Trishas Transformation #11 Ever expanding, ever rebranding, loud and demanding, needs gastric banding

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don’t know how strangers on the internet could know this about someone else. For all we know she has an underlying hormonal condition that’s affecting her, and realistically her metabolism is probably a wrecked from years of binging and restricting. I don’t think there’s any “reasonable” Amount for anyone to lose per week, that’s a concept we’ve been taught by diet culture.
I’m not for one second saying I’m heading off to the rave thread, but I don’t think it’s really a logical discussion to have
I know we can only guess at what weight she might lose but she lost weight before when she stuck to a plan.
She can do the same again, our metabolism stays the same even if we have messed around with low cal/low carb/ cabbage soup diet etc etc
We just lose less fat as we get lighter as the deficit needs to reflect the new weight of the body.
She just fell off the wagon and supposedly reset for a year or two but never found that wagon again
She won’t get back on again I don’t think

Reactions: 7
I don’t know how strangers on the internet could know this about someone else. For all we know she has an underlying hormonal condition that’s affecting her, and realistically her metabolism is probably a wrecked from years of binging and restricting. I don’t think there’s any “reasonable” Amount for anyone to lose per week, that’s a concept we’ve been taught by diet culture.
I’m not for one second saying I’m heading off to the rave thread, but I don’t think it’s really a logical discussion to have
She’s lost a significant amount of weight before through diet/exercise so her size is unlikely to be hormonal, and if it was she’d be the first to say it so she could diversify her channel away from resetting and toward QVC with her kitchen utensils. There are established measures of what’s ‘reasonable’ for someone to lose in a week - doctors use them all the time! I think the point with Trisha is she sells herself as a weight related account, more specifically a weight loss one, and she clearly isn’t doing that. Not because she can’t, but because she doesn’t want to, so of course people are going to speculate and ask questions. She could just be upfront and say she’s shifting away from weight-related content to focus on herself etc and I think people would appreciate the honesty. The only reason people are interested in her weight and lack of downward movement is because that’s what she built her brand around.

Reactions: 9
I think we can discuss her weight and speculate. Her page says Trishas transformation. She had no problem losing a significant amount of weight over a year. She was on tv and radio telling us how motivated she was. She then increased her followers which led to work for companies which no doubt paid her handsomely. She capitalised on her weight loss and wrote a book. She then got complacent and the weight began to creep back up … she then came up with the ridiculous notion of resetting and wrote a book and photoshopped her picture on the front cover. Almost two years on and she’s not far off her original starting weight. Bear in mind all this time she’s still promoting herself as a weight loss expert an athlete and a fitness queen. Please don’t tell us we don’t have the right to be baffled by the pure and utter madness of conwoman Trisha Lewis!!! Nothing at all to do with hormones just pure and utter brass neck and lies !!

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Nothing from the event yet.... May do a rummage and see if L'Oréal have anything up

• Haha
Reactions: 5
She’s lost a significant amount of weight before through diet/exercise so her size is unlikely to be hormonal, and if it was she’d be the first to say it so she could diversify her channel away from resetting and toward QVC with her kitchen utensils. There are established measures of what’s ‘reasonable’ for someone to lose in a week - doctors use them all the time! I think the point with Trisha is she sells herself as a weight related account, more specifically a weight loss one, and she clearly isn’t doing that. Not because she can’t, but because she doesn’t want to, so of course people are going to speculate and ask questions. She could just be upfront and say she’s shifting away from weight-related content to focus on herself etc and I think people would appreciate the honesty. The only reason people are interested in her weight and lack of downward movement is because that’s what she built her brand around.
I suppose I worded my last post wrong. I agree with all of what you’ve said. I also think she needs to expect speculation about her weight etc, and that her dishonesty is hopefully someday going to catch up with her. BUT, I also There’s absolutely measures of what is “reasonable” weight loss to expect in a week. It’s always cited as 0.5-1kg, maybe a quicker rate at the start. The insinuation here on this thread Is often that because she’s carrying a lot of weight, the weight should just fall off her. The fact that she has no job and no kids doesn’t mean that anyone should encourage her to lose weight at a faster rate than that 0.5-1kg. Because the evidence shows that people who ignore that guideline are less likely to be successful. And obviously Trisha is proof of that. She’s lost a significant amount of weight before, at a faster rate than what may be recommended, and she’s found it all again fairly quickly, so I would expect that going hard at her weight loss in the same way as she did a few years ago would end the same.
Essentially, saying she has no job and no kids and she should be losing weight faster than someone who works full time, commutes and has three kids is insinuating that she should be pounding the roads all day to make her caloric deficit larger, and planning out how many lettuce leaves she might eat for lunch tomorrow, and I don’t think that’s a sustainable plan for anyone.
That all being said, I know that Trisha isn’t losing weight at any rate, and it’s absolutely because she’s caught up with sales and ads and all the rest. I just feel that nobody should encourage her to go at it like she’s on the biggest loser, because that wouldn’t work.

