Tokyo Olympic Games 2020/1

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ahh love the Olympics! It’s gonna make me miss being in Tokyo watching it. My favourite sports are all the athletics and the cycling 🇬🇧

Reactions: 2
Ahh love the Olympics! It’s gonna make me miss being in Tokyo watching it. My favourite sports are all the athletics and the cycling 🇬🇧
Ooh, did you live there? It's always been top of my wish list but never had the chance to go.

The best thing about the Olympics is becoming a semi-expert in random events that you'd have no interest in at any other time. My favourite is that one in the velodrome when there's 2 cyclists acting all cagey around each other for the first few laps, then the bell goes and they start riding hell for leather to the line :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
I'm looking forward to loads, always prefer the first week to the second because I'm not as interested in athletics and it seems to completely take over.

Rugby sevens... the All Blacks/Black Ferns Sevens are doing some training in saunas to get them ready for the conditions!

Anything on a bike... the insanity of the madison is back.

Anything on a horse... there's always a crazy one in the modern pentathlon show jumping!

Skateboarding and surfing... genuinely can't wait.

The best thing about the Olympics is becoming a semi-expert in random events that you'd have no interest in at any other time. My favourite is that one in the velodrome when there's 2 cyclists acting all cagey around each other for the first few laps, then the bell goes and they start riding hell for leather to the line :ROFLMAO:
I never seem to understand the exact rules of track cycling, there is that one where they usually follow a middle aged man on electric bike for a few laps and now the Madison is back so they hold hands over the line! I don't understand any of it but hopefully they have Chris Hoy or equally nice ex professional explaining it!

Unfortunately not! I just travelled across Japan for nearly 2 months years ago but spent a week in Tokyo - loved it!
Oh amazing, I need to go. I don't think anyone would be able to get me out of the Sanrio shops though. Need about 50 suitcases for all the cuteness I'd buy!

Don't forget the rowing, guys. Its the only time in our lives when we get to use the word 'repechage' :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 3
Ooh, did you live there? It's always been top of my wish list but never had the chance to go.

I’m a proper armchair expert during the Olympics 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 7
This year's kit is designed by Adidas. Not quite as stylised as the last two, which were both by Stella McCartney.

1626101535129.png

1626101874874.png

I always feel a bit sorry for Northern Ireland with the whole 'Team GB' thing. I know it's GB & NI but they never get mentioned.

• Sad
Love love love the Olympics. Won't see much of it live, but excited to watch most of the events. Not a fan of tennis, table tennis, volleyball or shooting/archery but pretty much anything else is fair game.

Also love the Paras, it's such a spectacle of human strength and ability.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I love the Olympics and Paralympics. I watched the swimming at the London Paralympics and it was amazing!

I play softball so I’m so excited to see it in the Olympics! Sadly Britain lost out to Italy in the qualifiers in 2019 😭

I will be watching all of the equestrian competition, I’m excited as I don’t have sky or anything and miss out on watching certain things.

I also love watching gymnastics, athletics, swimming and diving so I have plenty to keep me entertained!

Reactions: 3
Love watching the Olympics! Really looking forward to the Skateboarding this year as a new event, and surfing actually. I really enjoy the more extreme sports they have like bmx. Also looking forward to watching the water/swimming events, athletics, horses. Might try and watch some Olympic football as well.

Reactions: 1
I will be watching all of the equestrian competition, I’m excited as I don’t have sky or anything and miss out on watching certain things.

I also love watching gymnastics, athletics, swimming and diving so I have plenty to keep me entertained!
Have you got horse & country tv? It’s now a subscription like Netflix and shows quite a lot of competitions

When do they official start?
Friday 23rd is the official opening ceremony. The football and softball heats start just prior on Weds/Thurs and there's a couple of events on the Friday but the main bulk of it gets going on Saturday 24th.

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.