Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

yupps

Chatty Member
I don’t get the connection. Tom raves about his audience and gives that audience wonderful performances. That is his job as an actor. Not cute pictures of his dog or IG films of he and Zawe cuddling next to the fireplace. If he wanted to share his life with us, as Chris Hemsworth does then he would. He doesn’t want to and it’s not a requirement.

• Heart
Reactions: 16

db131

VIP Member
I have to admit I’m honestly very surprised by some of these reactions. We have been getting MORE content than usual and yet people want to dip out. I can only think it’s because it’s prettt clear he is taken and people are turned off by that. We had way more activity on this board when he was being a mole man. I think it’s because the speculation of where he was and who he was with was more fun especially on a gossip site.

As much as I don’t want anyone to leave, I totally get it. When a celebrity is settled in a relationship it’s not really fun to gossip about them. However I think it’s still totally possible to be a fan and appreciate someone’s accomplishments. I don’t want anyone to go but I also can’t force anyone to enjoy someone if they don’t anymore.

For me it’s hard to stay on here for the opposite reason. Whether people admit it or not, their judgment is clouded by not liking Zawe. People are really taking any chance to shit on her and I really don’t like it. I understand people don’t have to like her but man, let the poor woman be. She has every right to be there if Tom wanted her there which he obviously did. Yeah her fashion is not always great but I thought she looked lovely last night. The fact is people don’t want him in a relationship, especially with her, so anything she does is going to get criticized and it’s really disheartening to read.

To me, the fact that Tom just did a great guest spot, won an award and was flown out for it, and is serious enough about his partner to bring her along should all be cause for celebration. He looks happier than he has in years and people are always commenting on how sad he looks. We should be happy! At the end of the day I can’t tell anyone how to think or feel but I think it’s a shame that an actor we love is “driving away” fans by being happy.

• Heart
Reactions: 16

2xblended

VIP Member
I opened the forum in the evening and it was like half the people started to hate Tom all of the sudden, while the guy did nothing wrong
happy in the morning and then the same happened here, people changing their minds within like....hours.
Thank you for saying that! That's exactly why I commented. I was shocked at how sudden the change was. We got everything we asked for.

People wanted him out- we got pics of him walking Bobby.

People wanted him in a real relationship away from the TS drama- we have Zawe. She looked so proud of him and he deserves to have a partner like that: someone who supports him and is happy when he is successful! This is what the fans said they wanted but those same fans are saying such awful things now (I'm not talking about tattle- I saw on LSA and Insta how much racist hate people are spewing about Zawe and it's ugly).

People wanted him to smile and look happy in his eyes again- the man is glowing! Every video posted of him with fans, you can see the massive smile behind the mask.

People wanted him to show his love for his work again- he is back on stage and excited with the PCA win for Loki!

People wanted new clothes: omg we got new clothes, without holes in them LOL!

People wanted him to use his platform for activism: he is here again for UNICEF, using his voice to promote a cause he cares about.

He is doing his job brilliantly, being a professional to those he works with, treating his fans with respect (even though the TS fans still abuse him), and he is finally happy in his personal life too. It's all good stuff from where I'm standing.
It is just sad that many don't feel the same way and feel they lost their connection to Tom now. To me, this is the closest he has been to his old ways in a long time. He's cheeky and bubbly again! I missed that side of him. I hoped everyone would be excited, but we all have our perspective, and I respect the other side of this discussion even if I can't really understand it.

She moved away to another city and I wrote *one* comment about vaccines (she complained about the revaccination and I said it is better to be safe than sorry but I agreed we disagreed and she just stopped talking to me.
I am so sorry that happened! It's crazy how everyone is being so extreme about covid- if they don't agree with you, they insult you or they block you. It's really awful.
I hope today is a better day for you and you have plenty of reasons to smile! 🤗

Anyway, I will go back to lurking now. I hope I have not upset anyone with my opinion. 🌻

• Heart
Reactions: 13

2xblended

VIP Member
.I studied the rules for the entrance of the UK and I understood that the test cannot be older than 48 hours, not that it is necessary to have it 48 hours before. It wouldn´t make sense. You can catch it within the 48 hours window. The private testing does exist, I checked at our local airport and anybody who is willing to pay 250 euros can get it done fast(er).
You're right. He hasn't broken any rules. I know someone who just made a London-LA-London trip for work and he was able to go straight back into work (after the latest rules).
Not because he flouted the rules, but because he paid extra for rushed test results (I think he got the results in 5 hours after arrival in the UK).
He did what Tom must have done:
Test before leaving UK-> negative.
Test on arrival US-> negative.
Test before leaving US-> negative (was not needed because his arrival test was still valid but he did it to be on the safe side)
Test on arrival in UK -> negative.
All in 3.5 days total. No self-isolating was needed because he got a negative on departure from the US and again on arrival to the UK. He has to repeat the test again on day 4 after he arrived, I think as well. I may be wrong about that one, but he returned to work without isolation.
The rules are complex and it leads to confusion. But Tom does not appear to be breaking any of the rules, as far as I am aware.
Edit: what amazes me with the guy I know and Tom/Zawe is how they are managing these trips and still looking so peppy! I would be dying!

