Tracey Quinn #2 Free pink hair, self care and willllllooow bear

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I agree with whoever said Tracey definitely doesn’t look after herself now that she’s a mother. If you’re a long time follower you’ll see when Billy was 3-4 Tracey used get the nails done, hair etc and dress up (rarely but more often than now) but since willow she’s back to scruffy 24/7. That’s why I feel she will struggle with a niche in blogging or even a job outside of online content with family website because she’s not polished in so many ways and we aren’t talking about being rich here. It costs nothing to clean and brush and style your hair or yourself in the mornings at home. By comparison I’ve never seen plenty other mom bloggers online with roots to their ears, chipped nails for months or saving sweet corn in the freezer. I just couldn’t enjoy life that way. I’ve to go on a training course with a color brand tomorrow until Wednesday this week and I’m off to town to pick myself up some new bits of clothes and undies and get the nails done. We aren’t flush at all, we both work and life is busy but it will make ME feel better in myself when I face a course during the week and that’s why we do these things isnt it- for ourselves ?

Reactions: 8
I agree with whoever said Tracey definitely doesn’t look after herself now that she’s a mother. If you’re a long time follower you’ll see when Billy was 3-4 Tracey used get the nails done, hair etc and dress up (rarely but more often than now) but since willow she’s back to scruffy 24/7. That’s why I feel she will struggle with a niche in blogging or even a job outside of online content with family website because she’s not polished in so many ways and we aren’t talking about being rich here. It costs nothing to clean and brush and style your hair or yourself in the mornings at home. By comparison I’ve never seen plenty other mom bloggers online with roots to their ears, chipped nails for months or saving sweet corn in the freezer. I just couldn’t enjoy life that way. I’ve to go on a training course with a color brand tomorrow until Wednesday this week and I’m off to town to pick myself up some new bits of clothes and undies and get the nails done. We aren’t flush at all, we both work and life is busy but it will make ME feel better in myself when I face a course during the week and that’s why we do these things isnt it- for ourselves ?
I don’t know how anyone keeps up with their nails tbh. I started getting mine done last year. But at €25 a pop I couldn’t justify getting it done every 2/3 weeks.

Reactions: 4
I don’t know how anyone keeps up with their nails tbh. I started getting mine done last year. But at €25 a pop I couldn’t justify getting it done every 2/3 weeks.
I’d get mine done every 3 weeks, sooner if needed. I painted them myself during lockdown. It’s my treat and I don’t have to justify it.

Reactions: 2
I listened to the whole ep and left feeling like Mystic Ma is the root of Traceys issues. She is a total narcissist and ran her gaggle like a 1950s/60s house wife (ie. Oldest daughter shouldering most of the house work / childminding) she ran a very tight and frugal ship with all treats reserved for herself in the form of hair, nails and face cream. Tracey never had that growing up and prob feels guilty spending on herself now

Shellac is expensive and I like to keep mine up but when I cant afford it or my nails need a break I use gel polish remover, clip my nails short, file and clear polish. None of this gross leaving chipped shellac on for months or leaving my own nails filthy and overgrown with food and makeup underneath 🤮

• Heart
Reactions: 6
The rotten nails and her squishing the families food between her fingers the other day made my stomach turn, the garlic 🤮

• Sick
Reactions: 5
I get my nails done every 3/4weeks. I don't go out, all my money goes on the kids so that is the one thing I like to have for myself x

Reactions: 3
No issue in any mother treating herself, life is for living, but not if it means your kids have to go without. She easily could have bought Tracey her school book and got a cheaper cream in Boots / waited and got her cream at a later time.

