Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

THE0bvious

Just to put my two pence in - I actually really enjoy watching Trinny, she is such a breath of fresh air when compared to other influencers. She has a large wardrobe but always says how lucky she is and encourages others to invest in their wardrobe rather than just rush out to buy new things. She recommends high street brands as much as designer goods and doesn't churn through hoards of clothes! She's always using a "belt from 15 years ago", "this Zara top from three years ago", the suit from ASOS last year". She's definitely inspired me to look at older things in my wardrobe and work out what I can restyle.

Haven't tried her makeup products but they seem to be doing well, hats off to her for working hard, raising capital and building a business. I think a lot of the younger influencers would stand to learn a lot from someone who has been around so long!

Reactions: 25

Libertine

VIP Member
The whole ‘getting up off the floor without using our hands’ was a nauseating display of vanity.

Women aren’t a homogenous group. They can’t all afford to fill their faces with Botox and fillers, slap on expensive skin care, and employ a personal trainer. Staying alive is the priority of many women, not fretting about getting old.

And I hate to tell Trinny and the ghoul but they don’t look young. They look old because they ARE old. And they also look a bit ridiculous and freakish.

• Heart
Reactions: 21

Howdy

VIP Member
Just discovered this thread. I like Trinny and admire her work ethic - she seems to never stop but I do wonder how on earth she keeps going and doesn't burn out. Her past addiction recovery must drive her to do better and have financial security. Helps that Saatchi is her partner as I read somewhere he invested in it, but she does work hard and she can't be accused of just living off his millions.

I wonder what she is like to work for, a hard taskmaster I bet and that isn't a criticism. I did take a break from watching her content for a bit because I found it a bit much after a while: the amount of clothes she has is just not normal and all her beauty regimens and laser masks etc when she flies anywhere. She is obsessed with appearance. It's her business of course with the make up and skin products but she clearly can't bear the idea of ageing. I also just end up thinking she can wear anything because she is so slight and most people in full on sequins or her neon ensembles would look ridiculous rather than stylish.

However, she is fun to watch too as she has charisma and is a bit bonkers I think but very smart and switched on. She's also one of the few brands who speaks so directly to her audience and shows herself getting ready in the morning with tired eyes etc. People massively buy into that because it feels authentic. I saw her at one of her TL events in London, she is very slim and looked radiant in a bright pink outfit. She really takes time to talk to people I have to say. Met Chloe briefly and had a selfie with her lol. I find myself distracted by Trinny's mouth, her lower lip looks not right. I think she's always had big lips though.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 20

Howdy

VIP Member
Yes it was very emotional in parts.
I had never heard her speak in such a contemplative, calm way. Very emotional. She is usually so lively and kind of bonkers (in her way!) that watching her this way was interesting to see. She's very genuine which is quite rare for celebs. There were plenty of long silences which neither she not Steven tried to fill - kudos to him too. I really respect Trinny. She's quite remarkable really.

Last edited:
Reactions: 20

helenhighwater

I am sick and tired of 'Friday Twinning' - it's a load of bollocks and it's so boring! Twinny the skinny one and Chloe the 'fat' one. The outfits are dreadful and unrelatable. Chloe doesn't care what she wears, so it's not much use to us ladies who are carrying extra. I don't trust her judgement, and I honestly don't trust Trinny's as far as plus-size women go either. Her belief that plus-size women should wear round bags because we are... round? wtf. Sorry, just felt the need to rant.

edit: oops... just noticed I wrote 'twinny' haha. I'll leave that there.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 19

Andra

I find I can’t watch Trinny anymore. I like her as a person but the relentless flogging of her makeup has become so tiresome. I can’t afford her makeup at those prices but I now look for cream preparations and there are a few out there at a fraction of the price that work quite well. I hope she starts a trend for similar products by brands like Revlon and Maybelline that I CAN afford.
Closet Confessions is non relatable for me. Who has that many clothes? It’s like these vloggers can’t see something nice without buying it. Sets a terrible example for younger women trying to emulate them and running up massive credit card debt.
And Friday Twinning has been done to death. Trinny always looks better and I feel sad for the other one.
No question Trinny has a great fashion eye but it’s easy when you’re tall and slim. Showing my shape by sticking a belt around my middle stopped being an option for me after menopause.
What I don’t get is Trinny’s terrible taste in shoes. Always big, heavy, clunky looking atrocities and so sick of the platform sneakers. Yes her legs are comparatively short but you can’t tell in a dress so why wear the fugly shoes?
Perhaps I’ve had my fill of tall thin women wearing clothes I’d have no occasion to wear and would look shit in anyway and its time to unfollow.

