After moving in we couldn't quite settle in, it felt like someone was constantly watching us, there were weird noises , I could see some movements with the corner of my eye, the other couple couldn't sleep at nights because they had a feeling that someone is tickling them.
Anyway, my best friend took some photos of the house to her family friend who is a medium and she has predicted lots of things in our life's and she can sense ghosts and stuff like that. When she saw those photos she said straight away - there was a couple who lived there before us ( the owners ) and they had a little boy who was very sweet, blonde, blue eyed little boy who looked like an angel. And she felt that something bad happened to that little boy in this property and he died, and his spirit is still in that house. Later on we managed to find our landlords profiles on facebook and after browsing through some older photos we saw them together with a little boy, just like medium described. It was such a creepy feeling. We still had to live in that house for almost another year because of the contract. It was terrible.. I felt miserable the whole time and wanted to get out of there. It was always very cold and creepy there... and that feeling that someone is always watching you and seeing movements with the corner of the eye..

• Wow
  • Sad
This happens two years ago now - in 2017. I live in a newly built property and we (husband and I) are the first owner to move in. However, the land itself is old but so is everywhere really.
One night I woke up to the sound of ticking, like the sound of a clock ticking. Tick - Tock. In my sleepy slumber, I thought it was my alarm clock. But then I remembered that we threw out the old ticking analog alarm clock when we moved and brought the property. We have been living there for over 5 years. and got ourselves a digital alarm clock and it makes no sound.
Anyway...
I was laying in bed and I could hear quite clearly the sound of ticking. This terrified me and I didn't dared not move. I knew we secured the home, a routine which I do before bed every single night. I also knew it couldn't be the neighbours as the sound was coming from the bedroom. I also knew the neighbours recently moved out and no one was next door.
I just laid in bed listening to the sound of this ticking until it got light outside and the sound just faded away.
Weird.
The next morning I looked everywhere to come up with a rational explanation but none of our stuff makes a ticking sound.
Never heard it again and I'm still living here.

More spooky experiences:

The recurring nightmare. From a young age to about 12-13, I would have these recurring nightmare. And these nightmares will only ever occur at a certain point of the year. Can’t remember what part of the year now.

The nightmare goes where you have to be facing face down into the pillow and be sleeping, a man will come round and check on everyone and make sure you are facing face down. If he catches you awake or not facing face down, certain death will happen to you.

Nope, not making it up. To this day I have never been able to explain it. Tried telling my parents at the time but thought it was childhood imagination.

As it got older, the nightmare faded away.

__
My parents live in a fairly big house in the middle of nowhere. The village where the house situated is a 25 minutes’ walk away at the top of a big hill. The house itself is fairly modern and new, however, my parents were not the first occupant – just the second.

I have always been convinced my house was haunted. Always and I still think that. One night while sleeping in my bedroom (which was always the coldest room in the house), just lying there. Now I sleep on my side often curled like a ball. So I was laying there and the room was pitch black.

Suddenly the room went cold, sending a shiver down my spine. Out of nowhere, I felt a cold hand reaching on my back underneath my pyjamas. As soon as I notice it the hand stopped and the air went warm again. I sat straight up to see anything. Nothing.

I remember telling my friends at school the next day what has happened. They all thought my parents were playing a prank. But my parents are not the kind of people to do this. Never forgot it.
___

When I was in my teen, my parents brought me a bunk bed. I kept nagging for one so they gave in and let me have one. Trust me I was the happiest ever.

This where it went weird. Lights would start to flicker; the room would go icy cold when I climb into the bed. My stereo at 2-3am in the morning would go full blast. You would be sound asleep and suddenly my stereo would be blaring music at full volume. Often the TV and stereo would turn off. Things would move.

Yeah after 3-4 months of it, I got pretty scared and moved into another room of the house. Where I slept in a proper bed.

Tried telling everyone but they all said it was the wiring problem. I didn’t have before and I didn’t have the issue since. I would at night turn off the stereo at the plug socket – only to have it still blaring with music.

One night I got so scared, (and I’m a little shameless to admit to this) I wet the bed. After that, I never used the bunk bed again.

----
From a young age – to even now, I would hear my name being called in an empty place. Everyone would be out and suddenly I would hear my name being called. There be nobody else home. It started to happen at my parents’ house and has even occurred in my current home where I am now. Sometimes it so clear I genuinely would think someone is behind me. Nope, no one is around. It will be ‘Anna’ in a voice I am familiar with so I would think it’s my parents or my husband or someone I know. Nope.

I went an RC (roman catholic) primary school and I would tell the nuns about hearing these voices. They always said it was a voice from God and he is calling me. Somehow that never made me feel better.

