True ghost stories šŸ‘»

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Many years ago, our beautiful family cat passed away suddenly.

A couple of days later, I woke up in the middle of the night to use the loo. On the way, I saw our beloved cat stood looking at me right between my bedroom door and the toilet door. I was still half asleep and her death just didnā€™t register with me in my sleepy state, so I just whispered ā€˜hi, babyā€™ and went to the toilet and back to bed.

When I woke up the next morning, I remembered what Iā€™d seen but didnā€™t tell anyone. A few days after this, out of nowhere my brother confessed he had felt our cat jump on him a few days prior in the middle of the night - his quilt had sunken in on top of him and when he looked up, she was lay on him staring at his face as she always would. We realised it was the exact same night that I had saw her stood outside my door and roughly the same time.

We are fully convinced she came back to us one last time and Iā€™m so glad she did ā¤
Love this xx

• Heart
Reactions: 8
We have what Iā€™ve not thought of as a ā€œghostā€ at home (140 yr old house) more the houseā€™s memory. Thinking someone has walked into the kitchen out of the corner of your eye (through the old back door) or the sound of plates etc being moved in the kitchen. It doesnā€™t bother us. However Iā€™ve had flooring put down these last 2 days & the blokes doing it weā€™re terrified. They saw someone walk through the door, a box shelf fell off the wall on to one of them, a book fell of the top shelf & slammed on the floor when they were on the other side of the room. I told them the ghost mustnā€™t like them šŸ˜‚
Comforting to know who/whatever we see & hear likes us though. Just not tradespeople šŸ™ˆ
Have you considered somethings buried under the floor and thatā€™s what the ghost is bothered about, them poking about? šŸ˜± girl I bet you got bodies down there

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Sorry not ghosty but what i do get a lot is knowing when things are going to happen anyone else experience this?

My house is in a graveyard and have never felt anything but peace here. I did go see a physchic once who read all the room but me.. then took me aside at the end and said you could do this if you wanted!! Scared the bejezuz out of me. So possibly something I subconsciously block out lol.

• Wow
Reactions: 12
We have what Iā€™ve not thought of as a ā€œghostā€ at home (140 yr old house) more the houseā€™s memory. Thinking someone has walked into the kitchen out of the corner of your eye (through the old back door) or the sound of plates etc being moved in the kitchen. It doesnā€™t bother us. However Iā€™ve had flooring put down these last 2 days & the blokes doing it weā€™re terrified. They saw someone walk through the door, a box shelf fell off the wall on to one of them, a book fell of the top shelf & slammed on the floor when they were on the other side of the room. I told them the ghost mustnā€™t like them šŸ˜‚
Comforting to know who/whatever we see & hear likes us though. Just not tradespeople šŸ™ˆ
They might be thrown by the changes to the house.

Sorry not ghosty but what i do get a lot is knowing when things are going to happen anyone else experience this?
I do. I have a good instinct.

Reactions: 2
They might be thrown by the changes to the house.

I do. I have a good instinct.

My house is in a graveyard and have never felt anything but peace here. I did go see a physchic once who read all the room but me.. then took me aside at the end and said you could do this if you wanted!! Scared the bejezuz out of me. So possibly something I subconsciously block out lol.
I consider myself intuitive, but I find itā€™s something that canā€™t always be forced. People always dismiss 6th sense and psychics as a joke, saying things like ā€˜oh you didnā€™t see that coming thenā€™ but I find I canā€™t control what I see/feel and when? I canā€™t just turn it in and off. If I consciously try and do it it doesnā€™t work, but it comes to me naturally as and when. Do any of you feel like this?

Reactions: 14
I consider myself intuitive, but I find itā€™s something that canā€™t always be forced. People always dismiss 6th sense and psychics as a joke, saying things like ā€˜oh you didnā€™t see that coming thenā€™ but I find I canā€™t control what I see/feel and when? I canā€™t just turn it in and off. If I consciously try and do it it doesnā€™t work, but it comes to me naturally as and when. Do any of you feel like this?
I donā€™t really get premonitions but I think Iā€™m a good judge of people. I know if someone is a twit, even if everyone else around me thinks they arenā€™t! Then later down the line it transpires I was right šŸ˜†.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I donā€™t really get premonitions but I think Iā€™m a good judge of people. I know if someone is a twit, even if everyone else around me thinks they arenā€™t! Then later down the line it transpires I was right šŸ˜†.
My twatometer is very sensitive too!