• Heart
Reactions: 19

Aude

VIP Member
Just discovered this thread. I like Trinny and admire her work ethic - she seems to never stop but I do wonder how on earth she keeps going and doesn't burn out. Her past addiction recovery must drive her to do better and have financial security. Helps that Saatchi is her partner as I read somewhere he invested in it, but she does work hard and she can't be accused of just living off his millions.

I wonder what she is like to work for, a hard taskmaster I bet and that isn't a criticism. I did take a break from watching her content for a bit because I found it a bit much after a while: the amount of clothes she has is just not normal and all her beauty regimens and laser masks etc when she flies anywhere. She is obsessed with appearance. It's her business of course with the make up and skin products but she clearly can't bear the idea of ageing. I also just end up thinking she can wear anything because she is so slight and most people in full on sequins or her neon ensembles would look ridiculous rather than stylish.

However, she is fun to watch too as she has charisma and is a bit bonkers I think but very smart and switched on. She's also one of the few brands who speaks so directly to her audience and shows herself getting ready in the morning with tired eyes etc. People massively buy into that because it feels authentic. I saw her at one of her TL events in London, she is very slim and looked radiant in a bright pink outfit. She really takes time to talk to people I have to say. Met Chloe briefly and had a selfie with her lol. I find myself distracted by Trinny's mouth, her lower lip looks not right. I think she's always had big lips though.
I agree. I'm in awe of her energy and the amount of effort she puts in - e.g. happy to have a photo taken with every single person who came to one of her store events in Australia. I know she has a privileged background but I don't think anyone could say she hasn't earned her success.

Like you, I don't always keep up with her output but I do find much of her content genuinely interesting.

Reactions: 18

Nancy Knows

Chatty Member
Wear what makes you comfortable & is in your spending bracket. If skinny jeans are your thing then so be it. Trinny has her own style that doesn’t translate often past the Kings Road although one can take small inspirations from her. She is quite unique in her style. I still like her, so bonkers in a good way & no ego. She’s raw

Reactions: 18

abelleza

Chatty Member
Yes I get all that- I just can’t believe it is doing her any good. Lyla will never be independent it’s quite sad.
Sorry but isn’t lyla like 18? I hate this view that some people have that as soon as someone turns 18 they have to be 100% independent, yet when they’re 17 they’re still a child. Age is just a number (unfortunate phrase I know), people mature at different rates. Hell, I’m 27 and I still constantly ask my mum for advice.

If a parent can help their child why wouldn’t they? No matter the age. It might be different if she was in her mid 20’s but she’s literally still so young.

• Heart
Reactions: 17

maytoseptember

VIP Member
Trinny never had any boobs. None. I know she claims menopause grew them, but that’s a load of nonsense. Menopause can cause a lot of bodily changes, but suddenly growing a pair of breasts (whilst remaining stick thin everywhere else) isn’t one of them.

• Haha
Reactions: 17

Deevee47

VIP Member
Wow just watched. It’s like a new person! Her energy and happiness is off the scale. Plus. Embracing her curls.. it’s like a new relationship therefore new hairstyle. All the cliches and I’m here for them 😂🥰🥰🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 16

Andra

Am I the only one who thinks her daughter Lyla is a spoiled brat, completely up her own arse, constantly talking over Trinny and therefore REALLY annoying?
Yes I do agree Lyla is an entitled little miss who doesn’t get any discipline from Trinny. She is an adored only child so I sort of get it, but I know from experience that she is doing the child a disservice. Kids that grow up without discipline turn into dreadful adults, immature and self absorbed. No doubt mummy will hang onto Saatchi if she can to ensure she and Lyla continue to live in luxury forever. But I admire Trinny’s work ethic and her makeup business means she has her own income at least.
I struggle with Trinny’s taste in shoes though. I know she is obsessed with making her legs look longer but some of those hideous clunky platforms are just dire. And her love of sequins is questionable. For most of us getting around in top to toe sequins during the day would make people snigger.
The amount of clothes she has is just ridiculous. She claims she wears this or that all the time but with so much to choose from I don’t know how she could possibly get through her entire wardrobe once a year without multiple changes per day.
She is unquestionably beautiful, candid, and very very smart. Overdoes the “darling” of course and I bloody wish she’d leave her hair alone for more than 5 minutes.

• Heart

Neighbourooney

Absolute horseshit being thrown around here. Lyla was filming the live for Trinny, the whole comment section was rude towards Trinny (people complaining they didn’t want comments on screen, people complaining it was dark and about background noise) then the comments started calling Lyla a brat and mocking her accent/voice. Totally out of order and uncalled for. She is a child and not a public figure. She was filming for her mum and people were horrid to her. Trinny ended the live by saying she can take the negative comments because she’s older and has chosen to put herself out in the public but Lyla is a teenager and is more sensitive to the negativity. She defended her daughters voice/accent and said she would take a few days off. She came on stories an hour or so later and said everything was ok with Lyla and she would do the show live another time.

