Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Howdy

VIP Member
So after the whirlwind trip to Canada and New York, she's back and straight into a full day of meetings. Her energy is just insane.
I literally just watched her stories and wondered how on earth she does it. And after all her meetings she's got to present or go to an awards do tonight. I feel gross after flying longhaul. She must naturally have a lot of energy!

Reactions: 8
That's the thing. It's a bit like when they were doing What Not to Wear - know certain styles just do nothing for me. I don't have the "right" shape. And skinnies are so comfy too! Will probably just keep wearing them (and slim cut) until they come back into fashion.

I love her style, but it would be...impractical for me at work etc. And I don't have her height to pull it off either. Suppose I'm stuck with working with what I have :ROFLMAO:
You can still do accessories, patterns, colour combinations,… (if you like, ofc…) That’s what I mostly take away from her videos, because… I‘m a 37yr old teacher living in Austria, being 5“3 and a size 20, soooo… many of the fashion she chooses is not accessible to me or fitting for my lifestyle anyway. Still, I adore her fashion content (most of the time) and get inspiration from it.

Joannabloggs

VIP Member
I’m afraid nearly every celebrity on social media is there to sell something, whether it’s a product or a film or a book or music…
Even before she launched Trinny London she was selling her expertise of dressing yourself. I’m sorry her comment clearly felt very personal to you.
Sephora have said to their buying teams not to launch anymore brands fronted by celebrities. The market is saturated and the consumer knows most makeup is made in the same factories anyway

Linkylu

Chatty Member
She miiiiight have overdone it a bit with the celebration of her latest release. Slowly I begin to find that Trinny Tribers a bit creepy and cult like.
I was a Trinny Triber and left after a couple of months, the fangirling over Trinny was insane. Grown women getting ridiculously giddy with excitement about an item of clothing Trinny was wearing or a bag she had, and asking where they could source it. The crazy levels of excitement when a shopping meet-up with Trinny was planned. Maybe I’m just too grumpy 😄 but it creeped me out and was too sheep like.

• Haha

Jwren

VIP Member
Sorry but no respect for Trinny ripping off Beyoncé’s album cover to promote herself off the back of and she clearly agreed to it. It’s someone else’s creativity and Trinny’s supposed to be a stylist, she should have come up with her own interpretation of Lady Godiva.
I remember her using the Lionesses win, I think it was last year to promote her products off and she was rightly criticised for that.

I think some of the criticism of Trinny & Susannah is a bit exaggerated. Pretty much all makeover shows from that time period now get criticised because "you're telling people their own ~creative, unique, individual~ fashion sense isn't good enough and trying to make them look identical!!!" I remember an article calling them homophobic because they supposedly only ever gave straight women makeovers, the author clearly thought all lesbians are stereotypical butches and was about as offensive as the show!

But T&S could be incredibly harsh: frequently commenting on things like "saggy tits" or "you're TOO OLD for that." There's a n episode that can be seen on YouTube where they make over a woman who was a housemistress at Eaton and keep complaining about her wearing short skirts/low-cut tops and repeatedly call her a "floozy" (slut). If I were her I'd have wanted to slap them!
Also, wasn’t that somehow the concept of the show and the reason for people to watch it? The whole TV-landscape simply has changed since then as well. See casting shows, who are nowadays (at least in my country) a bit more aware and … woke.
Even Trinny herself has changed drastically.

But still. Critique is also fair enough and creates awareness of the topic, which I support.

KikiOoMomo

Chatty Member
Ex-husband was dodgy. Maybe he was selling it on the side. He had links with terrible terrible people. The type that make you vanish
I just read the BuzzFeed News article about all these "suicides". Trinny's jewelry going missing is the least of her concerns; I'd be fearful of my safety being with a man on Putin's hit list. Good grief 😭

It's becoming clear the new house is her excuse to shop. She's going to fill that place to the brim and then do yet another clean out with bags and bags of stuff off to charity shops or her Vestaire Collective account.

Rubyroo160

I really like Trinny but really wish she would stop this new crop top obsession, she’s nearly 60! She looks fab but personally I’d leave the crop tops to the youngsters.

• Heart

maytoseptember

VIP Member
20 yrs is a huge age gap and as shes shown u notice it more when that person grows older
I bet 20 years older seems like nothing when a man is fit and well, but it’s a different story when he’s pushing 80.

I honestly don’t know what she saw in him, other than money. Especially looking at his toxic marriage with Nigella. I remember she once said something about Charles never eating anything she cooked in favour of hard boiled eggs (Atkins diet I think) and I thought what a joyless household it must be.

Last edited:

Deevee47

VIP Member
I just don’t imagine what’s new in the book that she hasn’t already said tbh. Not worth the £20 and I have more than enough coffee table books!
Has anyone read her new book Fear less? I’m debating with myself whether or not I want to spend £20 on it!! Might wait to see what the reviews are like first

Nancy Knows

Chatty Member
That’s not fair. She was recreating a 1960s look for a shoot. Of course everything is going to be more more more.

What gives me the ick is when she promotes skincare on skin that couldn’t be more filled / injected / botoxed up. That’s not natural good skin. It’s a chemical enhanced mess. And don’t start me on the hooker lips 💋

I think some of the criticism of Trinny & Susannah is a bit exaggerated. Pretty much all makeover shows from that time period now get criticised because "you're telling people their own ~creative, unique, individual~ fashion sense isn't good enough and trying to make them look identical!!!" I remember an article calling them homophobic because they supposedly only ever gave straight women makeovers, the author clearly thought all lesbians are stereotypical butches and was about as offensive as the show!

But T&S could be incredibly harsh: frequently commenting on things like "saggy tits" or "you're TOO OLD for that." There's a n episode that can be seen on YouTube where they make over a woman who was a housemistress at Eaton and keep complaining about her wearing short skirts/low-cut tops and repeatedly call her a "floozy" (slut). If I were her I'd have wanted to slap them!

• Wow

LizzieE.

Its a not very nuanced view. Life comes at us in different ways and none of us know what's in store. When my body failed, I raged about all the good choices I'd made and why me etc. None of which are useful either.
The health and wellness industry seem to be awash with clean this and that when at the end of the day stuff can happen that supplements and treatments will no impact on. There are no miracles

bluefox9

I thought it was widely known that he did invest in the business when she was getting started?

Trinny has had a successful career in her own right and also comes from somewhat of an aristocratic background, so I can see why she gets upset at some of the assumptions around Charles - especially when she’s not even married to him.

Something else I will say for Trinny being the CEO of her business is she seems to be genuinely invested in her products - she’s not just “the face of the brand” who posts the odd link and promo code on Instagram when she feels like it

• Heart

Libertine

VIP Member
Lyla won’t mature if she isn’t given opportunities to make mistakes and experience adversity then work out solutions on her own.

Trinny would no doubt have had Lyla attending London’s top child psychologist after the death of her father. Lyla should have some day to day coping skills at 18, but instead she’s totally enmeshed with Trinny.

I really adore Trinny’s content. I think she’s a genuinely good, caring person as well as whip smart and entertaining. Her business is an utter credit to her. But whenever Trinny shows Lyla, Lyla is being babied and over-indulged, including being spoken to like a toddler, and I think boring and disengage. It’s not the flex Trinny thinks it is.

Lyla turned 19 in October, too. 😂

Last edited:
  • Heart