___
My parents went on holiday and left me in charge of the house for the first time. I was mega chuffed. Gave me a set of keys to lock up the place if I needed to leave.

I invited my boyfriend (who now my husband) over and we decided to walk into the nearest village to get some foods supply. I had the keys on the coffee table and went upstairs to get my jacket. When I went back to get the keys – they weren’t there. Thought Richard was playing a prank but he was too occupied being on the phone. The keys were on the TV set. This freaked me right out as I know for a fact I didn’t put them there; it was on the coffee table.

Told Richard was happened but shrugged it off and thought I was imagined it. For the rest of the time, while my parents were away, I kept the keys closed to me at all time.

---
That my spooky stories. xx

• Wow
I am working in a very old listed gothic style building in London, it is 100% haunted. Just by looking at it you can tell there are many lost souls living here..
It used to be home for orphans ( one of them died alive during fire at night, they say that her ghost is still wandering around this building) During 2nd World War it was London Reception Centre, they would treat injured soldiers here, I've heard that in the basement they would hang suspected spies and torture people.
Myself and my colleagues have heard lots of un-explained noises, my colleague once wanted to open the door and before she could even grab the handle the door opened itself (there was no draft, no open windows).
However there was one very creepy event not that long ago. We put up new wall art in the waiting room , it was attached quite firmly on to the wall and couldn't fall so easily. On Friday evening I locked everything up and came back to office on Monday morning.. the new wall art peace was taken down and placed on the other side of the room neatly on the table. When my boss came to work I asked him what happened, did it fall off? He was very surprised and said that no one was here over the weekend. He was very worried and thought that someone broke in over the weekend ( but nothing was missing ) so we checked our CCTV cameras of the waiting room - these cameras are top quality and have never turned themselves off. They record every single moment 24/7. However, during that weekend something happened and they stopped working for few hours so we didn't see the moment when the wall art was taken down. One moment it's on the wall, and when the cameras came back on after few hours the painting was down.
I then asked the care taker of the building to show me the CCTV footage from outside- if someone walked in the office we would find out by checking these cameras. Nothing.. not a single human being walked passed our door that weekend.
We still don't know what happened.. How can a painting remove itself from the wall and travel to the other side of the room.

• Wow
Reactions: 32
I have just thought of another weird one actually.. My partner has a daughter from his previous relationship, she has just turned 5 years old and recently moved in with with us full time. A few weeks ago I took her up to bed and tucked her in, she won't sleep unless you read to her and hold her hand (something we are trying to work on, as cute as it is, it is a military operation to exit the room without waking her up:ROFLMAO:) . I stayed in with her until she fell asleep and then went back down and we watched some TV.
We both heard her get up but she does sometimes do this as she has dropped a teddy off the bottom of the bed etc. so we usually give it 10 mins before we go up and check. It was quiet for a little while and then we could hear her giggling and talking. My partner muted the volume on the TV and she was talking about her 'teddy blankie' which is literally a teddy with a blanket instead of a body, its her absolute favourite and we are not allowed to leave the house without it. He opened the front room door and she was sat at the top of the stairs with her teddy blankie on her lap. He asked her what she was talking about and she replied that her 'auntie had asked her which teddy was her favourite'
My partner shrugged it off and assumed it must have just been a dream, he put her back to bed but when we spoke about it later he did find it strange as her mum has no sisters and she hadn't seen my partners siblings in quite a while. However, my partner has a sister who sadly passed away when she was 16 from Sepsis, he always says that she would have loved his daughter, he and his sister were always quite close as they were only a year apart. I don't find it creepy or scary, if anything it's quite a sweet thought that she wanted to meet her niece but still very strange.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 39
This isn’t a ghost story, it’s just weird and I can’t explain it.

Okay, so for as long as I can remember I’ve had the same dream at least four times a year, for at least 12 years. The dream involves hitler.

So I have a medical device in my body (this is relevant) .

In this dream I am in a room surrounded by nazis and a doctor, he’s a short man with round glasses . They are talking and say “we can’t start til he is here, he will want to see this” . In the pit of my stomach I know who he is (hitler) . I’m on my side and the doctor uses what can only be described as a corkscrew, and starts twisting it into my lower spine (where in real life my device is). I can feel the pain but can’t scream. Just as I’m about to pass out the door opens and everyone stands to attention. I then wake up.

As I said I’ve had this dream for years. I can’t watch anything to do with hitler or nazis etc. I went to the Anne frank museum and didn’t realise there was an Auschwitz section, I froze and couldn’t move, I felt sick and was shaking, my then boyfriend (now fiancĂ©) had to take me by the hand and get me out of there. Once I was outside I was back to normal.

