Travel Vloggers and VanLifers

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Travel Beans. Three days in a Swedish Cottage and now they are thinking of buying a remote Swedish fixer upper? Good grief.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Travel Beans. Three days in a Swedish Cottage and now they are thinking of buying a remote Swedish fixer upper? Good grief.
wait until they add up the costs to get all the materials on site. I figured that is why they abandoned the Portugal plan.

Reactions: 1
What's with all the van lifers buying remote cottages with outbuildings at the moment?

Reactions: 5
Honestly, the Beans lately are annoying me. Grow up and make some decisions. You have a kid to raise. In England. In Sweden. In Portugal. In the USA. Just pick a spot and figure it out.

The thing is if they do settle down I am sure they are worried their views will tank and what will they do about money.

Reactions: 4
What's with all the van lifers buying remote cottages with outbuildings at the moment?

monkey see, monkey do... because they think that first monkey gained views/subs or just overall momentum so they need to jump on the train.

plus a lot of them are idiots without a creative gene in their body to come up with their own ideas

I just feel like its the opposite to the freedom, you know? I always thought freedom was about visiting a busy city one day and then heading to a rural place the next. This is just pure "we're going to go live in the boonies and not have a flushing toilet". An unrelated account I saw was some couple who moved to a rural Scottish cottage, no heating, they were 8 miles from a town and they didn't drive. Just seemed like... borderline prepper/insane behaviour.

Yes, I thought that too. But Steve and Kathryn are constantly moaning about everything! They should think themselves lucky they can travel and not have to work!! Why moan about a tit night sleep, when you parked up near a building site! Always justifying the money they spend on beers, trets etc…yawn! And they visit the most boring places, like war museums and never film the good things they stumble across. I’ve noticed how much weight they a put on aswell since living in the van.
I have a theory that Susie & Steve are secretly having an affair…listen to the songs they play on their vlogs 🤔😎😂 and when he was left with susie at his camper alone (he sent zacky & Kath off to town) I reckon they 😉😉😉😉ged, as when Kath got back, he was overly affectionate towards her and he’s never done that on the videos. Might all be innocent, but just putting it out there 😉☺
This made me laugh because I’ve thought the same thing, glad someone else had noticed! I think something went on with them in Spain, Kath was in the van with Zak, Steve went off for a bike ride surprise surprise who did he bump into, you could see Susie walking around with him whilst her Steve was out with friends 🤔

This made me laugh because I’ve thought the same thing, glad someone else had noticed! I think something went on with them in Spain, Kath was in the van with Zak, Steve went off for a bike ride surprise surprise who did he bump into, you could see Susie walking around with him whilst her Steve was out with friends 🤔
Yes! That’s right! Kaths Steve was in Susie’s vlog, but he didn’t mention her in his! All very strange. They don’t seem to be like a couple anymore in their vlogs out and about and almost a tension between them, like they argue a lot 🤔 I mean, I didn’t see the split coming with Susie and her fella. Are Steve and Kath just together for the boy? 🤨

Camper Vibe have bought a house in very rural Ireland. I find the smaller one, Emily?, incredibly false. It's like she plays up to being girlish and ditzy, laughing at absolutely nothing all the time so Louise can be wise and sensible.
Sounds like they're going still be living in their van while they do up the place.

Reactions: 8
Camper Vibe have bought a house in very rural Ireland. I find the smaller one, Emily?, incredibly false. It's like she plays up to being girlish and ditzy, laughing at absolutely nothing all the time so Louise can be wise and sensible.
Sounds like they're going still be living in their van while they do up the place.
I used to really like the girls but I agree there seems to be a lot more playing up for the camera these days.

Reactions: 7
I used to like them too but the constant moaning about the weather (either too hot or too wet) and the travel with pets got on my nerves. Plus I have zero interest in vanners buying remote properties to do up. So I gave up watching about a year ago, can't say I've missed them.
Pretty much all the van folk have got so boring. I prefer watching travel vlogs of hikers, cyclists and runners doing stuff off the beaten track, actual effort required, engagement with local communities, that kind of thing.

I've given up on Camper Vibe many months ago too. I find Louise unbearable and their content is so stale and formulaic, that it bores me to death. I'm not interested in 20 minutes of driving footage with endless waffling. Emily buying snacks and googling facts about a place is not engaging and I also don't need to watch another van lifer drive through France to Spain ever again. Other European countries exist.

I think the only channel I'm still looking forward to every week is Boat Time (narrowboaters). Apart from them, I love watching vlogs of people cycling around the world for a year or two. That's an unmatched level of adventure full of unpredictability and interesting stories along the way.

Travel Beans have been trying to buy a house in Sweden in the middle of nowhere after spending about five minutes in the country. 🤦🏼‍♀️🙄 No luck though after someone offered more than they could afford.

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Beans need to grow up and think ahead more than six days ahead. -Let’s move to Sweden (even though Golly Spring arrives later here), but real estate in the sticks is cheap and we’ve been in this new nation to us for a hot minute.

The more we watch them the more I think they are both and especially Al want to find a cheat code to life. Hey, buying a house, now that we have kid, in Britain isn’t cheap or in the States, but Sweden . . . Yeah! Good grief.

I have to say I did feel a teeeeeeny bit bad for Travel Beans missing out just because Emma looked so broken by the whole thing, but equally I could see them buying a place, doing it up then getting bored and selling it on. Al just seemed to be bobbing along quite happily playing grown up like there was no stakes involved.

Travel Beans have been trying to buy a house in Sweden in the middle of nowhere after spending about five minutes in the country. 🤦🏼‍♀️🙄 No luck though after someone offered more than they could afford.
so wait, didn't watch, they found but didn't buy their dream house?

just like the previous "buying" video...

oh the clickbait

Reactions: 3
Beans need to grow up and think ahead more than six days ahead. -Let’s move to Sweden (even though Golly Spring arrives later here), but real estate in the sticks is cheap and we’ve been in this new nation to us for a hot minute.

The more we watch them the more I think they are both and especially Al want to find a cheat code to life. Hey, buying a house, now that we have kid, in Britain isn’t cheap or in the States, but Sweden . . . Yeah! Good grief.
Have they even gone to a grocery store while in Sweden...? I predict we'll see them packing once they find out how much food - and beer! - cost in Sweden... Had to laugh at Emma complaining outside one of the houses they were considering how the ground was so wet there and puddling so clearly it wasn't a good place for them. Uh... it's spring, the snow is melting everywhere, there's bound to be puddles and wet ground! 😂 Their "dream house" had a steep incline leading towards the lake - clearly a very good place for a toddler to run around unsupervised as he often seems to be.

I can't figure out why they are house hunting all over Europe. I think in one of the previous videos Alex talking about how they felt like it was so expensive everywhere and since they have a kid, unsafe and they were worried about wars and such... Ok, so Sweden...? :unsure: There's no imminent danger now of course but if he's thinking of possible threat of war in the future then I think he needs to pack his family and move to Antarctica or something. Or I don't know, what place on earth wouldn't have any threat of that...? I wonder if they abandoned Portugal after all the news stories lately about British immigrants being attacked on their country houses.

They were both just floating in the air, completely unrealistic about everything and absolutely no idea about how it is to live in a country where there's snow about half of the year. Alex even stating "it's only four hours drive to Stockholm airport" while a local woman in the comments stated it actually is about 10 hours drive there. Another one also pointed out they'd be in trouble in the middle of nowhere should they need urgent health care etc. and probably needed to buy a tractor to keep the roads open in the winter.

Reactions: 3