I should say that I tend to lurk and only post once in a while, but it saddened me to see so many people upset and leaving over the past day. I thought I'd pop in and see people celebrating his PCA win and the confirmation of his happy relationship. It was unexpected to see the opposite.
His fans are fans firstly because of his work, secondly out of respect for the kind person he is. I would have imagined everyone would be happy that he looks so happy, and would want the best for him.
I won't pretend I understand the other side of the arguments presented. I honestly don't get it. I tried to see that point of view, but it doesn't sit right with me that people think he owes fans more than he is giving.
Wishing everyone well and just quietly happy that we're seeing so much of him.

• Heart
Reactions: 12

Fanny Muchmore

VIP Member
Thank you for saying that! That's exactly why I commented. I was shocked at how sudden the change was. We got everything we asked for.

People wanted him out- we got pics of him walking Bobby.

People wanted him in a real relationship away from the TS drama- we have Zawe. She looked so proud of him and he deserves to have a partner like that: someone who supports him and is happy when he is successful! This is what the fans said they wanted but those same fans are saying such awful things now (I'm not talking about tattle- I saw on LSA and Insta how much racist hate people are spewing about Zawe and it's ugly).

People wanted him to smile and look happy in his eyes again- the man is glowing! Every video posted of him with fans, you can see the massive smile behind the mask.

People wanted him to show his love for his work again- he is back on stage and excited with the PCA win for Loki!

People wanted new clothes: omg we got new clothes, without holes in them LOL!

People wanted him to use his platform for activism: he is here again for UNICEF, using his voice to promote a cause he cares about.

He is doing his job brilliantly, being a professional to those he works with, treating his fans with respect (even though the TS fans still abuse him), and he is finally happy in his personal life too. It's all good stuff from where I'm standing.
It is just sad that many don't feel the same way and feel they lost their connection to Tom now. To me, this is the closest he has been to his old ways in a long time. He's cheeky and bubbly again! I missed that side of him. I hoped everyone would be excited, but we all have our perspective, and I respect the other side of this discussion even if I can't really understand it.

I am so sorry that happened! It's crazy how everyone is being so extreme about covid- if they don't agree with you, they insult you or they block you. It's really awful.
I hope today is a better day for you and you have plenty of reasons to smile! 🤗

Anyway, I will go back to lurking now. I hope I have not upset anyone with my opinion. 🌻
I think some people are just never going to be happy, no matter what the poor guy does.

For me, I'm just glad to see the guy looking happy and fulfilled.

2xblended

VIP Member
Sorry guys I think I need to step back a little bit in this thread for now
I really hope that isn't because of my post. I am not attacking anyone (certainly not you) and hate the fact that people are choosing to leave the thread. It's such a happy community most of the time. I don't see why people can't discuss their points of view respectfully as has been the way all along in here.
For the record, I'm sorry for any offence caused, that wasn't my intention at all.

I posted because it's really hard to ignore the harsh comments about Zawe that are all over the place (Insta and other forums, and now some here). I feel like we don't need to tear people down like that. It's weird that people are unhappy she was at the PCAs and was papped. Like, she was invited to attend, so of course she'll be in some of the photos- so what? What's the harm in it? Why attack her for it? What do people expect her to do- scan the room and hide from every camera that might be pointed in her direction?
It is too similar to what happened with Benedict (and continues to happen to this day, with his wife insulted every time she dares stand beside him). I don't think celebs deserve that kind of attack on their choice of partner. They are human and if we were in their shoes, we'd be so upset that people were speaking of our hubby/wife in this manner. Why should they have to endure it? That's all I'm getting at, really. Let's remember that Tom and Zawe are people, and let's treat him and his choice of partner as respectfully as he treats his fans.
and some of you take it as a matter of honour to defend them. If you want - go ahead, but accept the fact that we may vary in opinions (or ignore the posters you don't like if that makes you feel better).
That's not what it's about for me. It's a matter of principle, not specific to Tom. I don't see why a woman is being criticized when she's literally not doing anything wrong. But you do you, I guess. Peace.

