Tokyo Olympic Games 2020/1

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m a proper armchair expert during the Olympics 😂

Same. I always critique the dressage despite literally not have a scoobie do 😂 I watched it in 2012 with my big cousin who actually competes and she was getting so annoyed at me 😂

Reactions: 1
Same. I always critique the dressage despite literally not have a scoobie do 😂 I watched it in 2012 with my big cousin who actually competes and she was getting so annoyed at me 😂
When I watch cross country on tv I’m like SIT UUUUUUP as if the rider can hear me 😂

• Haha
Will there be any audience at all?
Not in Tokyo but I heard some of the surronding arenas - where the football is held for example - will have max 10.000 fans. With cases rising this could have changed already though

Is anyone following any of the GB Track cycling team? I wondered if Laura and Jason Kenny were in a different holding camp to everyone else as from her recent story it looked like they had their son with them and in both women's and men's team clips and photos neither had been included.

Is anyone following any of the GB Track cycling team? I wondered if Laura and Jason Kenny were in a different holding camp to everyone else as from her recent story it looked like they had their son with them and in both women's and men's team clips and photos neither had been included.
Surely in a team even they would have to all be together 🤔 I wonder who’s going to look after the wee one during the games because no family have been allowed to travel 😬

I saw that a Ugandan weightlifter has gone AWOL because he doesn't want to go home. Seems like it happens at every Olympics and Commonwealth Games!

Reactions: 4
Surely in a team even they would have to all be together 🤔 I wonder who’s going to look after the wee one during the games because no family have been allowed to travel 😬
That's what struck me as odd, i know Jason is not big into social media so just assumed when he wasn't in the men's team shot but they were both in recent holding camp photo at Celtic Manor and the picnic photo Laura posted today had Albie in. It sounds like holding camp is more relaxed with training, but according to Elinor Barker they cant even leave for a coffee shop so it seems odd to bring a 3 year old along.

They are assuming people still have sex in beds and nowhere else :D
Yeah, because extremely fit Olympic athletes aren't going to be able to manage without a bed. I mean, the gymnasts they will struggle the most. How will they manage an alternative position. 😆😆

• Haha
Reactions: 4
From everything I’ve seen the athletes village looks class 😍 Team GB have such a nice view

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Did anyone else watch the gold rush programme on bbc1? I can’t wait for Tokyo to start! Only a few more days!!

Did anyone else watch the gold rush programme on bbc1? I can’t wait for Tokyo to start! Only a few more days!!
I saw it listed on iPlayer last night. Was going to watch it but had another series to finish first. Was it any good? I am interested in how the lottery helped turn things around after the UK's poor showing at Atlanta.

I saw it listed on iPlayer last night. Was going to watch it but had another series to finish first. Was it any good? I am interested in how the lottery helped turn things around after the UK's poor showing at Atlanta.
It was really interesting. They have pumped so much money into it and it’s worked. Turned us from frankly a laughing stock to one of the best teams in the world.

Really good three parter. Part one is Barcelona 92 and Atlanta 96. Part 2 is Sydney 2000 and Athens 2004. Then you get to Beijing and London for 08 and 12. The story of how John Major as PM shifted a lot of the Lottery money in to grass roots sport and it made the difference as a lot of athletes did it part time and had day jobs.

Reactions: 3
Really good three parter. Part one is Barcelona 92 and Atlanta 96. Part 2 is Sydney 2000 and Athens 2004. Then you get to Beijing and London for 08 and 12. The story of how John Major as PM shifted a lot of the Lottery money in to grass roots sport and it made the difference as a lot of athletes did it part time and had day jobs.
It was really interesting. They have pumped so much money into it and it’s worked. Turned us from frankly a laughing stock to one of the best teams in the world.
Thanks, I will watch that tonight then now that I'm done with the Murdoch documentary. Barcelona was the first Olympics I have strong memories of and was able to fully follow. I was hooked after that. Linford, Sally Gunnell, Chris Boardman and the ever-reliable rowers. Loved our 4x400 relay team in those days too, Akabusi, Regis, Roger Black etc ❤

Reactions: 2
I see that Brisbane has been confirmed as the host of the 2032 Olympic Games today.

There weren't any other cities being considered, so it was strongly expected already, but today they confirmed it.

So Tokyo hands over to Paris for 2024, and Los Angeles for 2028, then Brisbane for 2032.

I see that Brisbane has been confirmed as the host of the 2032 Olympic Games today.

There weren't any other cities being considered, so it was strongly expected already, but today they confirmed it.

So Tokyo hands over to Paris for 2024, and Los Angeles for 2028, then Brisbane for 2032.
Let’s hope Australia opens the borders by then 😂

I follow a few of the GB athletes, thought this might be interesting to see how strict it is in training camp…

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.