True ghost stories šŸ‘»

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Iā€™m loving this thread! I frequently get sleep paralysis. I hate it but donā€™t feel the presence thing that other people do. Just that I canā€™t breathe and try to scream but I cant.

Anyway, I havenā€™t really got any to share personally but have recently been utterly transfixed by the Dear David story on twitter. If you havenā€™t heard of it, thereā€™s a really good recap here https://www.bustle.com/p/what-is-de...aunted-apartment-from-start-to-finish-7714979. Terrifying!!
Eek! Iā€™d never heard of it before. Is it made up? Very spooky!

Reactions: 1
Thereā€™s been a few little things, nothing crazy....
A few years before my Mum died sheā€™d bought me a really beautiful ring an ice blue aquamarine surrounded by diamonds and I wore it all the time and loved it. About a year after my mum died I had lost some weight, the ring now slightly too big and while walking through a car park and I felt the ring slip, I pulled my hand back to save it but it had already fallen, I heard a ping and it hit the side of an overflow drain bounced off went down the drain. I was completely gutted. Years later I was in the bathroom washing my hands when I heard a crack type sound from where the bath was. I looked over the edge of the bath to check for damage and in the middle of the bath was my ring. Missing two diamonds and the band was slightly misshapen but I couldnā€™t believe it and still donā€™t.

Next one is....I was raised by my grandparents and we had a dog for 16 years and the day after he died my Grandad and I heard the jingle of his collar and him bouncing down the stairs. The next day I was sat on sofa and looked into the kitchen and could see his tail wagging from behind the washing machine, I said nothing just sat watching and then my Grandad who was sat near me said ā€œ you can see his tail wagging too canā€™t youā€

And the last.....the day before my mil funeral I found out I was pregnant. She had always said how much she would love a granddaughter after four grandsons. We had a little girl and when she was about 4 weeks old I saw a medium who said that my little girl has already met her Nanna and that one day sheā€™ll show me this. When she was about 14 months old I went to get out of her cot and she was pointing up and smiling and saying ā€œ Nanna hugā€ repeatedly. When she was about 3 she was on her toy phone and said ā€œHello Nanna thanks for hugging me in the morning timeā€ I asked her what she meant and she said that Nanna comes and hugs her every morning. I asked her what Nanna looked like and she just said she had short hair and smiles. About 3 months later my husband said he was ready to have a pic of his mum up so we put it up that night and the next morning my daughter who had never seen a pic of her Nanna points straight at it and says ā€œ thatā€™s Nanna hello Nannaā€

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 54
Love this thread. I've never experienced anything myself but find it fascinating. Hope there are more posts on here soon ā˜ŗ

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Iā€™ve got a handful actually and since my grandfather passed away, I fully believe in the spirit world. But I always have from an early age regardless of what people say.

When I lost my grandfather it was like around a month later. His apartment used to be over a park and my grandmother was moving out of there in the process. I was walking the dog because everyone was busy packing.

And I was always into those ghost shows like My Ghost Story or Ghost Adventures ect. My grandfather knew I used to like watching them. It was mid November, it was getting darker but it was still light out.

I donā€™t know why I did it but I stop, the dog is having a good sniff about. I get my phone and Iā€™m zooming into his bedroom window from 5th level up and I snap about 30 pictures in a row of that window. I tell myself ā€œI wonderā€ as I do it.

I donā€™t look at them yet and I carry on walking with the dog. Once Iā€™m back in, itā€™s late and weā€™re chilling out before sorting out more packing. (It was a nightmare year)

But I scroll on the pictures and it was only ONE that caught my eye. I zoom in to the bottom of the window and just above is a face. Honest to god, I couldnā€™t believe it. The picture replicates the same picture of my grandfathers living room picture. Almost similar. But it looked like him anyway, the quality is blurry but itā€™s him. I know itā€™s him.

I showed my family and they even agreed. They couldnā€™t believe it either. When he died I was so heart broken, he raised me and I was close to him. And it was like the day after he passed, out of my own grief I asked him for a sign. Just any sign so I knew he was with me and my bedroom light flickered. We had a magpie standing at our bedroom windows each morning, the same week he died. My grandmother always told him how much she loved birds and it was odd.

