True ghost stories šŸ‘»

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I would start by having a deep clean and declutter, lots of light and fresh air. Burn candles, make it feel happy and homely and bring back some positive energy from you and the kids. Laughter etc.
Thank you Iā€™ll give it a try.

Reactions: 2
When my mum's former boyfriend died suddenly in the mid-1980s and I was just a toddler who didn't really know him or have a connection of my own, apparently one day I pointed to an empty corner of the room and said "man" like someone was there.

My mum is not a believer in supernatural stuff or into flights of fancy at all, and there has never been another incident like that before or since so I do wonder if I did see something that day, even though I'm a sceptic myself! It is just so random otherwise.

Reactions: 3
When I was a kid I used to go to my Auntie's house during the school holidays where she looked after me. When I was 10 I was sitting in the front room with my aunt when I saw my grandmother walk past the window towards the front door. My Aunt jumped up and went to the door. She came back into the front room and I said 'Is Nana here?' to which my Aunt said 'You saw her to?' .... My Nana had died a couple of months previously.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
Yvette Fielding is doing a weekly podcast on ghosts and topics within it, posted every thursday I believe. In each podcast a listener narrates their real life experience. Yvette does like to go on a bit but I do enjoy listening to viewers stories and even Yvettes whether they're real or fake

Reactions: 7
Yvette Fielding is doing a weekly podcast on ghosts and topics within it, posted every thursday I believe. In each podcast a listener narrates their real life experience. Yvette does like to go on a bit but I do enjoy listening to viewers stories and even Yvettes whether they're real or fake
I used to love 'Most Haunted' when it first started. The first couple of series were great. Even Derek was good. As usual though it went on about 5 series too long.

Reactions: 9
When anything big is happening in our family we see a ladybird. It started happening when my maternal gran died. We always greet it as if it's her šŸ’—šŸž
I love this! ā¤ I know it sounds weird but I have always loved ladybirds and so does my daughter and I believe we have a spiritual connection to them.
Once when I was broody and wishing for another child I would research names and I came across a website called Name echo where it explains that every name has a spirit animal. Mine is an alligator! :D
Well I loved one name (for a girl) and the spirit animal was a ladybird and just to check if my intuition was playing tricks on me I asked the universe to send me a sign.
When I went outside a ladybird landed on my chest next to my heart (I have a heart defect) but I took it to be a sign of love and protection?
Also a message that (my spirit baby because I believe in those and have had one previously) was listening to me and wanted to communicate?
Also I remember the summer 2 years ago whenever I went into the garden with my daughter we always used to see ladybirds and that made her very happy!
Once she was coming back from the park with her father and she started crying because she wanted to see a ladybird.
Then as if from out of nowhere from the sky came a ladybird and it landed on her and even my husband who is quite the sceptic said it's the universe it's answering her?
I would like to think so because she is my spirit baby and I was visited by her (in an outline of a spirit form) before I conceived her?
I also believe that the universe answered my prayers because I was reading a book which I believe contained a lot of spiritual power before her conception and I made a wish for a baby and whenever I read a certain passage in the book I would see a very strong pink light (I took it to be love not yet manifested but coming my way) and yes shortly after I did conceive her?
So although this is not connected to ghosts I do believe in a higher power that if we are receptive to it wants to communicate? Also the power of manifestation?
Ghosts and spirits are with us though I believe this?
Another time years ago before I realised the severity of my heart defect (which I had to have surgery for) I also had a strange experience when I woke up in the middle of the night and saw a figure in a dark hood (I honestly believe it was death or old crone or a grim reaper type figure) but strangely enough I was not scared and said so.
This figure then came to my side of the bed and put their hands over my heart and pressed it then suddenly I was flooded with a powerful golden light which gave power and life and energy to that area and I went back to sleep quite peaceful.
I took it to mean that I was visited by death ( maybe of the ego or limitations) but because I was not scared I was given a reprieve and actually given the gift of both protection and blessed by a higher energy?
I know it sounds bizarre and maybe I am rationalising things but I think it was almost a spiritual near death experience but I passed the test and help came my way instead?
I have had many experiences some of them scary some of them benign and helpful and all of them trying to communicate something?
Maybe being alert and receptive and open minded and having faith is a lesson in itself? I would like to think so?

• Heart
Reactions: 12
We have what Iā€™ve not thought of as a ā€œghostā€ at home (140 yr old house) more the houseā€™s memory. Thinking someone has walked into the kitchen out of the corner of your eye (through the old back door) or the sound of plates etc being moved in the kitchen. It doesnā€™t bother us. However Iā€™ve had flooring put down these last 2 days & the blokes doing it weā€™re terrified. They saw someone walk through the door, a box shelf fell off the wall on to one of them, a book fell of the top shelf & slammed on the floor when they were on the other side of the room. I told them the ghost mustnā€™t like them šŸ˜‚
Comforting to know who/whatever we see & hear likes us though. Just not tradespeople šŸ™ˆ
I find it hard enough getting some tradesmen here ordinarily - I live in a 300 year old cottage - blooming glad my house is not haunted. šŸ¤£

