Tom and Giovanna Fletcher

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
How sad to think that you have a normal fall out with a young child and your first reaction is to take a photo for a future book.

Reactions: 18
I’ve had the book since before lockdown from the library and I still haven’t managed to finish it #saysitall

• Haha
Reactions: 5
The poor kid was probably fed up of being smothered and filmed and forced to perform so that they can get a scholarship into the silvia young school just like mummy and daddy 🙄🙄 she can be full on, my friends have children and one of them their kid was having a bad day and was constantly telling his mum he hated her and she just replied back with 'aww bless!' 😂
I always reply with ‘and I love you too!’ 😂 winds my 10 year old up 🙈😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
I've always been surprised this thread hasn't been more active (tbf this is my first time posting too!) But I find them both so smug and extremely fake.

Tom's go-to pose feels incredibly forced. That smug, wry smile like, "oh aren't we quirky". And Gi's incessant need to be so tired. We get it!

I think, as others have mentioned, I'm just so baffled that they want to put their kids and life out there that much when, thanks to their writing and his music, they'd be fine without as much invasive publicity surely?

Which makes me think it comes down to a need for attention. They met at drama school, Tom skyrocketed and Gi went along for the ride. She never established herself as an actor in her own right. She seemed to ride on his coat tails / name to get her work.

Seems like a go-to profession for many celebs nowadays is a writer, regardless of ability, but just because they have a name ( or connection) that will sell. And what because she's had children shes now perfectly placed to advise on parenting and present kids shows? Feels so cynical.

And not forgetting the clique of celeb "friends" that regularly band together to do charity work. Dont get me wrong, anything for charity is great but because of how they live their life anyway, you can help but feel its virtue signalling and do-gooding for the sake of a pat on the back.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
I've always been surprised this thread hasn't been more active (tbf this is my first time posting too!) But I find them both so smug and extremely fake.

Tom's go-to pose feels incredibly forced. That smug, wry smile like, "oh aren't we quirky". And Gi's incessant need to be so tired. We get It
Omg you have described the pose/face he pulls PERFECTLY! It makes me livid

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Omg you have described the pose/face he pulls PERFECTLY! It makes me livid
So livid! Especially as I imagine he's carefully constructed these "quirky" situations he's put himself into, for the sake of instagram content.

Drives me as crazy as Gi's "so frazzled, so busy" persona she likes to throw out.

Long time lurker here. Used to be a mcfly fan when I was younger. Had my own child and loved watching these two at first especially on YouTube. For a while now wow they are insufferable... giovanna especially! How can people not see how fake they are and the forced play with their kids to make it seem they are so much better than you!!! When Gi posts about her runs all the time urgh I'm positive she enjoys being the superior instagram mum and putting all other mums down. Look at me running look at me working look at me busy busy busy!!! But also look at all this free time I have!!! Oh but I'm also knackered too cos I never have a break from the kids!!! What a load of bollocks. Such a narcissistic couple but everyone I know lovesss them! AND I found that dandelion video cringy at the time with his forced smug laugh he knew it was gonna go viral!!! (Sorry had sneak in that last one hahahaha)

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I completely went off them when Gi was pregnant with Max...all she did was whinge about how her plans had to change because she got pregnant unexpectedly. I thought it was so insensitive, not only to her child as this stuff will be on the internet forever, but also to people struggling to conceive. You would think that as a "mummy influencer" she would have more tact. I also thought it was kinda awful how they didn't even bother to do a bump to Max video like they did with the first two. They started it, no one asked them to do the first one, it was all for clicks after the success of the wedding speech, but they should have known that they'd have to do a video for any other children they had.

Reactions: 13
Interesting that someone says Tom is gay as over on Izzy Judd's thread someone posted that Harry is gay!

• Haha
Gi recently posted a picture of one of the children "refusing to wear clothes" (with topless/naked photo of child from just above the stomach upwards), cue loads of comments about naked children and people's experiences of their children stripping or not wanting to wear clothes etc. How many of you have older children who would be aboslutely mortified by discovering that kind of content about themselves?