• Heart

db131

VIP Member
I get what you're saying and this is probably why she was getting some negative comments. It could have been the Rock (who is such a nice guy) was speaking to them both or (and unfortunately the way the photo has been taken it makes it look like this) that she's trying to be noticed.
This is exactly what the issue is- she's there because she was invited or Tom wanted her there and it is spiraling now into "she's a fameseeking social climber using poor dumb Tom to get to the top!" I have said so many times on here that this kind of narrative about women is gross and misogynistic, not to mention insulting to Tom who I think is smart enough to recognize if his partner of 3 years is "using him" suddenly.

Also I don't know where the new thread button is either! I vote for the one you came up with.

I didn’t realise you were there……🤣 🤐🙃
At this point I'm either going to try to ignore or literally use the ignore button with certain users because it's only going to get worse and yes we can all have different opinions but I find some of the opinions very insulting even if they aren't presented that way. You don't have to use harsh or hurtful language to be spreading a harsh and hurtful narrative, and I really don't want to see it anymore. (Btw this isn't directed at you but at the comment you responded to).

The thing is, everyone was complaining about how they are strange because they didn't walk the red carpet at the Tony's. "Why didn't he hold her hand?" "Why didn't he pose with her?" Now he is actually doing those things, taking her to events, posing with her like a couple. They are clearly more comfortable for a variety of reasons- maybe they realized the press isn't hounding them so they can fly under the radar a bit more and enjoy being in public. Maybe they decided since their relationship is serious enough they want to bite the bullet and be more public. Maybe they are trying to get people used to them before some kind of enagement or eventual wedding announcement. The point is, when they were private people complained and now that they're less private people are still complaining or criticizing. They're not even nearly as in your face as they could be as they don't post on social media to promote themselves. Apparently they don't "behave as a normal couple would" as if there's some manual that they need to follow to please everyone. At the end of the day I think we have to remember that what they're doing is for themselves and not for the so-called fans, and so they probably don't give a crap if it seems weird to anyone, they're just doing their thing figuring it out as they go along 🤷‍♀️

Oh, when I used the word "thriving" it wasn't pointed at you, or to mock you or something. But yes, I meant what you said: they're just attending things looking ok ;) But sometimes I stumble upon comments like "king&queen", "power couple", "royal vibes" and I'm like: whaaaat? What did I miss? 🥴 I get having a crush on a celebrity, I don't get shipping couples I guess. Especially those WHO HAVEN'T DONE ANYTHING BESIDES BEING SEEN TOGETHER IN NICER CLOTHES THAN USUAL ;) And Tom and Zawe are just... there 🤷‍♀️
Haha I get it, and I don't feel this way about any real-life couples- you will never catch me leaving comments on socials like "THOSE ARE MY PARENTS" or "BEST COUPLE EVER" because honestly like you said they're just kind of there, and it's great but it's also not a world-stopping event. Now if Tom showed up in a tight tight white tshirt I might speak differently...

Can people please vote if they want this as the new thread title please? The re-emergence of Mr Tom W Hiddleston: the blue fascination
Sorry for double post but I vote for this thread title!

• Heart
Reactions: 10

db131

VIP Member
I think it's a bit reductive to sum up the fact that some people want to distance themselves from him (which they are entitled to) to the fact that he is in a relationship.
I agree about LMR analysis on him not being cohesive between his speech and his actions. He could be more present on SM without giving up on his whole private life, come on! And about the comparison with BC, it doesn't seem to me he is always raving about his audience. He just unapologetically does his thing and goes home.
I get it, I do. I’m not trying to imply that the relationship is the only reason for people to be out on him but there definitely seems to be a connection. Like I said it’s way less fun to gossip ago it someone (which this board is for) who is in a committed relationship with nothing to speculate about. And of course everyone is entitled to stop liking or following a celeb for any reason if their choosing. I just think the timing is odd because we’re actually GETTING stuff now and we hadn’t been.

Lots of celebs aren’t on social and still maintain a following- BC, Adam Driver, Scarlett Johansson, etc. It just bums me out that after years of him legit being kind of off the grid now we’re seeing him happy and thriving and people want to leave. I also just don’t want anyone to go 😕 But it is obviously everyone’s right to do as they wish.

Reactions: 9

2xblended

VIP Member
"Mod edit moving post here as new thread created way too early and wasn't created correctly"
Just quoting this edit from the mods since people seem to have missed it. New threads are created at 1000 posts, not by page number, iirc, so you can't create one this early. We'll be there soon enough.
There's a photo that really made me laugh - Tom and the Rock having a moment at the PCA's and then there she is: 😶
I'm seriously lost with posts like this. She's in the background, smiling and listening to the Rock. That's it. He was probably congratulating Tom, and she was listening and smiling with pride. How are so many people twisting things like this? Sheesh!
At this point I'm either going to try to ignore or literally use the ignore button with certain users because it's only going to get worse
Me too- for the first time ever in the years I've been on tattle! It's such a downer on what is otherwise a great thread.

