Tokyo Olympic Games 2020/1

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
They need to get rid of the riding element for the welfare of the horses. Those horses they had were of such a good calibre and to compete at 1.20 you should really have your tit together and not use the reins to balance, socking the poor horse in the mouth and then getting crappy when it refuses and booting it with spurs and slapping it with the whip.
Yes, I felt for Annika as Saint Boy had already been given a horrendous ride and so he didn’t want to do it. It wasn’t him simply being naughty, he had a strong bit in his mouth, had lost his confidence because of previous rider and was extremely hot and bothered by it.
The judges should have spotted this and said actually, we will swap this horse out but instead everyone stood by and watched. Equally, as a horsewoman, you should have recognised this and spoken to someone at the gate in the name of horse welfare. The horses don’t choose to be there and it may take him a long time to get his confidence back and Annika will no doubt now get a lot of hate online aswell as having her Olympic dreams disappear.
I think I saw maybe 3 or 4 people who I would say were capable riders (coming from a previous instructor/yard manager and as someone with an animal behavioural science and welfare degree).

that’s my Friday rant done and dusted 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 13
FYI people Tom Daley passed the prelim diving and providing he passes the semi-finals at 2am, the final will be on from 7am England time.

Reactions: 3
Thing with pentathlons and other stuff is that often the athletes will be really good at one and not the other activities, usually it's the last one because that's where most of the advantage will be coming from

It's sort of a waste of their time to be getting good at riding, but also too expensive for the individual teams to be funding their own horses and what not
My dopey husband asked why our girls in the modern pentathlon couldn't just ride Explosion W 😂😂. Pal there is probably over a million pounds worth of quality horse there, they rnt just going to shove anyone on it.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Channel 4 are definitely showing the Paralympics as they’ve been advertising it for a while with the song from Bugsy Malone 😅

Pretty sure Last Leg are doing their shows too as I’m sure they mentioned it at the end of the last series.

An acquaintance of mine is a Para athlete and heading to Tokyo (my clutching at straws claim to fame 🤣) so I’ll be tuning in.
Same,🏊🏻‍♂️, almost famous😉

They need to get rid of the riding element for the welfare of the horses. Those horses they had were of such a good calibre and to compete at 1.20 you should really have your tit together and not use the reins to balance, socking the poor horse in the mouth and then getting crappy when it refuses and booting it with spurs and slapping it with the whip.
Yes, I felt for Annika as Saint Boy had already been given a horrendous ride and so he didn’t want to do it. It wasn’t him simply being naughty, he had a strong bit in his mouth, had lost his confidence because of previous rider and was extremely hot and bothered by it.
The judges should have spotted this and said actually, we will swap this horse out but instead everyone stood by and watched. Equally, as a horsewoman, you should have recognised this and spoken to someone at the gate in the name of horse welfare. The horses don’t choose to be there and it may take him a long time to get his confidence back and Annika will no doubt now get a lot of hate online aswell as having her Olympic dreams disappear.
I think I saw maybe 3 or 4 people who I would say were capable riders (coming from a previous instructor/yard manager and as someone with an animal behavioural science and welfare degree).

that’s my Friday rant done and dusted 😂
I couldn’t agree more. I watched a couple of rounds and had to switch over, it was so painful to watch those horses getting their mouths yanked and jarred 😣

Reactions: 3
Tom 🥉

I see Jian Yang isn’t happy in the diving he didn’t even congratulate his teammate, just stormed off moaning about silver 🙈 awkward.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Who crashed this time?
A New Zealand rider but he got straight back up and on. Then New Zealand rider again nearly fell after Netherlands rider clipped him.

And now crash between polish rider and Swedish, the polish rider fell

Now the two USA riders crashed

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
A New Zealand rider but he got straight back up and on. Then New Zealand rider again nearly fell after Netherlands rider clipped him.

And now crash between polish rider and Swedish, the polish rider fell

Now the two USA riders crashed
and a German!

Love the Madison, always drama. Would have been great to get the gold but silver will do nicely especially seen as even the bronze looked in doubt at one point.

I read the German coach has got into bother for hitting the horse that was not happy in the womens modern pentathlon. Absolutely disgusting. Felt sorry for the German rider as the horse obviously didnt want to play but WTF why would someone punch a horse!

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 6
It really is comedy riding in the modern pentathlon. Not nice to watch but I can't stop watching. It seems like a "jack of all trades, master of none" event. Doesn't really scream Olympic excellence, but hey we got a gold medal.

Finally managing to catch the artistic swimming. Always amazed by the strength in it

The standard of the men’s MP showjumping was much better than the women’s on the whole with only about 9 riders who weren’t great.

looks like we are out of contention for a medal in the showjumping but I’m hoping Sweden get the gold as they have been brilliant all week.

Reactions: 2
🥇 Joe in the Modern Pentathlon, what a strange combo of events.
What a strong runner he is!

Love the Madison, always drama. Would have been great to get the gold but silver will do nicely especially seen as even the bronze looked in doubt at one point.

I read the German coach has got into bother for hitting the horse that was not happy in the womens modern pentathlon. Absolutely disgusting. Felt sorry for the German rider as the horse obviously didnt want to play but WTF why would someone punch a horse!
What a bastard he needs to be punched.😠

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.