• Haha
Reactions: 4
So glad I found this thread. I have been able to ā€˜feelā€™ energies of house and objects since I was very young (thatā€™s a whole lotta other stories) and itā€™s only since Iā€™ve gotten older that Iā€™ve experienced apparitions, mostly of which have been corner of your eye stuff and nothing full on, until June 2019. Background; My friend had hired a log cabin type place for the weekend, which was in Athelington, in depths of Suffolk to celebrate her birthday. There were 5 of us going, however I had come down unwell with a chest and ear infection the week before and decided not to stay for the weekend but to go for a day and head home later.
Anyway we had a great day, they had all been drinking (I was on medication so couldnā€™t) so I drove my friend to Eye (about 15mins away along a typical country road) to get fish and chips for dinner. After dinner they all had a few more drinks and jumped into the hot tub and as it was approaching twilight I felt it was an appropriate time to start my journey home as it was a least a 2 hour drive.
I am not bad at following a sat nav but hate not knowing a familiar road, but from my earlier journey to the fish and chip shop, I roughly knew what sort of roads I was going down. I put the sat nav on, connected my phone, had my favourite tunes blasting away and was actually enjoying the road and country views as the sun was going down, I was aware that a tight corner was approaching, which was quite overgrown on both sides of the narrow road and slowed down. Now this next bit is hard to describe as it literally happened so fast and lasted for mere seconds. As I came out of the bend, I saw in the middle of the road, straight in front of me, a large horse upon which sat a man wearing a military uniform and a large hat with a feather in it. I hit the horse and man, just as my brain told my feet to brake and I felt a wave of coldness pass through me, as my car passed through them and as it did, every single piece of electrical equipment in my car died, my lights, my music, sat nav etc, it all went off! I looked in my rear view mirror, there was nothing there!! You couldnā€™t miss a large horse and man directly in front of you, I know what I saw, I can still see them in my minds eye today, but they just vanished into thin air like smoke? I was now panicking and completely freaked out, nothing apart from the engine worked in the car, the sun was rapidly going down and I had just driven through a horse!!!!!!!!!!!
Not completely sure of where I was but faintly recognising the road from the earlier visit to get Fish and Chips, I carried on driving, completely freaked out and not wanting to stop in the middle of nowhere to see if I could get anything working on my car until I reached the outskirts of Eye and a few houses. I calmed myself down, switched off the engine and when I turned it back on everything in the car sprang back into life. I started to shake! What had just happened to me? Had it really happened? Why had the electrics failed? I knew something for sure and that was that I wanted to be as far away from there as possible.
To this day it still gives me chills to think of, I have tried looking up any battles in the local area and have found a picture of The Loyal Suffolk Hussars Yeomanary, the first one in the picture is quite similar to the man I saw on the horse.

Attachments

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 52
I know this thread is for ghost stories and I donā€™t wish to derail it, but does anyone else have any with experiencing feelings or energy in objects or buildings/houses? The earliest example I can think of for me was on holiday in Greece when I was younger l (9/10yrs old) I found a small grey pebble with really odd markings on, as if someone had drawn the outline of a small girl on it, but it wasnā€™t drawn on, it was part of the make up of the stone. I was really pleased with my find and popped it in my pocket and took it back to our holiday home. That night, I had the worst feeling, as if I was drowning, I actually woke up chocking, gasping for air and feeling that I was swallowing water, it was so loud, my mum who was in a bedroom across the hall came to check on me. I tried to explain it to my mum but sheā€™s said as we had been to the beach Iā€™d probably just had a bit of a nightmare. I didnā€™t think any more of it until the next night, the dreams were worse and I woke to a feeling that there was someone at the end of the bed! Even at a young age I knew that this ā€˜someoneā€™ wasnā€™t a person and the feeling of utter evilness I felt will haunt me until my dying day šŸ˜¢ I knew it was to do with the stone and that I had to return it to water. Too scared to call out to my parents and shaking with fear, I hid under my blanket reciting the Lordā€™s Prayer over and over until I must have fallen asleep as the next thing my mum was waking me up. I took the stone with me that day and threw it back in the sea whilst we were on a boat trip and the bad dreams, feeling of drowning and evil figure did not return that night or for the rest of the holiday. I have many more experiences since then, both good and bad, however Iā€™ve shared too much today and stirred up memories I really didnā€™t want to. I hope you donā€™t think Iā€™m weird or a crackpot and look forward to hearing some of your stories x

