Tom Hiddleston #6 The truth about Thomas W. Hiddleston

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yes, but you are speaking from perspective from someone who is a hard core MCU fan. A lot of people got tired of superhero movies and 10 years long sagas.

Reactions: 1
Yes, but you are speaking from perspective from someone who is a hard core MCU fan. A lot of people got tired of superhero movies and 10 years long sagas.
I disagree that people got tired, but maybe more picky. Venom had nothing to do with the MCU (except Sony forcing it into Spiderverse which nobody really wants to see) and it was successful as well. If anything, an average movie goer wants just to eat his popcorn and watch a bad guy being beaten by...well, sometimes a bit shady hero :D And don´t really know the difference between DC and Marvel. So I suppose the need to watch it all is a bit tiring, however I think they are doing a great job in making the movies accessible for both fans and random viewers alike. Of course, except Endgame (til these days, I absolutely don´t get the couple that sat next to me, totally clueless....they basically only knew Captain Marvel because that movie was out a few months before :D ). But it is as going to Two Towers without seeing The Fellowship of the Rings (or read the damn book! :D )
My point was that MCU has created their own fanbase, which reaches far beyond hardcore comics fans (I don´t really read comic books, I only read a few to fill some gaps) so I am sure The Eternals will be successful...for now, and probably the first weekend. How it goes further? We´ll see.
However, this mythical "average movie goer" is not stupid and he knows a good movie, a word of mouth via social networks is probably the most important these days. So who knows where The Eternals will go.
I think they did need this wake up call, though. Maybe Kevin and co. saw this coming, and they pushed the rest of the movies a bit (Ant Man was pushed a LOT, so let´s hope the plan to have "Loki after Ant-Man" is not the plan because that would be way too long). And they - smartly - really wanted to avoid going head to head with the new Batman.
I think we will *really* see in two or three years, how MCU will be doing after the covid shadow is gone and with more movies of the new phase done.
If anything, they can probably make less movies and more shows which doesn´t really need to watch the "box office" that much but you can tie a lots of merch to it.

Not sure if I make any sense at all....I keep running to kitchen, to prevent my cat to crawl into the garbage bag.... :D

In the meantime, kind of random and cute mention of Tom in this article :D

Reactions: 2
You have no idea how much I would love it! Fingers crossed.

Anyone seen Eternals? I didn't like it. Bummer. Really wanted to like it. I don't want to spoil it, but IMO there are too many characters with no mutual chemistry. Too long running time, with no so much of the result. I didn't stay for credits, so no idea if there were some.
I did, last night.
I wanted to like it but I didn't.
The plot was all over the place, it was long as duck and I don't know where this is going to go.
Honestly, the script was tit and I cannot understand why so many stars jumped in on it unless it was due to their check.
They might know something that we don't but the next one, if there is a sequel, I'm going to watch at home and from a free site. I will not be spending more of my hard earned money on this franchise.

Reactions: 3
Actually wanted to go to the movie Eternals too, but if you have such a bad opinion about it, maybe I should wait until it comes on Disney Channel

I disagree that people got tired, but maybe more picky. Venom had nothing to do with the MCU (except Sony forcing it into Spiderverse which nobody really wants to see) and it was successful as well. If anything, an average movie goer wants just to eat his popcorn and watch a bad guy being beaten by...well, sometimes a bit shady hero :D And don´t really know the difference between DC and Marvel. So I suppose the need to watch it all is a bit tiring, however I think they are doing a great job in making the movies accessible for both fans and random viewers alike. Of course, except Endgame (til these days, I absolutely don´t get the couple that sat next to me, totally clueless....they basically only knew Captain Marvel because that movie was out a few months before :D ). But it is as going to Two Towers without seeing The Fellowship of the Rings (or read the damn book! :D )
My point was that MCU has created their own fanbase, which reaches far beyond hardcore comics fans (I don´t really read comic books, I only read a few to fill some gaps) so I am sure The Eternals will be successful...for now, and probably the first weekend. How it goes further? We´ll see.
However, this mythical "average movie goer" is not stupid and he knows a good movie, a word of mouth via social networks is probably the most important these days. So who knows where The Eternals will go.
I think they did need this wake up call, though. Maybe Kevin and co. saw this coming, and they pushed the rest of the movies a bit (Ant Man was pushed a LOT, so let´s hope the plan to have "Loki after Ant-Man" is not the plan because that would be way too long). And they - smartly - really wanted to avoid going head to head with the new Batman.
I think we will *really* see in two or three years, how MCU will be doing after the covid shadow is gone and with more movies of the new phase done.
If anything, they can probably make less movies and more shows which doesn´t really need to watch the "box office" that much but you can tie a lots of merch to it.

