Tokyo Olympic Games 2020/1

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just caught up with the Kenny's. Gutted for Laura, but Jason πŸ₯‡πŸ₯‡πŸ₯‡πŸ₯‡πŸ₯‡πŸ₯‡πŸ₯‡
I was just starting to feel tired when he won that, woke me right up! Outstanding so pleased he managed to get a gold and in style as well. Laura is so tough, that crash looked awful so to get up and carry on was amazing especially when she knew she wasnt going to medal.

Reactions: 3
That big crash in the velodrome looked awful, hopefully everyone was okay, any idea how it happened?

Reactions: 1
Have there been any leaks for the closing ceremony?
I’m not prepared to watch another several hours of moping about covid

Reactions: 3
That manage at the end has just set me off 😭 despite covid, it has been a fabulous few weeks.

commentator promising something special from Paris in their handover section towards the end

Hazel just said Italy gave special dispensation to elite athletes to continue to train during the pandemic. I think that was a decision well-made.

Reactions: 5
Hazel just said Italy gave special dispensation to elite athletes to continue to train during the pandemic. I think that was a decision well-made.
I agree. The footage I saw of our swimmers training in hot tubs with ropes round their waists was ridiculous. There was no reason why they couldn’t have continued to go swimming

• Wow
Reactions: 8
Entire world now googling "Tokyo Ska Paradise Orchestra". They seem a lot of fun.

I've always wanted to, but I want to go to Japan more than ever now. It'll have to wait a couple of years now. Definitely got to get there when world travel becomes possible again.

Entire world now googling "Tokyo Ska Paradise Orchestra". They seem a lot of fun.

I've always wanted to, but I want to go to Japan more than ever now. It'll have to wait a couple of years now. Definitely got to get there when world travel becomes possible again.
Would so love to visit Japan but so expensive!

Reactions: 4
I enjoyed the orchestra but man… that was just forgetful and a bit of a glorified circus

clearly I woke up on the wrong side of the bed 😬

I was lucky enough to travel around Japan for 6 weeks a few years ago - Started in Sapporo and ended in Naha with many stops along the way. Once in a lifetime trip. Very expensive but totally worth it.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.