Reactions: 8
I’ve been conflicted about Giovanna for a while now; I still follow her but she’s slipped to the back of my stories list. There’s just too much talking and I’m certainly not going to read any of her books. I did listen to her podcast, but she’s so bland and ‘Mindy’. I know that’s the point, but honestly who wants to dwell on baby stuff indefinitely. My youngest is the same age as her youngest and I’m over it.

I’ve been conflicted about Giovanna for a while now; I still follow her but she’s slipped to the back of my stories list. There’s just too much talking and I’m certainly not going to read any of her books. I did listen to her podcast, but she’s so bland and ‘Mindy’. I know that’s the point, but honestly who wants to dwell on baby stuff indefinitely. My youngest is the same age as her youngest and I’m over it.
Yes, but she has Tom who she can treat like another baby for all eternity.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
What is a “Mindy”. I haven’t heard that one before. I don’t listen to her podcast because I hated Clemmie H’s one and assumed it was similar.

Reactions: 2
What is a “Mindy”. I haven’t heard that one before. I don’t listen to her podcast because I hated Clemmie H’s one and assumed it was similar.
It is better than clemmie’s. I can’t stand either of them but I enjoyed gi’s podcast at first but it all became the same kind of people. Popular Influencer mums. You can probably pick a few good ones out of the list though. Gi is/was an author. She’s written a few books. All chick lit, very boring tone through out. I really enjoyed eve of man, but I do think Tom is a good writer, I bought some kind of wonderful hoping she would have picked up some tips from Tom during eve of man and while it is better than the billy and me books, it’s just not my cup of tea, I don’t like books that I can predict the ending to, and her books are like that. Carrie is a really good writer in my opinion! I don’t particularly like her as a person, but I do really enjoy her as an author!

She said in an interview with a magazine that she had a nanny.

Just Google Giovanna Fletcher nanny and its the first one that comes up.
She says it's hard having a nanny if you're working class....does she think they're working class??!? I'd love to know what industrial manual job they do for low pay??

Gi if you read here working class doesn't apply to you just because you "work" 😂😂😂fml

Find them both irritating unfollowed both, they brag about everything and anything and pay for nothing

• Haha
Reactions: 14
She says it's hard having a nanny if you're working class....does she think they're working class??!? I'd love to know what industrial manual job they do for low pay??

Gi if you read here working class doesn't apply to you just because you "work" 😂😂😂fml

Find them both irritating unfollowed both, they brag about everything and anything and pay for nothing
Tom's sister Carrie Hope Fletcher always says her parents are working class but nobody tends to believe her!

She's definitely kept the Nanny quiet.

Reactions: 3
I mean their parents could have been working class but fairly sure popstar and author millionaires don't qualify 😂

Just watched the contrived danone advert...insufferable

I used to love Gi and Tom but it's all AD after AD now or swipe up to buy my book or listen to my podcast. I skip over their stories now

It is better than clemmie’s. I can’t stand either of them but I enjoyed gi’s podcast at first but it all became the same kind of people. Popular Influencer mums. You can probably pick a few good ones out of the list though. Gi is/was an author. She’s written a few books. All chick lit, very boring tone through out. I really enjoyed eve of man, but I do think Tom is a good writer, I bought some kind of wonderful hoping she would have picked up some tips from Tom during eve of man and while it is better than the billy and me books, it’s just not my cup of tea, I don’t like books that I can predict the ending to, and her books are like that. Carrie is a really good writer in my opinion! I don’t particularly like her as a person, but I do really enjoy her as an author!
Funnily enough I fired up my podcasts today for my longest drive of lockdown and listened to the Alesha one. I generally enjoy them but you could tell Gi was practically orgasming when Alesha brought up hypnobirthing! You didn’t bloody invent it woman! I thought HB was a load of bollocks personally so pisses me off when people act like it’s the only way to give birth 🙄 there are other ways to push a baby out your vag y’know!

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.