• Wow

KikiOoMomo

Chatty Member
My group chat with my friends has blown up over this, too.

I have friends who have had breast cancer, who have mobility issues from MS, who have left abusive relationships, and who have various disabilities. None of them are measuring the quality of their life by whether they look younger than their age or whether they can stand up without using their hands. None of them feel less than after menopause. Many enjoy the lack of male ogling and finally being able to say what they think.

I rate Trinny’s makeup and used to really love her fashion content, but I’m not enjoying the skeletal, desperate post-Saatchi Trinny.
Trinny is just incredibly superficial, sadly. I recently heard someone talk about how "flattering" always means looking thinner, younger or taller than you actually are and I immediately thought, Trinny is all about that nonsense! Aging is a gift and not guaranteed. Life is too short to be counting out almonds and buying boatloads of Zara in an attempt to look young and thin. I'm all for self-care but she really takes the cake. I can't get over the contrast between her superficial life (all about shopping, clothes, anti-aging treatments, Zara hauls) and how Trinny London is apparently a toxic and demoralizing work environment. Take some of that energy and work to improve your company!

• Heart

50sGirl

VIP Member
I had never heard her speak in such a contemplative, calm way. Very emotional. She is usually so lively and kind of bonkers (in her way!) that watching her this way was interesting to see. She's very genuine which is quite rare for celebs. There were plenty of long silences which neither she not Steven tried to fill - kudos to him too. I really respect Trinny. She's quite remarkable really.
Yes and I do think she is genuine when she says she wants women to feel better about themselves.
She really champions women, unlike Hirons who says she does but then throws a strop if you dare disagree with her.
Chalk and cheese,

• Heart

MaggieAggie

Did anyone see the live this morning? What were people commenting? The description says she had to cut it short and implies people we’re leaving nasty comments about Lyla :(
Yes I saw it. Lyla was doing the filming and somebody made a comment, that of course Lula read, saying something like “why does Lula talk like that? That’s not her real voice”. She then told Trinny that people were being nasty in the comments and started to cry, and Trinny was rightly furious and upset and cut the video short

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 15

Aude

VIP Member
Just to put my two pence in - I actually really enjoy watching Trinny, she is such a breath of fresh air when compared to other influencers. She has a large wardrobe but always says how lucky she is and encourages others to invest in their wardrobe rather than just rush out to buy new things. She recommends high street brands as much as designer goods and doesn't churn through hoards of clothes! She's always using a "belt from 15 years ago", "this Zara top from three years ago", the suit from ASOS last year". She's definitely inspired me to look at older things in my wardrobe and work out what I can restyle.

Haven't tried her makeup products but they seem to be doing well, hats off to her for working hard, raising capital and building a business. I think a lot of the younger influencers would stand to learn a lot from someone who has been around so long!
I'm not watching Trinny much at the moment (I go through phases) but I agree with you. I think she's a social media natural - always/unapologetically herself, high energy, seems to genuinely like engaging with people, pretty thick-skinned (seems to take criticism in her stride).

I agree too that, although she's undoubtedly priveleged, she's very aware that people don't have her resources and she manages to get that across without being condescending.

I also like that she's always been open about the cosmetic procedures she has. Influencers and celebrities are tending to be a bit more open about it these days, but Trinny always has been. Five or so years ago she was the only one (as far I know) posting videos of herself getting Botox.

KikiOoMomo

Chatty Member
She really needs to do a cull when she has all her clothes all in one place so she can see the huge number of duplicate items.
Maybe she can book Wembley Stadium for a day 🤣

Sadly I think she's aware of the duplicates and doesn't see an issue. She's always pointing out miniscule differences ("this is more dark cerulean than a true navy, so I'll keep both"). Hoarders will always find a justification. I think she also buys things impulsively and keeps them to not feel bad about wasting money, even those she'll moan about her credit card bills (stop buying £10,000 jackets and £2,500 bags, then?!?).

Debtex

I find also her approach to ageing rankles me . I’m 61 but I look and dress to be fashionable. I also try to stay active and ride my horse 4 times a week . However I had chemo for breast cancer and I have R A . Both sap energy and limit what I can do . Trinny should consider herself lucky that she can actually do all these exercise classes as some of us can’t . Staying fit and young looking is also down to good luck just as much as it is to self care .

• Heart