Tom and Giovanna Fletcher

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Someone shared their video of them going to Disney on It's Orlando time facebook and I was attacked in the comments when I said this family didn't need another free holiday to Disney and I stand by it, they are extremely wealthy why on earth do Disney think this is a good advert. Plus last year the family were given experiences that the general public cannot access like private meet and greets with the characters and early entry to the parks and given big bunches of balloons for photos in front if the castle. This isn't showcasing a 'normal' Disney holiday.

I'm sick of the ads and gifted mob getting stuff us normal folk could only ever dream of. Keep grabbing and being greedy like that and people will soon tire of them.

Reactions: 44
Another middle class, slim women living in london
Absolutely not saying she’s in any way large but?? Middle class slim woman!?
A2646B9C-CAF5-4527-BF2B-A0448FEB435F.jpeg

She’s definitely a smug mummy BUT she’s not half as bad as some of the mummy mafia lot.
She does write her own books, and ok they’re not going to win the Pulitzer Prize for fiction any time soon, but as chick lit/contemporary lit goes she’s not that bad.
She always stayed in the background when Tom was doing well with mcfly and looked after the kids so it really doesn’t bother me that she’s cashing in on that knowledge now.

They don’t really bother me at all.
But don’t get me started on Carrie Hopeless Leacher. 🙄

Someone shared their video of them going to Disney on It's Orlando time facebook and I was attacked in the comments when I said this family didn't need another free holiday to Disney and I stand by it, they are extremely wealthy why on earth do Disney think this is a good advert. Plus last year the family were given experiences that the general public cannot access like private meet and greets with the characters and early entry to the parks and given big bunches of balloons for photos in front if the castle. This isn't showcasing a 'normal' Disney holiday.

I'm sick of the ads and gifted mob getting stuff us normal folk could only ever dream of. Keep grabbing and being greedy like that and people will soon tire of them.

But it’s advertising. Disney could give joe and Barbara from down the road a free holiday and they get zero return on that.
I don’t like it either but it costs a fraction of the price to send a family (with a healthy number of followers) to Disney and benefit from the publicity that gets than it would to take out a 2 min advertisement on main stream media.
They are that clean cut/happy/fun family Disney WANT promoting their “brand”
I honestly think there are much worse people receiving freebies from Disney this year.
I don’t know, I don’t mind this lot. 😐 but if it is gifted they really need to declare it fast! Or I’m taking this all back 😂

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
Absolutely not saying she’s in any way large but?? Middle class slim woman!?
View attachment 11200

She’s definitely a smug mummy BUT she’s not half as bad as some of the mummy mafia lot.
She does write her own books, and ok they’re not going to win the Pulitzer Prize for fiction any time soon, but as chick lit/contemporary lit goes she’s not that bad.
She always stayed in the background when Tom was doing well with mcfly and looked after the kids so it really doesn’t bother me that she’s cashing in on that knowledge now.

They don’t really bother me at all.
But don’t get me started on Carrie Hopeless Leacher. 🙄

But it’s advertising. Disney could give joe and Barbara from down the road a free holiday and they get zero return on that.
I don’t like it either but it costs a fraction of the price to send a family (with a healthy number of followers) to Disney and benefit from the publicity that gets than it would to take out a 2 min advertisement on main stream media.
They are that clean cut/happy/fun family Disney WANT promoting their “brand”
I honestly think there are much worse people receiving freebies from Disney this year.
I don’t know, I don’t mind this lot. 😐 but if it is gifted they really need to declare it fast! Or I’m taking this all back 😂

I know why these companies do it, such an easy way to reach a lot of people but it still bothers me, seeing Disney sending them away to the Grand Floridan for free for the second year running doesn't make me think wow I'm gonna book a Disney trip it makes me angry! There are 1000s of Disney vlogs on YouTube I don't need to see those pair of twats grabbing a free holiday to make me want to go.

It would be a much better advert for any company to give to a family in need or run a competition or giveaways and feature it on their own media pages. Or better yet the greedy fletcher mob could have turned round and said, d'ya know what we are millionaires and we've been to Disney 20+ times before how about we gift this holiday to a family of our choice instead and we pay for our own trip!

• Heart
Reactions: 20
They're my guilty pleasure. I really like following them both, they have made no secret of how hard they have worked at being married and all the other "normal" day to day things in a family.

Yes they are in a privileged position but they've worked hard for it, they both went to stage school, he hails been hugely successful in a band and then on to writing books, stage plays etc. She is talented herself and probably did take a backseat to support him and now she is finding her groove again.

I don't think the Disney stay is gifted (mainly because they seem much more "on" the signpost game for things such as Next), its been no secret that Tom has been going to Disney since he was young.

They're millionaires, they're celebrities (with talent I hasten to add, although maybe not everyone's cup of tea) so in terms of influencing they're not in the same league as most of us and therefore seeing them on an extreme scale of Disney holiday is nice to see but I know it's different to it being my next door neighbour being there or Sharon from work. (Or a instamum/dad who suggests they're just the same as us and yet are also going on these types of holidays (gifted too) and portraying that we can all do this).

Reactions: 14
I know why these companies do it, such an easy way to reach a lot of people but it still bothers me, seeing Disney sending them away to the Grand Floridan for free for the second year running doesn't make me think wow I'm gonna book a Disney trip it makes me angry! There are 1000s of Disney vlogs on YouTube I don't need to see those pair of twats grabbing a free holiday to make me want to go.

