True ghost stories 👻

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
@Pesky Tarian those are the exact type of things that I experience!
Goodness! Is there a thread for that!? Would like to hear others experiences. I'm aware that this thread is for ghostly things though so sorry I don't have anything supernatural to share.

On a side note I've been texting my friend a bit who i mentioned had the rental and she told me she latterly found the children's graves and took flowers and they were buried with the father, that just really floored me.

Reactions: 4
I just love this thread but sadly don’t have a story of my own.
I do think places hold energy which sometimes can’t be dispersed in the usual way when someone dies, particularly if the circumstances are less than peaceful.
A family member who works in a hospital has had weird experiences in the ‘recovery’ areas of operating theatres.

Reactions: 9
ill try keep this short. i worked in a nursery until before xmas that was in an old victorian primary school (still had boys written in stone on one side and girls in the other, one of the old School Board of Glasgow buildings), we only used one floor the upper and lower floors looked abandoned as there use to be other companies. i was only sessional and still at college so they would have me in when they needed cover or to do cleaning if the cleaners were off. i was doing one half of the floor and another sessional girl was doing the other half. i was in the kids bathroom mopping (it always had a creepy feeling and id try to clean it quickly) and walking backwards and felt my elbow gently nudge someone so i turned around to say sorry as i thought it was the other girl, and no one was there! finished and got out of there fast 😂

a nursery teacher i worked with was doing the cleaning alone one night down at reception and she said the phone rang and thought why would the parents call at this time past 6.30pm (nursery closed at 5.30pm), and she went to answer and on the wee screen it said rainbow room. it was from one of the play rooms so she went and checked and no one there!

the caretaker has worked there for years and lives below in just under a couple of the childrens rooms and he and his wife can always hear kids running about at night time but they dont mind. and he was telling us about a 'blue nun' who roams the top floor.

i wish i knew more about the history and ghosts, i know alot of people have stories from there personally i have only had that 1 experience.

• Wow
Reactions: 17
I just love this thread but sadly don’t have a story of my own.
I do think places hold energy which sometimes can’t be dispersed in the usual way when someone dies, particularly if the circumstances are less than peaceful.
A family member who works in a hospital has had weird experiences in the ‘recovery’ areas of operating theatres.
Did they share what those experiences were?

Reactions: 2
I totally believe in houses/places/spaces having energy of a past presence.

We once rented a house owned by the church. I absolutely hated it there, hated being there alone at night, always felt watched and uncomfortable. I don't scare easily, I've got a ouija board that I didn't dare use there, we've been on ghost hunts etc. but that house had such an weird feeling I can't even explain it.

My husband went up in the attic to store some stuff. It had been prepped and converted ready to use as an extra floor but not quite finished. He found a load of bibles in a box and a black bag full of empty vodka bottles. Very odd we thought.

I joked that it was haunted by a rogue dead vicar and that explained all the vodka and bibles... one day some mail came addressed to someone else. I assumed the previous Tennants. So using the name on the mail I went on good old Facebook to do some stalking. Turns out I was pretty accurate in my thoughts. On a woman's page I found pics of the previous Tennant (her father) who was indeed both a vicar and dead . It was 100% him because I recognised the background of the room he was stood in as our living room. It hadn't been decorated for many years and still had the same curtain poles/wallpaper

The estate agent only mentioned one little old lady having lived there by herself for about 20 years until she moved into sheltered accommodation. The neighbours confirmed this.

To say I was glad to move out was an understatement 😄

Reactions: 7
I totally believe in houses/places/spaces having energy of a past presence.

We once rented a house owned by the church. I absolutely hated it there, hated being there alone at night, always felt watched and uncomfortable. I don't scare easily, I've got a ouija board that I didn't dare use there, we've been on ghost hunts etc. but that house had such an weird feeling I can't even explain it.

My husband went up in the attic to store some stuff. It had been prepped and converted ready to use as an extra floor but not quite finished. He found a load of bibles in a box and a black bag full of empty vodka bottles. Very odd we thought.

I joked that it was haunted by a rogue dead vicar and that explained all the vodka and bibles... one day some mail came addressed to someone else. I assumed the previous Tennants. So using the name on the mail I went on good old Facebook to do some stalking. Turns out I was pretty accurate in my thoughts. On a woman's page I found pics of the previous Tennant (her father) who was indeed both a vicar and dead . It was 100% him because I recognised the background of the room he was stood in as our living room. It hadn't been decorated for many years and still had the same curtain poles/wallpaper

The estate agent only mentioned one little old lady having lived there by herself for about 20 years until she moved into sheltered accommodation. The neighbours confirmed this.

