True Crime Podcasts

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Looking forward to the new REAL multi part podcast, I only recently found the podcast (Charlene Downes 🤯) but have binged every episode 😆. I find Naomi so easy to listen too and as others have said very compassionate and sounds like she has a passion for getting victims justice rather than just loving the gossip. Would defo recommend to anyone who hasn't listened yet

Reactions: 5
I've driven to visit family tonight and listened to the first two episodes of The Butterfly King about King Boris of Bulgaria who dies in mysterious circumstances in 1943. I've learnt loads and told my WWII dad some snippets of info he didn't know.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I've driven to visit family tonight and listened to the first two episodes of The Butterfly King about King Boris of Bulgaria who dies in mysterious circumstances in 1943. I've learnt loads and told my WWII dad some snippets of info he didn't know.
Thanks, this sounds like something I'd enjoy.

So upset after listening to what that poor boy Timothy went through at the hands of his mother and brother... I actually felt sick ... how could they be so so cruel 😪😪😪😪

• Sad
Reactions: 1
What's this referring to please?
Timothy Ferguson.. a 15 year old autistic boy was horrifically abused and starved by his mam Shanda and brother Paul until he died... Put him in ice baths... force fed him extremely hot hot sauce..

Theres a few podcasts about it.

Awful ..

ETA- that's the one I listened to.

But trigger warning.. it's not an easy listen

Attachments

• Sad
Reactions: 3
Timothy Ferguson.. a 15 year old autistic boy was horrifically abused and starved by his mam Shanda and brother Paul until he died... Put him in ice baths... force fed him extremely hot hot sauce..

Theres a few podcasts about it.

Awful ..

ETA- that's the one I listened to.

But trigger warning.. it's not an easy listen
Yes it's an awful case and rightly both the "mother" and brother have lengthy prison sentences. The brother was appallingly abused himself from what I have heard but it turned him into a bully.

• Sad
Reactions: 4
I've been listening to Phoebe's fall again. I still can't comprehend how the coroner said she put herself in the garbage chute. Has anyone else listened to it?

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I've been listening to Phoebe's fall again. I still can't comprehend how the coroner said she put herself in the garbage chute. Has anyone else listened to it?
Yes, I listened a few ago, just outrageous. It happened in the city I live in (Melbourne) so it was of special interest.

Reactions: 2
Yes, I listened a few ago, just outrageous. It happened in the city I live in (Melbourne) so it was of special interest.
I watched the under investigation on this one, and the girl had an absolute nightmare getting into the chute, so I don't know how they thought someone who has been drinking would manage it. No way was it a suicide.
---
I watched the under investigation on this one, and the girl had an absolute nightmare getting into the chute, so I don't know how they thought someone who has been drinking would manage it. No way was it a suicide.

Was there any local talk a out it?

• Heart
The recent two-parter by Seeing Red on Josef Fritzl was so well done, excellent work by Mark and Bethan. It's a case I normally avoid as it's quite distressing and I feel as though I don't need to know anymore but these episodes had me enthralled. I'm stuck in bed sick at the moment so I needed something to listen to and I'm so glad I did listen, even if it was tough going.
Highly recommend if you haven't already heard it.

PS The Butterfly King is brilliant, sorry I can't remember who posted about it but it's really interesting if you like history with a bit of murder mystery.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
The recent two-parter by Seeing Red on Josef Fritzl was so well done, excellent work by Mark and Bethan. It's a case I normally avoid as it's quite distressing and I feel as though I don't need to know anymore but these episodes had me enthralled. I'm stuck in bed sick at the moment so I needed something to listen to and I'm so glad I did listen, even if it was tough going.

PS The Butterfly King is brilliant, sorry I can't remember who posted about it but it's really interesting if you like history with a bit of murder mystery.
Mark is a tattler as well x

Well a reader definitely x

• Haha
I’m all over this at the moment. Signed up to Wondery’s 7 day free trial and everything
IMG_9633.jpeg

• Heart

I think I recommended it. I'm really enjoying it but wish all the episodes were out so I can proper binge. I think it's been really well done, probably one of the best podcasts I've listened to other than maybe The Teachers Pet.

• Heart
Reactions: 1
I think I recommended it. I'm really enjoying it but wish all the episodes were out so I can proper binge. I think it's been really well done, probably one of the best podcasts I've listened to other than maybe The Teachers Pet.
Yes, im pretty sure it was you! Thank you.
I'm more of a binge person but it's such a fascinating and twisty story.
I love a good historical podcast as well so this one pressed all the buttons.

Just finished the Seeing Red episode, I agree it was excellent. Such a horrifying story!

• Heart
Just finished the Seeing Red episode, I agree it was excellent. Such a horrifying story!
I thought it was really well done too, there were a few things I picked up that I hadn’t known before (which I can’t think of right now!) despite listening to numerous podcasts about the case. Well done Mark and Bethan!

I listened to the josef fritzel episodes but I wasn’t hugely impressed actually.

The case was so horrific. It would’ve been great if they’d gotten an expert guest on to analyse what the hell was going through Fritzel’s mind.

I was nice to hear the end that Elizabeth was doing relatively well. Her and her children deserve the world after what they’ve been through.