Tom Hiddleston #5 The Red Sweater Diaries

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Tom sends a virtual message to the BFI. I hope we get actual video footage at some point!

He cut his hair and his hairline looks....weird? I've been off here for a couple of days...what post were you guys referring to? Someone fill me in, please?

• Heart
Reactions: 1
He cut his hair and his hairline looks....weird? I've been off here for a couple of days...what post were you guys referring to? Someone fill me in, please?
His hair seem to be shorter but I don´t think it is too big of a change? Maybe it is weirdly cut at the screen? But I am generally blind when it comes to hair :D

Someone (new?) posted something here yesterday evening (evening for me), about how she (?) hates Zawe for being priviliged (?or something), then hates Tom for "not sharing theater experience" and some other stuff. It seemed like a random thought than an actual post. I read it before midnight so my mind was a bit slow and the post was gone in the morning. So our guess is that it either was deleted by the person who posted it or someone reported it. If I knew it would be deleted, I would have made a screen :D But it was really strange and bizarre. Maybe thet poster will come back and explain it more? But to me, it seemed as a hate status. *shrugs*

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
I think he looks better than in the last (?) mcu panel video (with Elisabeth Oslen) he did from his place. Maybe the lighting is better, or maybe he is more rested?

His hairline has never been stellar, it's definitely receding. I feel like the angle and where the camera cuts off makes it look worse. I am really looking forward to getting some more photos and content during the con- it may have to tide us over until TES!

But he does look great, his eyes are nicely blue and bright and his cheekbones are somehow more visible due to the shorter facial hair. I wonder what does it mean that he gave up his beard. He looked like this at Tonys as well, right? Maybe he just decided to change a look but hopefully it could be for some filming? I really hope he will give us some answers at the comic con. Of course, if he is allowed to talk about it (whatever it may be)

Reactions: 2
I think he looks better than in the last (?) mcu panel video (with Elisabeth Oslen) he did from his place. Maybe the lighting is better, or maybe he is more rested?
He looks very full of love, rosy-cheeked and blue blue eyes!

But he does look great, his eyes are nicely blue and bright and his cheekbones are somehow more visible due to the shorter facial hair. I wonder what does it mean that he gave up his beard. He looked like this at Tonys as well, right? Maybe he just decided to change a look but hopefully it could be for some filming? I really hope he will give us some answers at the comic con. Of course, if he is allowed to talk about it (whatever it may be)
I can only hope the stubble and lack of floof beard are for filming a new project but..that is probably just wishful thinking.

The baby blue sweater does seem to be his new uniform of choice. I wonder if he will wear it to the con or if he will throw us all off and wear a button down (I feel like we haven't seen him in just a button down shirt in ages!) Or maybe...something red- you listening Tom?

How is that full of love? seems to be in his country house!
hoping to see it more often.

• Haha
... then hates Tom for "not sharing theater experience" and some other stuff.
That's interesting. I've noticed in some of the Betrayal vision and pics, when he's talking to fans and signing thing, a couple of times he's just looked deeply unimpressed. Maybe someone said/did something ridiculous, and they got pissy-Tom?

Unpopular opinion, but I actually like his hair shorter. Night Manager length. It highlights the bone structure.

I've noticed in some of the Betrayal vision and pics, when he's talking to fans and signing thing, a couple of times he's just looked deeply unimpressed. Maybe someone said/did something ridiculous, and they got pissy-Tom?
I unfortunatelly agree with you - in my opinion there's also a huge difference in how he was with fans a few years ago and how he is now. He used to enjoy it (like really), he was goofing around, giving hugs and taking selfies (literally grabing fans phones and taking those selfies by himself). Now he just seems annoyed, bored and his face says "please, let this be over" 🤷‍♀️

It seems to be in the country house. Even background and the same light as in January. Only that pictures can now be seen. (and he didn't turn them over)

I unfortunatelly agree with you - in my opinion there's also a huge difference in how he was with fans a few years ago and how he is now. He used to enjoy it (like really), he was goofing around, giving hugs and taking selfies (literally grabing fans phones and taking those selfies by himself). Now he just seems annoyed, bored and his face says "please, let this be over" 🤷‍♀️
I haven't noticed it. He was great with fans. He seemed to enjoy it, as far as I know, he spent even an hour signing and taking pictures. But theater is an intense experience and sometimes he may have been tired. It is different to go out from filming or at red carpet events and after crying two hours on the stage. He is not obliged to go out and sign anything. Believe it or not, it is done in the UK or US but here? Nobody would think to go and yell at the actors. I always feel weird when I am the only one doing it here.
Also, fans tend to say weird things. And if what someone said here is true....that some people were leaving before the ending only to get better place at stage door, disturbing at the process, no wonder he may have been annoyed. He knows he owes a lot to his fans and he obviously knows it and has a respect for that. But the respect must go both ways. If they don't respect his work and are there only for that selfie then it is disrespectful to him, his work and his collegaues. Also he is only a human who can have a bad day, too. To cry over it online and say about a person you hate him just because he didn't smile at you at stage door is immature and silly.

