Tom Hiddleston #7 The re-emergence of Tom W. Hiddleston, the blue fascination

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Reactions: 6
(Please no one take this as dissing it's a genuine observation) Are the media blind Zawe's been wearing this ring for over 6 months! Have they just noticed??
I thought the same thing- I also don’t think this is a super reputable source, not like if it were written in People which seems to be much better vetted but this is what I think happened:

Before now, there were no sources and not much interest. Tom is not an a list actor and really only popular to his own fandom, and Zawe obviously even less so. Just the ring and barely any appearances didn’t garner much attention.

After the Baftas they are much more on everyone’s radar and were written about in People. Many people found out about their coupling just from the event and subsequent article. I’m guessing this woman didn’t hear the words from Zawe’s mouth hence why there are no quotes, but as she said overheard people congratulating them and saw the ring, she ran with it.

I think the word “exclusive” is totally misleading since neither of them actually said it to her but I do think they’re engaged so good for them! She also got some details wrong like saying Z was between London and LA when it was Atlanta. But congratulations to them, it may be a difficult transition to go from very private to much more well known and dealing with the gross backlash from some of the fans but I’m sure they will be okay. Whether you are a fan of her or the pairing or not, they still both seem like good people and seem happy so I hope the general response will be congratulatory and supportive.

Reactions: 5
If a 'friend' had just announced my engagement I think I'd be extremely upset. Zawe was also quoted by one paper as saying she had no intention of working with Tom any time soon after spending a year on stage with him......that confused me as Betrayal was a couple of years ago.

I thought the A list status was based on the command fee for films and functions? If that's the case then Tom would be considered A list. No offence to Zawe I couldn't find a figure for hers, but it may not be published.

Reactions: 1
If a 'friend' had just announced my engagement I think I'd be extremely upset. Zawe was also quoted by one paper as saying she had no intention of working with Tom any time soon after spending a year on stage with him......that confused me as Betrayal was a couple of years ago.

I thought the A list status was based on the command fee for films and functions? If that's the case then Tom would be considered A list. No offence to Zawe I couldn't find a figure for hers, but it may not be published.
I think Zawe wanted it to be known, he's been wearing that ring for months, people should see past all of this.

Reactions: 2
I agree with you @db131 its definitely something to scrutinize as the deets are bit mismatched. I just happened to see this particular article on my Insta feed and did a quick google search, looks like most of the news outlets are going off a dailymail article that was published a few hours earlier.

tbh I find it hard to believe they’ve never seen the ring until now, but I guess the ring pic combined with the more public PDA at the event confirmed the engagement in their hivemind 😂

The wording of the article was super weird, it seems almost as if the woman realized no one had capitalized on the engagement and wanted to beat them to the punch.

If anyone of us were engaged to Tom you'd be sure we'd want the world to know straight away
Exactly, people on here act like she’s such a monster for wearing her engagement ring, like who wouldn’t want to show off their ring? And before anyone says she’s just trying to get attention think, Tom KNOWS she’s doing it, he clearly sees she is wearing it to events and chose to be with her on the carpet with it on so he obviously is okay with it. When I say A list I am thinking more about recognizable and notoriety and Tom is not that well known and other than Loki hasn’t been in any big projects recently.

I think Zawe wanted it to be known, he's been wearing that ring for months, people should see past all of this.
See past what? That she got engaged to the man she loves and they decided that they’re comfortable becoming more public? Why does it bother you so much?

I agree with you @db131 its definitely something to scrutinize as the deets are bit mismatched. I just happened to see this particular article on my Insta feed and did a quick google search, looks like most of the news outlets are going off a dailymail article that was published a few hours earlier.

tbh I find it hard to believe they’ve never seen the ring until now, but I guess the ring pic combined with the more public PDA at the event confirmed the engagement in their hivemind 😂
Yeah it’s definitely interesting regardless of how true it is. I think it’s safe ti say that they are engaged although I would still like a confirmation from a more reliable source (I doubt we’ll get one from their own mouths but who knows?)

And I do think that the publicity from the Baftas allowed people to speculate more and pay more attention. I guess we’ll see what happens!

