Tom Hiddleston #5 The Red Sweater Diaries

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hey, I may sound like a total witch here, but I just saw a video on YouTube named "I met Tom hiddleston at mcm comic con!!!" or something, and I feel sorry for that person. To sum up, it's 28 minutes of fangirling (which I understand, but I skipped the screaming parts tbh), and 10 seconds of picture taking and him being polite (which is THE LEAST he can do for 225£, let's be honest), and that's a wrap. She saw her hero, had her picture, he took her drawing, so it was a great day for her, I get it.
But baby girl, you didn't meet him. You didn't have a proper conversation which made you know him better.
I don't know why I feel this way, quite sad and a little upset. Maybe this video is the embodiment of the glass ceiling there will always be between "them" (the famous people) and us commoners...
Ok, now I'll stand here, just waiting for the stones you're going to throw at me!
And if that young lady is on this forum... you get to throw the first one, darling.
Edit: and no I am not jealous, because there is no way I would spend this much money on a picture and 10 secs interaction with anyone, not even him.
What exactly did upset you? Her 28minute long fangirling or her naive unawareness of the fact that she didn't meet him, she only paid big bucks for a service?

Reactions: 1
I clicked on the video but I did not get through. It is a normal journey to a convention, where you just meet an actor. Which is what I do and it is fun, but why to make a video about it. I mean, I suppose she was just really excited :D
I love Tom (and shamefully admit I would probably pay the money) but it was a video about basically nothing. But I guess she is really a fan that she is really, really excited? I am sure I would be also terribly nervous but meeting various "idols" through the years made a bit resilient. Also, working here at Comic Con, it makes a bit...I get still very excited but I guess only Tom and Hugh Jackman would make me a bit speechless but I think I would still be fine. Maybe I am just getting old :D
Not sure if London MCM won´t reconsider their prices, though. I read complaints also about some other MCM conventions that various actors were overpriced. I know from the organiser here (and I know every convention is different) that the actor rarely knows what the convention is asking for. It is up to their agent and they often don´t even see the contract because the agent signs it. But there were people who were willing to pay it so, I guess as long as people are willing to pay for it...
I would be curious how many fans got Hayden Christensen for that 150 because seriously, I kind of get Tom (as one of the most popular and leading faces of the most profitable franchise in the world right now) but Christensen? The poor guy is hated even by SW fans....

Anyway, I almost forgot about this. That is so cute :D I never saw the second video with Tom immitating Jeff :d

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
What exactly did upset you? Her 28minute long fangirling or her naive unawareness of the fact that she didn't meet him, she only paid big bucks for a service?
I am not sure, tbh. Probably the naivety. And it may or may not be related to me losing my own naivety by the minute! 😅 usually I am not so caught up in other people's experiences: if you liked it good for you, I don't really care. But I don't know... there was something about this one that made me sad and therefore upset (my primary defense mechanism is anger).

Happy Halloween everyone! 🧟‍♀️🧟🧟‍♂️

I am not sure, tbh. Probably the naivety. And it may or may not be related to me losing my own naivety by the minute! 😅 usually I am not so caught up in other people's experiences: if you liked it good for you, I don't really care. But I don't know... there was something about this one that made me sad and therefore upset (my primary defense mechanism is anger).

Happy Halloween everyone! 🧟‍♀️🧟🧟‍♂️
I think we’re among the fans who enjoy him for what he is but aren’t “obsessed”- we like him but won’t defend everything he does, our lives don’t revolve around him, and we ultimately know that no celebrity affects our lives in the long run no matter how much we like them (I obviously can’t speak for everyone but that seems to be the vibe here).

I think sometimes it gets frustrating to see people who are so entirely wrapped up in someone who ultimately won’t have any true impact on their life, and then of course you have the ones that are invested to the point that they think they have some sort of special understanding of the celebrity that no one else does. Like the people who have blogs dedicated to secret relationships and they feel they know the celebrity so much better than everyone else. That’s not the thing you’re talking about here but that’s one that gets me riled up- parasocial relationships with celebs frustrate me to no end, I think I’ve become very jaded over the last few years just from looking at tumblrs 😂

Anyway here is my dog, Princess Leia, dressed as Winnie the Pooh for Halloween:
5723C2D1-36E3-4A37-8905-CF071398F2CD.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Good old days!

Chris Evans had interesting Halloween costume this year. Since this is not his topic I won't post it, but it is all over Instagram.

Reactions: 1
Good old days!

Chris Evans had interesting Halloween costume this year. Since this is not his topic I won't post it, but it is all over Instagram.
I need to go have a look! I wish Tom would do stuff like that. Can you imagine if he dressed up as a character from a Tim Burton film? He's still a neighbour I believe

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I need to go have a look! I wish Tom would do stuff like that. Can you imagine if he dressed up as a character from a Tim Burton film? He's still a neighbor I believe
I wish! Any Burton's character would be fantastic.

Chris was Crocodile Dundee! 😂

Also, it would be amazing if Tom had crazy bunch of friends, like Chris does, to post photos. Before somebody mentions privacy matter, all photos were cute and harmless. Just people having fun, no speculations what so ever.

