Tokyo Olympic Games 2020/1

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
In some of the sports why do some teams compete against their own team mates, they would win either way??

I quite fancy a go at modern pentathlon. Bit of running, bit of shooting, bit of horse riding, bit of swimming and sword fighting. Sounds like good fun. 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I quite fancy a go at modern pentathlon. Bit of running, bit of shooting, bit of horse riding, bit of swimming and sword fighting. Sounds like good fun. 😂
This has to be one of the craziest events in the Games. I am speechless 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Watching them run around through all of the cones it just looks like grown up sports day

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Is anyone else really suspicious whenever Russia win anything? I’d want to see their doping results if I finished in second to them. I really don’t know how they are allowed to take part still? ROC are Russia in all but name.

Reactions: 5
I'm clearly feeling very unchallenged physically in my life just now because, not only did I dig out my boyfriends old skateboard after watching the skateboarding, I'm currently looking at my local climbing centre and thinking about doing an intro to bouldering course :ROFLMAO:

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I'm clearly feeling very unchallenged physically in my life just now because, not only did I dig out my boyfriends old skateboard after watching the skateboarding, I'm currently looking at my local climbing centre and thinking about doing an intro to bouldering course :ROFLMAO:
Same. I’ve been inspired by a 13 year old. My daughter has wanted a skateboard for a while and we are getting her one soon. I’m seriously considering getting one for myself as well🙈 I don’t even want to do the fancy tricks I just wanna be able to balance on a board and go fast because it looks cool😂

I’ve also got the uk national skating championships on, it’s on YouTube! Practically an expert now.

Same. I’ve been inspired by a 13 year old. My daughter has wanted a skateboard for a while and we are getting her one soon. I’m seriously considering getting one for myself as well🙈 I don’t even want to do the fancy tricks I just wanna be able to balance on a board and go fast😂
I snowboard so feel like I might pick it up quite quickly. I've been using it in my kitchen so I can hold on to the counter if I feel like I'm going to fall but think I've got the pushing off and getting my feet on the board bit nailed now. Just need to take it outside :ROFLMAO: I'm the same not being fussed about fancy tricks, but I think if I get the hang of it and like it then I might buy a longboard instead because I like some of the fancy dancing style stuff you can do on those.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I think that's the amazing thing about the Olympics too even when it's finished it still makes an impact and has people inspired to do things they've never done before. Imagine all the future olympians sitting watching it on TV right now

I'm on the second day of a hangover everything is making me soppy can you tell 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Is anyone else really suspicious whenever Russia win anything? I’d want to see their doping results if I finished in second to them. I really don’t know how they are allowed to take part still? ROC are Russia in all but name.
Not every time but there definitely have been some athletes where I was a bit like 🤔 It’s not
fair really if they are clean but sadly after what happened it’s quite hard to get rid of some doubt.

I snowboard so feel like I might pick it up quite quickly. I've been using it in my kitchen so I can hold on to the counter if I feel like I'm going to fall but think I've got the pushing off and getting my feet on the board bit nailed now. Just need to take it outside :ROFLMAO: I'm the same not being fussed about fancy tricks, but I think if I get the hang of it and like it then I might buy a longboard instead because I like some of the fancy dancing style stuff you can do on those.
That’s a good idea practicing in the kitchen. I’ve attempted skating when I was younger but never gave it a proper go. I’ve been thinking I need to do more exercise lately but I don’t like the gym or running or any of the more traditional activities. I feel motivated about trying skating though? So weird. I’m 30, am I too young for a mid life crisis?😆

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.