Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

BWa

Chatty Member
I’m afraid nearly every celebrity on social media is there to sell something, whether it’s a product or a film or a book or music…
Even before she launched Trinny London she was selling her expertise of dressing yourself. I’m sorry her comment clearly felt very personal to you.

Reactions: 8

queenamber

VIP Member
She does seem even thinner than normal. I mean the fact that she can wrap a thin scarf or sarong around her body multiple times and create an entire dress tells you how tiny she is.

Howdy

VIP Member
Re.the post about the FB Live two posts up from here (tried replying but it kept formatting strangely), if that's the case I hope it's useful for Lyla. She suffered a huge trauma at a young age so it is not surprising there are some underlying anxiety issues. She is extremely close to her mum by the looks of things. Gap year and travel can wait a bit until she feels more ready to cope with it. I don't think we can judge, not saying you were by the way. A lot say she is spoilt and she probably is. They live a privileged life and they live with Saatchi for God's sake 😂, her mother has the largest wardrobe known to man and she has probably been overindulged after the father died. I don't think she's a bad kid although of course I don't know anything about her really and can't say she poses much interest for me. I'm here for Trinny! I got a bit bored of her posts recently, nothing really to do with her, think I just got bored of the same stuff every day and Friday Twinning! I also can't believe the extent of her wardrobe sometimes. It is insane.

• Heart

Mitzymooface

VIP Member
If she’s a home bird why not Uni nearer home? She’s been away at school previously so it shouldn’t be such a wrench.

I guess in fairness as well that she has been working in fashion / styling for 30+ years which explains where a lot of those clothes come from

Agree the shoes are hideous though. Even though she's tried to rebrand her image as a lot more "body positive" than when she was doing What Not to Wear I think she still holds onto a lot of the core ideas she had back then - especially that clothes should make you look as thin as possible (hence the shoes intended to balance out her "chunky" calves)

queenamber

VIP Member
Trinny is a social climber,a con artist,master manipulator, narcissist and willing to do whatever it takes to achieve money and power.
thats her secret. (same reason she was willing to rim charles shitty arse all those years , even moving her precious child into his house, wasting the best years of her child, until she had enough money to cut off the cancer tumor that he was of her life) she is empty on the inside and will never be truly happy.
Tell us how you really feel 😂

• Haha

bluefox9

I really like Trinny but WTF is this?! “Friday twinning” is beyond gimmicky at this point - it’s like a satire of two 7 year olds playing in their mum’s closet 😳 Feels very juvenile and goes against all Trinny’s advice about dressing for your shape and colours - considering she and Chloe look absolutely nothing alike it’s not like the same outfit is ever going to suit both of them.

I’ve always found Chloe incredibly irritating!!

Attachments

• Heart
  • Wow

pinkrobot

VIP Member
I guess in fairness as well that she has been working in fashion / styling for 30+ years which explains where a lot of those clothes come from

Agree the shoes are hideous though. Even though she's tried to rebrand her image as a lot more "body positive" than when she was doing What Not to Wear I think she still holds onto a lot of the core ideas she had back then - especially that clothes should make you look as thin as possible (hence the shoes intended to balance out her "chunky" calves)
But to be fair most people (when buying/choosing clothes) try to pick what flatters or suits them. Insta Trinny has been a bit of a lockdown discovery and joy for me. So much more authentic and honest than all the wannabe Trinnys and influencers. I'm a totally different shape to her but she has made me really rethink how I wear colours and colour combos.

smurphette

VIP Member
Or they don’t mature at all if they aren’t given opportunities to independently learn and practice life skills and coping skills. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Trinny didn’t mention what illness Lyla had, but no doubt everyone on the flight from Tokyo to London now has it too.
My mother was very strict so I was pretty sheltered and academic in school. However, once I'd finished and was off to university I got a part time job to have some money for myself etc. One of the things I'm most grateful for is that when I started it and hated it, my Dad told me to persist and not just leave based on first impressions. To try to figure out the mean boss and find a way of working with her. I ended up staying there 4 years, only leaving when the schedule didn't suit study. That benefitted me later in my "proper" jobs too, which also often involved challenging personalities. Suppose there's a balance to be struck between being cared for and being encouraged to stand on your own two feet.

• Heart

Grizzlybear

VIP Member
I had some other tinted moisturiser to use up (emergency airport purchase) and so just restocked my bff after a few months not using it. Literally, the compliments about how well and fresh I looked, what have I done, absolutely glowing etc 😂😭😭 never using anything else!

I do stand by my previous post about her making me really think about purchases. I did very well before, but in pandemic fell into a cheer myself up shopping trap. For the last year I have replaced some staple bits but tried them on with multiple things, and it’s been one in one out. I’ve bought some quality bits in sale out of season and actually jammed my equivalent money in savings because who can be shopping mindlessly in this climate.

• Heart
I have a lip/cheek colour from Trinny London and like it. Dubious about the "colour match" service on her website though, it suggested colours that wouldn't look good on me at all. Some people claim that under "season" colour types anyone with black hair is automatically a "winter" - obviously a ridiculous idea since it covers a vast number of people, all of different races, skin tones, eye colours, etc. Maybe her algorithm is based on something like that idea

I like her wardrobe videos but agree she has a ton of clothes she can't possibly wear, and her choices aren't always flattering. She talks a lot about how her attitude has shifted since What Not To Wear (especially since a lot of her and Susannah's comments on the show are now considered sexist and "body shaming") but still seems to hold on to the idea that your clothes should always make you look thinner. That's fine, but looking slightly smaller in something does not mean it always looks good on you - the clunky shoes are a good example

Reactions: 7