Not sure if I make any sense at all....I keep running to kitchen, to prevent my cat to crawl into the garbage bag.... :D
LOL at cat! I am a cat person.

Although I agree with most of what you said, especially part where industry is making movies for average dumb-o, there is a need and space for smarter movies. The superhero market is getting saturated.
As my friends said, MCU is expanding universe to the point were they'll include Galactus. DC characters are getting more serious. In 10 years time we'll reach MCU vs DC movie because there will be nothing more to be filmed. For the record, I am joking but also not joking.

They might know something that we don't but the next one, if there is a sequel, I'm going to watch at home and from a free site. I will not be spending more of my hard earned money on this franchise.
Money makes the world go round.

This appears to be the next movie:

Last edited:
LOL at cat! I am a cat person.

Although I agree with most of what you said, especially part where industry is making movies for average dumb-o, there is a need and space for smarter movies. The superhero market is getting saturated.
As my friends said, MCU is expanding universe to the point were they'll include Galactus. DC characters are getting more serious. In 10 years time we'll reach MCU vs DC movie because there will be nothing more to be filmed. For the record, I am joking but also not joking.
I am a huge movie fan so ditto to more diverse movies in the cinemas but I don´t think it is so bad. Movies are still filming but they may be more stream based or will be made for cinemas by Netflix or others. But I do believe movies (any) belong to cinemas.
I suspect in 10 years, we will get MCU DC crossover, though :D (also only half joking :D )

• Haha
I suspect in 10 years, we will get MCU DC crossover, though :D (also only half joking :D )
Ironman vs Joker.

If someone does it, remember you heard it on Tattle first. We want decent share in authorship.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I did, last night.
I wanted to like it but I didn't.
The plot was all over the place, it was long as duck and I don't know where this is going to go.
Honestly, the script was tit and I cannot understand why so many stars jumped in on it unless it was due to their check.
I don´t think there are any talks about the sequel, tbh. I read that the actors have contracts so they can appear elsewhere but this may be such a misstep that they may not want to continue in it. It is disappointing, though. I was pleasantly surprised by Shang-Chi (did not expect anything, got a good fantasy story) so I had my hopes up for some original stories. It probably will make them re-think to bring new characters directly to big screen. Maybe they will just keep making D+ shows and will stick to the "old ones" for movies.

Shang-Chi is decent movie. The Eternals will have spin offs. I posted link (Sersi and Black Knight) from Nerdest few comments above. It apparently confirmed today. Nerdist usually has relevant sources.

Shang-Chi is decent movie. The Eternals will have spin offs. I posted link (Sersi and Black Knight) from Nerdest few comments above. It apparently confirmed today. Nerdist usually has relevant sources.
Yes, I have seen it :) I think it will all depend on the actual success of the movie. But I think it worked as an introduction of new characters they want to use later in various stories. But what is a potential for a sequel? Only Kevin will know in a few weeks :D But not everything needs a sequel, I think.
Shang-Chi was a decent one as well, but also only fit for one movie, imo. I am not sure what the (probably happening) sequel may be about. There are imo only a handful of heroes who are interesting and loved enough to get multiple movies (or series of the show - yes, talking about Loki). I know there will never be the second Tony Stark or Steve Rogers but they still have a good amount of the original (or semi original) characters left.
I am really curious where the MCU is going on from now, however I am also worried for the future a bit (not just MCU future :D )

Oh, found these on twitter

And tumblr

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Heart
Yes, I have seen it :) I think it will all depend on the actual success of the movie. But I think it worked as an introduction of new characters they want to use later in various stories. But what is a potential for a sequel? Only Kevin will know in a few weeks :D But not everything needs a sequel, I think.
Shang-Chi was a decent one as well, but also only fit for one movie, imo. I am not sure what the (probably happening) sequel may be about. There are imo only a handful of heroes who are interesting and loved enough to get multiple movies (or series of the show - yes, talking about Loki). I know there will never be the second Tony Stark or Steve Rogers but they still have a good amount of the original (or semi original) characters left.
I am really curious where the MCU is going on from now, however I am also worried for the future a bit (not just MCU future :D )

And tumblr
What year did he do Hamlet? His face looks younger but his hairline already looks pretty far back. I love his wavy hair though, I just want to run my fingers through it even at the risk of getting it all full of product :ROFLMAO:

Also can we have some appreciation for this man's bone structure? That swordfighting picture, his cheekbones could cut through glass!

