Topshop Nostalgia

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Same lol. Most Saturdays we'd get the train into town to go to Topshop (when the new one in Cardiff opened mid 00s it was the second biggest in the UK - absolutely buzzing lol), mooch around, awe at the £50 Kate Moss dresses, try on sunglasses, spend £4 on a pair of girl boxer pants, then go to McDonalds or Starbucks and long out a frappecino or saver menu item for 3 hours. Then we discovered alcohol and congregated in town doing underage drinking and it got less wholesome lol 😬
God I remember so many times being in big groups and being thrown out of Starbucks because not all of us were ordering drinks and taking up loads of sofas 😆

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Someone in the charity shop bargains thread mentioned a site called Preworn.Ltd which has tons of secondhand TOPSHOP stuff for mega cheap as there’s 50% off everything right now!

• Heart
Miss Selfridge was very hit and miss. I used to quite like the going out and tea dresses they did (tea dresses are still a staple for me but an underrated 00s classic).

Topshop was so much better they just did everything well 😭 Great basics, underwear, jeans, fancy dresses, coats... ugh I miss it 😭

Does anyone remember the daps they sold late 00s? I was obsessed until they filtered down to less trendy shops lol but they also used to soak your feet wet through.

images (2).jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Miss Selfridge was very hit and miss. I used to quite like the going out and tea dresses they did (tea dresses are still a staple for me but an underrated 00s classic).

Topshop was so much better they just did everything well 😭 Great basics, underwear, jeans, fancy dresses, coats... ugh I miss it 😭

Does anyone remember the daps they sold late 00s? I was obsessed until they filtered down to less trendy shops lol but they also used to soak your feet wet through.

View attachment 1871293
Yes I remember these! I loved the ballet shoes too. When I was at uni, I used to treat myself to a Topshop visit most Friday nights after lectures. Didn't always buy something because of my budget, but even if I didn't I would see stuff to save up for and get ideas.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
something about topshop i just really loved, i loved browsing in there even when i didn't have much money and knew i wasnt going to buy anything lol

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I'm sure lots of you remember Ringspun, with their graphic tees and tank tops. I loved mine with a denim mini in the summer :) I was browsing on Superdry the other day and saw that they're doing them again!

upload9223368955666072895.jpeg

something about topshop i just really loved, i loved browsing in there even when i didn't have much money and knew i wasnt going to buy anything lol
Yes not sure what it was but something that imo no other shop had. I do think like most things it became expensive and the quality declined, still did love a browse in the sales though.

Reactions: 5
my memories were always being too fat and too poor for topshop lol

• Heart
Reactions: 6
my memories were always being too fat and too poor for topshop lol
Re too poor, 100%, there was a brief point in time when I was at uni with max loans/grants and working 12 hour shifts in the holidays where I could afford to go in there. Once I left uni and had my first well paying job it had gone to tit and everything started becoming neon, body con or cropped so there I was a duckling at 21/22 feeling old and chunky?

Re too poor, 100%, there was a brief point in time when I was at uni with max loans/grants and working 12 hour shifts in the holidays where I could afford to go in there. Once I left uni and had my first well paying job it had gone to tit and everything started becoming neon, body con or cropped so there I was a duckling at 21/22 feeling old and chunky?
Yeah used to be such a good place for reasonably priced jeans, t shirts and basic stuff.

Reactions: 1
Yeah used to be such a good place for reasonably priced jeans, t shirts and basic stuff.
I've posted here before about the basic cotton tops that I still wear from the glory era, the quality of the t shirts, trousers, sweaters etc was very good until it deteriorated (circa 2009 maybe?) - I remember the fabrics of the t shirts and sweaters getting thinner and flimsier and stitches ripping on a skirt I got.

Reactions: 4
I have said this before, I have a cream fine cord jacket/shirt I got over 35 years ago in the Top Shop in The Strand. Still looks good. Bit of a squeeze getting in it sometimes, but when I do wear it, it’s admired. It’s a Moto one.

Reactions: 8
I have said this before, I have a cream fine cord jacket/shirt I got over 35 years ago in the Top Shop in The Strand. Still looks good. Bit of a squeeze getting in it sometimes, but when I do wear it, it’s admired. It’s a Moto one.
I loved Moto!

Reactions: 4
I've posted here before about the basic cotton tops that I still wear from the glory era, the quality of the t shirts, trousers, sweaters etc was very good until it deteriorated (circa 2009 maybe?) - I remember the fabrics of the t shirts and sweaters getting thinner and flimsier and stitches ripping on a skirt I got.
Yes those basic vest tops and long sleeve tops were great, not sure what on earth happened to all of mine though

I loved that Topshop on the Strand. I feel wistful every time I walk past the building

Tesco have just bought paperchase out! I know this is more British highstreet nostalgia/commentary than Topshop but I like this thread so sorry you’ll have to suffer this 😂

Not surprised they’ve gone into administration feel like that’s been coming for years? They also fucked over those independent artists which can’t have helped sales 😬

Reactions: 5
Tesco have just bought paperchase out! I know this is more British highstreet nostalgia/commentary than Topshop but I like this thread so sorry you’ll have to suffer this 😂

Not surprised they’ve gone into administration feel like that’s been coming for years? They also fucked over those independent artists which can’t have helped sales 😬
i always remember my sister got me a pen from Paperchase, it was red and had a mini etch a sketch on the top of it!

• Haha
I remember buying some stationary from paper chase for school and buying like two 'fancy' pens because it was expensive a fook.
wilkos and whsmith was where I bought the rest of my stationary lol

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.