We all lived in that apartment (it was a big one) for over twenty + years and never had birds land on the window sills. Never. It just never happened.

And it was like when all the family were sat in the living room, maybe the same week as his death. A magpie landed on the window sill outside, the window was open ajar since it was summer and it poked its head in. Flew out seconds later. But this happened for a week and then stopped.

Itā€™s absolutely crazy. There was other little things that happened to me. The same week he died, I was in Boots grabbing some essentials and just out to clear my head. And a song came on, this song my grandfather would play for me in the car when I was little. I think it was ā€œDance The Night Awayā€ youd always hear it in Benidorm or some part of Spain during the millennium on holiday at them family bars. It came on and my heart stopped. I just knew, honestly.

Reactions: 4
No ghost stories as such but I did have a psychic warn me not to get into a car with a friend within the next week. She gave me a very distinct warning and told me the circumstances that I would be asked to go and details of the crash that would happen.

Within the week my friend asked me in the exact words the psychic used to to with her in her car. I refused to go, but feeling a bit silly, as very much a non-believer I had only gone along to keep a mate company.

The car friendā€™s mum called me to tell me she was in hospital following a car accident. The car had rolled several times and the roof of the car was down at the steering wheel. The police told my friend, who only had minor head injuries, that they could not understand how sheā€™d got out alive.

It was all exactly as the psychic had described.

• Wow
Reactions: 24
No ghost stories as such but I did have a psychic warn me not to get into a car with a friend within the next week. She gave me a very distinct warning and told me the circumstances that I would be asked to go and details of the crash that would happen.

Within the week my friend asked me in the exact words the psychic used to to with her in her car. I refused to go, but feeling a bit silly, as very much a non-believer I had only gone along to keep a mate company.

The car friendā€™s mum called me to tell me she was in hospital following a car accident. The car had rolled several times and the roof of the car was down at the steering wheel. The police told my friend, who only had minor head injuries, that they could not understand how sheā€™d got out alive.

It was all exactly as the psychic had described.
Oh my goodness.

Reactions: 1
I've a few that are a bit freaky. One was when was when my spirit left my body, I had an Out of Body experience! .I was house sitting for a friend who was on holiday and was sleeping on a futon/camp bed type thing in the living room. I had been out but I don't drink so it wasn't down to drink or drugs or anything. Anyway I was lying there on my stomach and felt my nightshirt getting dragged upwards, I then floated to the ceiling and could feel it against my back. Looking down I could see myself and I started panicking and then fell back into my body, like I was dropped from the ceiling, with a thump. I was scared, I've never had that before or after and I wasn't asleep I don't think when I went upto the ceiling.

• Wow
Reactions: 6
I used to live in a Victorian terraced house which had a small back yard, fully enclosed by a 6 foot fence, with a full length wooden gate with 2 large bolts on it. Anyway, I was washing up one day, and the kitchen window was above the sink and overlooked the garden. I told my daughter, who was 3 at the time, to go and play outside whilst I washed up, but she kept coming back inside.

Eventually, I asked why she wouldn't go and play outside, and she said it was because she didn't like the man who was out there. From the window, I could see there was nobody in the garden, so I took her by the hand, walked outside, and asked her where the man was. She pointed straight ahead, at nothing I could see, and said, 'he's there!'

I took her to play school, and went off to work, and she told the teachers at play school, and my parents who picked her up and had her until I finished work, all about the man in the garden, with no variations to her story.

We used to get quite a lot of strange things happen in that house...

• Wow
Reactions: 4
I have experienced sleep paralysis twice, very scary. I tried to scream at the person standing at the end of my bed but couldnt use my voice. Couldn't move. Such a scary moment. For me though Im convinced I was super tired rather than it being a supernatural thing.
I suffer from sleep paralysis too. When I was younger it was always someone who wanted to hurt me was in my room, but now itā€™s always that I wake up in my dream and I canā€™t move, then wake up again, and again and again until I finally actually wake up. Itā€™s like inception šŸ˜‚Honestly, itā€™s terrifying!