I wish! Any Burton's character would be fantastic.

Chris was Crocodile Dundee! 😂

Also, it would be amazing if Tom had crazy bunch of friends, like Chris does, to post photos. Before somebody mentions privacy matter, all photos were cute and harmless. Just people having fun, no speculations what so ever.
Chris Evans looked GOOD, and no worries you can always bring him up here and I certainly won't complain. He's been very active lately talking about his Buzz Lightyear movie and also his anxiety, which I appreciate.

I'm sure Tom does have a group of friends that he spends time with, but I imagine they're probably under strict instruction not to post anything about him. However I see him more as the stay at home with my fur baby unless it's a work-related event these days, which I guess makes sense. I think people behave very differently when they're in a long-term relationship versus being single (not that couples can't go out and have fun). I actually sometimes forget Chris and Tom are the same age because Tom already seems like a dad and Chris seems like he's still a bit of a party guy. (This is all obviously my speculation and not fact).

Also I absolutely loved this:

• Heart
Chris Evans looked GOOD, and no worries you can always bring him up here and I certainly won't complain.

I'm sure Tom does have a group of friends that he spends time with, but I imagine they're probably under strict instruction not to post anything about him. However I see him more as the stay at home with my fur baby unless it's a work-related event these days, which I guess makes sense. I think people behave very differently when they're in a long-term relationship versus being single (not that couples can't go out and have fun). I actually sometimes forget Chris and Tom are the same age because Tom already seems like a dad and Chris seems like he's still a bit of a party guy. (This is all obviously my speculation and not fact).
When Tom won't share even a tiny photo with his dog dressed up for Halloween, here is picture of Chris in his "fantastic" costume.
Before photo sends fans into frenzy, this is his best friend. 😂

This part about single people vs people in long term relationships, most of Chris's friends are married for years.
Party or no party depends on person's character and circle of friends. Seems like Chris's friends are very cool people.

tumblr_7e1881edd72119bd79ae83b374e945cc_34070aa9_1280.jpg

I'm sure Tom does have a group of friends that he spends time with, but I imagine they're probably under strict instruction not to post anything about him.
Or maybe his friends just don't want to post anything with him on it, because they don't want to open the crazy fandom gates... 😅

Or maybe his friends just don't want to post anything with him on it, because they don't want to open the crazy fandom gates... 😅
But... every fandom can be a little bit cray cray. I guess Tom's is no crazier than Chris' and still, he's visible on social media on his terms, even with his anxiety he cares less what people write about him on the internet or react to his instagram presence than Tom.

So what we’re saying here is that Tom and Chris are different people with different lifestyles. Tom has got a group of friends - people have mentioned how he throws a party at Christmas where he plays the piano and people join in singing. Even before 2016 however, his friends never posted pictures. (There were some pictures people grabbed off His friend’s Facebook pages early on, before his friends realized fans would be looking for them) But nothing for a long time. Just not their (or his) style. 🤷🏼‍♀️

Reactions: 5
So what we’re saying here is that Tom and Chris are different people with different lifestyles. Tom has got a group of friends - people have mentioned how he throws a party at Christmas where he plays the piano and people join in singing. Even before 2016 however, his friends never posted pictures. (There were some pictures people grabbed off His friend’s Facebook pages early on, before his friends realized fans would be looking for them) But nothing for a long time. Just not their (or his) style. 🤷🏼‍♀️
It’s true they’re obviously very different and it’s not a bad thing. Even though we all selfishly want Tom to share his life and himself more because we would all fall on the floor if he posted himself in a Halloween costume, let’s be real. It’s his decision and it just be working okay for him because he’s kept it up for the past however many years and hasn’t changed his tune.

I don’t think it’s necessarily that he cares more about what is written about him, but that he cares more about protecting his privacy- the way people analyze backgrounds and identity locations like they work for the FBI I don’t blame him 😂

This made me laugh
587F64CD-9B73-4889-8E45-99F61AB6C798.jpeg

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 4
But... every fandom can be a little bit cray cray. I guess Tom's is no crazier than Chris' and still, he's visible on social media on his terms, even with his anxiety he cares less what people write about him on the internet or react to his instagram presence than Tom.
Agreed! Chris probably doesn't mind his friends posting photos.

Last edited:
Was it Kenneth´s name mentioned in the tweet? Like Branagh? I thought he would be great to replace Kate, tbh. He did seem to understand the material and he knows Tom very well. But I guess he is now too busy with the Poirot movies and also theater.

I saw that! I'm still trying to figure out if he went as Crocodile Dundee or a Chippendale's cowboy 😂

I need to go have a look! I wish Tom would do stuff like that. Can you imagine if he dressed up as a character from a Tim Burton film?
He might have gone to a Halloween party but we'll never know as he is social media-phobic and that's his private life that us peasants will never see a glimpse of ever again.

he cares less what people write about him on the internet
That's Zero Fucks Evans, and we stan!

• Haha