Tokyo Olympic Games 2020/1

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
They need to get rid of the riding element for the welfare of the horses. Those horses they had were of such a good calibre and to compete at 1.20 you should really have your tit together and not use the reins to balance, socking the poor horse in the mouth and then getting crappy when it refuses and booting it with spurs and slapping it with the whip.
Yes, I felt for Annika as Saint Boy had already been given a horrendous ride and so he didn’t want to do it. It wasn’t him simply being naughty, he had a strong bit in his mouth, had lost his confidence because of previous rider and was extremely hot and bothered by it.
The judges should have spotted this and said actually, we will swap this horse out but instead everyone stood by and watched. Equally, as a horsewoman, you should have recognised this and spoken to someone at the gate in the name of horse welfare. The horses don’t choose to be there and it may take him a long time to get his confidence back and Annika will no doubt now get a lot of hate online aswell as having her Olympic dreams disappear.
I think I saw maybe 3 or 4 people who I would say were capable riders (coming from a previous instructor/yard manager and as someone with an animal behavioural science and welfare degree).

that’s my Friday rant done and dusted 😂
She had the opportunity to swap for a reserve horse and chose not to as well which is ridiculous as it was obvious from his previous round that he was not going to play ball. Completely not the fault of the horse at all, I felt a bit sorry for the German rider but she handled the horse really badly, not helped by the coach either.

I am always torn with equestrian events because I love horses and they always amaze me when they compete but I am not always confident that the horses welfare is paramount especially in events like this one. I do think the eventing/showjumping/dressage team horses will be looked after to highest standards and I trust that their teams and riders have their best interests at heart but I am really conflicted about the use of animals in sport.

Reactions: 5
Explosion W was withdrawn from the showjumping as there was no way team GB would medal. To me that shows excellent welfare consideration.
The pentathlon riding was a tit show. No other way of putting it

Reactions: 7
Congrats Galal Yafai for getting gold in the men’s flyweight boxing. He’s a local lad to me which is always nice to see.

Reactions: 8
Love the diving. The Chinese come out top once again with Gold and Silver! Well done to our Tom Daley with Bronze. Really wish this was on longer. But hey ho, Paris next and will be much better for us timing wise at least.

At least we only have 3 years to wait until Paris instead of 4. I’m gonna miss reading this thread. The time difference will be much better as well.

Love the diving. The Chinese come out top once again with Gold and Silver! Well done to our Tom Daley with Bronze. Really wish this was on longer. But hey ho, Paris next and will be much better for us timing wise at least.
And common wealth games next year!!! So not long for sport

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I love the smiley Australian McDermott in the high jump. Hope she wins.

Would love to see what she's writing in her notebook.

Reactions: 2
I love the smiley Australian McDermott in the high jump. Hope she wins.

Would love to see what she's writing in her notebook.
I honestly thought the first time she did 2m she looked like she was gonna have a breakdown 😂

Reactions: 1
I honestly thought the first time she did 2m she looked like she was gonna have a breakdown 😂
😂 She seems to have a very fixed routine doesn't she? Smile, talks to herself, arms outstretched, "come on!", does the jump, marks herself in her diary.

24th in the athletics medal table for Team GB is disappointing. Loads of promise in the middle distance events though, which hasn't been our strong point for a few decades now. Maybe these things go in cycles. Onwards and upwards for our up-and-coming athletes to get more experience in the Commonwealths.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 4
Love the Madison, always drama. Would have been great to get the gold but silver will do nicely especially seen as even the bronze looked in doubt at one point.

I read the German coach has got into bother for hitting the horse that was not happy in the womens modern pentathlon. Absolutely disgusting. Felt sorry for the German rider as the horse obviously didnt want to play but WTF why would someone punch a horse!
How awful. I've just sat crying over it. It's not the horses fault ffs.

How awful. I've just sat crying over it. It's not the horses fault ffs.

a petition for anyone who has been disgusted by the pentathlon riding!!

Reactions: 2
Explosion W was withdrawn from the showjumping as there was no way team GB would medal. To me that shows excellent welfare consideration.
The pentathlon riding was a tit show. No other way of putting it
Yes I agree I was really pleased they withdrew Explosion W, no point risking injury when they were not going to win a medal.

World gymnastics this October from Japan as well

2022 world athletics in Oregan as well!

Does anyone know what’s happened to Morgan Lake team gb high jump? She’s posted on Instagram she’s dropped out of the final due to injury? I saw one of her coaches has been suspended and she competed without him as well, he was banned from flying into Japan?

World gymnastics this October from Japan as well

2022 world athletics in Oregan as well!

Does anyone know what’s happened to Morgan Lake team gb high jump? She’s posted on Instagram she’s dropped out of the final due to injury? I saw one of her coaches has been suspended and she competed without him as well, he was banned from flying into Japan?
I think possibly an ankle injury?

• Sad
Huge crash in the velodrome, Laura Kenny tangled up in it but looks like they are all ok even though it looked nasty.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.