As I said I’ve had this dream for years and years until I went to Berlin. I went to Berlin in 2016 and haven’t had the dream since.

Sorry it’s so long but I can’t explain it!

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 43
Off of Fortean Times;

Now this didn't actually happen to me, but my Uncle. I've been a bit of a lurker here, but heard this great story at the weekend, and thought you might be interested to hear it. So here it is posted with my Uncle's permission (albeit with names removed).

My Uncle was a Special Constable (volunteer policeman) for most of the '90s, and this happened in 1995. Him and his partner received a call to a quiet, middle class housing scheme of modern (1970s built) houses. It was early summer and late in the afternoon so still daylight. The report was that a woman had been found dead in her home; it's common in Scotland that the police are called to all "unexplained" deaths and will make a report on the death. Only a tiny fraction of these deaths become classified as "suspicious" and merit any further police investigation.

On arriving at the house they met the paramedics who were just getting ready to leave. The paramedics told my uncle and his partner that the death was of a 62 year old woman, who was found dead in the upstairs bedroom. The paramedics thought that it had been some form of embolism or haemorrhage but that the duty doctor had been called to formally confirm death. The paramedics told my Uncle and his partner that the family were downstairs in the lounge, and now that my Uncle and his partner had arrived they would go.

My Uncle and his partner then went into the house, which my uncle described as a normal semi detached suburban home. They went and spoke to the family and established that the woman lived alone (her two sons were grown up but lived nearby) and had been due to return from holiday late the previous night. Both her sons and her neice (who my Uncle thought looked about 17/18) had called the woman a number of times during the day, and having had no answer had gone round that afternoon and let themselves in. They had discovered the woman dead and phoned the ambulance.

My Uncle's partner stayed downstairs with the family, while my Uncle went upstairs to investigate the scene further. There were three bedrooms upstairs, the first had the door open and contained nothing of much interest. My Uncle noted that the house was very clean and well maintained; the woman was obviously houseproud. He then opened the door to the smallest bedroom, inside were two packed suitcases. He assumed that the woman arrived home late the previous night and left the suitcases in the spare bedroom intending to unpack them the next day.

Leaving the spare room he was startled to see a woman standing by the (closed) master bedroom door on the other side of the landing looking at him. He described the woman as older, grey haired, tall and well dressed in a grey wool jacket and skirt. She was looking at him with an expression of confusion on her face. My Uncle didn't think anyone else was up the stairs and was initially startled but naturally assumed this was a relative. He said something along the lines of "Sorry to have disturbed you, I didn't realise there was anyone else up here". The woman continued to look at him with a confused expression, but he assumed that as a relative she would naturally be confused by a sudden death. At that point the doorbell wrang and assuming (correctly) it was the duty doctor he said "I'll have to go get that", the woman continued to look at him but slowly nodded.

My Uncle answered the door to the duty doctor (a young man he has met before), after bringing him into the lounge for introductions he took him upstairs to the master bedroom while the partner continued to wait with the family downstairs. As my Uncle went up the stairs with the doctor he noted that the landing was now empty and assumed that the woman must have gone downstairs. Upon entering the master bedroom, however, he was shocked to see that the dead woman in the bed was the same woman he had just seen on the landing! Fortunately he was standing behind the doctor who didn't see the look of shock on his face.

While the doctor was doing the examination he managed to compose himself and told himself that they couldn't possibly be the same woman and that he must have seen a sister or a cousin who bore a strong resemblance.

The doctor officially pronounced death, and stated that it did indeed seem to be a haemorrhage or embolism, but this would be cofirmed by an autopsy. They then both went downstairs and the doctor discussed the arrangements for the body being collected before leaving.

My Uncle didn't see anyone in the lounge who looked like the woman he saw on the landing and asked the family where the older woman that was upstairs was. The family looked confused and said that there was no older woman there and that none of the friends or family had been upstairs since the police arrived. Very shocked, but with nothing else to do, my Uncle then left with his partner.

In the car my Uncle's partner asked why he had been asking about an older woman -reluctantly my Uncle explained. His partner at this time was an older, very serious, career officer and he expected to be the butt of every joke in the station for weeks to come. The partner though just slowly nodded his head and said "Aye, you see some weird sh*t in this job". He never mentioned it again to my Uncle or (to the best of his knowledge) anybody else.

After this story I asked my Uncle what had happened afterwards. He said that the autopsy has confirmed the woman died of natural causes and that their police report simply stated that there appeared to be no signs of any disturbance, and no evidence that anyone else had been present at the time of death.

I've tried to summarise my Uncle's story here. I did ask him more about his sighting of the woman and he said that she just seemed like a "normal" person - she wasn't transparent or blurry or anything and he felt no cold spots or feeling of unease.