Apparently itā€™s stress related though. After I had my little girl, then my mum died 3 weeks later itā€™s was particularly horrific. Like every time I ā€œwoke upā€ something terrible had happened to either my husband or little girl and there was nothing I could do because I couldnā€™t move. Ugh creepy as F.

Sorry thatā€™s not a ghost story.

Hereā€™s one:

My husband and I went on a stargazing evening at Kielder observatory. After the session was over, we decided to drive to one of the car parks Around the reservoir and see if we could catch a glimpse of the aurora borealis as there was a good forecast that night.

This place is in a protected ā€œdark skiesā€ area so apart from the light of the moon and stars it was pitch black. After sitting for a while we saw a dim flashing white light on the other side of the reservoir, it was really far away on the walking trails like probably 3 miles away from us. We thought it was weird that someone would be out walking that late at night, it was like 2am.

Anyway, we watched it for a little while as it moved slowly along the track like a normal walking pace. Then all of a sudden it went off, then within a minute or so it came back on much brighter and started moving really fast, too fast to be someone walking or even running! Within seconds it was on the track leading to the car park, it had moved like 2 miles in a matter of seconds! My husband just started the car up so fast and sped out of the car park and back to the hotel so fast we were both shaking it really freaked us out.Iā€™m easily freaked out, but my husband is the biggest cynic ever, and it really gave him the willies šŸ˜‚ no ide what it was.

• Wow
Reactions: 7
Oh I love these but they donā€™t half freak me out šŸ˜‚ I have a few stories

When I was younger we lived in a tiny 2 bed house built on a previous graveyard. My mum swears down it was haunted by a naughty poltergeist. She said things would go missing then re appear in the middle of the floor. I would sit in my cot talking to it like no tomorrow (I donā€™t remember any of it!) She would be in the bath whilst my dad worked away and feel a presence in the hallway and the house would go cold.

My dads family have always had pubs, and when he was younger they had the Seymour Arms nr Frome Area. It was rumoured to have been tied to Jane Seymour from Henry VII era but despite efforts to google it I canā€™t find anything solid to suggest otherwise but he swears blind.
Anyway, he said it was absolutely haunted. He hated living there, he said my grampy would get irrationally angry all the time and things would happen and they moved sharpish.

My parents moved into a house a few years ago and did some extensive renovations to it. The whole buying process was a right pain in the arse, they bought from a widowed woman who later told them that her husband had actually died in the house šŸ˜³šŸ˜¬
My dad wasnā€™t too bothered until things started acting up, they got home one evening and the electric cut out. They have friends who are tradesmen so they called one out he checked the fuse box, said it was all ok and nothing had happened. The dog would bark aaaaalllll the time. Doors would slam like he was irritated they were in the house. My mum has fallen and hurt herself (broken bones, bruise) from stupid injuries (maybe just her clumsiness but I notice itā€™s been a lot since they moved)
My dad got to the point he was gonna call a priest, and heā€™s not remotely religious. In the end I did some Googling and Told him to have a firm word that theyā€™d not put up with such goings on and he had to stop. Touch wood, since then theyā€™ve not had much trouble. Still freaks me out a bit šŸ˜‚

I also did a ouija board when I was a teenager with my brother and friends. We thought it was all a laugh but got freaked out a little, came home and cried and told my mum What we did. She was horrified and said we shouldnā€™t play with forces out of our control, Iā€™m not sure if she played up to it to make us scared to never do it but it sure worked šŸ˜‚
I find the supernatural so intriguing but it also scares the bones out of me.

Pretty much every house and flat that isnā€™t a new build will have had someone die there at some point.

Thereā€™s a mass burial site that wasnā€™t known about and uncovered under the playground/car park if a local school. Itā€™s a very old school, I must research if there have been any spooky going ons.

