Tokyo Olympic Games 2020/1

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I also wonder what their plans are for athletes who need to isolate? It seems awful to come to the Olympics, be told to send-isolate and then miss your competition
They get sent somewhere else to quarantine. They are doing daily testing, if everywhere is as strict as team GB - it’s really really strict! Poor souls can’t leave their hotel room unless it’s for training!

Reactions: 2
Highlights:

1. Flame lighting, always poignant
2. Globe drone
3. Pictograms thing was cool, shame s/he dropped their badminton racket. Hope they don't feel too bad about it, it was otherwise very well executed.
You missed Pita Taufatofua off your list... is it even the Olympics without him?

• Heart
The only decent thing about not being able to sleep in this heat is now having the Olympics to keep me going

I love the Olympics, and will back GB all the way!

BUT...can we shut up about that rower Helen Glover now, yes it’s a great achievement coming back after having kids BUT YOU’D THINK SHE’S THE ONLY ONE EVER TO DO IT!

I’ve found that since the London Olympics she seems to insert herself into everything and get her mug on the TV every opportunity she has.

I couldn’t even tell you the name of her teammate, because it’s the Helen show right now!

Reactions: 3
Watched some of the rowing heats at 4am this morning (couldn’t sleep!). Team GB seemed to having problems.

The bloody BBC have decided that equestrian sports aren’t worthy of being shown

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 5
Ngl their scheduling is such a mess. Last night they were showing the opening ceremony highlights instead of the morning sports live

I reckon they’re saving a lot of them for the day coverage but also doubt it, as Id understand it Eurosports got the control of the broadcast so BBC is picking what the majority of the public would like to see which is always the same damn sports

Reactions: 1
Ngl their scheduling is such a mess. Last night they were showing the opening ceremony highlights instead of the morning sports live

I reckon they’re saving a lot of them for the day coverage but also doubt it, as Id understand it Eurosports got the control of the broadcast so BBC is picking what the majority of the public would like to see which is always the same damn sports
It just pisses me off. No doubt there will be endless cycling, swimming, athletics etc. Equestrian sports are not a minority sport.
BBC appear to be showing the finals of the dressage, eventing showjumping and pure showjumping.Can’t believe they aren’t showing the cross country. Anyone who events or watches eventing knows the the cross country is the best bit!

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Just turned the TV on to watch the Dressage and annoyed it wasn't on, so came here to read the thread.

ETA just seen your post above about the XC - useless

Reactions: 1
If you're going to watch a lot and don't have Sky you can get Discovery+ for £6.99 for a month and stream all the events live and on catch up, or it's free if you're on Vodafone.

If you're going to watch a lot and don't have Sky you can get Discovery+ for £6.99 for a month and stream all the events live and on catch up, or it's free if you're on Vodafone.
I've just done this despite having Sky. Not a lot of money when I'll watch it daily ☺

I’m watching it on discovery +. There’s no commentary but it’s better than nothing. So pleased for Lottie Fry!

I’m so disappointed that they are not showing Equestrian when we have a really good chance of medals. Lottie Fry went into the lead in her test, Carl Hester is incredible and tomorrow our double gold medalist is doing her test. We are always in the medals for our freestyles.

equestrianism always loses out and I don’t have the money for discovery or anything 😒

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.