It would be a much better advert for any company to give to a family in need or run a competition or giveaways and feature it on their own media pages. Or better yet the greedy fletcher mob could have turned round and said, d'ya know what we are millionaires and we've been to Disney 20+ times before how about we gift this holiday to a family of our choice instead and we pay for our own trip!
This, all this! It annoys me so much, they make so much money they could definitely afford to pay for this trip themselves. I'm sure in an Instagram story Carrie admitted she's only going on this trip with them because it's free! Just makes me so angry!

Reactions: 6
How does anyone actually know if the trip is gifted? Could it not be the case that they enjoyed their gifted stay last year and decided to go back this year? She did post something about “no work, just family time”. I get people’s frustration about influencers and non declaration of ads etc but I think Gi is pretty transparent when it comes to the vast majority of things (I haven’t followed her since way back when so can’t comment on earlier days) but I’ve always seen things marked as ad recently. She was completely transparent about the Dubai trip being work, I don’t see what she would gain from non disclosure of this Disney one. Maybe they are all on holiday paid for by their own money? Crazy thought!

Reactions: 4
Can you recommend your favourite? Looking for a decent read!
I loved the Billy and Me books. Picked one up in an airport, was glued to it on my holidays and then Amazon primed the others for when I got home 😂

I'm a sucker for a chick lit book!!

Reactions: 5
How does anyone actually know if the trip is gifted? Could it not be the case that they enjoyed their gifted stay last year and decided to go back this year? She did post something about “no work, just family time”. I get people’s frustration about influencers and non declaration of ads etc but I think Gi is pretty transparent when it comes to the vast majority of things (I haven’t followed her since way back when so can’t comment on earlier days) but I’ve always seen things marked as ad recently. She was completely transparent about the Dubai trip being work, I don’t see what she would gain from non disclosure of this Disney one. Maybe they are all on holiday paid for by their own money? Crazy thought!

Carrie Toms sister said it on Instagram last week that they were lucky enough to be gifted again because her and Tom have both worked with Disney in the past.

Gifted doesn't mean she has to work if she's paid to promote she's working but if it's just a free holiday she will only need to put gifted when she's in the hotel etc or when they have an experience that's been organised for them like the private meet and greets and all the free balloons they get.

Reactions: 1
Carrie Toms sister said it on Instagram last week that they were lucky enough to be gifted again because her and Tom have both worked with Disney in the past.

Gifted doesn't mean she has to work if she's paid to promote she's working but if it's just a free holiday she will only need to put gifted when she's in the hotel etc or when they have an experience that's been organised for them like the private meet and greets and all the free balloons they get.
Ah right - I don’t follow Carrie so naively thought that given neither Tom or Gi had declared anything, that they were paying from their own pocket. That’s changed my whole opinion in that case and I take back anything positive I’ve said as there’s nothing more irritating and frustrating than undeclared ads!

P.S. The bit about work I just meant work in any capacity - paid or just “creating content” and having to hash tag it which I understood to be her way of saying it was a family holiday they paid for herself.

Ah right - I don’t follow Carrie so naively thought that given neither Tom or Gi had declared anything, that they were paying from their own pocket. That’s changed my whole opinion in that case and I take back anything positive I’ve said as there’s nothing more irritating and frustrating than undeclared ads!

P.S. The bit about work I just meant work in any capacity - paid or just “creating content” and having to hash tag it which I understood to be her way of saying it was a family holiday they paid for herself.
Well Carries already posted a couple of pics of her there with no gifted on it either. She definitely said it had been gifted because she has just bought and is renovating a new house so said there was no way she could have gone unless it was 'kindly gifted'

The post on FB shut the comment section off because I wasn't speaking about them in a positive light. Can't say anything to some people. Probably Mrs Hinch fans!

Reactions: 2
I only follow her but I quite like that she’s not so ‘polished’ in every picture/video, feels a bit more real. They come across as more genuine than most, and with discernible talents too. The Baby Club keeps my bubba entertained too so can’t complain about that either ☺

• Heart
I really like them both, think it's refreshing to see a couple who clearly are in love and adore their children!

I did think when the posted it, really you have only just come back from Dubai. Just maybe spend one half term holiday at home. Plus they are so smug, like they are perfect. The kids won’t remember it so they will need to do it again, and again. Keep gifting Disney.

No raving.... find smug people unbearable!!

Maybe Giovanna and Tom have gifted his mum and dad and Oliver and Carrie? As a big family holiday or something?

I didnt think this one was gifted because he said ‘ no work, just fun and laughter with friends and family’ got the impression its just a holiday.

Reactions: 1
I find her especially irritating. The put on BTEC drama performance of middle class mummy is unbearable.
She’s in the most privileged position, she has help, she writes the same book over and over and the Mother Earth vibe I get is nauseating

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I didnt think this one was gifted because he said ‘ no work, just fun and laughter with friends and family’ got the impression its just a holiday.
This is what I thought but others have said Carrie apparently said it was gifted. I do find it odd that none of them have declared anything when, if I look back at their previous posts, they seem to have no qualms about hastagging ad or gifted on other things. They’re getting some negative comments asking to clarify so I don’t get why they wouldn’t just post a story or comment to confirm either way and shut down any negativity?!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.