Tom Hiddleston #5 The Red Sweater Diaries

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Tom had been working on a documentary about South Sudan. It had a name a director etc. He visited the country a number of times. Then the “white savior” thing began to spread (not just GG, but in general) and it was obvious that a documentary produced and narrated by a privileged white Englishman would not fly in the current climate. He had put a lot of energy and money into it, so he must have been disappointed- especially since most people in the western world couldn’t tell you where South Sudan is or that it is another country from Sudan. So I think his hesitation might be connected with this. When he posted about BLM in 2020, he was careful not to say anything personally- only to amplify and repost black people’s words. He might be able to do this again, but he also probably knew that when Zawe was posting at the same time she was getting a lot of hate in the comments (since deleted). I’m not sure this is why he is reluctant to use SM, but these things probably played into it.
He worked on a movie? Thought he had only written his impressions in a blog. How do you know that?

So, when is the next paparazzi stroll? Or we are waiting for TES to start airing?

Too bad he didn't use Comic Con excuse to return to social media. Even reposting Sophia's photo would be well accepted.

I second to this. At least from my experience. Surely, it is not Hollywood here.

However, there is other side to it. Celebrities will deny doing cosmetic surgery even it is obvious they did. Also, they will promote the worst garbage product if they are paid to do so. Stories in gossip magazines are selling issues but also 'selling' the celebrity. It is fake world in which it is hard to distinguish what is real and what's not.

Sorry for double post. I found Clara's comment interesting.
I know someone who is probably considered C list in the UK, paid to promote a certain diet drink. She's seen carrying it when out (I laugh), promotes it on social media etc and she can't stand it. But as she says the money from that pays her car payments every month.

Reactions: 2
He worked on a movie? Thought he had only written his impressions in a blog. How do you know that?
You can read about it here. http://www.hiddlesfashion.com/2018/07/humanitarian-work-in-south-sudan-2015.html

“ Tom Hiddleston has been working on a documentary about the humanitarian impact of war on children in South Sudan since his first visit in 2015. The current working title for the documentary is South Sudan's Missing Children, it has been alternatively listed as South Sudan's Stolen Children. The documentary is being directed and produced by Appeal Films along with Tom's own production company, Heath Films. It is scheduled to be released sometime in late 2018 but no exact release date has been announced yet. The documentary will be distributed by Bron Studios (the studio behind I Saw the Light) and Tom's talent agency, William Morris Endeavor. **Update** I spoke with the producers and the documentary most likely will not be released this year. ”

Reactions: 3

You can get an idea of the arguments against white saviors here. They specifically mention both celebrities using their SM and UNICEF. But yeah it is a “thing”. I remember Ed Sheehan being called out for white saviorism.
It's unfortunate that people can't just do good things, regardless of any sort of label. I remember getting into an argument with a friend who said in history white people weren't slaves. Not only did I prove her wrong I showed her an article printed in a newspaper nearly 100 years ago about families moving away from the SW corner of the UK due to people being snatched and sold into slavery. My point is anyone should be allowed to help another human being and yes I've seen negativity against Zawe and Zoe Saldana for their charity work. Sorry but if a celeb chooses to promote a cause and help why not?

@Jara many of the bullets you've highlighted in your post are accurate for us too! We ain't the best country in the world, specially when it comes to adoption laws.
I was talking about that subject with a friend the other day and, even if we are a very multicultural country, I dare to say that 50% of the population is European descend after WWII, we still got issues. If I were to pin point where we struggle the most would be transphobia despite the fact that we were the 1st country in Latin America to become LGBTQ+ friendly.
Sorry that I brought up my social activism to the forum a little bit too strong, this is what happens when LMR gets carried away with passion-driven subjects!
WHERE IS THE RED SWEATER WE GOT PROMISED (???)

Well that's utter bullshit if you ask me! I do understand what you are saying, don't get me wrong. I just hate the fact that some people feel that way and projects like his get canned due to that concept.
There is a huge problem with 'performance activism' in the West- people who protest things so they can say they are socially aware on Social media but then don't do anything to help solve those issues themselves- pull down statues to slave owners from a hundred years ago but don't know anything about modern slavery and don't question how they can get their nails done for £3 or who is smuggling their line of Coke onto their dinner table. Or go on climate change marches, dump their litter everywhere and then decide to go skiing and backpack their way round the Far East. Its all part of that. $3 a day can make a massive difference to reducing infant mortality in the poorest countries. I think they would rather have clean running water than worry about White Saviors.

Reactions: 7
There is a huge problem with 'performance activism' in the West- people who protest things so they can say they are socially aware on Social media but then don't do anything to help solve those issues themselves- pull down statues to slave owners from a hundred years ago but don't know anything about modern slavery and don't question how they can get their nails done for £3 or who is smuggling their line of Coke onto their dinner table. Or go on climate change marches, dump their litter everywhere and then decide to go skiing and backpack their way round the Far East. Its all part of that. $3 a day can make a massive difference to reducing infant mortality in the poorest countries. I think they would rather have clean running water than worry about White Saviors.
Exactly, people see social activism a lot of times as an act to make themselves look better and improve their image, but many of these celebs actually do so much good. I’m actually of the mindset that if they are doing it for their image and still getting good work done, then who cares? As long as it’s helping who cares if they benefit. But some people really just long to attack Hollywood and today’s culture is so sensitive about every little thing it’s so easy to cast judgment on people.

