Trinny Woodall and Trinny London products

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I watch it, but every woman cries. Maybe I haven't got to that stage yet 😕 obviously it's exactly what you would expect and yes the participants have asked for help, I don't know. I'm just not sure you need to know the intimate details of someone's life and tie that into their appearance.

Reactions: 3
There’s something NQR about it. It’s the only content of Trinny’s I don’t watch. From the clips, a lot of it seems to be predicated on Trinny’s taste which I don’t always love.
In the clip for the latest she says that skinny jeans are old fashioned. Sigh. I know all the fashion editors are trying to say that, but 1. it took effort for me to fit into them and 2. My body type is very different to hers (under 5ft and have muscle) so I'll just wear them anyway, I think.

Reactions: 9
Trinny always says red lipstick should only be worn with white and never black… I haaaaate red lipstick with white, far too harsh. It can look very elegant with black though.

I still think she’s fabulous and I am green with envy over the Colorado holiday.

Reactions: 7
She's been saying skinny jeans are out for a while and guess what I haven't worn them since. I went and bought the marine straight legs from Zara, can't get used to them.

Reactions: 4
In the clip for the latest she says that skinny jeans are old fashioned. Sigh. I know all the fashion editors are trying to say that, but 1. it took effort for me to fit into them and 2. My body type is very different to hers (under 5ft and have muscle) so I'll just wear them anyway, I think.
But can't you wear something that is 'old fashioned'? I mean I love the look of mom jeans on a lot of people, but they are just really unflattering when I put them on. I'd rather look good than on trend.
So I stick to my skinny jeans (most of the time).

I am not a stylist and probably cheugy so what do I know! 🤷

• Heart
Wear what makes you comfortable & is in your spending bracket. If skinny jeans are your thing then so be it. Trinny has her own style that doesn’t translate often past the Kings Road although one can take small inspirations from her. She is quite unique in her style. I still like her, so bonkers in a good way & no ego. She’s raw

Reactions: 18
But can't you wear something that is 'old fashioned'? I mean I love the look of mom jeans on a lot of people, but they are just really unflattering when I put them on. I'd rather look good than on trend.
So I stick to my skinny jeans (most of the time).

I am not a stylist and probably cheugy so what do I know! 🤷
That's the thing. It's a bit like when they were doing What Not to Wear - know certain styles just do nothing for me. I don't have the "right" shape. And skinnies are so comfy too! Will probably just keep wearing them (and slim cut) until they come back into fashion.

Wear what makes you comfortable & is in your spending bracket. If skinny jeans are your thing then so be it. Trinny has her own style that doesn’t translate often past the Kings Road although one can take small inspirations from her. She is quite unique in her style. I still like her, so bonkers in a good way & no ego. She’s raw
I love her style, but it would be...impractical for me at work etc. And I don't have her height to pull it off either. Suppose I'm stuck with working with what I have :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: 5
That's the thing. It's a bit like when they were doing What Not to Wear - know certain styles just do nothing for me. I don't have the "right" shape. And skinnies are so comfy too! Will probably just keep wearing them (and slim cut) until they come back into fashion.

I love her style, but it would be...impractical for me at work etc. And I don't have her height to pull it off either. Suppose I'm stuck with working with what I have :ROFLMAO:
You can still do accessories, patterns, colour combinations,… (if you like, ofc…) That’s what I mostly take away from her videos, because… I‘m a 37yr old teacher living in Austria, being 5“3 and a size 20, soooo… many of the fashion she chooses is not accessible to me or fitting for my lifestyle anyway. Still, I adore her fashion content (most of the time) and get inspiration from it.

Reactions: 8
Exactly ladies. Take from it what you will. She still has ideas and concepts that you would not possibly explore left to your own devices, we all get stuck in a style rut occasionally so you may glean another way to wear something. If for no other reason she’s great entertainment and low on a filter which makes her fabulous.

Reactions: 10
What I also really enjoy about her is her maximalism and her extravaganza, as I’m bored by basics most of the time as well, and love to have options in my wardrobe.

Reactions: 8
I do like the Trinny takeover but agree that I don't need to hear every persons life story/nor see them be 'unveiled' in front of a big group as a 'new person' - dated. I do think she helps the women modernize their outfits, but often don't agree with her taste, especially when it comes to excessive layering - however the last episode was great (the flowy dress and orange bag + softening the womans makeup/hair). She also has some weird rules, like the big boobs and no sloped shoulder, I hard disagree with this as a big boober, I like a soft look and don't suit officey/sharp lines. Also don't love her print layering and long necklaces, imo that can be quite dowdy.

Reactions: 6
I thought the last Trinny takeover wasn’t sustainable for that lady. There’s no way she can do that for herself and it wasn’t her personal style or even her personality however her hair looked fab. It would have been better to put her in a longer A line button down denim skirt with some cool t-shirts (think Rolling Stones / Pepsi) with a semi tailored jacket (poss green, navy, white) shoulder draped which is something she can construct herself and wear forever. I can’t abide by those hideous platform trainers. Screams dated. I love you Trinny but your style is YOUR style. Very few women can carry it off. Build a long term wardrobe for your ladies that they can actually wear.

I thought the last Trinny takeover wasn’t sustainable for that lady. There’s no way she can do that for herself and it wasn’t her personal style or even her personality however her hair looked fab.
Agree with this, also is it just me or do alot of these people have an ok/nice style to begin with just have dated hair/makeup/lacking some pizazz?

Trinny's style is also very 'Zara'. That's not a bad thing, it just doesn't work in all cities/places. When I was in Spain I bought a lovely matching trousers+top, but then I went home where no-one wears any pattern/color so realistically I can only wear this outfit out for a nice lunch. I imagine alot of the outfits she puts people in will kind of only work for holiday-wear/going out, it's not as if most people can wear a pink suit day-to-day. Then again I don't know what else is good on the high street nowadays.

If you looked at the personality of the lady she was so lost in Zara - she can’t put that stuff together and she never will. If anything maybe it’s given her a chance to explore some colour & try. I hope she doesn’t get it wrong. Still think Trinny should have put her in a medley of updated basics that she will have the confidence to wear & rotate

Which is why I love Trinny. She doesn’t give a duck and will throw anything together for herself. Being tall skinny and posh helps.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I concede her lipstick looks fantastic, and the new pink she’s just released also looks lovely.

Reactions: 1
OK, so some good tips in that episode for petite ladies yay 🙌 😊 I know I said I wasn't a fan of the sob stories but I'm a nosey witch and wanted to know all about the tennis club drama. Sadly I will never know.

• Haha
What do you think Jemima, does this go? Yes I love it Trinny, I was just thinking a long necklace would definitely pull the look together.

• Haha
Is Trinny saying we can all be super stylish on a budget while carrying… a Birkin? 😂

AF98B35C-AE57-4953-9A69-36D30832EE65.jpeg

• Haha
  • Wow