Reactions: 4
I think damned if you do and damned if you don't. Hear me out please folks, if it was a 'normal' ring which I included have worn on my ring finger then why not say? But she has been wearing it for months and both would likely have known their would still be speculation. I get Tom likes his privacy but as I said above I don't know any woman that would want to keep an engagement quiet. But for the 'friend' to say something (did she want to boost her exposure?) and then weird details in the press it's all very strange. The press have printed pictures of her in the borrowed green dress from Harrods (which I believe they were going to use as advertising) wearing the ring and she was wearing it at the PCAs. So why the media fuss now? It's all a bit late

I think damned if you do and damned if you don't. Hear me out please folks, if it was a 'normal' ring which I included have worn on my ring finger then why not say? But she has been wearing it for months and both would likely have known their would still be speculation. I get Tom likes his privacy but as I said above I don't know any woman that would want to keep an engagement quiet. But for the 'friend' to say something (did she want to boost her exposure?) and then weird details in the press it's all very strange. The press have printed pictures of her in the borrowed green dress from Harrods (which I believe they were going to use as advertising) wearing the ring and she was wearing it at the PCAs. So why the media fuss now? It's all a bit late
So I will give you this- if it’s not an engagement ring then the behavior is very strange. Because it has been worn so frequently on that finger if it is just a normal ring then I would find that very odd.

I think it’s pretty clear that it is an engagement ring or else she wouldn’t behave this way and Tom wouldn’t let her wear it out because of speculation. To me it seems clear it is an engagement ring, she began wearing it not caring if it was picked up or not. It wasn’t because (I guess?) the media didn’t have any sources or confirmation and mere speculation about semi famous people doesn’t merit an article (it would be different if it were Kim K or something). I agree the article is written strangely but I don’t think that’s any reflection on T and Z or their intentions.

Seems like the media frenzy is happening in wake of the attention they got at the Baftas and now wanting to jump on the bandwagon. It’s possible they noticed the ring but were waiting for another publication to take the first step so they wouldn’t look bad if it were a mistake.

The article sounds as if the writer was at an after party for the Baftas and heard people congratulating Zawe and Tom and went with it as an exclusive.

she got some of the details wrong (such as that Zawe was in LA during the lockdown - maybe she heard her say she was in the U.S. and figured that meant LA for an actress - the DM reporting on this is funny and typical- they copy the Mirror information almost word for word saying she was in LA and then repaste part of the Sun article from 2020, where they say they were living together in Atlanta! Cut and paste journalism is their specialty!

Congratulations to them both!

Does she wearing the Ring at the PCAs?

Does she wearing the Ring at the PCAs?
yes she was. It was harder to tell because she was wearing a dress which obscured her hands somewhat and she didn’t pose for pictures. But you can see she was wearing it.

yes she was. It was harder to tell because she was wearing a dress which obscured her hands somewhat and she didn’t pose for pictures. But you can see she was wearing it.
Just because of the dress I ask
I find the whole article in The Mirror strange and not well researched

Just because of the dress I ask
I find the whole article in The Mirror strange and not well researched
No it was not well researched! Pretty typical of tabloid newspapers! But I do believe that the reporter heard people congratulating them, took a gander at the ring, and gathered together what she could for her “exclusive”😁

Reactions: 3
No it was not well researched! Pretty typical of tabloid newspapers! But I do believe that the reporter heard people congratulating them, took a gander at the ring, and gathered together what she could for her “exclusive”😁
Which is a pretty crappy thing for the reporter to do. They should announce when they're ready, not have someone break the news for them (and without their approval). I know this is the press and it's their job to get "the scoop", but I think it's so disrespectful.

Also, @db131 Was just catching up on the thread...and am happy you stuck around. 😘

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Ok, I know that's a bit of a bold question: have they both ever confirmed anything?

Ok, I know that's a bit of a bold question: have they both ever confirmed anything?
Nothing yet from the couple involved or their reps, just speculation. Though it’s hard not to come to such a conclusion after all this time what with the ring, PDA, and living together. 🤷🏼‍♀️

On top of all of the engagement stories we also get this little gem - congrats to Tom! ☺

Reactions: 3