Tokyo Olympic Games 2020/1

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I see that Brisbane has been confirmed as the host of the 2032 Olympic Games today.

There weren't any other cities being considered, so it was strongly expected already, but today they confirmed it.

So Tokyo hands over to Paris for 2024, and Los Angeles for 2028, then Brisbane for 2032.
It's interesting as there were actually other interested bidders including Doha, Hungary and Germany. All had expressed an interest but the IOC unusually gave Brisbane sole bidding rights. It has actually caused a bit of controversy.

I am so excited about the Olympics!

my favourites are the hockey, gymnastics, rowing, and cycling but honestly I’ll watch anything and everything!
Thank goodness for working from home

Reactions: 2
I’m genuinely so excited for both ceremonies because it’s JAPAN, and if anyone is going to go beyond it’s probably them

Reactions: 1
I’m watching! Tokyo is so huge! This is from the top of the Sky Tree when I visited, it goes on for miles!
26F5CA53-09C8-4D42-BB92-A8677A890ABC.jpeg

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 4
Why do the voices over people need to butt in every few moments to explain the blatantly obvious with the opening ceremony. Shuuut up

Reactions: 4
I also sort of hate that they keep mentioning COVID

I obviously understand for training purposes and this training dance they’re doing but my god… I just want some escapism

I sort of hope that it gets toned down later in the ceremony but I doubt it

Reactions: 3
Nothing will ever beat the 2012 London opening ceremony, especially the Industrial Revolution / Pandemonium section. Goosebumps every time.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Nothing will ever beat the 2012 London opening ceremony, especially the Industrial Revolution / Pandemonium section. Goosebumps every time.
I was just thinking the same. I know this ceremony is probably nothing like it should have been but London was special

The double flag bearers just look awkward. Did a man decide that it wasn’t fair if a woman carried the flag by herself?

Seems that way, apart from the flame lighting. Was hoping for Mario, Hello Kitty, Pokemon and Manga, and all we got was some carpenters and a treadmill :ROFLMAO:
This opening ceremony looked so messy. If they don’t do anything else this will go down as one of the worst opening ceremonies. I get that Covid is an issue but they could have done so much more.

Reactions: 3
Seems that way, apart from the flame lighting. Was hoping for Mario, Hello Kitty, Pokemon and Manga, and all we got was some carpenters and a treadmill :ROFLMAO:
Makes sense. Sort of upsetting that the ceremony was so short as they have a lot of culture tbh, but having the athletes walk out to video game music is a great idea imo

I’m loving following the athletes over social media, I’m so excited for them all 🤩

This opening ceremony looked so messy. If they don’t do anything else this will go down as one of the worst opening ceremonies. I get that Covid is an issue but they could have done so much more.
I thought they would use technology to make it really really cool…..

I’m loving following the athletes over social media, I’m so excited for them all 🤩

I thought they would use technology to make it really really cool…..
Me too, thought they might have used technology to create an artificial crowd. At least we can feel assured that everything should run like clockwork in Japan. No green swimming pools like in Rio :sick:

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.