One thing that pissed me off so much was after Tom’s speech someone sarcastically tweeted “I wish we all that the courage of these actors to film shows about third world nations” (I’m paraphrasing) but al these people liked it and I just thought to myself ummm The Night Manager did actually film in some of those places and Tom visits regularly to help out, putting himself in the line of fire. People don’t even bother to look deeper into things they just want to hate on someone rich and good looking.

I also do truly believe that the Taylor Swift thing didn’t help- once that happened people got it in their heads that he wasn’t above doing things for his image so all of his good work became one more PR move to benefit himself in their eyes.

Reactions: 5
also do truly believe that the Taylor Swift thing didn’t help- once that happened people got it in their heads that he wasn’t above doing things for his image so all of his good work became one more PR move to benefit himself in their eyes.
Though it was a HUGE factor, I think that some other things may have happen in his personal life....
Anyways, here....some Smiley Thomas photos

1635347455920.png

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Tom and Loki are nominated for People´s choice awards.....it is not an Emmy (yet!) but you can vote here personally so I suspect he may have a decent chance. Also, if there is a live show, Tom could appear :D

Also, this is a nice story:

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
Tom and Loki are nominated for People´s choice awards.....it is not an Emmy (yet!) but you can vote here personally so I suspect he may have a decent chance. Also, if there is a live show, Tom could appear :D

I want him to be nominated for everything just so we can see him! The tony’s were such a nice change of pace- I heard he might be nominated for SAG and I’m hoping he’ll be nominated for TES as well.

I really just want an excuse to see him in a suit WITHOUT the damn sweater underneath.

This is what I need:
55191198-6059-4B50-96C5-9179A0747646.jpeg

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 4
This situation of Blancos vs. People of color is complicated, I think all this goes beyond a skin color, I am of the idea that violence cannot be countered with more violence, dividing human beings by their skin tone is somewhat derogatory, but I I understand that people do not think like that, I think that Tom could do more things in his networks but I believe and I believe that he is a man who does not think like the collective and that causes noise in society, every time I hear him speak I pay attention because always between the lines tells its truth.

Reactions: 1

Well, this time he can fly directly to the US and must not stay 2 weeks in Spain

• Haha
It will be interesting to see who will do better, Loki or WandaVision. A lot of non MCU fans liked WandaVision. Fingers crossed for Loki of course.

It will be interesting to see who will do better, Loki or WandaVision. A lot of non MCU fans liked WandaVision. Fingers crossed for Loki of course.
This come first in my mind, Wanda vs Loki. That could be really interesting

I've already set up a reminder to vote!!!!! www.votepca.com

Hope he wins!!!! 💞
I've already set up a reminder to vote!!!!! www.votepca.com

Hope he wins!!!! 💞
But why they want my Email address for voteting

I am afraid WandaVision and Loki could split the vote. But I still think Loki is more popular even among regular viewers. And it is more recent.

Is this the one where the nominated know results ahead so they can attend?

I didn't even watch WandaVision whoops

I want him to be nominated for everything just so we can see him! The tony’s were such a nice change of pace- I heard he might be nominated for SAG and I’m hoping he’ll be nominated for TES as well.

I really just want an excuse to see him in a suit WITHOUT the damn sweater underneath.

This is what I need:
View attachment 831681
This is what I need in my life. All day, every day!

1635359319781.png

But why they want my Email address for voteting
It's normal for these type of online votiong!

I am afraid WandaVision and Loki could split the vote. But I still think Loki is more popular even among regular viewers. And it is more recent.

Is this the one where the nominated know results ahead so they can attend?
Probably not but if he is not filming, he can make an appearance!!!! I don't think Sophia could attend, considering this award is in December and she is super preggo and maybe due by then?

I didn't even watch WandaVision whoops

This is what I need in my life. All day, every day!

View attachment 831894

It's normal for these type of online votiong!

Probably not but if he is not filming, he can make an appearance!!!! I don't think Sophia could attend, considering this award is in December and she is super preggo and maybe due by then?
No, no airline will take her with them more pregnant

I think it would be good if Tom won. Just for the sake that he is popular with viewers. It is interesting to see Anthony Mackie opposite Tom. It could split the vote as well. However I stand behind the opinion that Tom is still more popular among MCU fans. And it will be interesting to watch simply because Anthony is the new Captain America....the marketing potential may be viewed through these. However I am afraid Dwayne Johnson gets it all. I would like to see the final results with all the votes for each of them. I *think* they used to show them but not sure now.

Anyway, I am setting the mail alert simply for the fact that I just want to see Tom in the suit (and outside!) :D

Just reminder that Loki is there, counting Tom´s "TV male star" category, in four categories:
Show of 2021, Bingeworthy Show, and Sci-Fi/Fantasy Show....any of these would do for Tom to show up, I think, as he was also the EP :D

I hate the last one, though, because if this was any other year, I would have voted for Lucifer (which has a huge fanbase and the last season was really good as well)

Last edited: