Triona McCarthy

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I bought something from her depop last Saturday and still no sign of her posting it
Ooh keep us posted!
you are actually funding the splash back in the kitchen ‘that’s not ready yet’
Apparently the kitchen folks aren’t being taken for a ride- no cash no splash 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Jesus, She really has very little respect for
Her MIL. Recording herself eating crisps looking bored while Wills mother tells a story of what maxi was saying.
“Oh look Will a love heart crisp” 🙄
Also speaking of will, why does he feel the need to wear the face off her when she’s speaking into the camera? He did it again the other day 🤢 Is he trying to prove something?

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Her MIL. Recording herself eating crisps looking bored while Wills mother tells a story of what maxi was saying.
Also speaking of will, why does he feel the need to wear the face off her when she’s speaking into the camera? He did it again the other day 🤢 Is he trying to prove something?
Shes so disrespectful of her MIL it’s awful, and then mocking her voice saying “right” and this one talks with marbles in her mouth like she was born and reared in Dublin 4:rolleyes:

Reactions: 6
I said before up thread that I do feel there's a bit of a green eyed monster with Triona and her MiL. Wills mother moved back into the big house after her ex husband died. Triona and Will and kids have been living in a tiny mews house in the garden and the MiL is swanning around a massive big house, probably on her own. I don't think there's a whole lot of love lost between Will and his mother either. Nothing was ever said but Will and his brothers were raised by their dad when his mum left. I have no idea when his mum left but she wasn't around for most of his school and college and he's the eldest, so she basically walked out on 3 children. Now it seems as soon as her ex husband dies she moves into her inheritance that perhaps her son/sons* don't feel she deserves.

*purely speculation - I have barely spoken to Will in the last 20 years or so and might have met his brothers a handful of times. But if was me in that situation and a parent of mine swans back in after abandoning their family I'd be rightly pissed off too.

• Wow
Reactions: 12
Oh wow, really? The MIL certainly seems to have a great welcome for herself, but to move into her ex husbands house years after leaving him? Harsh! Having said that, if Will and Triona thought they were just going to walk into it, the other siblings wouldn’t be too happy.
Triona seemed to really wnjoy Will’s father and he seemed like a nice man.

Reactions: 2
Oh wow, really? The MIL certainly seems to have a great welcome for herself, but to move into her ex husbands house years after leaving him? Harsh! Having said that, if Will and Triona thought they were just going to walk into it, the other siblings wouldn’t be too happy.
Triona seemed to really wnjoy Will’s father and he seemed like a nice man.

Say they thought they were getting the house split 3 ways - it's a big 2 story over basement house, worth maybe €1.5million? Maybe more? Children can inherit €335,000 from a parent tax free so if they were getting €500k each out of the house they would have 33% CAT on the balance, so a tax bill of around €50k each so that leaves each son getting about €450,000. 😲 You could buy a regular house in Dublin for that, or have a tiny mortgage. But then Mum who left them when they were children swoops back in and literally pulls the rug from under them.

What I would wonder is, whether the mews house is listed separately from the main house. Because if the MiL sells up, they could be left with nothing.

Reactions: 3
Say they thought they were getting the house split 3 ways - it's a big 2 story over basement house, worth maybe €1.5million? Maybe more? Children can inherit €335,000 from a parent tax free so if they were getting €500k each out of the house they would have 33% CAT on the balance, so a tax bill of around €50k each so that leaves each son getting about €450,000.😲You could buy a regular house in Dublin for that, or have a tiny mortgage. But then Mum who left them when they were children swoops back in and literally pulls the rug from under them.

What I would wonder is, whether the mews house is listed separately from the main house. Because if the MiL sells up, they could be left with nothing.
Is it really a mews though? A friend had to deliver something to her and she described it as a cabin.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Is it really a mews though? A friend had to deliver something to her and she described it as a cabin.
I don't know what it is to be honest. It's not really a mews, but it's definitely not a cabin. It was an old stone building that was always in the garden and was converted into a one bedroom tiny house but I think they've had to extend it. I don't think it was ever intended as a family home for 4.

Reactions: 4
It’s a bit funny! The mil swanning round the grand house and triona and familia squeezed into the mews cabin 😂😂

• Haha
Why does she keep the tags on her clothes?? Also the price of them!! I didn’t know the Sunday Indo paid that well?

Maybe they don't have to pay rent or have a mortgage on their house in the garden?! Still, I can think of better things to spend €700+ on. She paid over $1000 for the sunglasses with cat ears. They are like something you get in a costume shop for Halloween.

• Wow
Reactions: 6
Some of the things she is selling is like stuff Eddie from Ab Fab would wear. Just because they're designer and expensive doesn't mean they're nice.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Some of the things she is selling is like stuff Eddie from Ab Fab would wear. Just because they're designer and expensive doesn't mean they're nice.

I compared her to Edina before and totally agree just because it’s designer doesn’t mean it’s automatically nice.

Reactions: 4
This competition she ran with Isadora, I thought she was choosing two winners?
Also I’m pretty sure she personally knows that one from Bellissimo galway, the “random” winner

This competition she ran with Isadora, I thought she was choosing two winners?
Also I’m pretty sure she personally knows that one from Bellissimo galway, the “random” winner
Would you even bother collecting an Isadora price

Reactions: 2
I have no idea what Isadora is, but the prize was a Marc Jacobs bag and some sunglasses. She bought two bags and two sunglasses but then only gave away one. Very bizarre.

i can’t stand the way she starts moaning and speaking in a whinging voice when she really likes something, like in that hewellers recently.