True Crime Podcasts

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I always side eye the Innocence Project because it was founded by Barry Scheck, the lawyer who got OJ Simpson off. I know he was only doing his job but when asked about it at the end of the OJ documentary he did not come off well.

• Wow
Reactions: 8
Scott Petersen’s case has been picked up by the LA Innocence Project, not THE Innocence Project. They should be made to change their name, The Innocence Project has a great reputation and this “LA Innocence Project” seem like they are just doing it for media attention. He is guilty as sin IMO.

Reactions: 11
I find that as podcasts get bigger, the host start to believe their own hype and become unlikable

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I'm going to listen to two Wondery podcasts today:
-Harsh Reality: The Story of Miriam Rivera
-The Rise and Fall of Ruby Franke

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Channel 4 have made a new series about the Hampstead satanic cult hoax. I have listened to about three episodes of Hoaxed podcast which also covered this; I have to say the story doesn't particularly resonate with me. Maybe it's because the host is such a drip, but I just don't get the story.

Reactions: 4
Channel 4 have made a new series about the Hampstead satanic cult hoax. I have listened to about three episodes of Hoaxed podcast which also covered this; I have to say the story doesn't particularly resonate with me. Maybe it's because the host is such a drip, but I just don't get the story.
Hoaxed is a brilliant podcast. Loved it!

Reactions: 5
Sword and Scale episode 51 is pretty good if you haven't already heard it?
I didn't like the Hoaxed episodes much either but I found the S&S one quite compelling listening.

Reactions: 2
I don’t know how Emma Kenny has got to the position she is in. She is described as a psychologist but I wouldn’t class someone with a BA in psychology and a masters in counselling as a psychologist.
I feel her ‘celebrity’ status has meant that people think she is far more knowledgeable and qualified than she actually is.

Agreed. I went off her when she said Lucy Letby’s conviction was unsafe, as if she was more knowledgable than the jury who sat through 9 months of hearings. She then put her reasonings behind a paywall for her patreon subscribers only 🙄.

• Wow
Reactions: 5
Anyone listening to The Secret History of Antarctica?

I'm intrigued by the story, but I can't be dealing with Elmer Fudd narrating, 30mins of "Wodney" "cah-diac awest" "their awwival", duck that.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Anyone listening to The Secret History of Antarctica?

I'm intrigued by the story, but I can't be dealing with Elmer Fudd narrating, 30mins of "Wodney" "cah-diac awest" "their awwival", duck that.
I found this great review 😛
1710308437680.png

• Haha
Anyone listen to Emma Kenny via YouTube? I was never sure about her but finding I am liking her more on this than TV shows.
---
Edited to add just seen the above posts.

• Heart
I've just started listening to Three, a long form podcast about the Skylar Neese case. So far, so good. They've got the family and others on board to talk about it so I think it will be presented in an ethical, non-sensationalist manner which I find really important when I'm choosing something to listen to.
It's an interesting case because of the age and sex of the perpetrators, I'm looking forward to cuddling up with my cats and getting into it properly.

Reactions: 6
Jesus I tried listening to an episode of They Walk Among Us yesterday. It was bloody awful. The guy speaks in an overly dramatic slow way that made me feel really stabby

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Jesus I tried listening to an episode of They Walk Among Us yesterday. It was bloody awful. The guy speaks in an overly dramatic slow way that made me feel really stabby
I’ve seen this podcast recommended a few times and I’m sure the content itself is interesting, but after hearing the presenter’s voice on an ad a few times I decided I wouldn’t be able to get through a whole episode of it 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 1