Reactions: 4
To cry over it online and say about a person you hate him just because he didn't smile at you at stage door is immature and silly.
I hope you didn't mean I'm one of those silly and immature fans.
I just think he's different now than he used to be and it's normal to change. It's normal to have a worse day. It's normal to sometimes be annoyed by pushy fans who say weird tit.
But I stand by my impression that his overall "vibe" changed, not only in those situations.

I think his public vibe has changed, but I'm not convinced about his private one. You can see flashes of the old vibe when he's in the background. Maybe he's got a stalker or something? Who knows?

I hope you didn't mean I'm one of those silly and immature fans.
I just think he's different now than he used to be and it's normal to change. It's normal to have a worse day. It's normal to sometimes be annoyed by pushy fans who say weird tit.
But I stand by my impression that his overall "vibe" changed, not only in those situations.
No, of course not :) It was meant for that long post that appeared here and disappeared. It was really some crazy stuff.
He did change, there is no dispute over it. But I am not sure it is for worse. He just grew a bit, you act differently when you are 40 and when you are 30.
We speculated that he may have been a bit depressed through 2018.
Also, it seems he really got a bit more protective over his privacy and I don´t think the reason is only Hiddleswift. Maybe he had some bad experience with a fan. We would never know.
Honestly, when I sometimes see how unprotected actors walk along fans, the image of Monica Selesg pops up. I think it is not as safe for actors as it used to be anymore. Call me paranoid :D

No, of course not :) It was meant for that long post that appeared here and disappeared. It was really some crazy stuff.
He did change, there is no dispute over it. But I am not sure it is for worse. He just grew a bit, you act differently when you are 40 and when you are 30.
We speculated that he may have been a bit depressed through 2018.
Also, it seems he really got a bit more protective over his privacy and I don´t think the reason is only Hiddleswift. Maybe he had some bad experience with a fan. We would never know.
Honestly, when I sometimes see how unprotected actors walk along fans, the image of Monica Selesg pops up. I think it is not as safe for actors as it used to be anymore. Call me paranoid :D
I'm not saying it's worse, it's just different. Maybe it's part of maturing, maybe it's caused by something we don't know anything about.

But to be completely honest: I quite liked his 2013-2016 era (pre TS), this quirky, fun, sexy, intellectuall Shakespeare geek oozing with confidence and belief that he's on the verge of being a super massive Hollywood star.

And yes, I agree: either fans and haters can be extreme and no wonder some people just shut down a bit to protect themselves and their sanity.

I'm not saying it's worse, it's just different. Maybe it's part of maturing, maybe it's caused by something we don't know anything about.

But to be completely honest: I quite liked his 2013-2016 era (pre TS), this quirky, fun, sexy, intellectuall Shakespeare geek oozing with confidence and belief that he's on the verge of being a super massive Hollywood star.

And yes, I agree: either fans and haters can be extreme and no wonder some people just shut down a bit to protect themselves and their sanity.
I think we all miss him. But this guy is OK, too. Just less fun, yeah. But I guess as soon as he is working and is happy then I guess it is what it is.
But you can read between lines in some interviews where he admits he did lose his head a bit somewhere at that point so maybe he is trying another approach now. However, he is still Shakespeare geek, I loved his interivew with Colbert and it was not that long ago :)

I think we all miss him. But this guy is OK, too. Just less fun, yeah. But I guess as soon as he is working and is happy then I guess it is what it is.
But you can read between lines in some interviews where he admits he did lose his head a bit somewhere at that point so maybe he is trying another approach now. However, he is still Shakespeare geek, I loved his interivew with Colbert and it was not that long ago :)
He's just a little bit more serious Shakespeare geek now. And that's ok :)

I haven't noticed it. He was great with fans. He seemed to enjoy it, as far as I know, he spent even an hour signing and taking pictures. But theater is an intense experience and sometimes he may have been tired. It is different to go out from filming or at red carpet events and after crying two hours on the stage. He is not obliged to go out and sign anything.
I have said before on here I think Betrayal completely drained him emotionally. Think of method actors who have to play dark characters and become depressed because of it. He had to pretend he was cheated on by what we now know at the time was *possibly* his partner every single night for almost a year. That would take a lot out of anyone. Then on top of it he would do stage door even though as you said he had no obligation.

That's interesting. I've noticed in some of the Betrayal vision and pics, when he's talking to fans and signing thing, a couple of times he's just looked deeply unimpressed. Maybe someone said/did something ridiculous, and they got pissy-Tom?

Unpopular opinion, but I actually like his hair shorter. Night Manager length. It highlights the bone structure.
I think some of it may have been fatigue of dealing with overzealous fans. I’m certain there were women who would show up multiple nights- there would be pushing and shoving and people would always be filming him without his consent. On west end they had to implement the rule about not leaving early to get to the stage door.

I don’t mind “new” Tom, I think his vivacious energy at the beginning was reflective of a guy who had been trying to break into the business for ten years and become a superstar overnight. Of course he was going to milk it. I don’t think it was fake but I think it came from a place of heightened ego and riding a high of the fandom. After that high ended and he became chastised for his enthusiasm it makes sense he would tone it down.

My sister and I like to play a game where I look at my ig feed to see if it is still only Tom and fluffy animals. Occasionally RDJ or Chris Evans creep in but it’s funny every time:
6B812021-E083-40A5-AECD-D7C54D07D995.jpeg

Last edited: