Topshop Nostalgia

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Got given a load of ASOS vouchers for Xmas and am off to the post office later to return EVERYTHING I bought as the quality and cuts are so terrible. I can see why they are doing so badly šŸ˜­

• Wow
Reactions: 3
Ugh asos is so hit and miss these days! Their quality has fallen off a cliff

I also hate the idea of paid returns, just another way for the consumer to be penalised when in fact online photos on their websites and sizing is almost always off you usually have to buy two sizes at a time!

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Whatā€™s everyoneā€™s recommendations for affordable clothes that arenā€™t totally awful quality? I had to delete Depop because of so many issues and Iā€™m finding Vinted is going the same way. Iā€™ve even received things with tags that are still somehow torn or stained.

Whatā€™s everyoneā€™s recommendations for affordable clothes that arenā€™t totally awful quality? I had to delete Depop because of so many issues and Iā€™m finding Vinted is going the same way. Iā€™ve even received things with tags that are still somehow torn or stained.
Very keen to hear these! Especially if there's any smaller online brands people would recommend.

its a shame, ive started having issues with vinted too as it has got super popular. 2 separate occasions something has arrived with a stain or hole not mentioned in the description, and ive noticed more and more people reselling shein/aliexpress on there. so annoying.

Reactions: 2
does anyone like weekday? Ive bought a few bits before but because I can only buy online and I find that their sizing is very big. I love an oversized fit but it's sooo hard to get the right fit

does anyone like weekday? Ive bought a few bits before but because I can only buy online and I find that their sizing is very big. I love an oversized fit but it's sooo hard to get the right fit
Weekday quality is very good but yes their sizing is usually very oversized or too slim fitting- quite inconsistent! I think if retailers put more precise measurements such as pit to pit it would cut down on returns !

i love weekday for their basics but twice i've bought jeans from there and they've ripped within the first few months!

• Wow
  • Sad
So I can't believe I'm recommending a brand my Nan used to order out of a catalogue but I bought some plain t shirts off eBay from Cotton Traders and the quality is incredible. Better than any high street brand I've seen in about 15 years.

I don't know what the quality is like for new products but there's probably less demand for them on eBay compared to brands like Cos/French Connnection etc.

So if you want some basics I would recommend giving them a go! I might even try buying some new t shirts and jumpers provided the Cotton Traders logo isn't on them lmfao.

• Heart
Got given a load of ASOS vouchers for Xmas and am off to the post office later to return EVERYTHING I bought as the quality and cuts are so terrible. I can see why they are doing so badly šŸ˜­
I refuse to buy from 'Topshop' now they're owned by ASOS, similarly I used to love Oasis and Warehouse but now that they're owned by Boohoo I won't go near them, the new styles aren't nice and heard dreadful reports of quality.

Reactions: 6
I refuse to buy from 'Topshop' now they're owned by ASOS, similarly I used to love Oasis and Warehouse but now that they're owned by Boohoo I won't go near them, the new styles aren't nice and heard dreadful reports of quality.
All the old Debenham brands are shocking now as well. My Dad used to love Mantaray bless him but the quality is horrendous šŸ˜­

• Heart
Warehouse used to be amazing up until 2/3 years ago, styles are great but quality is absolutely awful !

Reactions: 4
They're awful. I hate Oxford Street these days, used to love it back in the day, it was usually uncomfortably busy but it was exciting and I always came home with something, I remember the rush of excitement going into the big Topshop, so sad it's gone

I used to love ASOS when it first started as As Seen On Screen and theyā€™d copy stuff from tv shows & films etc. Itā€™s just so big now thereā€™s so much choice itā€™s hard to filter down to what your looking for. it puts me off really. Theyā€™d have been better off having different brands under the ASOS umbrella for different styles.

went into New Look yesterday for the first time in ages and came out with some lovely stuff! I was shocked.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I used to love ASOS when it first started as As Seen On Screen and theyā€™d copy stuff from tv shows & films etc. Itā€™s just so big now thereā€™s so much choice itā€™s hard to filter down to what your looking for. it puts me off really. Theyā€™d have been better off having different brands under the ASOS umbrella for different styles.

went into New Look yesterday for the first time in ages and came out with some lovely stuff! I was shocked.
Also the filters donā€™t work? It must be a lot of work to tag each item tbh but when I filter black high waisted skinny jeans some styles come up that are low rise skinny šŸ˜•

Reactions: 1
Also the filters donā€™t work? It must be a lot of work to tag each item tbh but when I filter black high waisted skinny jeans some styles come up that are low rise skinny šŸ˜•
yeah I agree itā€™s just not efficient. Sometimes you just want a bit of inspiration or see if thereā€™s anything that you fancy but you have to scroll through pages and pages. Like at the moment t I want a new bikini, just looking whatā€™s out there but Iā€™m having to get past all the ā€œocean beachā€ fluorescent green cheese string ones.

My daughter likes a couple of brands they sell so always have a look when thereā€™s 20% off etc but I donā€™t find it a user friendly site if Iā€™m honest.

I remember when it was As Seen On Screen and I miss it, tbh I thought it was a really good concept!

I never make it to the checkout on ASOS anymore as always get bored of looking, thereā€™s far too much to scroll through.

I remember when it was As Seen On Screen and I miss it, tbh I thought it was a really good concept!

I never make it to the checkout on ASOS anymore as always get bored of looking, thereā€™s far too much to scroll through.
I loved being able to filter for celeb style! Anyone remember how you could tick a box for a celeb and it would filter tons of things inspired by her or in her style? It was such a cool concept. I donā€™t know why they stopped

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.