Travel Vloggers and VanLifers

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I get the idea they are trying to avoid a mortgage or rent. To live well on the cheap. I get it. Who enjoys the monthly payment, but get realistic. They should live in Britain their home country where there is family etc. or the U.S. with the common language and Emma childhood connection to the U.S. this would require a mortgage and making payments with a steady income and Al surely has no appetite for consistent work. He’s always whining about capitalism and corporation when I just think he’s making excuses for being lazy. (Look! There is Al slinking off to another pub.)

I think they could still make a go of it settling down in the U.K./U.S. but they’d have to get more creative on YouTube. I am not sure they have that in them. Why they did not think all this before they had a son is beyond me.

Reactions: 3
They should live in Britain their home country where there is family etc.
agreed. family is especially important now with the baby. and in a pinch, free child care. (as long as that isn't abused so that they can travel without him)

Alex has a poorly-concealed drinking problem and Emma has no personality, drive or ambition to speak of, so they should really just buy somewhere in the UK that they can move straight into because any huge project they take on is going to end up in disaster. Hopefully they buy somewhere with a proper bathroom as they both look like they need a good wash. I can't believe they're responsible for a tiny human.

Reactions: 5
Emma did do thier VW van conversation herself. She can pull it together when she needs to do it. Al in every project house they looked at he keeps saying they want to get something to fix up, but not too much of a fixer-upper. With the budgets they have in mind Sweden, UK, US or wherever they are going to be needing to take on a pretty labor and/or cost intensive project.

I alway compare them to the Endless Adventure and Our Wild RV life. Both of those couples don’t have a kid to care for and have a concentrate work ethic when then need it. The Beans want to be these nature loving small van travel types, when I really just think they are middle class suburban people at heart and don’t have the work ethic to pull off their country/nomadic lifestyle. Plus, they have a kid to raise. At some point that kid when need a home of some sort and educated.

While the 9 to 5 work life is not for everyone, I think the Beans would benefit from it.

Reactions: 2
Alex has a poorly-concealed drinking problem and Emma has no personality, drive or ambition to speak of, so they should really just buy somewhere in the UK that they can move straight into because any huge project they take on is going to end up in disaster. Hopefully they buy somewhere with a proper bathroom as they both look like they need a good wash. I can't believe they're responsible for a tiny human.
Having the baby has killed their channel.

Reactions: 1
Having the baby has killed their channel.
I stopped following them when they took their tiny newborn on that stupid boat that they didn't even know how to steer and ended up leaving early because they couldn't cope. I did actually feel a bit sorry for Emma as she had just given birth and was obviously exhausted, but Alex was just acting like it was business as usual but this time with a baby. Embarrassing and totally reckless.

Reactions: 4
I feel that a lot of these so called “nomads“ don’t know what they want. Take The Nomadic Introvert, for instance. First, she was living in a van and noe she is living in an SUV. Today, she announced that she is looking for a homestead. Either a tiny home or garage, and will not be filming or sharing where she lives with her subscribers because she wants privacy. First, she shares everything with her subscribers and now suddenly she wants privacy. It seems to me that she had it all planned out. Live in her van for a while, live the nomadic lifestyle, work a regular job and grow her channel. Then, when she had enough money, quit her job, travel all around the world, and buy a tiny home. Anthony from Life With Anthony was a channel that I enjoyed watching. However, just like The Nomadic Introvert, it seems that he doesn’t know what he wants and changes his mind constantly. First, he lived in an SUV, then he lived in a mini van. He spent $5,000 to convert his mini van. Had it equipped with an outdoor kitchen, you name it, only to sell it a few months later and buy a travel trailer. Now, he is has a permanent space at a campground and is thinking of buying a tiny home. He also spends money like crazy and his campground space is very cluttered with stuff. I feel that he is trying to fill some void in his life with material things. Also, he didn’t have much money before, so the minute he got some money, he started spending like crazy. He always talks about having enough money to retire, but I doubt that he is saving that much, considering how he spends money and how much he travels. I remember one time he mentioned that he would stop working full time and continue to work part time and go back to living in an apartment, because he did not like the nomadic life and was tired of it. However, shortly after, his channel grew significantly and he decided to continue with the lifestyle because if he would have gone back to live in an apartment, he would not have made any YouTube money. I don’t believe he is happy with the nomadic lifestyle. I believe that these YouTubers become “nomads” just so they can get views and money, and can eventually purchase a home. Just my opinion. I could be wrong.

Reactions: 1
I think some of it is to do with trends Van Wives were the first I noticed doing this. Went from full time van life travelling all over the Americas and then bought an off grid place in the middle of Canadian(I think) woods. They've done very well with it which is why I think you are seeing many other Van lifers start thinking about following that trend as the van life thing seems to be less fashionable now.

I think some of it is to do with trends Van Wives were the first I noticed doing this. Went from full time van life travelling all over the Americas and then bought an off grid place in the middle of Canadian(I think) woods. They've done very well with it which is why I think you are seeing many other Van lifers start thinking about following that trend as the van life thing seems to be less fashionable now.
so we should expect a bunch of channels rebranding to homesteading in the near future.

I never really understood full time vanlifers. I mean I get the thrill of being able to be on the move and see new places but how many actually do it and not vlog it for YouTube to earn money?