I have heard such mixed things about The Eternals. I really want to like it because I like so much of the cast, and I think Richard Madden is a fine speciman as well as Kit Harrington. I probably won't bother seeing it in theaters especially because I don't want to be in crowds right now, but I really hope that Phase Four has some strong films and not just the series. All of the Marvel phases have had some pretty weak elements (Iron Man 2 anyone??) but I worry that they won't be able to build up the same kind of momentum to the eventual big climactic payoff like they did with Endgame. I mean that was seriously an impressive payoff to 10 years worth of films, but now you have different kinds of properties on different platforms, not just movies, the pandemic, a lot of Marvel fatigue, building up new characters instead of iconic ones- it makes me think it won't be as successful as the last endeavor. I could be totally wrong because obviously the first few phases took a decade to build up but, as of right now I'm not seeing the same sort of mainstreamed enthusiasm for the franchise.

Catching up (here as well) on Twitter and seeing there's some Tom and Zawe fans upset because Tom's started following a Zendaya fan account....... I mean really getting upset over that???

Loki vs Joker......with Loki being the good guy :D
Loki vs Heath Ledger's Joker would have been awesome

• Haha
Catching up (here as well) on Twitter and seeing there's some Tom and Zawe fans upset because Tom's started following a Zendaya fan account....... I mean really getting upset over that???

Loki vs Heath Ledger's Joker would have been awesome
Really?? That is so silly. Where did you see that because I haven't heard anything about it. I'm surprised he followed anyone to be honest but it seems like his account sometimes follows and unfollows accounts randomly (or purposefully, I don't keep an eye on his followers but I know some people do).

If people are really upset about that they are going to need to prepare themselves because I guarantee when TES comes out there will be a whole section of the fandom gushing over his chemistry with Claire, and they're going to just have to deal with it 🤷‍♀️

Really?? That is so silly. Where did you see that because I haven't heard anything about it. I'm surprised he followed anyone to be honest but it seems like his account sometimes follows and unfollows accounts randomly (or purposefully, I don't keep an eye on his followers but I know some people do).

If people are really upset about that they are going to need to prepare themselves because I guarantee when TES comes out there will be a whole section of the fandom gushing over his chemistry with Claire, and they're going to just have to deal with it 🤷‍♀️
My instagram account does that too sometimes, which makes me go "who the hell is that person??"

• Haha
  • Wow
And tumblr
Those photos from Hamlet are amazing. I wish I could see the stage show.
@db131 Hamlet was 2019. I think....

Wait wait wait! It is way too early here. Tom started to follow Zendaya's fan account? Tom's official account? Is this true? I have to process the fact that he (his account) started to follow something after a year hiatus.

My instagram account does that too sometimes, which makes me go "who the hell is that person??"
Maybe IG account you followed changed name or owner?

Last edited:
6288E95E-0AFA-4DEB-8B71-9E813C46DA17.jpeg

This was part of it, totally crazy

Out to the theatre 🎭
I'd hate always having my name spelt incorrectly especially by someone that worked in publicity for such a long time

Totally agree, Claire seems lovely but always has a lot of speculation around her and leading men (no matter their status) so we'll see what either the tabloids or keyboard gossips have to say when that comes out.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Totally agree, Claire seems lovely but always has a lot of speculation around her and leading men (no matter their status) so we'll see what either the tabloids or keyboard gossips have to say when that comes out.
Probably the gossip will be that Claire left her husband because she has a relationship with Tom

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Those photos from Hamlet are amazing. I wish I could see the stage show.
@db131 Hamlet was 2019. I think....

Wait wait wait! It is way too early here. Tom started to follow Zendaya's fan account? Tom's official account? Is this true? I have to process the fact that he (his account) started to follow something after a year hiatus.

Maybe IG account you followed changed name or owner?
No, most of the times I go and check the profile, to see if it's someone I forgot about, and it's not. Pretty disturbing, it happens maybe once or twice a year (that I know of).

View attachment 853452
This was part of it, totally crazy

I'd hate always having my name spelt incorrectly especially by someone that worked in publicity for such a long time

Zendaya would change him, what does that even mean?

• Haha