Tokyo Olympic Games 2020/1

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I enjoyed the orchestra but man… that was just forgetful and a bit of a glorified circus

clearly I woke up on the wrong side of the bed 😬
I agree it's all a bit dull

I was lucky enough to travel around Japan for 6 weeks a few years ago - Started in Sapporo and ended in Naha with many stops along the way. Once in a lifetime trip. Very expensive but totally worth it.
Worth bearing that in mind

Reactions: 2
I think we have all been majorly spoilt by London's opening and and closing ceremonies. Don't think they will ever be topped.

Been meaning to say I do love the Kenyan 70s style wallpaper kit. Very cool and eye-catching.

Reactions: 4
So so happy for Kellie Harrington winning gold for Ireland in women's boxing at 6AM irish time. I went to bed after 1 after watching the marathon, then got up again at 5:50 to watch the fight 😆.

Reactions: 3
The ballot for the commonwealth games in Birmingham opens in September if anyone is interested

I think we have all been majorly spoilt by London's opening and and closing ceremonies. Don't think they will ever be topped.

Been meaning to say I do love the Kenyan 70s style wallpaper kit. Very cool and eye-catching.
London was outstanding, I am biased but nothing will top it for me, Rio and Sydney 2000 up there though. Sir Steve winning his 5th gold was so special.

It might have been mentioned already but Olympics rewind on BBC Iplayer is so worth watching. So many good moments.

Glad I didn't switch off as I am enjoying the traditional Japanese music and dance

Reactions: 5
This closing ceremony is much better than the opening one, I felt depressed watching the opening one 😂

Well done to team GB finishing 4th in the medal table!!

Going to miss watching the Olympics when I’m supposed to be working from home 😂 only a couple of weeks until the Paras!

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Felt instantly comforting to see live scenes of Paris and it was daytime compared to the night-time darkness in Tokyo :ROFLMAO: Selfish, but much better for the UK viewer.

Reactions: 7
Glad I didn't switch off as I am enjoying the traditional Japanese music and dance
I was going to do the same but left it on and have enjoyed it, love the casual clothes worn in the Park scenes especially the baggy trousers. We were in Tokyo for a couple of nights stop over and have been meaning to go back but after seeing this it is definitely the next long haul when we are able to travel.

Reactions: 1
This is an interesting article about the funding each GB sport receives, and what they will be receiving for Paris.

Skateboarding I think got the lowest amount of funding, I suppose that isn’t totally surprising but Sky Brown has brought a lot of attention to the sport and we do actually have a few young up and coming skaters right here in the uk. The problem is we just don’t have the quality skating facilities and funding that they have in other countries. The potential is there imo for us to compete in Olympic skateboarding it just needs the investment. Hopefully the ‘progression funding’ will help.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
Honestly my only concern with Paris is that some of the niche sports will get even less coverage as the time zones will be somewhat normal so there won't be that weird AM slot where they can show whatever they sort of want to without focusing overly on the Brits

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.