The whole ep left me feeling uneasy. It was Ma taking a trip down memory lane recounting tales of her "self care" which only served to highlight that Tracey would do anything to win Ma's approval and often had to sacrifice her time and necessities to fulfil Ma's selfish wishes

What stood out for me was the no mention of the dad/husband. No context as to why Tracey had to pick up the slack when her mam needed her own time or needed help around the place. Was she a single mam from when they were young. she did mention getting lone parent so maybe. Very sad for Tracey if she had take on the role of a parent and tbh it explains alot about why Tracey is the way she is. Something deeply concerning that you would get a designer face cream over your child's schoolbook. How did she know she was going to get money the next day..but Tracey lives off her every word and sees nothing wrong with it. Alot is said about Tracey on this but I doubt she would that to her children.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
What stood out for me was the no mention of the dad/husband. No context as to why Tracey had to pick up the slack when her mam needed her own time or needed help around the place. Was she a single mam from when they were young. she did mention getting lone parent so maybe. Very sad for Tracey if she had take on the role of a parent and tbh it explains alot about why Tracey is the way she is. Something deeply concerning that you would get a designer face cream over your child's schoolbook. How did she know she was going to get money the next day..but Tracey lives off her every word and sees nothing wrong with it. Alot is said about Tracey on this but I doubt she would that to her children.
TT said before they split up when she was around 12. As shes the oldest its clear that left her fulfiling tasks so Ma could have her self care. Nothing wrong with having the kids help out, but by Ma's own admission she put too much on Traceys shoulders having her help with cooking, cleaning and child minding. My take is she wanted to please her Mam and the Ma took advantage of that.

She said she chose to buy the cream over Traceys book not knowing when she would have the money again and as luck would have it she came into money a few days later. Thats beyond selfish. Dont have 5 kids if you cant provide for them /make sacrifices yourself so they have what they need.

Someone mentioned parentifcation on another thread very apt regarding Tracey here

Reactions: 1
Have to agree it was an uneasy listen and it really began to think I see why Tracey doesn’t fit into any particular insta click and why she’s so reluctant to care for herself despite thinking a bath, the daily need to wash ourselves - might be classed as self care !!

Parentification for sure. I guess the mother was rediscovering herself post divorce and took advantage of Traceys willingness to helpout.

The text book story made me feel sad 😔 The mother said it was Traceys1st year of secondary school. That anxiety riddled time in a young teens life where you notice any difference between yourself and your peers. I dont care how much her mother felt she needed that cream it was thoughtless and what would she have done if she didnt get that cheque?

Every time the mother mentioned how she leaned on Tracey or how much of a help she was, Tracey awkwardly laughed it off as "no harm done" its obvious there are issues there...

Haven’t finished listening to the podcast but yes it was uncomfortable and kind of sad. I agree with the older ones helping out a bit as it teaches them responsibility but sounds like Tracey was a second mother as a young girl which is just not right.

That’s very true! 👏🏽Who posted that?
Yasmin O Connor. I like her, she’s a straight talker, no airs and graces.

Have always thought Tracey has issues, it’s no surprise to see why too. Always thought she put such pressure on herself to project to others how happy she is and how perfect her life is so I’ve always felt there must be a reason why. That’s why I find her so unrelatable.

It also explains why these threads get to her so badly. She is a people pleaser and she did all that for her mam so she could please her and not get given out to and tracy as a child probably believed that her mam will continue to like her if she did even though her mam would but when you are child that is distorted. She wants everyone to like her and it upsets her because some people dont. its probably because shes childlike in many ways coz she didnt get to be a child. That podcast explains so much to be honest

I find her so unrelatable. She lets on to be so sound, yet shes always falling out with people. Shes so proud of her house and kids, yet has no pride in their appearance. Makes out she doesnt care what anyone thinks of her but she constantly references tattle s obsessed with how shes perceived.

Can't get over the Clairns cream story. So so selfish. It's far from Clairns she was reared I'd say 🤣 what mother thinks it's okay to go and purchase an expensive face cream over a child's school book when you don't have a pot to piss in in the first place. Good job the law of attraction came into play the next day when an unexpected income came through. Mystic Ma is a serious dose if you ask me 🔮

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.