• Angry
Reactions: 9
I suppose I worded my last post wrong. I agree with all of what you’ve said. I also think she needs to expect speculation about her weight etc, and that her dishonesty is hopefully someday going to catch up with her. BUT, I also There’s absolutely measures of what is “reasonable” weight loss to expect in a week. It’s always cited as 0.5-1kg, maybe a quicker rate at the start. The insinuation here on this thread Is often that because she’s carrying a lot of weight, the weight should just fall off her. The fact that she has no job and no kids doesn’t mean that anyone should encourage her to lose weight at a faster rate than that 0.5-1kg. Because the evidence shows that people who ignore that guideline are less likely to be successful. And obviously Trisha is proof of that. She’s lost a significant amount of weight before, at a faster rate than what may be recommended, and she’s found it all again fairly quickly, so I would expect that going hard at her weight loss in the same way as she did a few years ago would end the same.
Essentially, saying she has no job and no kids and she should be losing weight faster than someone who works full time, commutes and has three kids is insinuating that she should be pounding the roads all day to make her caloric deficit larger, and planning out how many lettuce leaves she might eat for lunch tomorrow, and I don’t think that’s a sustainable plan for anyone.
That all being said, I know that Trisha isn’t losing weight at any rate, and it’s absolutely because she’s caught up with sales and ads and all the rest. I just feel that nobody should encourage her to go at it like she’s on the biggest loser, because that wouldn’t work.
I don’t think that’s what people are saying at all.
She just isn’t losing any weight or trying at all.
So perhaps the transformation shouldn’t be her insta handle
We (I ) use excuses of a full time job and children and a house to run to tell myself that’s why it’s hard to stick to routine.
She can say she is on her road and her timetable is mad
However, if all eyes were on me and I had two books and knives and was at events I would make myself do it and so should she.
Nobody is expecting stones to drop off, but at least be honest and show the reality of it all.
She also has had therapy to help her, she dropped that and got some freebie type that now she has also dropped, numerous gyms and coaches and so has the disposable income that many do not due to the factors above.
I started following her in the early days as she was a huge motivator to me.
Now I find that actually she sums up all my failures weight loss wise and I think she really could have a niche market here and try to get back on it!

Reactions: 13
Is it a skirt and top or a dress that Trisha is wearing? Whatever it is the shape is all wrong. Why does she refuse to dress for her shape?

Reactions: 4
Another skintight gut-hugging black yoke. It's completely inexplicable, she won't wear anything if it's not stuck to her. I'd say hire a stylist but she'd be too too thick to listen to them.

Reactions: 8
I asked for people's opinions of what a person like Trisha may lose. Any larger person really in a way.
Never said should.
Never said she should lose more than others with more ties and less time.
And nobody else really did either.
Mentioned her status and ties more so around the food she would have access to, that she had access to good quality food.
You picked that up off the ground yourself there Barbara.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Jesus someone take the phone off her! What were those rambling stories about at all…she’s lacking something, seriously.

Reactions: 12
She was excited about having two men in her room in the morning. Maintenance men. God love her.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
She was excited about having two men in her room in the morning. Maintenance men. God love her.
That was cringe. And if it was inverted and a dude said that, we would all be calling him a creep. She is such a sleaze.

• Haha
And calling them dopes at the end..🙄
Although I'd say they had a fair skit themselves in the lift down about her.....

• Haha
She does come across as someone who never grew up - which would explain her life and health being a mess aswell. She needs an intervention!

Reactions: 8
I'm sorry now but she doesn't half come across a total creep with her manic behaviour on those stories, settle down Trisha and sort yourself out !!!! No one wants to see how weird and crazy you are !!

Reactions: 6
To be fair I think she called them ‘dotes’, but even at that, they’re handymen like, calm down…

And calling them dopes at the end..🙄
Although I'd say they had a fair skit themselves in the lift down about her.....

I asked for people's opinions of what a person like Trisha may lose. Any larger person really in a way.
Never said should.
Never said she should lose more than others with more ties and less time.
And nobody else really did either.
Mentioned her status and ties more so around the food she would have access to, that she had access to good quality food.
You picked that up off the ground yourself there Barbara.
And nobody suggested anything outrageous, just initial drop of 3-5lbs a week and 1-2lbs thereafter. I'm trying maintenance at the moment and weighed in at 101.2lbs today (I'm incredibly short, so that's very much normal range BMI for me) but could easily fluctuate by a couple or few pounds of fluid due to salt, hormones etc. Someone that size will generally drop more in the first few weeks. Of course they will!
And actually not sure the research says it *has* to be slow. There were papers saying fast initial weight loss is just as successful as slow. Not that I did that - took it easy because it was better than white-knuckling it for me.
Nobody at all suggested Biggest Loser 20lbs a week and spending all day exercising, just that a modest deficit with some activity should lead to loss of 1-2lbs a week without too much difficulty...assuming consistency. She's obviously doing nothing at all, which is fine, but then she's not a transformation guru.

Reactions: 5
Before she launched the brand she made a big song and dance about how she wouldn’t be gifting stuff to other influencers because she didn’t accept free gifts herself and knows people find it annoying - low and behold Sinead Curvy Style has a load of stories up last night talking about the knives she was gifted, strange that Trisha hasn’t shared those…

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.