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 45
I know this thread is for ghost stories and I donā€™t wish to derail it, but does anyone else have any with experiencing feelings or energy in objects or buildings/houses? The earliest example I can think of for me was on holiday in Greece when I was younger l (9/10yrs old) I found a small grey pebble with really odd markings on, as if someone had drawn the outline of a small girl on it, but it wasnā€™t drawn on, it was part of the make up of the stone. I was really pleased with my find and popped it in my pocket and took it back to our holiday home. That night, I had the worst feeling, as if I was drowning, I actually woke up chocking, gasping for air and feeling that I was swallowing water, it was so loud, my mum who was in a bedroom across the hall came to check on me. I tried to explain it to my mum but sheā€™s said as we had been to the beach Iā€™d probably just had a bit of a nightmare. I didnā€™t think any more of it until the next night, the dreams were worse and I woke to a feeling that there was someone at the end of the bed! Even at a young age I knew that this ā€˜someoneā€™ wasnā€™t a person and the feeling of utter evilness I felt will haunt me until my dying day šŸ˜¢ I knew it was to do with the stone and that I had to return it to water. Too scared to call out to my parents and shaking with fear, I hid under my blanket reciting the Lordā€™s Prayer over and over until I must have fallen asleep as the next thing my mum was waking me up. I took the stone with me that day and threw it back in the sea whilst we were on a boat trip and the bad dreams, feeling of drowning and evil figure did not return that night or for the rest of the holiday. I have many more experiences since then, both good and bad, however Iā€™ve shared too much today and stirred up memories I really didnā€™t want to. I hope you donā€™t think Iā€™m weird or a crackpot and look forward to hearing some of your stories x
All experiences are welcome. These things are real to us when we experience them, itā€™s just often hard to convince others because they have not.

It sounds like something you found very traumatic hence still remembering it so clearly.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
@Tharsheblows I can relate to what you mean about energy and places. I think I posted earlier I've always been "spooky", so was my mum and 2 of my kids are. I also have that sense of something at the corner of my eye, especially in the house we live in now. My husband used to get so weirded out by me saying "somethings going to happen" then we'd get a call or whatever. Sometimes I know who it will be about. There's so much I could say but it's just normal to me now. One of my kids is quite frightened by the feelings so ignores them.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I absolutely hated when we were house hunting the vibes i would get from places. Viewed one very nice albeit chintzy house and immediately felt unwelcome, the son was showing us around and said his mum loved the house wouldn't go in to a home etc, tells us she fell down the stairs and died there. Not our forever home.
Another was a family home immaculate, lovely decor but felt really 'off' looked all around got to the bathroom at the back, the (only lockable) door was covered in first sized holes, my stomach lurched such a horrid sensation šŸ˜”
I agree that places definitely have energy.

• Wow
Reactions: 14
I absolutely hated when we were house hunting the vibes i would get from places. Viewed one very nice albeit chintzy house and immediately felt unwelcome, the son was showing us around and said his mum loved the house wouldn't go in to a home etc, tells us she fell down the stairs and died there. Not our forever home.
Another was a family home immaculate, lovely decor but felt really 'off' looked all around got to the bathroom at the back, the (only lockable) door was covered in first sized holes, my stomach lurched such a horrid sensation šŸ˜”
I agree that places definitely have energy.
Totally agree about properties having energy, I don't like our current rental property it has a strange atmosphere about it somethings just not right, I hate being alone there after dark, my husband works very long hours so I'm home alone a lot I never feel easy there when it's dark. I spent a whole night on my own never again there were noises etc all night. I definately have felt a presence on more than one occasion to be honest I can't wait to move

• Sad
Reactions: 16
My old flat was weird it felt nice during the day, but at night horrid.
The hall way just always felt off all the time. I always felt like someone was going to run out of the toilet at me or up the stairs. Absolutely detested being there on my own at nigjt.

• Sad
Reactions: 11
Iā€™ve posted before that my previous house had an awful feeling to it.. I felt it during the viewing but went ahead anyway as I thought the house just needed renovating. We redid the house top to bottom but I couldnā€™t shake the feeling of dread and fear in that house.. it would disappear the second I left the front door which made it more obvious. You would feel watched while downstairs so I used to run to bed every night but then there was a shadow figure in the bedroom one night.. horrific. The worst of it was felt on the stairs/upper landing. I lasted 12 months there.. when I viewed my home now it immediately felt home and super light/airy and happy.

• Wow
Reactions: 16
I remember in my paternal grandparents house I went downstairs to get some water and it must have been late night/early morning and their kitchen was right next to the stairs, as I went to go back up the stairs I saw a pair of army boots cross the landing and go into the bathroom. I remember standing there just staring and hoping that I could go to bed without them following me and thinking maybe I had imagined it. I didn't say anything for ages but a couple of months later I mentioned it to my auntie and she said that she had seen them when she was younger but hadn't seen the boots for years so we guessed it must just be a recurring thing

• Wow
Reactions: 11
Iā€™ve posted before that my previous house had an awful feeling to it.. I felt it during the viewing but went ahead anyway as I thought the house just needed renovating. We redid the house top to bottom but I couldnā€™t shake the feeling of dread and fear in that house.. it would disappear the second I left the front door which made it more obvious. You would feel watched while downstairs so I used to run to bed every night but then there was a shadow figure in the bedroom one night.. horrific. The worst of it was felt on the stairs/upper landing. I lasted 12 months there.. when I viewed my home now it immediately felt home and super light/airy and happy.
I wonder did anybody experiencing these feelings do any research to see if anything particularly bad happened at the property or would you rather not know?

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.