• Heart

Jara

VIP Member
Aaaand it was such fun in the morning. Can't we just enjoy that he won?
What is the obsession with him being on social media or him being with Zawe? I get this is a gossip forum but I just don't get how can you be someone's fan in the morning and hate him in the evening *shrugs*
His life is his own. He gives back by continuing in his job, he obviously prefers personal contact. I joke about photos of him and Bobby or so but I don't need them. His work is enough. Do I have to wait for it? OK then... back then, actors had no social media and we loved them anyway.

Well, when I finally get home, I will go find some more pictures and check what he is doing next. And then come back here. *shrugs again*

Last edited:

NonDairyQueen

VIP Member
Zawe is obsessed with Tom and Tom hates Zawe” to not only be illogical but also misogynistic and insulting.
This is the part I don't like. I don't often post on this thread although I like reading it as this seems like a fan thread, but I hate it when women suddenly turn other women into evil man hungry loons and grown men into helpless victims incapable of escaping their clutches. I don't know where it comes from. Especially when, in real life, it is women who end up trapped in unhappy or worse, violent relationships that they cannot leave.

Jara

VIP Member
Here is just the video! I think I will have this on the loop to keep me warm this winter :D

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 8

beveta

Chatty Member
Wonderful news: Sophia has become a mother for the second time. She posted the message on her IG account

• Heart

db131

VIP Member
@db131 No one is out on him. Sorry I can't quote entire post. Editing on the phone is bit**. We always defended him here on the forum. Aside from what I don't like (it is me, my problem), I see few other members disappointed for this or that reason. All valid points. Those members who are satisfied also have valid explanations.
My point is we said our reasons and agreed to disagree. I don't like something about this new image of his, but I can't put into words, at least not yet. Also, we are exaggerating, he made a fool of himself in certain past events, but he is not a kid, no one forced him to do things he was later laughed at. In life there are decisions and there consequences, no?

Also, you have <3 from me for your post. Don't think I am 'against' you. Sometimes it is hard to convert your thoughts into words, it is easily misunderstood.
I appreciate that very much and I hope I’m not coming across as against anyone either- I wouldn’t be asking you and @LetMeRamble to stay if I were against you guys! As @clara131brown said we will agree to disagree on things as we always have. The only people I’m against are the ones who blatantly shit on Tom or Zawe and spread baseless rumors or harass because that is unacceptable and disgusting. It’s running pretty rampant on instagram and has gotten worse and worse the more it becomes clear that they are happy together.

I guess it’s just hard for me to understand why the breaking point for some seems to be the happiest we’ve seen him in a long time. These are the things I’m seeing- he is settling down and becoming more comfortable publicly at last with his partner. He got back on stage for the first time in a couple of years where he is clearly at his happiest. He got acknowledged for a role he’s played for over a decade and probably hasn’t won an award for since 2012-2013. He seems happy, healthy, and appreciative of his recognition. I’m not sure what you mean about a new image other than he is becoming a little more visible and seems to be having a good time in his life and career.

I’m not trying to convince anyone of anything- not my job or desire. I’m just sad to see fans throw in the towel at a point where imo we should be thrilled at what we’re seeing. It is harder to gossip now though so I understand why one would want to step away from the forum rather than Tom himself.

• Heart

Doyle

Hello!
806EB3F5-F6DD-4C38-AFE6-C21C62374332.jpeg
I’ve been reading you all since some time ago and I decided to make my first post here with this beautiful picture of Betrayal Tom.
Have a good

• Heart

Kouignamann

Ok, that's it, I'm moving to England next year, I'll live in a van so I can go from theater to theater and hope I'll randomly see him in a play.

• Haha
  • Heart

NonDairyQueen

VIP Member
Oh no one has to love them or even like them obviously, but I get annoyed when people make comments implying that he looks like he doesn’t her or is tortured being with her or something like that. If he didn’t like her he wouldn’t be with her so it’s just nonsensical to me.
Agree. It's nonsensical to say they are not a couple. If people don't like it, that's fine. It's their issue to deal with how they like. The only people that need to like it are they themselves. Actors don't owe their fans anything but their work, and especially not approval for their private lives! It's extremely misogynistic to say that she has somehow trapped him into a relationship when she has been living in his home for 3 years. Sophie Hunter was 6 months pregnant before anyone knew she was in a relationship with Benedict Cumberbatch so if they don't confirm anything to the press, they don't necessarily have to know. It's reinforcing all the more that fans have no business with peoples private lives unless they want to make it explicit.

• Heart