We lived in an old house when I was a child. It was reputed to be haunted, but I never actually saw anything. My brother and I did however, often feel a cold breeze sweep through our room regularly. It was really cold. We could never figure out how it could happen when all the windows and doors were firmly shut. It was upstairs so couldnā€™t have been the chimney.

Reactions: 2
I love this thread!
Nothing spectacular to add but I was once in a graveyard looking at a war grave and I said to my husband, who was stood next to me and I could see in the corner of my eye ā€˜how sad- he was so youngā€™. Then glanced up and saw my husband on the other side of the graveyard. Needless to say there was nobody next to me, no one else around.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
When I was 13-16 I worked in a residential home, serving out tea and coffee and washing pots etc. It was a huge very old home (it was previously lived in by monks, and it had secret tunnels underneath that led to different parts of the town) I never felt particularly scared but that doesnā€™t mean I didnā€™t tit myself at a few things! I used to be upstairs on my own serving out drinks and the floor board were squeaky but you could always here footsteps behind you walking very loudly and very quickly, I would always look over my shoulder then it would stop and as always no one was there. This always happened every shift so I kind of got used to it. Everyone knows how warm care homes are they always have the windows shut and heating on so there was no draft but I was once walking through the hallway and and the door in front of me slowly opened it was a phone room (basically a tiny room with a telephone in) and no one was in there it was pitch black I span round as quick as I could and walked back to the kitchen where the other staff were I explained what Iā€™d just seen and they said ā€˜haha youā€™ll get used to itā€™. The scariest thing that got me was when I was washing tea time pots both Carers were upstairs putting people to bed so I was downstairs by myself it was a huge kitchen I had my back to the door and they had these massive heavy industrial fire doors that you couldnā€™t close they only closed if the fire alarm went off they had these big chains on them keeping them open anyway like I said I had my back to the door washing up when this kitchen door slammed shut I must have jumped about 20ft in the air my heart was pounding out my chest I dropped the sponge and plate I was washing in the sink and tried to figure out how to open the door, I looked around and no one was about. When I walked back over to the sink my sponge was in the middle of the floor..not in the sink where Iā€™d left it. I left there not long after that happened!šŸ˜‚ but my mum worked there was a carer way before I started working there and she told me her and other carer were doing night time checks and when they checked on this one lady the said her rug lifted off the carpet as if something went under it and they both saw it clear as day! Put it this way Iā€™m very glad she told me that after I left!šŸ˜‚

• Wow
Oh yes it is proper horrible! Itā€™s so vivid too like itā€™s actually happening! Even to the point where sometimes I hear and see the door handle moving down and the bedroom door opening when it ā€˜comes into the roomā€™. Other times itā€™s already in there.

Iā€™ve dreamt of my nana too after sheā€™s died. ā€˜Funnyā€™ things was in the dream I knew she was dead but I went to her house and she was lying in bed and I sat with her and we had a lovely chat. Then she said ā€˜Iā€™ve got to go back nowā€™ and I was telling her I didnā€™t want her to go. She was smiling and saying she had to, and then closed her eyes and passed. Felt like losing her all over again.

I do think those we love will come to us in dreams as they donā€™t want to do it while we are awake in case they frighten us.
It's strange. I lost my mother in law very suddenly 13 years ago. She was only 54. I don't dream about her often,maybe a handful of times in those 13 years but I dream she has come to visit us but she keeps saying she can't stay,she can't stay long. We will go out for a family dinner (,one of her favourite things to do) then she will go.