To say I was glad to move out was an understatement 😄
Forgot to add that someone had detached the pull-down ladder from the attic hatch for some reason. My husband fixed it so we could go up and down to access our stuff. Shortly afterwards we'd come home and the hatch would be wide open. Or we'd be in bed and the hatch door would lift and pull and bang, as if a force was pulling it from the inside. Husband is a lot more rational than me ( and an engineer) so he checked it over, checked it for drafts etc and he just couldn't explain why it was happening. Whatever was up there really didn't like us putting our stuff in their space!

• Wow
Reactions: 13
Forgot to add that someone had detached the pull-down ladder from the attic hatch for some reason. My husband fixed it so we could go up and down to access our stuff. Shortly afterwards we'd come home and the hatch would be wide open. Or we'd be in bed and the hatch door would lift and pull and bang, as if a force was pulling it from the inside. Husband is a lot more rational than me ( and an engineer) so he checked it over, checked it for drafts etc and he just couldn't explain why it was happening. Whatever was up there really didn't like us putting our stuff in their space!
Ffs!
My loft hatch is in my bedroom! 😂
I have always had a problem with loft hatches
With mine though it has a lock and a key that hangs down
Like to think you can’t get out if it’s locked as the catch goes into a bit of tight wood if that makes sense so if anyone was up there they couldn’t turn it !

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Ffs!
Like to think you can’t get out if it’s locked as the catch goes into a bit of tight wood if that makes sense so if anyone was up there they couldn’t turn it !
It was the most freaky experience ever. It would happen about once a month, in all weathers 😳😳 there was a big window up there too, on the wall at the front of the house. When the moon was full it would align perfectly, it was as if the window was placed there on purpose 🧙‍♀️🌛 the house was on a hill so you could look right out into the distance

oh no I couldn't, I'd be looking at it all the time after my previous experience 😄 I'm sure yours isn't haunted you'd probably know about it by now👻

• Wow
Reactions: 5
Ffs!
We have a big attic and when it's windy it seems to create some sort of vacuum and slide the loft hatch back (not spooky only happens when windy). Last week I was hoovering and looked up to see it verrrry slowly sliding back. I stood there for a full minute fully expecting the ghost child from the Grudge to appear 🤣

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 19
We have a big attic and when it's windy it seems to create some sort of vacuum and slide the loft hatch back (not spooky only happens when windy). Last week I was hoovering and looked up to see it verrrry slowly sliding back. I stood there for a full minute fully expecting the ghost child from the Grudge to appear 🤣
I thought it was down to weather but it used to just start anyway 😵💫 my husband works nights and I think he thought I was making it all up until he saw it for himself 😄

Reactions: 3
It was the most freaky experience ever. It would happen about once a month, in all weathers 😳😳 there was a big window up there too, on the wall at the front of the house. When the moon was full it would align perfectly, it was as if the window was placed there on purpose 🧙‍♀️🌛 the house was on a hill so you could look right out into the distance

oh no I couldn't, I'd be looking at it all the time after my previous experience 😄 I'm sure yours isn't haunted you'd probably know about it by now👻
That house does sound lovely though got to admit
Must be lovely looking out that window 😍
I just hate loft hatches so much
Hate that it’s in my bedroom sooo much
I often had fears coming home and finding someone hanging from it
Or I used to think someone lived up there and would come down when was out

Reactions: 4
We could have bought it cheap but I refused I got out as soon as I could 😱 I totally get that I'd be exactly the same 😄

Reactions: 2
Our loft hatch does exactly the same. It's made me jump more than once :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: 3
I can relate to this. In my previous house I had a loft hatch in my bedroom. The main one was on the landing, but this spare loft hatch, I would lie in bed and imagine all sorts of scenarios. Awful really, scaring ourselves to death! 😂

In the 9 years I lived there, nothing untoward ever happened with my loft hatch. 😂 But my imagination ran riot. 😂

Reactions: 6
I work in a hospital and our office is on a disused older peoples ward in a really old building. Apart from our team, no one is there outside the house of 9-5 and we’re there 7-7. I’ve heard reports of creepy going’s on up there such as people hearing their names being called. I was leaving the office a few weeks ago and glanced down the corridor to see something black dart into a room. My physical reaction (heart pounding, shaking) told me it wasn’t just my eyes playing tricks on me.

This morning, the cleaner came to show me a photograph she’s been sent by one of the porters. He’d been asked to attend the ward as someone had reported a light being on. He captured a photo of a black figure which was in the same place I’d seen something. He took it at 2 minutes to midnight.

When everyone left at 5 this evening, I was was hearing doors close and the doorbell ringing. I was too scared to leave the office to see if anyone was there! Not looking forward to my next shift there!

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
Did they share what those experiences were?
Jusr a real feeling of unease that they didn’t want to be alone in there, and other staff felt the same. My family member goes all over the hospital and while there are some bits which scare her a bit (on evening shifts the corridors to storage have light sensors so she feels them switching off behind her and her imagination goes into overdrive!) but the recovery area is where she feels something isn’t as it should be.

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.