• Wow
Reactions: 53
Off of Fortean Times;

Now this didn't actually happen to me, but my Uncle. I've been a bit of a lurker here, but heard this great story at the weekend, and thought you might be interested to hear it. So here it is posted with my Uncle's permission (albeit with names removed).

My Uncle was a Special Constable (volunteer policeman) for most of the '90s, and this happened in 1995. Him and his partner received a call to a quiet, middle class housing scheme of modern (1970s built) houses. It was early summer and late in the afternoon so still daylight. The report was that a woman had been found dead in her home; it's common in Scotland that the police are called to all "unexplained" deaths and will make a report on the death. Only a tiny fraction of these deaths become classified as "suspicious" and merit any further police investigation.

On arriving at the house they met the paramedics who were just getting ready to leave. The paramedics told my uncle and his partner that the death was of a 62 year old woman, who was found dead in the upstairs bedroom. The paramedics thought that it had been some form of embolism or haemorrhage but that the duty doctor had been called to formally confirm death. The paramedics told my Uncle and his partner that the family were downstairs in the lounge, and now that my Uncle and his partner had arrived they would go.

My Uncle and his partner then went into the house, which my uncle described as a normal semi detached suburban home. They went and spoke to the family and established that the woman lived alone (her two sons were grown up but lived nearby) and had been due to return from holiday late the previous night. Both her sons and her neice (who my Uncle thought looked about 17/18) had called the woman a number of times during the day, and having had no answer had gone round that afternoon and let themselves in. They had discovered the woman dead and phoned the ambulance.

My Uncle's partner stayed downstairs with the family, while my Uncle went upstairs to investigate the scene further. There were three bedrooms upstairs, the first had the door open and contained nothing of much interest. My Uncle noted that the house was very clean and well maintained; the woman was obviously houseproud. He then opened the door to the smallest bedroom, inside were two packed suitcases. He assumed that the woman arrived home late the previous night and left the suitcases in the spare bedroom intending to unpack them the next day.

Leaving the spare room he was startled to see a woman standing by the (closed) master bedroom door on the other side of the landing looking at him. He described the woman as older, grey haired, tall and well dressed in a grey wool jacket and skirt. She was looking at him with an expression of confusion on her face. My Uncle didn't think anyone else was up the stairs and was initially startled but naturally assumed this was a relative. He said something along the lines of "Sorry to have disturbed you, I didn't realise there was anyone else up here". The woman continued to look at him with a confused expression, but he assumed that as a relative she would naturally be confused by a sudden death. At that point the doorbell wrang and assuming (correctly) it was the duty doctor he said "I'll have to go get that", the woman continued to look at him but slowly nodded.

My Uncle answered the door to the duty doctor (a young man he has met before), after bringing him into the lounge for introductions he took him upstairs to the master bedroom while the partner continued to wait with the family downstairs. As my Uncle went up the stairs with the doctor he noted that the landing was now empty and assumed that the woman must have gone downstairs. Upon entering the master bedroom, however, he was shocked to see that the dead woman in the bed was the same woman he had just seen on the landing! Fortunately he was standing behind the doctor who didn't see the look of shock on his face.

While the doctor was doing the examination he managed to compose himself and told himself that they couldn't possibly be the same woman and that he must have seen a sister or a cousin who bore a strong resemblance.

The doctor officially pronounced death, and stated that it did indeed seem to be a haemorrhage or embolism, but this would be cofirmed by an autopsy. They then both went downstairs and the doctor discussed the arrangements for the body being collected before leaving.

My Uncle didn't see anyone in the lounge who looked like the woman he saw on the landing and asked the family where the older woman that was upstairs was. The family looked confused and said that there was no older woman there and that none of the friends or family had been upstairs since the police arrived. Very shocked, but with nothing else to do, my Uncle then left with his partner.

In the car my Uncle's partner asked why he had been asking about an older woman -reluctantly my Uncle explained. His partner at this time was an older, very serious, career officer and he expected to be the butt of every joke in the station for weeks to come. The partner though just slowly nodded his head and said "Aye, you see some weird sh*t in this job". He never mentioned it again to my Uncle or (to the best of his knowledge) anybody else.

After this story I asked my Uncle what had happened afterwards. He said that the autopsy has confirmed the woman died of natural causes and that their police report simply stated that there appeared to be no signs of any disturbance, and no evidence that anyone else had been present at the time of death.

I've tried to summarise my Uncle's story here. I did ask him more about his sighting of the woman and he said that she just seemed like a "normal" person - she wasn't transparent or blurry or anything and he felt no cold spots or feeling of unease.

Thanks for this. I can't imagine how I'd react if I was your uncle! Scary!

• Wow
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.