• Heart
Iā€™m only part way through this thread so not sure if anyone is even reading it anymore but none the less Iā€™ve had a few experiences over the years. The one I want to start with is about 8 years ago when my dad died. A bit of background, my dad lived abroad for many years and my sister and I had a relatively estranged relationship with him. We did keep in touch but it was sporadic and my sister and I had quite different relationships with him. My sisters was more strained as she is quite a bit older than me and had witnessed the effect my dadā€™s philandering behavior had on our mum. My being so much younger made me somewhat oblivious to it and so mine and my dads relationship was stronger to some degree. My dad became very ill with a chronic illness and came back to the UK and because my sister had a larger house and was working part time he stayed there with her and she nursed him along with professional medical help until his condition deteriorated to a point that he had to be transferred to a local palliative care home. For those of you who have experienced looking after a relative or someone who is on palliative care, you will likely know that if a person wishes not to be resuscitated in the event of A heart attack or something similar then a note declaring this has to be kept on the premises of where they are. The day after my dad had been transferred to the care home, my sister realized the resuscitation order was still in her fridge in a plastic pill bottle which, as I understand, are often kept there as if a medical professional entered the house to find the patient in an unresponsive state they know where to look before they start trying to resuscitate. Anyway, my sister dropped of the note to my dad and visited him at the same time. Sadly, the next day he had a heart attack - if the resuscitation order had not been at the care home they may have tried to resuscitate - it seemed like a strange coincidence but we put it down to just that and were relieved that he was no longer in pain.

I never got to visit my dad in the care home as he was there for less than 72 hours but I visited most days at my sisters and would spend time with him just watching TV, chatting and sneaking him the occasional glass of red wine. During our discussions we got on to the after life. My dad was a very scientific, logically minded man and had no time for such chat of the after life, ghosts and such and would roar with laughter at things I told him had happened to me and tell me I was ā€œjust like my motherā€ inferring I was ā€œwitchyā€ and had always been the same as a child, professing to have experienced things that he would write off with his usual logic. Anyway, during one of the ā€œafter lifeā€ chats he promised he would come back and give me a sign once heā€™d died and that if nothing happened it was because there was no such thing. He followed that with ā€œso donā€™t expect to be hearing from meā€ and practically laughed his head off.

So, following dadā€™s death, all the usual proceedings needed to happen, however he died close to Christmas and so many public offices were closing and it took around 3.5 weeks before we could finalize a funeral date.

I canā€™t remember exactly how long after but I think it was within a few days, strange things started to happen In my house. I would come downstairs in the morning and find all of the kitchen cupboard doors open. All of them. In that house I had around 16 cupboard doors and they would all be open. No one else lived with me. Nothing happened for a couple of days then one morning I woke up suddenly and could hear really loud shouting - I went downstairs and all the cupboard doors were open, the washing machine drawer was open fully and the TV in the lounge was on full blast. At this point I began to wonder and recalled the conversation weā€™d had but kind of dismissed it. The strange things continued to happen intermittently for around a week - lights being on in the morning that I knew Iā€™d switched off, cupboard doors being open that I knew had been shut and so on. Strange as it may sound I didnā€™t tell anyone as I thought people would just put it down to grief and I wasnā€™t scared or concerned as I felt the only answer for it was my dad.

At the final stage right before it stopped, the TV in my room started to switch on itself in the night and it would always be really loud - that got annoying as obviously it would wake me up but I still put it down to it just being my dad but this went on for a week. Every night, middle of the night, TV came on full blast. Shortly before my dadā€™s funeral, I was on the phone to my sister who mentioned she was really tired as for the last week or so the TV in her bedroom had been switching itself on in the middle of the night at full volume! I then told her all the things that had been happening in the house. My sister is a bit of a skeptic butā€™s she believed me and said that no doors had been opened or anything else just the TV in her room. Iā€™ve mused about whether this was because she has children who would often get up in the morning before her and it could be more easily explained away that someone else had left them open but a TV switching on itself in her room less so. After that conversation, nothing ever happened to either of us again. So, to this day, I am convinced it was my dad making good on his promise. And I bet he laughed his head off the whole time he was doing it! šŸ˜Š

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 31
I once read something on another forum that has stayed with me. The poster used to work in an old building that had been a military hospital during one of the World Wars. She had to go downstairs one night, and opened a set of double doors into a basement room. What met her eyes was a chaotic scene from the War - bleeding patients being wheeled in after a Blitz bombing, screaming, yelling. Horrifying!

• Wow
Reactions: 13
I have more if anyone is interested? Nothing really scary though, just my experiences that make me believe there is an after life.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.