• Haha
Reactions: 13

I'm quite spooky/intuitive that way, so was my mum and 2 of my children are too. One of them hates it and is quite weirded out by it.

Reactions: 7
I'm quite spooky/intuitive that way, so was my mum and 2 of my children are too. One of them hates it and is quite weirded out by it.
Even my hardcore Christian mother who strongly condemns all things spooky admits me and her have a special intuition!

Reactions: 5
I definitely believe and have had quite a few experiences, it just makes me sad that not all of us really see or feel our loved ones until we pass, which is a long time šŸ’”

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I had a strange experience last night. Iā€™m having difficulty sleeping & have been for a fair few months, last night I was finally dropping off around 2am when I heard a knock on my bedroom door, it was definitely a knock, my kids knock on my door regularly especially in the mornings if Iā€™m getting ready so I know the sound, I reluctantly got up, checked the kids all asleep, my daughter has a stuffed toy in her room, she asked me tonight if I had sat it up, I hadnā€™t & nobody else has been in her room, she then went onto to tell me after our cat passed away she would lie in her bed & feel a weight on either her shoulder or her feet, our cat always slept with my daughter either on her shoulder or by her feet, she hasnā€™t had the sensation for a while, said she didnā€™t feel scared but quite at ease & comforted.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I had a strange experience last night. Iā€™m having difficulty sleeping & have been for a fair few months, last night I was finally dropping off around 2am when I heard a knock on my bedroom door, it was definitely a knock, my kids knock on my door regularly especially in the mornings if Iā€™m getting ready so I know the sound, I reluctantly got up, checked the kids all asleep, my daughter has a stuffed toy in her room, she asked me tonight if I had sat it up, I hadnā€™t & nobody else has been in her room, she then went onto to tell me after our cat passed away she would lie in her bed & feel a weight on either her shoulder or her feet, our cat always slept with my daughter either on her shoulder or by her feet, she hasnā€™t had the sensation for a while, said she didnā€™t feel scared but quite at ease & comforted.
I love that she found it comforting šŸ’• . On a side note I have trouble sleeping because of auditory hallucinations they come just as you drop off and are incredibly real. Usually for me it's knocking or someone I know saying my name, recently I had a cough one (which is a first..covid hallucination?!) Its like a little brain fart so odd šŸ¤”

I love that she found it comforting šŸ’• . On a side note I have trouble sleeping because of auditory hallucinations they come just as you drop off and are incredibly real. Usually for me it's knocking or someone I know saying my name, recently I had a cough one (which is a first..covid hallucination?!) Its like a little brain fart so odd šŸ¤”
Have you looked into exploding head syndrome? I have this and I get people shouting my name, doorbells, bangs, whistles, all sorts of noises.

Reactions: 6
Have a listen to Uncanny podcast on BBC Sounds. Produced by same guy who did The Battersea Poltergeist. Itā€™s got a great couple of episodes about a haunted student flat

Itā€™s not really a ghost story but in our house thereā€™s been a lot of sadness (just from us) and thereā€™s now a thing here. It uses our voices to call each other example my voice calling on of the kids. It sounds silly I know but itā€™s so weird.

• Wow
  • Sad
My mum died last year and my dad gave my daughter a necklace of hers. When she put it on the chain broke. We had it repaired at the jewellers. When I tried to put the charm back on, it fell through the chain twice, then the chain broke again. I guess she's not ready to part with it!

• Heart
  • Wow
Itā€™s not really a ghost story but in our house thereā€™s been a lot of sadness (just from us) and thereā€™s now a thing here. It uses our voices to call each other example my voice calling on of the kids. It sounds silly I know but itā€™s so weird.
Have you all heard it?
Can you add some light and happiness back in?

Yes weā€™ve all heard it at different times- kids have heard me when Iā€™ve been out etc. I would Iā€™m just not sure how to?
I would start by having a deep clean and declutter, lots of light and fresh air. Burn candles, make it feel happy and homely and bring back some positive energy from you and the kids. Laughter etc.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.