Tom Hiddleston #7 The re-emergence of Tom W. Hiddleston, the blue fascination

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
From photos of her she's been wearing it off and on since about early June last year, switched it to another ring on her ring finger in June for awards she went to and it's been just about every official photo since October.

Reactions: 2
Nothing yet from the couple involved or their reps, just speculation.
Thank you for agreeing with me.

Nothing yet from the couple involved or their reps, just speculation. Though it’s hard not to come to such a conclusion after all this time what with the ring, PDA, and living together. 🤷🏼‍♀️

On top of all of the engagement stories we also get this little gem - congrats to Tom! ☺
And congratulations to Thomas for this award🏆

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I was going to say surely they now have to confirm it ...... or guessing they'll just stay silent
They‘ll stay silent. They have not yet confirmed any of the newspaper reports or said anything about it or their team. Why should they do it now.

I was going to say surely they now have to confirm it ...... or guessing they'll just stay silent
Most of these stories mention they reached out to reps for confirmation, but I would love for it to come from the actors themselves. I’m quite doubtful it’ll happen though, since they’ve been keeping the relationship private for the most part until now.

They‘ll stay silent. They have not yet confirmed any of the newspaper reports or said anything about it or their team. Why should they do it now.
I see one of the fan sites is suggesting it was them themselves that set up the Ibiza photos as there was a picture of the ring there and nothing mentioned. Guess we'll never know.

I agree with you @db131 its definitely something to scrutinize as the deets are bit mismatched. I just happened to see this particular article on my Insta feed and did a quick google search, looks like most of the news outlets are going off a dailymail article that was published a few hours earlier.

tbh I find it hard to believe they’ve never seen the ring until now, but I guess the ring pic combined with the more public PDA at the event confirmed the engagement in their hivemind 😂
It was actually The Mirror that first broke the news. Then everyone ran with it

So I will give you this- if it’s not an engagement ring then the behavior is very strange. Because it has been worn so frequently on that finger if it is just a normal ring then I would find that very odd.

I think it’s pretty clear that it is an engagement ring or else she wouldn’t behave this way and Tom wouldn’t let her wear it out because of speculation. To me it seems clear it is an engagement ring, she began wearing it not caring if it was picked up or not. It wasn’t because (I guess?) the media didn’t have any sources or confirmation and mere speculation about semi famous people doesn’t merit an article (it would be different if it were Kim K or something). I agree the article is written strangely but I don’t think that’s any reflection on T and Z or their intentions.

Seems like the media frenzy is happening in wake of the attention they got at the Baftas and now wanting to jump on the bandwagon. It’s possible they noticed the ring but were waiting for another publication to take the first step so they wouldn’t look bad if it were a mistake.
She’s actually worn rings on that finger for a while now. She was fiddling with a similar looking ring during a red carpet interview last year.

Last edited:
Nothing yet from the couple involved or their reps, just speculation. Though it’s hard not to come to such a conclusion after all this time what with the ring, PDA, and living together. 🤷🏼‍♀️

On top of all of the engagement stories we also get this little gem - congrats to Tom! ☺
I am somehow very happy for this...award? :D It is a small thing but he went against Jeremy Renner, for example so, yeah....still popular.

It's now on Entertainment Tonight & I think I saw it in People. It's also been going all over in the media for 24 hours & at some point not denying it becomes confirmation. May they live happily ever after with as many kids & pets as they hope for 🥰

Reactions: 4
The fact that their reps haven’t closed down the reports makes it very likely it is true. Also one of their friends tweeted this

she was the moderator in the Dickens v Tolstoy event.

Reactions: 3
She’s actually worn rings on that finger for a while now. She was fiddling with a similar looking ring during a red carpet interview last year.
She hasn't she? I'm not saying they're not (before anyone gets upset) but she even wore a gold ring at a book reading while doing Betrayal and had it on in some photos and not in others. If they are, great but I think it should be upto them to say not a supposed friend/journalist.

She has only worn this particular ring on her left ring finger since Ibiza. The others weren’t diamonds.

If a 'friend' had just announced my engagement I think I'd be extremely upset. Zawe was also quoted by one paper as saying she had no intention of working with Tom any time soon after spending a year on stage with him......that confused me as Betrayal was a couple of years ago.

I thought the A list status was based on the command fee for films and functions? If that's the case then Tom would be considered A list. No offence to Zawe I couldn't find a figure for hers, but it may not be published.
Well that same outlet said Thomas dated Priyanka Chopra....so that's rather telling as to the validity of what these 'news' outlets are running with.
Quote:

He was also romantically linked to Bollywood star and former Miss World Priyanka Chopra after the pair presented an award at the Emmys in 2016 together.

There goes to show that no male over 35, who's single, is supposed to give any woman attention other than because they are in a relationship....Oh Mirror UK, how lame can you be?

Is it absolutely wild to think that they may be engaged? Nope. Did it take them 6 months to notice her ring...well either some people are rather slow or them (and their PR team) waited for the BAFTAs to, low-key, confirm their engagement using word-to-mouth tactics.
I doubt we'll ever hear from the horse's mouth a peep about this matter as it's private and that should remain as such.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
The wording of the article was super weird, it seems almost as if the woman realized no one had capitalized on the engagement and wanted to beat them to the punch.

Exactly, people on here act like she’s such a monster for wearing her engagement ring, like who wouldn’t want to show off their ring? And before anyone says she’s just trying to get attention think, Tom KNOWS she’s doing it, he clearly sees she is wearing it to events and chose to be with her on the carpet with it on so he obviously is okay with it. When I say A list I am thinking more about recognizable and notoriety and Tom is not that well known and other than Loki hasn’t been in any big projects recently.

See past what? That she got engaged to the man she loves and they decided that they’re comfortable becoming more public? Why does it bother you so much?

Yeah it’s definitely interesting regardless of how true it is. I think it’s safe ti say that they are engaged although I would still like a confirmation from a more reliable source (I doubt we’ll get one from their own mouths but who knows?)

And I do think that the publicity from the Baftas allowed people to speculate more and pay more attention. I guess we’ll see what happens!
why would you be upset? I don't know either of them, their life is not my life, I meant that they have been together for a long time, you always attack me and nobody says anything here.

The one she wore at the BAFTA TV awards last June was diamonds, like a double wishbone ring
ok, but this particular ring which looks to have a large diamond surrounded by sapphires (?) is the only one she been wearing on that hand since last September in Ibiza. And she hasn’t been hiding it lately.

ET is now reporting that the rumors are true. “Tom Hiddleston and Zawe Ashton are engaged! ET has learned that the former co-stars will be tying the knot after sparking engagement rumors while attending this weekend's British Academy Film Awards”

https://www.etonline.com/tom-hiddleston-is-engaged-to-zawe-ashton-181010

ok, but this particular ring which looks to have a large diamond surrounded by sapphires (?) is the only one she been wearing on that hand since last September in Ibiza. And she hasn’t been hiding it lately.

ET is now reporting that the rumors are true. “Tom Hiddleston and Zawe Ashton are engaged! ET has learned that the former co-stars will be tying the knot after sparking engagement rumors while attending this weekend's British Academy Film Awards”

https://www.etonline.com/tom-hiddleston-is-engaged-to-zawe-ashton-181010
They regurgitated the same stuff from every article thus far. But nowhere in the this article says their reps confirmed it.